Tendo City
Tendo City PM Pager - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Ramble City (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=44)
+--- Thread: Tendo City PM Pager (/showthread.php?tid=3945)

Tendo City PM Pager - etoven - 7th August 2006

I have created a cool new companion app for Tendo City.

Tendo City PM Pager, this app monitors for new private messages and notifies you. Get rid of those annoying ticking page refresh sounds with the cool new app, it runs in the background and pops up with new messages similar to outlook 2003. All you have to do is make sure your logged into Tendo city threw Internet Explorer and PM pager does the rest! After you log in the first time you never have to open Internet Explorer again, I promise! In addition more panels such as news and events will be made available soon.

Current Version 1.01 BETA R3
Requires Windows 2000 / XP, Internet Explorer, Microsoft Installer (Ships With Windows)

Check it out today.
Download [Here]

By the way Paco, used your image in the installer, thanks.

Tendo City PM Pager - Dark Jaguar - 7th August 2006

Interesting, and an expression of skill if not of utility.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=teMlv3ripSM

There's already the e-mail notification option in the settings so one could just have their email app left open checking for incoming messages.

Ticking page refresh sounds? Are you talking about the sound effect when you go to new links in Internet Explorer? That's a VERY annoying effect which MS should be ashamed of ever introducing as a "feature" but I got rid of it by just going into the sounds profile in control panel and setting that sound to "nothing". It is something I do whenever I set up a new installation of Windows as a matter of course.

All I'm saying is that you deserve all the praise of the person who develops a convoluted system of pulleys, popping balloons, toy cars racing into scissors to snap strings and winding up some toy plane to eventually switch on a light.

At least this was an effort in countering oppressive utilitarianism.

Dark Jaguar Wrote:There's already the e-mail notification option in the settings so one could just have their email app left open checking for incoming messages.
The app has a panels feature with more to come, it will soon surpass the simple act of just leaving your email program open. Plus PM pager gives instant notifications, with an email program you would have to wait for the next send receive. Plus tendo city email currently is not working right now.

Dark Jaguar Wrote:Ticking page refresh sounds? Are you talking about the sound effect when you go to new links in Internet Explorer? That's a VERY annoying effect which MS should be ashamed of ever introducing as a "feature" but I got rid of it by just going into the sounds profile in control panel and setting that sound to "nothing". It is something I do whenever I set up a new installation of Windows as a matter of course.
I personally like the ticking page sound, "just not every ten seconds", so for some just turning off the option may just be an inconvenience.

Plus PM notifications from my app pop up as a way less intrusive notification running as a service using way less bandwidth than the current tendo city PM notifier.

Tendo City PM Pager - Dark Jaguar - 7th August 2006

I suppose... To be honest though no one here uses PMs.

Again, I will soon make other "panels" available for download.

Tendo City PM Pager - Sacred Jellybean - 7th August 2006

Yeah, I was gonna say the same thing as DJ. It doesn't seem very practical for a place like TC. Our messageboard is so unknown that pretty much regular replies are like private messages. And there aren't even enough of those to justify an app like this. ;)

Tendo City PM Pager - A Black Falcon - 8th August 2006

I would say that he just likes making these things, whether or not they are used...