Tendo City
I'm in Tulsa for the weekend - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Ramble City (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=44)
+--- Thread: I'm in Tulsa for the weekend (/showthread.php?tid=3878)

I'm in Tulsa for the weekend - Great Rumbler - 6th July 2006

Yeah, I'm in Tulsa for a couple of days on a family vacation, but luckily I brought along my trusty laptop so I can remain in touch with the intertron.

I'm in Tulsa for the weekend - Dark Jaguar - 6th July 2006

You <b>know</b> what else is in Tulsa?

Woah, bad grammar. Try rephrasing that please.

Your face would that!

I couldn't help it and read the spoiler, YOU RUINED THE SURPRISE FOR ME!

That's why I put it in a spoiler tag!!

Well it didn't work! I'm WEAK WILLED! But NO, you don't care about my special needs!

Oh and it just hit me. You are VACATIONING to a city only a small distance to your north, and it's TULSA? Well, I guess I missed the memo. Where are you and what awesome nerd convention has drawn you here? (Just kidding, the one major convention this place actually had dissolved years ago.)

Quote:Oh and it just hit me. You are VACATIONING to a city only a small distance to your north, and it's TULSA? Well, I guess I missed the memo. Where are you and what awesome nerd convention has drawn you here? (Just kidding, the one major convention this place actually had dissolved years ago.)

It's the annual family vacation. We didn't have enough money to go any farther.

And I'm at a hotel on 73rd street in Tulsa.

The thing about Tulsa is it's range encompasses 2 dimensions on most maps. I think what I'm getting at is, well, 73rd AND? :D

Also, sorry if I don't quite "get it", but if you couldn't go anywhere enjoyable, why not just veg at home for a week, like most families?

Eh, well at any rate if it's an expensive hotel, enjoy your simulated SNES hooked up to your TV (I think they still have those...) and playing on the elevators. Not much to do outside most hotels here, that's for sure.

Quote:Also, sorry if I don't quite "get it", but if you couldn't go anywhere enjoyable, why not just veg at home for a week, like most families?

It's a tradition. Every summer we set aside a few days to go somewhere.

Quote:The thing about Tulsa is it's range encompasses 2 dimensions on most maps. I think what I'm getting at is, well, 73rd AND?

It's on 73rd between 71st Street and Garnett Road.

I'm in Tulsa for the weekend - Weltall - 6th July 2006

HEAR YE, HEAR YE

TENDO CITY GATHERING STAGED IN THE ARMPIT OF AMERICA

FURTHER NEWS AS BULLETINS WARRANT

The named streets and the numbered streets are perpendicular. It can't be "between" them any more than you can be between "left" and "forward". Do you mean "73rd and garnet"?

I'm in Tulsa for the weekend - Great Rumbler - 7th July 2006

71st goes east and west, Garnett goes north/south. 73rd goes from Garnett to 71st in weird curvy way.

I'm in Tulsa for the weekend - Dark Jaguar - 7th July 2006

Weird diagonal road eh?

Sounds like fun. If I show up, you'll recognize me in my historical recreation of black beard's pirate ship dragged through the cement by a contingent of trucks.

[Image: 10004521kr.jpg]

Wow... That is really... incredibly lame. :D

Enjoy the fun of our festering sink hole, now with badly painted whale-like... seperator thing, and it has a slide!

Well actually it's a nice looking scene, marred only by the ugly whale thing. Typical small town excuse for an "amusement".

Are you kidding me?! That is an AUTHENTIC Route 66 tourist attraction!! It's like the World's Largest Ball of String of North-Eastern Oklahoma!!

Like 2nd only to the museum of sodomy right? Pass.

That entrance is not scientifically accurate. It should actually be a large grilllike structure used for sifting krill out of seawater.

Well, maybe that could cause a problem in using it as an entrance.

I bet you hated Sam & Max: Hit the Road too.

"A tar pit under Mount Rushmore with people bungie-jumping from the Presidents' noses? How ridiculous!"

I'm in Tulsa for the weekend - etoven - 9th July 2006

Great Rumbler Wrote:[Image: 10004521kr.jpg]

I would NEVER, EVER go in your corny whale of death!
Ever!

An what the hell is up with the slide into the stream, that's gross.

I'm in Tulsa for the weekend - etoven - 9th July 2006

Great Rumbler Wrote:I bet you hated Sam & Max: Hit the Road too.

"A tar pit under Mount Rushmore with people bungie-jumping from the Presidents' noses? How ridiculous!"

Sam & Max rule!

I'm in Tulsa for the weekend - Great Rumbler - 9th July 2006

Sam & Max was inspired by stuff like this!!

I'm in Tulsa for the weekend - Dark Jaguar - 9th July 2006

Never played Sam & Max

I'm in Tulsa for the weekend - A Black Falcon - 9th July 2006

It is considered by many to be the best of the Lucasarts adventure games... always wanted it, but I've only played the demo. :( (and my favorite is Grim Fandango)

I'm in Tulsa for the weekend - Great Rumbler - 10th July 2006

Quote:Never played Sam & Max

Quote:It is considered by many to be the best of the Lucasarts adventure games... always wanted it, but I've only played the demo. (and my favorite is Grim Fandango)

You both fail at videogames.

I'm in Tulsa for the weekend - etoven - 10th July 2006

Great Rumbler Wrote:You both fail at videogames.

I agree.

I'm in Tulsa for the weekend - A Black Falcon - 10th July 2006

I have Monkey Islands 1, 3, and 4, Grim Fandango, Maniac Mansion, Maniac Mansion: Day of the Tentacle, and used to have Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis, so I think I do pretty well by Lucasarts adventure games... :)

I'm in Tulsa for the weekend - Great Rumbler - 11th July 2006

So that means you don't have The Dig, Sam & Max: Hit the Road, or Full Throttle. Ergo, you fail.

Get them immediately.

I'm in Tulsa for the weekend - Dark Jaguar - 11th July 2006

I've got that one Indiann Jones game where you at one point end up in Italy (I think) and end up smashing up the floor of a museum. I get hopelessly stuck at that part :D, and I should probably go back to it. It did come with this massive diary thing I never bothered to read all the way through. They probably locked up all sorts of hints inside that tome.

Never heard of Full Throttle either. I do have The Dig though. Fun game, even if the story is a bit silly.

Quote:Never heard of Full Throttle either.

[Image: F037.Full.Throttle.jpg]

So a comedy I take it?

Not really, although it certainly has some funny moments.

If it's NOT a comedy, then that entire concept art is unintentionally funny.

Why don't you play it and find out?

If I decide to go to Wal-Mart, right now, will I be able to find the game there? Which is cheaper for me to do? Ask you, or buy a game?

The answers to those questions should lead you to the answer to yours.

So you don't think it's worth playing?

I'm in Tulsa for the weekend - A Black Falcon - 11th July 2006

GR, YOU fail... you forgot LOOM! Awesome game... I don't have it, but wish I did... (and I have played The Dig and the demo of Full Throttle. Both are quite good.)

You also didn't mention Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade (though is that the game you were referring to, DJ? The Indy adventure game that isn't Fate of Atlantis), though I don't mind that omission... it's quite mediocre...

Quote:So that means you don't have The Dig, Sam & Max: Hit the Road, or Full Throttle. Ergo, you fail.

Get them immediately.

I couldn't buy every game I wanted back then, so I only have some, and more recently... it's mostly because I don't like to buy things online... I'm sure I eventually will start doing that, but so far I haven't, and finding used PC games in stores is quite hard and the selection is limited. (though that said, I have gotten some old used PC games this year, all for $5 or less each -- Inca II, Laura Bow II: The Dagger of Amon Ra, Relentless: Little Big Adventure 2, Wizardry VII: Crusaders of the Dark Savant, Shogo: Mobile Armor Division, ShellShock (the older tank shooter, now the newer Vietnam game), Spectre VR, AD&D: Curse of the Azure Bonds (sequel to the all-time classic Pools of Radiance! Complete SSI gold box game? $5? A must-buy...)...)

Quote:If I decide to go to Wal-Mart, right now, will I be able to find the game there? Which is cheaper for me to do? Ask you, or buy a game?

EBay or online stores that sell used PC games, essentially. All you can get on Lucasarts' store these days is Monkey Island 4.

Quote:GR, YOU fail... you forgot LOOM!

I've played it before.

Quote:it's mostly because I don't like to buy things online

Whaaaat?

Great Rumbler Wrote:So you don't think it's worth playing?

That is a straw man, as I did not state that at all, AND a non-sequiter, as it doesn't follow from what I said.

It is irrelevent if I would want to or not, if I can't obtain it. You said "play it and see for yourself". I pointed out that that doesn't seem to be an option for me.

However, despite your question having nothing to do with what was said above, I'll answer it anyway. No, I don't think it is worth playing, YET! You have yet to really say anything about it. All I know is that there's some guy riding a motorcycle on the cover, and it looks ridiculous. You seem to say that wasn't the intention, in which case all I'm left with is the conclusion it is unintended self parody.

All I'm saying is, don't be Bill O'Reilly (an idiot).

I'm in Tulsa for the weekend - A Black Falcon - 11th July 2006

Quote:Whaaaat?

For a while it was because I didn't have a good way of paying for it, but now I've got a debit card so I could... I just haven't yet. I could say "I don't have a lot of money so I can't afford much" but that isn't a good excuse, I buy games in stores... I just prefer to actually be able to see things before I buy them... I don't know, eventually I'm sure I will buy games online, but as I said, so far I haven't.

I prefer getting something at the same moment my money goes away. I know, simultaneoty is an illusion and relativity basically allows for two events to occur in different order to two different observers without causing any contradictions (I knew you would point it out yourselves), but I just prefer having the thing in my hands so that the only thing that would cause the item to suddenly be lost after I no longer have my money is me.

I PREFER buying things that way, but I've bought things online before.

I'm in Tulsa for the weekend - Great Rumbler - 12th July 2006

Quote:It is irrelevent if I would want to or not, if I can't obtain it.

You can get it off Amazon of Ebay. Not that hard really.

Quote:All I know is that there's some guy riding a motorcycle on the cover, and it looks ridiculous.

It's a Lucasarts Point-and-Click adventure game by Tim Schafer. That's your impetus.