Tendo City
Back to School !? - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Ramble City (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=44)
+--- Thread: Back to School !? (/showthread.php?tid=3979)

Back to School !? - Dark Lord Neo - 29th August 2006

So, I'm just wondering what those who are still in school are taking. I actually kinda want to go back to school, 4 months of seems like it's too long.

Anyways, I'm working towards a Bachelor of Arts at the University of Alberta. I'm majoring in Political Science and minoring in Sociology.

My schedule this year looks like this

Fall:
Drama 101: Introduction to Theater Arts -T/R 9:30-10:50
Political Science 220: Canadian National Goverment and Politics - M/W/F 1-1:50
Political Science 260 - International Relations - M/W/F 10-10:50
Psychology 104: Basic Psychological Processes - T/R 11-12:20
Sociology 210 - Introduction Social Statistics - T/R 2-3:20 -Lab M 11-12:50

Winter:
Drama 102: Play Analysis - T/R 9:30-10:50
Earth and Atmospheric Sciences 220: Violent Weather - M/W/F 9-9:50
Pol S 220 continued
Pol S 260 continued
Sociology 224: Deviance and Conformity T/R 2-3:20
Sociology 225: Criminology T/R 12:30-1:50

It should be an okay year. I'm not really looking forward to social statistics though, and I'm not quite so ssure about psych. The two poli sci courses should be interesting along with soc 224 and 225. Drama 101 and 102 are to satisfy my fine arts requirements, and involve no acting, so that's good, I think they're pretty much english classes. Psych and Violent weather are to fulfill sciece requirements.

Back to School !? - Great Rumbler - 30th August 2006

Managerial Accounting
Business Statistics
Logic [Honors]
Macroeconomics [Honors]
Film in Culture

Back to School !? - Dark Lord Neo - 30th August 2006

You didn't say where you were going, or what you were taking. I'm assuming it's something buisness related based on those courses though.

I working towards a Bachelor's degree in Accounting, as well as an MBA and a CPA license, at Southeastern Oklahoma State University.

Back to School !? - Dark Jaguar - 30th August 2006

Film in culture?

Back to School !? - Paco - 30th August 2006

Managerial Accounting
Business Statistics
Programming Media
Intro to Public Relations
Intro to Mass Communications

Bachelor's in business finance, minor in mass communication.

Quote:Film in culture?

Watch movies.

Back to School !? - Dark Jaguar - 30th August 2006

A class where you watch movies?

What I mean is, to what end?

Back to School !? - The Former DMiller - 30th August 2006

I took plenty of films classes in college and high school. Perfect class for anyone who likes movies. Anyway, I started classes yesterday, although I'm teaching them instead of taking them. I got a new job teaching computers instead of math so I'm teaching Visual BASIC, Web Design, and Computer Concepts, which is teaching Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.

Back to School !? - Dark Lord Neo - 30th August 2006

Dark Jaguar Wrote:A class where you watch movies?

What I mean is, to what end?
I know the intro film studies course at my school is like an english course, but with movies. You get lectures on all the stuff they'd normally apply to a book, play, etc but it applies to the movie, and you write essays on movies.

Back to School !? - A Black Falcon - 30th August 2006

I graduated from college in May and am going to be entering graduate school next week...

Back to School !? - Fittisize - 30th August 2006

My plan was to play Junior 'A' level hockey this year and try and get noticed enough to earn a hockey scholarship (Minnesota Golden Gophers would have been great). One Junior A club out of province in particular seemed quite interested in me and I felt like I had a guaranteed spot on that team. I even worked all summer to gain weight and get in prime shape to last the long hockey season. I also worked harder in school than perhaps any time in my entire life and earned an academic scholarship. I felt that getting a hockey scholarship in one or two years was a legitimate possibility.

Perhaps I was a bit over-confident because nothing panned out hockey-wise (~unfair), so now I'm still at home working at an auto parts/mechanics shop despite not knowing anything about auto parts or mechanics. Sometimes I wish I would have had a back-up plan but fuck it, I'm still young. I can go to school next year.

Back to School !? - Trogdor - 31st August 2006

Well I go back to my last year in HS, here is all the nice easy classes you guys wish you could take:

AP English
Precaclulus hnrs
SPanish 3-4
Government/Economics
Micro-computer technology 3-4 (computer maintenence/repair)

Back to School !? - Dark Lord Neo - 31st August 2006

Trogdor Wrote:Well I go back to my last year in HS, here is all the nice easy classes you guys wish you could take:

AP English
Precaclulus hnrs
SPanish 3-4
Government/Economics
Micro-computer technology 3-4 (computer maintenence/repair)

I think my classes are easier.

Back to School !? - Dark Jaguar - 31st August 2006

I wish I had classes that might actually benefit me in the real world when I was still in high school.

Back to School !? - Dark Lord Neo - 1st September 2006

Dark Jaguar Wrote:I wish I had classes that might actually benefit me in the real world when I was still in high school.

There's a real world?

Back to School !? - Trogdor - 1st September 2006

Hmmm not so much. Most of my time in public schools has been spent doing absoluely nothing and running around in circles accademically. School is more of a place to learn to get along with everybody else, but I would question the validity of even that, because in the real world cliques are much more complex and harder to criticize and my peer interactions don't mirror anything I believe I will experience past high school. High School is a worthless place, I get so frustrated sitting there in class doing basically nothing day after day when I could be somewhere that is actually valuable to me. HS sucks, can't wait to be out of here.