Tendo City
Check the calendar, people - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Ramble City (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=44)
+--- Thread: Check the calendar, people (/showthread.php?tid=393)

Check the calendar, people - OB1 - 5th March 2003

And make sure to follow the rules! Whoever decides not to follow the rules will uh... not get something cool... or something.

Check the calendar, people - Great Rumbler - 5th March 2003

*checks calendar*

Alright, what do I win?

That's a surprise!

But you'll only win something if you follow the rules tomorrow.

Check the calendar, people - Laser Link - 5th March 2003

Monday was 03-03-03. Cool huh? And I learned that November 11, 2001 was the last of the binary days until 1-1-10. Amazing, eh?

yes

Check the calendar, people - Laser Link - 5th March 2003

Well, I think it would have been cool to be born on a binary day. I was born on a hexadecimal day. I guess being born within weeks of the day DK was released in the US is good enough.

Check the calendar, people - Weltall - 5th March 2003

The first Resident Evil took place on my sixteenth birthday!

Check the calendar, people - Great Rumbler - 6th March 2003

Quote:Originally posted by OB1
That's a surprise!

But you'll only win something if you follow the rules tomorrow.

*checks calendar*

Check the calendar, people - OB1 - 6th March 2003

Crap, I forgot that today is subspace day. Remember, we're supposed to include the word "subspace" in all of our posts.

Check the calendar, people - Great Rumbler - 6th March 2003

You better give me my -subspace- prize today -subspace- -subspace-!! I'm about to pop a cap in your -subspace-, you understand, -subspace-?

There how was that? :D

Check the calendar, people - geoboy - 6th March 2003

Every single one of our posts? That'll be quite difficult.

And for something completely unrelated, this here submarine is too cramped. We need more subspace.

Check the calendar, people - EdenMaster - 6th March 2003

Take THAT, subspace!

Check the calendar, people - OB1 - 6th March 2003

That's very subspaceious of you.

Check the calendar, people - WhiteFleck - 6th March 2003

STSU!

(Shut the subspace up!)

Check the calendar, people - OB1 - 7th March 2003

Hey now... be subspace.

I don't know what that means either.

Check the calendar, people - A Black Falcon - 7th March 2003

Subspace is a really cool game... anyone played it?

Check the calendar, people - Dark Jaguar - 7th March 2003

I've played Inner Space, well I think that's what it was called. The size of the game depended exactly on the number of folders and files you had on your computer. The whole thing was an overhead 2D shooter. You went "into" your computer, and you would design a ship and join a side. Then you would choose a folder on one of your disks, and collect "icons". Each file is an icon, and as long as it's not virus infected, it was free to collect as cash money. As you went from folder to folder, a nice relationship system started developing between other CPU controlled players. It was the most online feeling of any offline game :D. Some would ask for help, others would chase you around from place to place. Depending on your actions and your team affiliation, you could make enemies or friends pretty quickly. It was really quite seamless, and I was impressed. I even managed to get a few people on teams that totally hated my team (the teams were things like the pirates, who's general philosophy is to steal, or the enforcers, who were a special team charged with arresting criminals) to be at peace with me and me alone. Some of them changed sides. Early on I tended to really get a lot of allies angry, and I'd find them suddenly part of one of the rebel teams or just out to kill me. Then there's the whole goal, gathering the 4 forces with which to face your inner demon in a non-existant "empty" folder. It was really a fun game. I wish they had actually made an online version of it. The whole team setup really was the best part. Of course, an online version would require some people to modify their "file list" (the files themselves aren't touched, the list would just be based on your files, thus it's hardly a security risk just because they see a list of files on your computer, no worse than actually typing a txt file listing your folders and files) in case they didn't want others to know of specific files and folders. On another note, "the law" of the game requires destruction of any and all icons that have become infected (by the way, all the "icons" will display the icon found for that file, if there is an icon built into it, like EXE or DLL or ICO files).

You didn't use the word "supspace" in that post.

Why would I use the word "supspace"?

Because it's supspace day, the day after subspace day where we have to include the word "supspace" in all of our posts.

DJ, wasn't that called Virus or something?

Subspace is a multiplayer-only PC game... its a topdown 2d space shooter... you have a ship and fly around shooting other people... its old but still is played by some people...

Nope, I checked and it was called Inner Space.

*looks up games* Huh, Inner Space... never heard of that one. I was remembering another similar games called "Virus: The Game"... Descent-style game where you have to delete a virus from your computer files...

http://www.the-underdogs.org/game.php?id=3929
(page about Virus at a abandonware site)

http://www.the-underdogs.org/game.php?name=Inner+Space
(Inner Space page... no game download there for this one -- the developers are still selling it! Wow... its old!)

Check the calendar, people - Sacred Jellybean - 7th March 2003

Metal Gear Solid: Subspace is subspaceriffic.

Hey I think we should put this in the smilies list: [Image: attachment.php?s=&postid=6560]

Check the calendar, people - Sacred Jellybean - 7th March 2003

No doot aboot it.

Ah yes, I need to dig out the disks for that and reinstall it. That's exactly the game right there. Loved it then, I'm sure I'll love it now (especially since they are still supporting it, wow).

The only addition it really needs is online play... Maybe in the future a remake of it could include that.