Tendo City
Gears of War - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Thread: Gears of War (/showthread.php?tid=4065)

Pages: 1 2

Gears of War - A Black Falcon - 15th November 2006

When I buy maybe one FPS a year, and it's usually not recent, do I care much about that?

Gears of War - Great Rumbler - 15th November 2006

Quote:but really, why should I when FPS controls are so much better on PCs?

Says the person who played Beyond Good & Evil on the PC...

As in, action-adventure games have better controls on consoles? That's not necessarially true if the game had either had a good control scheme redone for PCs or had supported gamepads, but it did neither... but how was I supposed to know how bad the controls really were without playing it? Anyway, it was like half the price of the GC version at the time...

Gears of War - Dark Jaguar - 15th November 2006

Well yeah, if you don't want the game anyway then it's no big deal. I was just saying your argument that "the controls aren't as good as PC" seems a little silly if you desperately would want the game otherwise.

Gears of War - Great Rumbler - 15th November 2006

Quote:but how was I supposed to know how bad the controls really were without playing it?

Read a review?

Quote:Anyway, it was like half the price of the GC version at the time...

The GC version is probably more than twice as good as the PC version, so the GC actually has a lower real price.

Have you actually played the PC version? Oh, it has lots of flaws, but still... on a better comptuer that could cope more with their incompetent porting job (ie: deal with the framerate problems -- similar graphics quality to Rayman 3 + worse framerates than Rayman 3 = ?) it'd be better... it still wouldn't fix the controls, though, but even so... it should have been a lot better. Ubisoft COULD have made it a good port, like they did for Rayman 2 or Rayman 3... :(

Even if I had gotten it for GC, though, I'm sure I still would have found it flawed and overrated compared to expectations.

Gears of War - Great Rumbler - 16th November 2006

You and your BG&E hate... :shake:

Gears of War - A Black Falcon - 16th November 2006

:nodding:

BG&E is a great game.

Gears of War - TheBiggah - 16th November 2006

Yeah, BG&E was awesome! Who doesn't like a hot chick with a pig for an uncle...;)

Seriously though, it is a very enjoyable game.

What, do we need to debate how good BG&E is again? I haven't played the game in quite a while now, so I don't really have anything new to say... but my opinion hasn't changed. Overrated game. Not bad (I'd give it a B, probably), but overrated because of how much hype and good press it gets...

... I could just quote myself from any of the other time I've talked about this... :)

Gears of War - Smoke - 16th November 2006

Should of used the Tears for Fears version. ;)

Huh?

Gears of War - Captain_Rush - 16th November 2006

Naaa, that version sucked horribly, I much prefer to remake done by Gary Jules and Michael Andrews

Gears of War - Dark Jaguar - 16th November 2006

I don't know what that means!

They're talking about a song.