Tendo City
Jurrasic Park 4: The Suckening - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Ramble City (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=44)
+--- Thread: Jurrasic Park 4: The Suckening (/showthread.php?tid=3879)

Jurrasic Park 4: The Suckening - Dark Jaguar - 6th July 2006

I checked Wikipedia, and there is a legitimate script leak.

Quote:The leaked screenplay was indeed legitimate. Sayles reported that a computer hacker had intercepted Spielberg's email to obtain the script, which was allegedly an early draft. Sayles further stated "It amazes me that people are that obsessed with reading Steven Spielberg’s mail."[5]

Rather than another island of dinosaurs, the screenplay tells a story wherein the dinosaurs have escaped from the islands and are making their presence known on the mainland. This holds true with the end of the original novel, but diverges wildly from there. Initially the plot seems to revolve around John Hammond's attempts to introduce a "Judas strain" into the wild dinosaur population that will help to cull them out. This is quickly dismissed as the main character, Nick Harris, <b>is kidnapped by the supercorporation Grendel Corporation, and made to lead a team of genetically engineered super-dinosaur crime fighters.</b>

A November 2005 AICN interview with Harold Ramis confirmed that some of the script has been rewritten. Ramis quotes Spielberg as saying "I don't like the early script reviews."[6] But in the new script, it is possible that Lex Murphy will lead Jurassic Park IV. Spielberg is reportedly considering displaying the movie in 3D.

WHAT IN THE?! The first movie was great, the second movie was okay, the 3rd sucked. This one is MENTALLY OFFENSIVE. They BETTER be changing it.

Some human: You'll never get away with this!

Raptor (while smoking a pipe): And that's where you are wrong! You see while the various world nations are distracted by the announcement of this island to the public, I will be slowly infiltrating the highest seats of power. Meanwhile, you fine fellows as the only ones with any knowledge of my plans will be, rather indisposed... OF! Ahahahaha! I'm so delitefully clever.

Human: Clever girl...

Jurrasic Park 4: The Suckening - Great Rumbler - 6th July 2006

Someone's been reading Beowulf.

Well at least Grendel Corp isn't being run by "Mom".

Jurrasic Park 4: The Suckening - Weltall - 6th July 2006

Remember that Wikipedia, the online encyclopedia, can be edited by any moron who wants to take the time.

The Silent Hill sections of Wikipedia are very horribly incorrect and full of contradictions.

Then correct it!

At any rate, that's why every bit of information requires sourcing.

http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=21858

And this is the source for that bit of information.

By the way, what's wrong with the Silent Hill section?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silent_Hill

Jurrasic Park 4: The Suckening - Weltall - 6th July 2006

I've tried correcting it several times. Unfortunately, the corrections rarely stick, because some other fool comes along and changes it to suit his taste.

Most of the really grievous misinformation is found in the specifics of the sub-sections, especially the Characters areas. Some are so bad that they are little more than a person's personal interpretation to the point of excluding any real information. The quality control is horribly lax for a series that so few people understand correctly.

Wow, that guy actually refered to himself, the guy WRITING the entry for Henry there... That's bad form. It's like people have little understanding of writing a scientific or technical document. Story has no place, and "I believe" is hardly an accurate source of information. I believe there is an invisible dragon in Henry's nonexistant garage.

At any rate, list the changes you made as well as the evidence backing up what you say here. If it won't stick there, I'd at least be interested in it.

Wikipedia has always been a "work in progress", but that's the case for ALL HUMAN KNOWLEDGE. I'm shocked it works as well as it has though.

By the way, though the warning flag hasn't been put up yet, the "talk" page has one single comment, basically stating the same thing I did "it's all just personal takes by the author without any sourcing".

Jurrasic Park 4: The Suckening - Darunia - 6th July 2006

Please Jesus... no more... please, no more... :(

But they are the SUPER DINOSAUR CRIME FIGHTER league, now on FOX KIDS!

Jurrasic Park 4: The Suckening - etoven - 10th July 2006

Go go mighty morphen dino rangers, power up your septers of wild nengensu moves and corny special effects. You must find zany cayousticion guy and some how manage to save the world in time for no apperent reason.

Jurrasic Park 4: The Suckening - Dark Jaguar - 10th July 2006

Ignoring war crime level disregard for spelling and a few words there I don't even entirely know the meaning of, or what the original intention of their inclusion was in that sentence structure, I still have to ask, is there no apparent reason to save the world?

Jurrasic Park 4: The Suckening - Weltall - 10th July 2006

I was going to inquire as to the true identity of the superhero known as 'cayousticion'.

Jurrasic Park 4: The Suckening - A Black Falcon - 10th July 2006

I haven't seen Jurassic Park... and I'm not sorry. :)

Jurrasic Park 4: The Suckening - Weltall - 10th July 2006

The first one was good.

Jurrasic Park 4: The Suckening - lazyfatbum - 11th July 2006

The first one was rather genius, the second one offered a new direction and felt fresh. The third Jurassic Park was... well, inbetween the extreme base jumping and skydiving and the 12 year old Ninja who collects dinosaur urine it had somehow lost its appeal.

Jurrasic Park 4: The Suckening - Dark Jaguar - 11th July 2006

The second one didn't really feel "fresh" to me. Felt like same stuff, different island. I mean it was the same storyline only with a ripoff of King Kong at the very end. At the same time, it was at least somewhat enjoyable.

First one was great though, and from what I've read of the book, I prefer the elderly genius in the movie to the book, because in the book he's just a straight "I'll ruin this planet for money Planeteers!" type villian, but in the movie he's actually somewhat HUMAN and a nice guy.

All in all, I'll tell you this. If I could clone a dinosaur, I still would. Fiction ain't got nothing on science so I really don't care about the "dire warning" it was intended to give.

Jurrasic Park 4: The Suckening - lazyfatbum - 11th July 2006

haha the message wasn't dont clone dinosaurs, it was dont clone things period, let nature do its thing. We wipe out a species of bird because of new parking lot, a tiger wipes out a species of rodent in the unmapped regions of africa. Because of the destruction of the natural ecology and food chain nature will take over and correct it in whatever logical way is available. If those birds we wiped out took care of the overpopulation of insects, other insect eating animals will grow in numbers because of the larger food source, if another predator that ate those rodents cant find its food source, it either leaves in search of something similar or goes after something else. A few decades later you'll never know there was a problem.

The difference is that there's the factor of guilt for us, that it's our fault for killing off an entire species of something. Even when they mention the wolly mammoth they have to throw in that we're probably the reason it no longer exists.

Anyway, at the end of the film of the first Jurassic Park Dr. Grant watches a flock of pelicans fly over the sea. While it's not explained, the feeling I get that from that shot is that dinosaurs changed and evolved and moved on and we're holding on to the past imagining these animals that no longer exist because they changed with the world. With dinosaurs though, well take a grizzly for example. You can shoot it in the head with a high calibur rifle repeatedly and you wont kill it just because of its massive size and mass, density of muscle and bone, etc. Now imagine a 40 foot grizzly; you would need a mechanized assault team just to take it down in case it realized that it can do whatever it wants, a 40 foot grizzly would probably need to eat alot of meat every day, wiping out entire towns of people in a few hours just to keep its belly full. Now imagine a world with hundreds of millions of 40 foot grizzlies in every part of the world. It would take years of intense military action, an almost constant war effort against the animals to thin the numbers down and if they can breed quickly and/or it's just too costly to kill them all financially we could end up with protected safe-spots for man kind where only certain cities have protection against the 40 foot grizzlies meaning that they essentially have 'won' and claimed the earth.

Unless every human being is armed with tactical nukes and high calibur 40MM cannons a world with dinosaurs would be a dinosaur's world very quickly.

Jurrasic Park 4: The Suckening - etoven - 11th July 2006

OK! I get it! I'm a horrable dreadfull speller who makes baby jesus cry every time I spell catapiller!

*Runs away crying....

Jurrasic Park 4: The Suckening - Weltall - 12th July 2006

Before you go, tell me what 'cayousticion' is!

Jurrasic Park 4: The Suckening - Great Rumbler - 12th July 2006

We DEMAND answers!!

Jurrasic Park 4: The Suckening - etoven - 12th July 2006

Properly spelled I think the word I ment was Ciaos-tishion.

Jurrasic Park 4: The Suckening - Dark Jaguar - 12th July 2006

lazyfatbum Wrote:haha the message wasn't dont clone dinosaurs, it was dont clone things period, let nature do its thing. We wipe out a species of bird because of new parking lot, a tiger wipes out a species of rodent in the unmapped regions of africa. Because of the destruction of the natural ecology and food chain nature will take over and correct it in whatever logical way is available. If those birds we wiped out took care of the overpopulation of insects, other insect eating animals will grow in numbers because of the larger food source, if another predator that ate those rodents cant find its food source, it either leaves in search of something similar or goes after something else. A few decades later you'll never know there was a problem.

The difference is that there's the factor of guilt for us, that it's our fault for killing off an entire species of something. Even when they mention the wolly mammoth they have to throw in that we're probably the reason it no longer exists.

Anyway, at the end of the film of the first Jurassic Park Dr. Grant watches a flock of pelicans fly over the sea. While it's not explained, the feeling I get that from that shot is that dinosaurs changed and evolved and moved on and we're holding on to the past imagining these animals that no longer exist because they changed with the world. With dinosaurs though, well take a grizzly for example. You can shoot it in the head with a high calibur rifle repeatedly and you wont kill it just because of its massive size and mass, density of muscle and bone, etc. Now imagine a 40 foot grizzly; you would need a mechanized assault team just to take it down in case it realized that it can do whatever it wants, a 40 foot grizzly would probably need to eat alot of meat every day, wiping out entire towns of people in a few hours just to keep its belly full. Now imagine a world with hundreds of millions of 40 foot grizzlies in every part of the world. It would take years of intense military action, an almost constant war effort against the animals to thin the numbers down and if they can breed quickly and/or it's just too costly to kill them all financially we could end up with protected safe-spots for man kind where only certain cities have protection against the 40 foot grizzlies meaning that they essentially have 'won' and claimed the earth.

Unless every human being is armed with tactical nukes and high calibur 40MM cannons a world with dinosaurs would be a dinosaur's world very quickly.

All just blind speculation.

I see nothing inherantly wrong with cloning.

etoven Wrote:Properly spelled I think the word I ment was Ciaos-tishion.

Googled that "word" and got NOTHING. I think you made it up.

Jurrasic Park 4: The Suckening - etoven - 12th July 2006

"Ciaos-tision" in reference to jurrasic park 1, a persion who studies ciaos theory.

Do you mean, CHAOS? And "tision" isn't a word!

Look, there are easy ways to get free spell checking if you lack any word processor. Try dictionary.com, for example, they offer suggestions based on what you type in and also give you a definition of what you typed. Even google does some low level spell checking.

Jurrasic Park 4: The Suckening - Great Rumbler - 12th July 2006

[Image: analrapist.jpg]

Jurrasic Park 4: The Suckening - lazyfatbum - 12th July 2006

A side from my speculation on what that shot at the end of JP means to convey, everything else is based on factual info.

Etoven was trying to say chaostician (or chaoctician), which actually isn't a word and isn't a recognized field of study. The term means a person who studies the effect called chaos or butterfly effect who are accurately described as mathematicians (since its the field of study it represents). the gag in JP was that Ian was called a mathematician by Hammond, and Ian corrected him by calling himself a chaostician, using a nonexistent term to showcase the character's willingness to be exuberantly rebellious and unorthodox towards conventional sciences.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chaos_theory

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Butterfly_effect

Apparently this has nothing to do with cloning.

Jurrasic Park 4: The Suckening - Weltall - 12th July 2006

I subscribe to the Butterfly Effect in a way, because there is one event, seemingly insignificant at the time, that completely changed my life in a very profound way. Had it not happened, I would not be at Tendo City right now.

If anyone's curious, I'll thread it out. I like the idea.

Jurrasic Park 4: The Suckening - Private Hudson - 12th July 2006

In the right context, however, it can have everything to do with cloning.

Jurrasic Park 4: The Suckening - Fittisize - 12th July 2006

Dark Jaguar Wrote:Googled that "word" and got NOTHING. I think you made it up.
Dark Jaguar Wrote:However, I will never use google as a verb. Why not just "search"? It's not nearly as retarded, and it isn't selling a company line. Same reason I don't call all video games "Nintendos".
Context.

BOOM. You damn dirty hypocrite. Oh yeah and a retard too.

Yeah ya got me. :D

And Weltall, the butterfly effect is just a note about how some systems can depend highly on the initial state of the system. It's not meant to be a "life philosophy".

Jurrasic Park 4: The Suckening - Weltall - 13th July 2006

Which in no way prohibits me from actualizing the parallels and adapting it to fit my needs, yes?

Jurrasic Park 4: The Suckening - Dark Jaguar - 13th July 2006

Actualizing?

If you are aware of a system who's progress is highly dependant on it's initial state, then there are some things you could consider. One, do I know what the most likely results of any given initial condition would be for this state? Butterfly effect generally applies to situations where, in fact, such knowledge is either practically impossible or physically impossible to aquire. Generally though, if you limit the system to the "short run", they are less dependant on all initial conditions, making them easier to predict, these models are the only ones you can make an educated decision on.

Basically what I'm saying is if you can't have even a reasonable possibility of making an educated guess, there's nothing you can do so don't worry about it. Just worry about things you can make educated decisions on. I guess that's about as much of a philosophical viewpoint you can get out of it.

Since there is no way to know if a butterfly's wing flapping will cause or prevent a hurricane in a thousand years (it's a VERY prolonged effect, not immediate as some people seem to think), there is absolutely no basis for a decision on whether or not to stop it.

Since there's no way to determine if sending that one probe one way off into space will cause a gravitational anomaly that sends a meteor smashing into earth in a google years (well the earth and in fact the galaxy won't be around then but...), or prevent that occurance, there is no real ethical decision to make.

If you can be sure that dinosaurs being cloned WILL in fact destroy humanity, you actually have a predictable situation, one which likely has little to do with anything regarding butterfly effect as it would need to be a situation not so highly dependant on initial conditions so you could actually make a prediction. Sounds like doom and gloom of a more spiritual nature. Fun movie, but yeesh I'm not about to make ethical decisions based on fiction.

Jurrasic Park 4: The Suckening - lazyfatbum - 13th July 2006

holy krap, DJ have you actually watched JP or read the book?

The whole idea behind Ian's character in the context of the 'judgement' for Hammond was that chaos theory explains that even though you create a set pattern with guidelines and rules around the very idea of nature itself it eventually breaks. If you lock up a species of animal and deny them the ability to mate then no matter how hard you try, the only course of action is that the animals will find a way to mate and break free of the island. Then, in the discussion of fractals as indirect plot, that doing the same thing over and over eventually creates change, the dinosaur DNA adapted and allowed them to mate. Then nature itself revealed its chaotic nature and destroyed the man-made fences and park systems completely destroying any set patterns or control.

Jurrasic Park 4: The Suckening - Sacred Jellybean - 8th August 2006

I can't believe a forum full of The Critic fanatics hasn't posted this yet.

Malcom: "You can't lock a raptor in a closet! They're too smart!"
*newspaper shifts underneath door crack*
*key rattles and falls out of the keyhole, onto the newspaper*
*newspaper quickly shifts back, taking the key*
*doorknob turns a few times, raptor bursts out*
Hammond: "You may have us, but you'll never get off the island!"
Raptor: *whips out a Sherlock pipe* I beg to differ, for you see, the other raptors and I have constructed a crude suspension bridge to Venezuela. Once there, I shall lay low and assume oddjobs under the name Mr. Pilkington. But perhaps I've said too much..." *puffs on pipe*

[edit]

On a side note, I read Jurassic Park about a few weeks ago, and it was pretty impressive. Not as good as Sphere, but great nonetheless. 'Glad I picked up the paperback. I'll have to watch the movie some time soon; Jeff Goldblum is a shoe-in for Ian Malcom.