Tendo City
Weapons of Mass Destruction - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Ramble City (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=44)
+--- Thread: Weapons of Mass Destruction (/showthread.php?tid=3846)

Weapons of Mass Destruction - TheBiggah - 21st June 2006

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,200499,00.html

From the unclassified portion of the document, it is evident that there was and is a significant amount of Saddam's stockpile of WMD's that still needs to be accounted for. This also verifies the report of terrorist IED's having traces of mustard and sarin nerve agents in 2004.

It's been a great month for Americans!!! The time is now, and the place is Iraq. Much better than the alternatives that idiots like Kerry, Reid, Mertha, Gore, etc. would have brought upon us by cutting and running.

I dislike Bush on immigration. I disliked Bush on the Dubai ports...but on the war on terror, tax cuts (6 million new jobs in the last 3 years), and judge nominations and he has my FULL support.

-TheBiggah-

Weapons of Mass Destruction - Weltall - 21st June 2006

I think a good, heated political debate would really get things going for a few minutes.

Come on, ABF. Don't disappoint. It's been a long time.

Weapons of Mass Destruction - Great Rumbler - 21st June 2006

The past few months or so have left me a bit disillusioned with this adminstration for various reasons [GAF will do that to you], but things have definitely started to turn around lately. There's still some domestic issues that need to be sorted through, but if things begin to improve in Iraq [which hopefully will happen in the coming months], it'll really help things out.

Weapons of Mass Destruction - A Black Falcon - 21st June 2006

The idea that people are still latched on to the concept that Sadaam had massive stores of still-unfound chemical/biological weapons is so absurd that it's not even worth mentioning... he had stuff. In 1990. Then sancitons hit, and they hurt and did a good job of keeping a lot of materials away from him. Then inspections hit, and they too were pretty effective and found a lot of banned materials. By the time of the invasion, Sadaam had very little left... nobody really realized that because he was doing his best to pretend that he had stuff (to be scary or something?) and we had no effective intelligence inside Iraq (the intelligence failures are staggering... believing single defectors with obvious agendas, having no serious intelligence network, etc, etc...) to show what the truth was, so... well, we invaded, and promptly learned that Sadaam had nothing worth mentioning (oooh, two trailers that were probably used for something like fertilizer, and a lot of red liquid some scientists had been telling Saddaam falsely was a chem/bio weapon! Scary!). Only people like Biggah could still believe that Sadaam had any significant amount of chemical or biological weapons... that is, people who know what the truth is before they start looking for the facts... so when the facts don't fit the truth, you just wait until they do or redefine the facts (read: make things up) until them and your agenda match! Presto!

Quote:I dislike Bush on immigration. I disliked Bush on the Dubai ports...but on the war on terror, tax cuts (6 million new jobs in the last 3 years), and judge nominations and he has my FULL support.

True conservatives would be just as horrified as liberals are that the Bush-appointed Supreme Court nominees have revoked 700 years of precident by neutering one of the main parts of the fourth amendment... but Bush people are not conservatives. Real conservatives these days are probably much closer to Libertarians because of how far the Republican party has gone from conservatism... (remember when Republicans were complaining that DEMOCRATS were increasing the budget deficit. Yeah.)

This is part of why the Republican party is weak in the Northeast -- the Southern-style Republican line just isn't as effective here. Of the 12 senators from New England, seven are Democrats and five are Republicans... including the three most liberal Republicans in the Senate and two more (from New Hampshire) who are from the most Libertarian state in the country. I found it really interesting that not one of New England's senators voted in favor of the Republican Party's latest attempt to support a constitutional ban on gay marriage... the only one (Judd Gregg of NH) who had two years ago the last time they tried switched his vote this time after seeing that Massachusetts' legalization of gay marriage had indeed not led to a total breakdown of society. :)

From here I'd have to cross through four whole states (not counting this one) until I found one that voted for Bush in '04...

Quote:Come on, ABF. Don't disappoint. It's been a long time.

Me and Biggah are so completely opposite politically that discussing politics with him is completely pointless... but maybe some other people will have more interesting things to say...

Weapons of Mass Destruction - The Former DMiller - 22nd June 2006

When the Iraq war started I was a little suspicious given that Dubya seemed a little too gungho to go after a country that had a lot fewer connections to terrorism than others and the obvious connection of the elder Bush to Iraq, but I supported the President because I agreed with what he did in Afghanistan. As the months and years went on, though, it became very obvious that we were either duped, or our administration was in complete shambles. Since the Iraq war I have gradually lost confidence in Bush, to the point where I was a vehement supporter of Kerry even though I thought he was a weak candidate at best. Bush has done a horrible job of ensuring the future of this country, and has made more enemies for us than he has defeated.

Weapons of Mass Destruction - A Black Falcon - 22nd June 2006

Quote:As the months and years went on, though, it became very obvious that we were either duped, or our administration was in complete shambles.

Both are true... :)

Quote:When the Iraq war started I was a little suspicious given that Dubya seemed a little too gungho to go after a country that had a lot fewer connections to terrorism than others and the obvious connection of the elder Bush to Iraq,

There are no serious connections in reality between Iraq and Al-Quaida, and Bush supported war through a guise of supporting international organizations that he was actually ignoring. If he had been serious about wanting to find out about Iraq's WMD program -- the primary stated reasom -- he would have continued to support the overall successful effort of the UN inspection teams and continued to hold up the sanctions (I know, they killed Iraqi children (because of how it hurt food supplies and medical care in Iraq), and that's bad, but letting Sadaam get his hands on WMD material would have been worse...). He didn't, which should surprise no one given the amount of scorn he has heaped on international organizations... (contrasting strongly with his father, if you look into it) conservatives have warped them in the public image into broken, failed groups, but that's just plain not true.

Quote:but I supported the President because I agreed with what he did in Afghanistan.

I never supported him in Iraq, but did support the Afghanistan mission. It was clear that they were aiding the people behind 9/11 and weren't going to just give them up and so there were no doubts about that one... the only problem is that Bush has all along put a half-hearted effort into it and there still aren't enough troops, US or foreign, in the nation... it's still not secure. But how could we have put enough resources into Afghanistan when we've spent hundreds of billions on Iraq? Yeah, we can't. Like with many things.