Tendo City
Nintendo in Germany - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Thread: Nintendo in Germany (/showthread.php?tid=3959)

Nintendo in Germany - lazyfatbum - 16th August 2006

Things unt note:

1.) Ja, Wii will not be playable to ze zeneral publick, but will be zhown and will playable for daz press.

2.) Ze name of ze show (for Nintendo) iz called 'Wii keep our promise". Though it'z unknown at diz point if Nintendo will give out a price unt date, ja, though new titles, more footage unt of course a megaton or two are to be ezxpeckted.

3.) In case you wore wondering, Zony wont be zhowcasing the PS3 to the publick. While Nintendo might be looking out for publick safety unt avoiding thoze 7 hour linez to play demoz, Zony is opting to avoid the whole negative-press-thing that they ran in to at za E3. (they're still being schtookt for the unimpressive footage and of course unt giant enemy crab)

4.) Dis unt the second to ze lazt show Nintendo has before it'z November launch (rumored to be between the 4th and 15th), next is ze Tokyo show in.... Tokyo, which I believe is juzt a few weekz after DAZ DEUTSCHLAND zhow. Zo, Nintendo may not spill all the beans until daz Tokyo, but then again, Nintendo has been promising a big turnz aroundz for how they've been dealing with Europe in the past (unt svinestukker), so it could be das blockbuster zhow. In the end, all we can ezxpeckt is more footage unt the 28 launch titlez unt more announced games, which btw is up to 88 at the moment (to hit within the launch window about 3 months in), which i'm sure das deutschland will get a kick out of.

Leipzig Game Convention in 6 days ladies.

You may only pozt unt you are speaking with unt stupid DAS DEUTSCHLAND accent, ja?

Nintendo in Germany - Weltall - 17th August 2006

Dieses ist wirklich aufregend, aber ich wünsche, daß es für die öffentlichkeit playable sein würde, und die Hölle mit allgemeiner Sicherheit. Ich bedeute, es bumse Deutschland für Grund des Gottes, sie verdiene eine wenig Rückzahlung, nachdem ich alle jene Juden, nach allen getötet habe.

Nintendo in Germany - lazyfatbum - 17th August 2006

Über was sprechen Sie, Willis? Sie sind weg von Ihrem Schalthebel, Ihrem nicht, töteten etc!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Deutsche nicht Juden, wuchsen sie sie, wie Blumen und verkauften sie an arme Kinder!!!!!!! TATSACHE!!!!! Und yeah sollte es playable, aber Nintendos sein, das etwas herauf ihre erhalten wird (Esel) Hülsen.

Nintendo in Germany - lazyfatbum - 20th August 2006

3 days!

Does no one care about Nintendo holding a speech at the German game conference 2 months before launch? Is.... is this thing on? is it? .....*blows* it on? ahem, testing...... testing.... *blows* ...1 ...2 ...3 ...oops, it's my penis.

n/m

Nintendo in Germany - A Black Falcon - 20th August 2006

Yes, but I'm not going to try to speak fake German... :)

Nintendo in Germany - lazyfatbum - 20th August 2006

You dont HAVE to, it was a suggestion. I mean Jesus Nintendo is probably going to have a blow out of info in 3 days (or, perhaps nothing :D) and no one's excited!

Nintendo in Germany - Dark Jaguar - 20th August 2006

Shiggy is going to take over that place and get some purification of the video game market going on, if you know what I mean.

Quote:You dont HAVE to, it was a suggestion. I mean Jesus Nintendo is probably going to have a blow out of info in 3 days (or, perhaps nothing ) and no one's excited!

They're doing a speech, I certainly hope that they say something new... :)

Nintendo in Germany - Great Rumbler - 20th August 2006

When was the last time Nintendo revealed something major at an event that wasn't E3, Spaceworld, or the Tokyo Game Show?

So, I'm not going to get my hopes up too much.

They've never announced anything major at a European event? Because this is the largest convention in Europe this year...

Nintendo in Germany - Great Rumbler - 20th August 2006

I'm not going to EXPECT anything, let me put it that way.

Nintendo in Germany - A Black Falcon - 22nd August 2006

Nintendo's speech is at 4 am EST Wednesday, not long now...

Nintendo in Germany - Great Rumbler - 22nd August 2006

I think I'll just check up on it in the morning...

Nintendo in Germany - A Black Falcon - 23rd August 2006

New Elebits trailer... not sure what the actual gameplay is like, but it's worth watching anyway. Multiplayer!

http://www.konami.jp/gs/game/Elebits/movie/gc.asx

Live conference report

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=66864Live

New Wii game announcement: Mario Strikers Charged, soccer of course...

Battalion Wars 2! ("BWii")

And a pink DS Lite for Europe. Yay. :) Low expectations win the day, but there were two new game announcements at least... nothing really major, but announcements anyway.

Nintendo in Germany - lazyfatbum - 23rd August 2006

BATTALION WARS 2 MOTHER FUCKERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dammit, I still have two missions to get all 100%!!!

Okay first the tech stuff:

Gameplay:

Three Online Multiplayer Modes

* Assault: Instant Combat
* Skirmish: Tactical depth
* Co-op: Work with friends

Three Theatres of War

* Combine land, sea and air combat

Five New Naval Units

* Battleship
* Frigate
* Submarine
* Dreadnought
* Transport

Six Different Races, Five Different Environments; and new vehicles for each side.

The Wii-mote provides "intuitive, all-action gameplay."

Greater tactical depth

* Capture facility buildings to re-spawn units (HQ, Barracks, Factories, Airfield, Docks)
* Use Map Screen Commanding to order from afar

Bigger and Better

* 20+ single player missions AND 15+ mp missions Increased replay value

CUM. Okay, now the story side of things:

"Tricked into believing that the Solar Empire is developing a devastating super-weapon, Commander Pierce and Colonel Windsor of the Anglo Isles launch a pre-emptive strike on the Coral Atolls. The world is once again at war."

Okay, if you played the first game then you know the following:he Tundran Empire is the USSR, the Western Frontier is America, Xylvania is Germany and the Solar Empire is China, then by the end you find Legion who is basically the rise of Nazi Germany.

BW if a full reference to WW1, including having a Kaiser in charge of Xylvania who used a false alliance with Tundra (russia) to take both of them to war mostly over the campaign of land for Germany and control of oil in the middle east (called 'Nerocite' in the game). BW makes no mention of the Japanese involvment (having been at war with china since the early 1900's) so the Solar Empire (China, whom we had an alliance with in WW1) treats the Xylvanians as both the German and Japanese Axis.

Looking at the description of the sequel, saying that the Western Frontier and an unknown source from the 'Anglo Isles' (Britain?) invades the Solar Empire because of the threat of a super weapon, might be making reference to one of our forgotten wars, the Korean Conflict. Not only do we have Russia back in the mix but we have China's largest civil war between the north and south. Basically, it was America, Britian and South Korea against the North Korean mentality, Soviet Russia and the People's Republic of China. All of them were basically bad seeds and South Korea was losing their ass. The entire skermish started because America downed Japan ending the war between China and Japan, making everyone in China go ape shit over power. It was a huge war that found itself everywhere all over the world. It should be noted that the Korean War took place almost instantly after WW2, completely skipping a huge chunk of history. However, during the Korean War Germany was out cold in the middle of a harsh depression rebuilding the country. In the game's story line, this makes sense as the last time we see the Xylvanias they're completely defeated. I also tend to think that WW2 wont be brought up in the BW story lines simply because of the light hearted nature of the games. Imagining a BW world with Hitler-esque leaders killing millions of Jews and non-german non-christians through death camps and torturejust doesn't fit with the atmosphere of the games. But it might show up in a more suitable form for a threequel Also in the BW story line, even though we had sided with the Tundrans, the Tundran leader tells the Western Frontier that he basically is going to dig in and beef up his military and, of course, aid any red country for a piece of the pie.

So i'm pretty sure its the Korean War we're going to see, which would mean that we should be able to play as the Solar Empire as we fight through the evil, horrid, Northern Solar Empire armies. Is there another war with America and China? Vietnam obviously, though that was entirely localized and wasn't an actual war effort on our side; I dont see it making good gameplay. Again, I dont see the vibrant BW world using the Vietnam time line to show Western Frontier soldiers being used by their country and forced to fight an odd, convoluted war. So i'm sticking to Korean War.

The game is PLAYABLE, on the show floor and more insight should be soon, especially on the modes of play and what not. Hopefully we'll get alot more info on the new vehicles and characters as well as the online and 2 player options.

This is exactly what I was waiting for, I just hope it makes launch or near launch!

Nintendo in Germany - lazyfatbum - 23rd August 2006

PIC GET! Nothing amazing, it looks almost exactly like the GC version, though you can tell its cleaner and uses more effects (like that smoke). Seeing the Tundrans in the shot below, while a Solar Empire tank is seen above (being controlled by the player) solidifies my theory that BW2 is the Korean War.

http://media.wii.ign.com/media/849/849911/img_3858861.html

Nintendo in Germany - Dark Jaguar - 23rd August 2006

Miyamoto has been quoted saying he'd like to port a number of games to Wii with the addition of Wii controller support. Interesting, but to be honest I'm not really willing to buy the same old games over again. Also, what part of the Wii's design is preventing Gamecube games from being specially designed to detect if they are on a Wii and activate extra features accordingly? That would have been a nice thing to consider, so that the future Wii enabled GCN games could also be played on the GCN.

There was also news about Zelda TP using swinging the Wii controller instead of hitting a button for sword attacks and stuff, along with some other things, from that Miyamoto interview a few days ago...

Nintendo in Germany - Smoke - 23rd August 2006

Nintendo are so damn secretive. They could of at least told us the Wii's price.

Some time in late October/early November:
Hi, I'd like to buy a Wii!
Clerk: Okay.
So how much do I owe you?
Clerk: I'm sorry, we can't tell you that. It's a secret.

Nintendo in Germany - Dark Jaguar - 23rd August 2006

As much as I love the wii, I must confess a fear as to how my wrists will hold up.

If it's mostly just Kirby Tilt n Tumble style movements it should be fine, but we'll see...

Quote:.

Some time in late October/early November:
Hi, I'd like to buy a Wii!
Clerk: Okay.
So how much do I owe you?
Clerk: I'm sorry, we can't tell you that. It's a secret.

They would if they could... :)

September 14th. Expect details then... or at least hope for them.