Tendo City
Snakes on air planes? - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Ramble City (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=44)
+--- Thread: Snakes on air planes? (/showthread.php?tid=3847)

Snakes on air planes? - Dark Jaguar - 22nd June 2006

Why am I seeing this being shouted EVERYWHERE and people finding it hilarious? Am I missing something? It's even infected TV at this point, and I just have no idea what's going on.

Snakes on air planes? - Sacred Jellybean - 22nd June 2006

I always figured it had something to do with this:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0417148/

But I don't know for certain whether that's where it originated from.

That's quite possibly the stupidest movie title/plot I've ever seen.

What's next? "The Bomb Asplode!"

Snakes on air planes? - Great Rumbler - 22nd June 2006

Snakes on a Plane is going to be the greatest movie EVER. Believe it.

Snakes on air planes? - Weltall - 22nd June 2006

SNAKES ON A MUTHAFUCKIN' PLANE

WHAT AM I MISSING HERE?!

Wait, going to be? It's not out yet?

Quote:WHAT AM I MISSING HERE?!

Cinematic beauty. It's a melding of French New Wave movie-making with the Libertarian view of contemporary American society. The plane is symbolic of life and the snakes represent man's inhumanity towards man. Samuel L. Jackson, the everyman of this movie, seeks to break free from the iron grip of this downward spiral [the plane is crashing because of the snakes], but their fierce venom is a deadly weapon that only strength of will and courage can overcome. It's clever use of camerawork, reminiscent of early Orson Welles works like Citizen Kane and Touch of Evil, help to accentuate the feeling of dread and claustrophobia felt by the passengers of plane. The art style is very much in line with classical flim noir, think M or The Maltese Falcon, and this is reflected in the lighting [particularly in the scene where the wires to the lighting is cut during the rain storm] and in the way the characters dress. Snakes on a Plane represents an brand new era of modern film-making, while staying true to the efforts of its predecessors. It is not merely a movie, it is an experience like no other.

Snakes on air planes? - Fittisize - 22nd June 2006

I'll see this movie simply because it was rumoured that Samuel L. Jackson took the lead role after only hearing the title and deciding that it was cool.

That, and I want to hear him say, "I'm tired of these motherfuckin' snakes on this motherfuckin' plane"

Strength of will and courage will only cause your heart to pump venom faster GR.

Other than that, the rest is also a complete load.

Seriously, is this a comedy or what?

Snakes on air planes? - A Black Falcon - 22nd June 2006

It's going to be a horrible, horrible movie, and that's why it's going to be (and already is) popular, I bet... everyone knows it's going to be awful, I expect, but no one cares. :)

....what?

Snakes on air planes? - A Black Falcon - 22nd June 2006

It's about the concept, DJ...

I have no idea what you are talking about.

The movie sounds like a terrible idea. Why would people suddenly become obessed with it?

Quote:Other than that, the rest is also a complete load.

Nope, it's all true.

Snakes on air planes? - lazyfatbum - 22nd June 2006

There is such a thing as making something really good by being so good at making it bad.

there's a reason why B-Movies have a larger following than mainstream as well.

GR/ While i'll agree that the libertarian view of contemporary American society is mostly central in the scope of the film you're views on the symbolic nature of the snakes is mislead in my opinion. Snakes on a Plane is clearly asking us to threaten our own moral judgement and perspectives in that the snakes represent our own inner-homosexuality that is repressed even by the libertarian views that gave birth to it's acceptance. A sharper view might be to say that Samuel L. Jackson is being attacked by his own penis, his sexual core, and that in order to ultimately resolve the conflict (removing them from the plane) he must symbolically accept them even though he fears them, as they are actually a part of him (his penis).

You mean like... um... MST3K? Because there's plenty of bad movies out there to make fun of already.

Snakes on air planes? - Laser Link - 23rd June 2006

I saw the previews for this, before watching a real movie. I think it was M:I3. My friends and I looked at eachother, with puzzled looks on our faces, and asked, "Is that a real movie? That has to be a joke, right?" This will be one of the worst movies ever. It has to be. What a dumb concept.

Snakes on air planes? - Great Rumbler - 23rd June 2006

:shake:

Snakes on air planes? - Dark Jaguar - 23rd June 2006

MI:3 was terrible too wasn't it? :D

Snakes on air planes? - Great Rumbler - 23rd June 2006

No.

Snakes on air planes? - Dark Lord Neo - 23rd June 2006

Fittisize Wrote:I'll see this movie simply because it was rumoured that Samuel L. Jackson took the lead role after only hearing the title and deciding that it was cool.

That, and I want to hear him say, "I'm tired of these motherfuckin' snakes on this motherfuckin' plane"
Actually, he almost didn't read the script because of the title, he thought it was the stupidest thing ever, then after reading the script he changed his mind.

Snakes on air planes? - Sacred Jellybean - 23rd June 2006

From imdb's trivia:

Quote:Samuel L. Jackson only signed on for this film because of the title. It was later changed to "Pacific Air Flight 121", but Jackson demanded they reverse the change. "We're totally changing that back. That's the only reason I took the job: I read the title."

I don't know how good of a source it is, but that's funny, if true.