Tendo City
election - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Ramble City (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=44)
+--- Thread: election (/showthread.php?tid=4045)

election - A Black Falcon - 8th November 2006

One of the best days in the past six years... :) :)

Such an amazing night, and day... :D

70% for Snowe here is dissapointing, as are some of the close races the Democrats lost in the house in other parts of the country, but I guess we just have to take what we can get...

election - Great Rumbler - 8th November 2006

It should provide some incentive for Republicans to get their act together. All this stuff with Abramoff and that wacko down in Florida is just plain dumb.

election - A Black Falcon - 8th November 2006

Eight of the Republican House seats lost were ones with candidates (or ex-representatives) with ... ethical issues..., and that definitely helped, but the Iraq issue was the main issue, and the result is clear.

My main concern is "what will lead to peace in Iraq the fastest"... I don't see any good options, but some form of greater split (between the three factions) might help. Now that we set off this civil war, just leaving and saying "go on and kill eachother" isn't okay, but we clearly need to change things, because as it is not only are things not improving, but they are obviously getting worse.

election - Sacred Jellybean - 9th November 2006

Question 7 and Amendment 44: defeated.

Also, the Supreme Court is considering partial-birth abortion ban arguments.

Quote:The Bush administration argues that the procedure is never necessary for the woman's health.

Since when is it not medically documented fact that certain births can put the mother's life at risk? Confused Guess it's because the mother is obviously a CORRUPT COMMUNIST CRIMINAL HIPPIE SCUM ADULT who HATES her pure, innocent, God-produced child and WANTS TO KILL IT. Are they claiming that doctors have become so politicized, that they've decided that peer-reviewed, documented evidence is fraudulent and a con to defy the GOP's bidding? This sounds like pure stupidity. I'm begging you, tell me there's something I'm missing here, some reason for them to have at least a sound argument.

But yes, in the good news, Democrats now control the House and Senate. Of course, I don't think it's a great idea for all members of a political party to conform to an ideal that party leaders decide on, but I lean more towards Democrat than Republican, so this is good news.

No libertarian candidate to run for PA. How sad. :( So (obviously), I went with the Dems.

election - Dark Jaguar - 9th November 2006

I'm afraid it may just be the case SJ... That's the thing about this election. I really don't care what party is involved, I just want the people in charge to be rationally minded people who care about science.

election - The Former DMiller - 9th November 2006

My candidate Duckworth lost, but I'm glad to see the Dems take control of Congress. I think this is just the kick in the ass Bush needs to try actually working together with his opponents.

election - A Black Falcon - 9th November 2006

Quote:Since when is it not medically documented fact that certain births can put the mother's life at risk? Guess it's because the mother is obviously a CORRUPT COMMUNIST CRIMINAL HIPPIE SCUM ADULT who HATES her pure, innocent, God-produced child and WANTS TO KILL IT. Are they claiming that doctors have become so politicized, that they've decided that peer-reviewed, documented evidence is fraudulent and a con to defy the GOP's bidding? This sounds like pure stupidity. I'm begging you, tell me there's something I'm missing here, some reason for them to have at least a sound argument.

You're not missing anything. To them it's not a medical issue, it's a moral issue... it doesn't matter that people would probably die if the ban was enforced, it must happen anyway... and this becomes particularly true since partial-birth is not the end of the road. It's just one step on their path to banning abortion completely again in the US.

Quote:My candidate Duckworth lost, but I'm glad to see the Dems take control of Congress. I think this is just the kick in the ass Bush needs to try actually working together with his opponents.

His speech today sounded completely different from everything we've heard from him over the past four to six years, that's for sure... :D (the Democrats had the Senate for about a year and a half from mid 2001-end of 2002 because of Jim Jeffords switching sides; I don't exactly remember how Bush dealt with it, but with a Republican house, he could afford to kind of ignore them I think...)

election - Geno - 20th November 2006

Rumsfeld: Oh shit, Democrats! They're gonna impeach me for all that stuff I did! I gotta get outta here!

If a Chinese person said the word "election" it would sound like "erection." :)

election - A Black Falcon - 20th November 2006

Japanese, you mean.

Quote:Rumsfeld: Oh shit, Democrats! They're gonna impeach me for all that stuff I did! I gotta get outta here!

Very critical hearings, certainly... impeachment? I don't think the Democrats in Congress could remove Rumsfeld, cabinet heads serve as long as the President wants them to I believe... though if they could find some charges maybe they could do something, but with him leaving that is probably avoided, yes.

election - The Former DMiller - 20th November 2006

I think the Rumsfeld resignation was coming whether or not the Dems won Congress. I think Bush has finally started to realize the problems we're having in Iraq and that Rummy is part of the problem. I don't think the Dems would have gone after Rumsfeld, but I do believe they could do something. Not impeachment, but I'm sure there is some option for Congress to remove a cabinet head.

election - Geno - 20th November 2006

A Black Falcon Wrote:Japanese, you mean.
Chinese, Japanese, what's the difference? One's Communist and the other bombed Pearl Harbor! They're also stealing our auto industries! Asia is America's worst enemy after the Middle East and maybe Russia, but Russia's dead now. Ronald Reagan defeated the Soviets single-handedly while riding on a white stallion.

/end stereotypical ignorant American stereotype as from the viewpoint of the average European

election - EdenMaster - 20th November 2006

However, if not for the Japanese, there would be no Nintendo and, thus, no videogame industry today.

That's gotta give them at least a couple brownie points.

election - A Black Falcon - 20th November 2006

Bah, the Atari Jaguar 3 would be ruling the world!

election - Geno - 21st November 2006

EdenMaster Wrote:However, if not for the Japanese, there would be no Nintendo and, thus, no videogame industry today.

That's gotta give them at least a couple brownie points.
S'why I decided to make fun of China instead. :3

Japan rules. The best video game companies are stationed there, and while I find anime and manga overrated, some are very good.

Otherwise, the west is the best. :D