Tendo City
Random - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Ramble City (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=44)
+--- Thread: Random (/showthread.php?tid=3953)

Random - lazyfatbum - 11th August 2006

Just testing my new... old keyboard. I spilled something on my mac keyboard, so it's back to the old dell board, which is nice because it remembers me, loves me, feels me. Guess what I spilled on it. I'll give you a hint: It was semen.

Also, you should be seeing this:

http://www.kotaku.com/gaming/sony/ps3-vs-wii-193571.php

Random - A Black Falcon - 11th August 2006

Hmm, I wonder which one the makers of that video prefer... its hard to tell... :)

Decent. I'm not sure if those are the best personifications of the Wii and PS3, but that's not the point of it, so oh well...

Random - etoven - 11th August 2006

That was pritty funny :)

Random - Great Rumbler - 12th August 2006

That was kind of stupid.

Random - lazyfatbum - 12th August 2006

Stupid and funny is exactly how I would describe it. It's from G4.

Just an observasion, I'd break that little blond like a bundle of dried angel hair pasta

Random - me - 12th August 2006

ahh who makes this stuff

Random - Great Rumbler - 13th August 2006

G4.

Random - N-Man - 13th August 2006

"I'm cheap... and fun!"

Girls aren't usually that straightforward with me.

Random - deanna - 21st August 2006

i look more like the one on the left

..hmm...im gonna go eat a salad now

Random - Dark Jaguar - 21st August 2006

Contrary to your own personal take on how salads are supposed to be used, they aren't meant to supliment an existing diet, but to REPLACE certain meals in said diet. Otherwise, they are just additional material for your body to store.

That might be where you are going wrong.

Random - A Black Falcon - 21st August 2006

The problem with dieting is that people aren't able to stay on strict diets for any length of time, so the weight just comes back...

Random - Great Rumbler - 21st August 2006

The only REAL diet is Jimmy Tango's "Fat Busters".

*ride the snake!!*

Random - EdenMaster - 21st August 2006

You should try the diet where you only eat foods that begin with vowels. Today for breakfast I had eggs and Oreos, and for lunch I'm having asparagus...and Oreo's!

*5 points to the one who catches the reference and continues the scene!*

Wait...

DEANNA WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN--STAY NOW.

Random - lazyfatbum - 21st August 2006

That sounds somewhere in the vien of Critic or Simpsons, but lol. :D

Diets dont actually exist, people believe that losing weight is healthy. A diet simply means your food regime, to have a good diet you need to concentrate on foods that give you proper nutrition ie: high fiber, no salts or sodium, small amounts of trans fats, etc. Eating lean red meats once a week and lots (LOTS) of raw organic veggies, fruits and fish is what the human body is made for, everything else is krap.

The only way to actually lose fat while retaining or advancing your metabolism is by doing 20 minutes of low impact cardio everyday. Simply cutting down your food intake or only eating foods low in nutritional values (ie: lettuce) increase your fat cell growth as these methods lower your metabolism making it easier to gain fat as you become less and less active from lack of nutrition and a declining metabolism.

Eating alot of salad gets you one thing: Shit that smells like salad. It's always amazed me how schools decide not to teach these things, or let people get it in their heads that eating less makes you healthier or look better. Foods control how your body works, eat more than your body needs and it stores it for later, eat less than your body needs and your body EATS ITSELF, it does NOT burn fat, it breaks down your muscle tissues and eats your muscle tissues because obviously fat has no nutrition. So then because you give your body less, it starts to shutdown because its regressing in to a state of shock from having less nutrition and it goes in to overdrive trying to store fat to keep you from dying.

The only way to lose fat is by burning it for 20 minutes every day. Period. Before you start doing anything though you should start a schedule of drinking 8 to 12 glasses of water everyday for a few weeks. We're supposed to drink this amount, especially when burning fat as it flushes out the other toxins locked in the fat (ie: McDonalds).

But by all means if you want to eat salads and lose 5 pounds of muscle and think you're losing weight then wonder why you get 10 pounds of fat in 6 months even though you're still sticking to salads be my guest.

Random - A Black Falcon - 22nd August 2006

Quote:The only way to lose fat is by burning it for 20 minutes every day. Period. Before you start doing anything though you should start a schedule of drinking 8 to 12 glasses of water everyday for a few weeks. We're supposed to drink this amount, especially when burning fat as it flushes out the other toxins locked in the fat (ie: McDonalds).

The fact that there are ten billion TV and newspaper ads about how to lose weight inst.antly with no exercise only proves one thing: Americans are lazy and really, REALLY don't want to exercise to lose weight.. so despite probably knowing that those other methods won't work, they try them anyway. :)

Random - lazyfatbum - 22nd August 2006

It's really sad. The only pills that actually help you out when losing weight are the ones that contain vitamins specific for boosting metabolism, but if you eat less food it negates the entire process. If you were eating a ton of fruits and veggies you wouldn't need the pills anyway.

But the saddest thing is that people are taught that fat is ugly. No one thinks a bear is ugly when its ready for winter, no one says omg look at the ugly chubby baby/puppy. We're supposed to have fat on us, if you have no fat - you die. Weight requirements make no sense because muscle weighs alot more than fat, meaning that anyone with 20 pounds of muscle on them is obese by definition, Arnold Swarzenegger is morbidly obese. Hello? If you eat good foods and get your 20 minutes a day of cardio for years and years and still have fat then that is how your genetics have built you and it should be accepted and not shunned.

If you want a good idea of what human beings are supposed to look like, look at any tribe of people in Africa, South America, China, Alaska, etc. Whether its a warm or cold climate you have people with alot of muscle and alot of fat. They may die earlier than civilized regions because of exposure to disease in the wild, but they are healthier through and through. If we could live like that (completely natural foods, tons of exersize) while getting the benefits of civilization we could probably raise the average lifespan to 100 years.

Random - Dark Jaguar - 22nd August 2006

Fat is stored for a reason, it at least has ONE thing, something to burn when your muscles need energy. That's it though. Fat isn't burned to repair bones, keep your retina functioning, maintain brain chemistry, or any of the other thousands of things your body needs to do daily to keep itself running and replace what gets worn out. It does do something, fuel muscles, but that's it. Try not to each so much fat if you don't want artery issues, and try not to each so much sugar if you don't want an inbalance that requires shots. Also, try not to each such an incredibly stupid amount that you need to be cut away from the side of your house. Other than that, your shape is pretty much defined by genes and only altered by surgery.

But my point was really that too many people try ADDING food to their diet without removing anything because they think that, I guess, healthy food has a negative mass. Wish it did, we could hold open wormholes with it, but all it does is add less fat.

Eating less FAT is the healthy thing (to an extent, it's still needed unless you want to faint on the way to your mailbox), not less all around. Besides, for the rest of that more than needed food, it'll end up in the toilet, not your sides.

Eat too little of the other nutrients, congrats, your body will now disolve the less important parts to keep the other parts going. Even getting rid of fat only has so much of an effect, because your body treats that like a starving situation too. It's response in that case, even though it won't break down your muscles and bone mass, will be to hold on to every bit of fat that does make it in your system and tell you you need to eat. You can lose weight this way, if you ONLY cut fat and make sure to eat it again once your body breaks down enough of those reserves, but putting your body in that state of distress isn't the way to go. I'd recommend just cutting down a bit and excercising more than anything.

But even there, there's something to keep in mind. Muscle group targetting may strengthen specific muscles, but it will not burn the fat near the muscles. Your body doesn't work that way. The fat is taken in a specific order and sent through the bloodstream, and it really doesn't care where the signal is coming from. You can't "fat target" with excercise because YOUR BODY DOESN'T WORK LIKE THAT (well unless you've been doing some sort of weird tech to it). Further, all it'll do is break down fatty... fat places. Whatever your body shape is outside of that, it'll still be that. You can slim yourself down but you can't reshape your head into a heart. Life, as in life forms, are not perfect, and nature isn't some magical cure all. It works the way it does and most of the time it gets by. Evolution in a nut shell. Can't expect miracles here.

Sad thing is, the information is THERE, people just don't want to seek it out. Too many people are content to wait for information to come to them instead of realizing you have to put some effort into it.

Random - lazyfatbum - 22nd August 2006

You're wrong on some things but otherwise you got the idea. I just dont understand how people equate starvation to being healthy or looking better. I guess it comes from seeing starved people from pictures; they got no food so they shrunk. But the idea is that your body first eats the muscle tissues, then once it's eaten everything it can, THEN it dips in to fat reserves. But it will absorb water retention in the fat cells first and foremost, maybe its this sudden drop in water weight that people see as 'losing weight'. Though because it's water, something your body desperately needs in large quantities, you gain it all back within days. Unless you stop drinking water altogether which means you'll live for about 2 to 4 days.

As far as the purpose of fat, it has dozens of qualities needed for survival. Specifically, (from wiki)

Vitamins A, D, E, and K are fat-soluble, meaning they can only be digested, absorbed, and transported in conjunction with fats. Fats are sources of essential fatty acids, an important dietary requirement.

Fats play a vital role in maintaining healthy skin and hair, insulating body organs against shock, maintaining body temperature, and promoting healthy cell function. They are also known as lipids. They also serve as energy stores for the body. Fats are broken down in the body to release glycerol and free fatty acids. The glycerol can be converted to glucose by the liver and thus used as a source of energy. The fatty acids are a good source of energy for many tissues, especially heart and skeletal muscle.

Fat also serves as a useful buffer towards a host of diseases. When a particular substance, whether chemical or biotic -- reaches unsafe levels in the bloodstream, the body can effectively dilute -- or at least maintain equilibrium of -- the offending substances by storing it in new fat tissue. This helps to protect vital organs, until such time as the offending substances can be metabolized and/or removed from the body by such means as excretion, urination, accidental or intentional bloodletting, sebum excretion, and hair growth.
[edit]

Adipose tissue

Main article: Adipose tissue

Adipose, or fatty tissue is the human body's means of storing metabolic energy over extended periods of time. Depending on current physiological conditions, adipocytes store fat derived from the diet and liver metabolism or degrades stored fat to supply fatty acids and glycerol to the circulation. These metabolic activities are regulated by several hormones (i.e., insulin, glucagon and epinephrine). The location of the tissue determines its metabolic profile: "Visceral fat" is located within the abdominal wall (i.e., beneath the wall of abdominal muscle) whereas "subcutaneous fat" is located beneath the skin (and includes fat that is located in the abdominal area beneath the skin but above the abdominal muscle wall). It was briefly thought that visceral fat produced a hormone involved in insulin resistance, but this has been disproven by clinical tests (see, resistin, a hormone, ultimately misnamed, which is produced by adipose tissue and does cause insulin resistence in mice but not in humans).

Basically, if you have low fat in your body, you have major problems, including oddly enough everything from bad hair to sleep deprivation. The funny thing is, you can be 200 pounds over weight, but if you get 20 minutes a day of cardio you're healthier (and will live longer) than an average weight person who gets no excercize.

Random - Dark Jaguar - 23rd August 2006

Isn't just lugging around all that weight sufficient excercise? :D

But really, those are some interesting bits of information about fat, your floaty friend.

For those constantly weighing themselves and wondering why they lost so much weight in the first part of the diet but it just stopped dropping, here's a tip. FAT FLOATS FOR A REASON. It isn't very dense, hence, it isn't very heavy. Most of the initial weight loss in a diet is through urination, one of the first steps the body goes through when it realizes you are running low on food. I don't know further details than that though.

Random - lazyfatbum - 23rd August 2006

I think you're talking about the litteral melting of fat when it's burned. During cardio for example fat will burn down to a liqued that can be passed out of the body through whatever means; sweat, poop, pee, whatever. That's why drinking water is so important, if you dont flush it out the liqued collects and just stays there (making the trademark 'flab'). Healthy fat is hard fat, for example the fat that gathers around your ribcage as a buffer. Think of it in terms of looking at a piece of raw meat. You have the good fat which is a marbling through the muscle, and the thick 'white' fat on the edges. When you cook the meat, the fat litteraly becomes a liqued, cook a steak long enough and it becomes a dehydrated brick since its the fat that makes it juicy which will eventually burn up entirely. So when you're doing aerobics you're like a steak in the oven dripping off fat in to your internal pans, then you have to wash it off with lots and lots of water. Of course, just by nature we're supposed to drink shit-tons of water everyday regardless of burning fat or not.

There's alot of studies that say that just by drinking 8 to 12 glasses of water a day you can, among many benefits, actually regulate your body to the point of flushing toxins and with it, used fat that's just been sitting there since it was burned.

Random - Dark Jaguar - 23rd August 2006

Actually the 8 to 12 glasses thing is a bit of a myth. Too much water, just like anything else, just makes you pee more (and can risk diluting things you don't want diluted, like blood). Fact is, so long as you don't overeat, generally you can be healthy pretty easily. Take me for example. According to a lot of the fad diets, I should be dead, but not only am I alive, I'm frickin' healthy. This may be in SPITE of bad health habbits though, I'm not so egotistical as to say my personal experience indicates fact. What I am saying is I've read numerous things which state that water, while very important, can and has been overblown. Our bodies are designed to take in water, and lots of it relative to other substances, but if we couldn't go a day without 8 to 12 "glasses" (a nice specific unit of measurement THAT is, shot glasses, huge freezer ready mugs, klein bottle?), it is unlikely we would have survived to proliferate back in them... old.. den days...

On the other hand, you might actually need that much if you are living in extremely hot conditions and need to replenish a lot of lost fluids.

But don't take my word for it, read a book! Reeeading Rainboooow!

Random - lazyfatbum - 23rd August 2006

The specific amount is 8 ounces per serving, and no there is no such thing as too much water or diluting your blood. We're made mostly out of water, you can think of it in terms of that we're actually only 20 percent raw materials with the rest of it being water that is holding it all together down to the atomic level, regulating the construction of every molecule through out.

Besides that, water is the only way to filter toxins out of your system. Even viruses, disease, poisoins, excess minerals such as salt and parasites such as tapeworms which most people, even in the united states have. I forget the exact numbers, but there's like 1000 parasites in a single bite of red meat, chicken or fish no matter where you buy it and that's actually approved by the USDA.

Then you have all the health risks that no one realizes, everything from tooth decay to your immune system to cancer is caused because lack of water flushing the system.

There's no such thing as too much water, unless you're being forced to drink it until you vomit. There was a case of a dude during desert storm that, as punishment, was forced to drink water all day. I think the numbers were like, he had drank over 100 gallons or something like that. Well, he threw up like crazy and eventually died that same day. When they tried to figure out what killed him they found that he had died from dehydration, he had litteraly expelled so much water from his body in such a short period of time that it went in to a complete shut down. So there's one extreme case of too much water being bad for you, but otherwise dont worry about it. :D