Tendo City
Super Smash Bros. - Brawl Announced for Wii (2007)... with Solid Snake! - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Thread: Super Smash Bros. - Brawl Announced for Wii (2007)... with Solid Snake! (/showthread.php?tid=3750)

Pages: 1 2 3

Super Smash Bros. - Brawl Announced for Wii (2007)... with Solid Snake! - Dark Jaguar - 15th May 2006

Smoke Wrote:My list of dream characters for SSB:

Simon Belmont/Alucard
Sonic/Shadow/Knuckles
Megaman/Megaman X/Zero
Paper Mario
WW Link/Shadow Link
Little Mac
Eggplant Wizard
And Finally:

[Image: Capnn.jpg]

Alucard would be cool too, or Soma, since he's the reincarnation of Dracula in human form with all his darkness stuck in the castle itself. He's a pretty cool character.

Sonic more than the other two by far.

I say original Megaman with perhaps upgrading to X as a "super".

Paper Mario is actually a pretty creative idea there. I like it.

Dark or Shadow Link has always been a total copy of Link with insane moves, and has never had his own moves. In other words, a costume change that makes Link exactly as those shadows appeared in that one challenge in Melee is sufficient. In fact, I'm a little upset they didn't already do that. I'm fine with an "unfair" balance of alternate costumes on characters.

Wind Waker Link could be an alternate costume for Young Link. As far as the Wind Waker specific items, those could be general additions to Link. WW Link wasn't particularly different than other incarnations of him, at least not enough to be his own character, then again the same case could be made for Young Link.

Little Mac is one I'd love, but of course they would need to be creative to really flush out a full list of abilities. I'm thinking basically Mac learned a few things from his battles in Punchout and Super Punchout and can use a number of the more impressive moves of his enemies.

I might also be as brazen as to suggest an opponent from the game. Glass Joe might be the "joke weak" character in this game :D, or maybe Mr. Dream (since Tyson is out of the question), or a surprisingly popular character, King Hippo.

Eggplant Wizard eh? Annoying, though minor fellow from Kid Icarus. Eh, why not? It's either that or Medusa (or "god" or whoever it was in those rooms giving you bonuses and throwing death at you). But, there's the small issue of the Ice Climbers :D. Basically, they really need their "logo" changed. The eggplant really wasn't definitive at all. Sure they collected that in level one's bonus level in the game, but if you keep playing you see the bonus level fruit changes every level and eventually cycles, so why not carrots? Clearly the better logo would either be two crossed hammers or a glacier.

And yes, exactly as I suggested. Terrible show, and I have no idea why, but Captain N would be a great addition to the lineup! The zapper, the "pressing up to jump and showing that the makers never played a video game if they thought up was jump in ANY NES game", and maybe his super is riding that Gameboy around and blasting people in all manner of ways. And his moves could include, JACKET SWIPE, behold the power of a 1980's jacket and TREMBLE!

Super Smash Bros. - Brawl Announced for Wii (2007)... with Solid Snake! - lazyfatbum - 15th May 2006

That's not an 80's jacket, it's a classic high school jacket. In highschool you get letters for completing tasks, usually the jocks wear them. Furthering proof that Captain N is the coolest character ever.

I second the motion that the Polturgust and FLUDD are items, as well as the paintbrush

Super Smash Bros. - Brawl Announced for Wii (2007)... with Solid Snake! - Dark Jaguar - 15th May 2006

Oh yeah, "letter jackets" and similar gear, except I remember they needed to be PAID FOR, which was reason enough for me not to bother.

No comment on my suggesting the Mystical Ninja Goemon?

Super Smash Bros. - Brawl Announced for Wii (2007)... with Solid Snake! - lazyfatbum - 15th May 2006

oops, didn't see it. He'd make an awesome addition, but 1.) I dont know the characters trademark moves to well and 2.) I dont have anything to add to 1.

Super Smash Bros. - Brawl Announced for Wii (2007)... with Solid Snake! - EdenMaster - 15th May 2006

Both compelling points.

Super Smash Bros. - Brawl Announced for Wii (2007)... with Solid Snake! - Dark Jaguar - 16th May 2006

He throws golden coins and wacks things with a pipe (like, for smoking). Also, one of his pipes is extendo-matic, like a hookshot. And, he can make his hair all golden and gets a lot of extra power. Also, he has a giant robot (that sidelines as an actor). Dash dash DASH!

Super Smash Bros. - Brawl Announced for Wii (2007)... with Solid Snake! - lazyfatbum - 16th May 2006

so mario and link in a robot, gotcha.

I remember the pipe now, i never figured that out.

Super Smash Bros. - Brawl Announced for Wii (2007)... with Solid Snake! - Smoke - 16th May 2006

What about classic Mega Man with Mega Man X as an alternate costume? :D

Super Smash Bros. - Brawl Announced for Wii (2007)... with Solid Snake! - EdenMaster - 16th May 2006

Anyone remember from the first Smash Bros. when the Mushroom Kingdom stage had pipes you could use to move all over the arena (including one which sadistically dropped you right into a pit)? That needs to come back.

Super Smash Bros. - Brawl Announced for Wii (2007)... with Solid Snake! - Great Rumbler - 16th May 2006

[Image: nes_rob.gif]

Super Smash Bros. - Brawl Announced for Wii (2007)... with Solid Snake! - Dark Jaguar - 16th May 2006

But ROB is immobile! Oh wait, ROB in his Mario Kart DS kart! It would be contrived and silly, but that's ROB all over so it would be perfect!

Okay, it is all well and good to just THINK of this stuff, but we should actually SUBMIT it. Get LL in here. He knows Japanese. Translate the lot of it (the REASONABLE lot) and submit away. Make it clear that "in the event you can't do ALL of it, at least toss the character in there as a clone of someone". Something is better than nothing! I will accept less! :D Top on the list is all the Nintendo owned stuff and the Konami owned stuff. Then we can say "in our dreams this too" and include the rest.

Super Smash Bros. - Brawl Announced for Wii (2007)... with Solid Snake! - The Former DMiller - 16th May 2006

Maybe ROB wouldn't work as a playable character, but he could certainly be part of a level based around the NES. Occasionally during a battle the screen will start flashing blue, and the players must all blow into the the microphone on the controller (still a possibility) to get it working again.

I dunno, that would actually be pretty annoying. On the other hand, a ROB balancing spinning tops in the background where, if one falls over (random event) a gate in the level suddenly raises or lowers (depending on which one falls) would be pretty neat.

Super Smash Bros. - Brawl Announced for Wii (2007)... with Solid Snake! - EdenMaster - 16th May 2006

Dark Jaguar Wrote:Okay, it is all well and good to just THINK of this stuff, but we should actually SUBMIT it. Get LL in here. He knows Japanese. Translate the lot of it (the REASONABLE lot) and submit away. Make it clear that "in the event you can't do ALL of it, at least toss the character in there as a clone of someone". Something is better than nothing! I will accept less! :D Top on the list is all the Nintendo owned stuff and the Konami owned stuff. Then we can say "in our dreams this too" and include the rest.

Who needs Laser Link? Booyah.

Neat, but of course the best would be if Nintendo themselves made an English version of this site.

As it stands, SPAM!

Super Smash Bros. - Brawl Announced for Wii (2007)... with Solid Snake! - lazyfatbum - 16th May 2006

lmao, miller that should be a mini game in Wario called 'This Cart Blows'.

Well guess what? Babelfish apparently can get a concept THROUGH to our language every now and again, because I THINK I understand what this kid was suggesting at that site!

Quote:Nickname * HiGe

Contribution theme * The reflection concerning the character

Most first the hammer っ it is with マリオシリーズ the thing.
In case by your, that was スーパーマリオ RPG.
Seeing CM, very borrowing to the friend of that time with interest......
Certain, you have forgotten to return it seems the way that way......

Well it sets aside trivial thing, by your very you like that game.
Even among them, game original character
The doll and the Gee no where soul resides.
In juvenile mind, it stayed in him with the reflection very.
Because sale at that time it was the elementary school student, freely there was a time when you play.
Because of that, being also it clears to be quick extremely, but......
It is not never sad meaning in the ending,
Simply just a little lonesome separation waited.

If there is a next work, being to think, that certainly and it can meet to the Gee no, it does, but...
Because it is quick, for time to pass, already it became good age, (laughing
Certainly, if there is no this questionnaire, you did not remember either the thing of the Gee no, probably will be.
While answering to the questionnaire, when perhaps it does and it can meet, that... just just you expecting a little, whether it is it is not, it increases, (laughing

Gee no! Yay! Of the #@!$ RPG! Not never sad him parting, but just saying goodbye for a time, BUT NINTENDO NEVER RETURN TO! SQUEENIX PLEASE OF THE SOUL DOLL GIVE!

And someone suggested... something, from Super Punch Out.

Quote:Nickname * Enoenoboo

Former times, "punch out" there was a video, for business "super punch out".
As for me, liking this, we like, 1 day 300 person (ROUND 100 × 3 lap) extent those where you play were daily routine.
(300 people saying, キャラ of several people substitutes, it substitutes, it just appears, as for degree of hardness after the 2nd appearing it does not change. (; ^_^A)
Here, most キャラ which has the reflection in is the kung fu using, dragon chain which appears "super punch out". Triangular projecting kick the oven is designated suddenly as it is boxing.
Furthermore, it could avoid with only ducking, also timing was severe.
So, when looking at this, the ろ which is infringement? "With before giving out bellow," the っ ちょ it could obtain, - "with 魅 entered.
Later, 1 days it had played also hundred ROUND with the pleasure that it opposes with him.
By all means, please appear this dragon chain.
Perhaps, the minor, but we ask is may.

Super Smash Bros. - Brawl Announced for Wii (2007)... with Solid Snake! - Smoke - 17th May 2006

Oh I just thought of a good one. They should put Cloud in the game. Make the fanboys piss themselves. Maybe Super Smash Bros. should just be renamed The Ultimate Showdown of Ultimate Destiny?

Super Smash Bros. - Brawl Announced for Wii (2007)... with Solid Snake! - EdenMaster - 17th May 2006

<b><i>Gee no!!!!</b></i>

Full list of new characters in Brawl: (Reciting from MEMORY)

Gandalf the gray and Gandalf the White, and Monty Python and the Holy Grail's Black Night, and Benito Mussolini, and the Blue Meany, and Cowboy Curtis, and Jambi the Genie, Robocop, the Terminator, Captain Kirk, and Darth Vader, Lohan, Superman, every single Power Ranger, Bill S. Preston and Theodore Logan, Spock, The Rock, Doc Ock and Hulk Hogan!

Couple of mind-altering new screenshots:

[Image: 19.jpg]
[Image: 15.jpg]

Super Smash Bros. - Brawl Announced for Wii (2007)... with Solid Snake! - Dark Jaguar - 17th May 2006

Cloud and OTHER Squeenix characters. Sephiroth, I GUESS, and Terra Crono Kefka Magus Kain Vivi Squall and the incarnation of all Cid-ness!

Super Smash Bros. - Brawl Announced for Wii (2007)... with Solid Snake! - lazyfatbum - 17th May 2006

haha cid and 12 types of cid, with 24 alternate cid costumes.

Those pictures are beautiful, definitely 360 quality now, before it was almost there but still lacking, now it's on the money. The big question though (for me) is if MP3:C is going to up its current state of graphical quality, beyond neat lighting effects and small touches and in to improving actual poly numbers and details. That and Zelda are going to be the two games that will show people the 'realistic' quality of Wii. While Zelda: TP is obviously on par with kameo especially after it's overhaul of graphics, MP3:C falls short; looking like the GC version but with more enemies on screen, expansive areas, and neat effects such as blooming and particles. But the models themselves need teh uberness to really get people in wow mode.

i heard that the demo had a fight with Ridley, and i cant find it *anywhere*. has anyone seen it?

Super Smash Bros. - Brawl Announced for Wii (2007)... with Solid Snake! - Dark Jaguar - 17th May 2006

I can't find it anywhere either. In fact, I'm finding out MS screwed up because I can't find all the 360 demos on Live, just 3 in fact. I want to try that odd game everyone seemed to like where you kill zombies with hedge clippers (a VERY graphic and disturbing thing to see I'm sure).

I'm still waiting to see if, well, high def is possible on the Rev. I know there's no hardware support, but I still just lack the information on whether that could just be done via software instead.

Ahahaha!

Quote:Nickname * Ksk

As for me it meaning that Professor Kawasima loves, we want participating Professor propriety Kawasima, is.
Degree of completion as キャラ is not, does how it meaning that Professor Kawasima would like to see in the world of スマッシƒ…ブラザーズ.
I when seeing for the first time from, the character of Professor Kawasima liking, am enormous to the brain many angular arms being good, you forged, (laughing)
That my family something Professor Kawasima is lovely saying the brain is forged well.
When Professor Kawasima participates to スマッシƒ…ブラザーズ... the っ て you think well, it is, but brain age attack with カービィ it confronts, it is the combining which probably will be
When you think, unintentionally the smile spills. Honesty, is not the person who does the Nintendo Co. game excessively, distantly already it is, but
ニンテンド - スマッシƒ…ブラザーズ of 64 enjoyed very much.
Therefore the favorite game very we want participating Professor Kawasima, is. Enormously being weak, being regardless to be good, please participate Professor Kawasima! We ask!
If Professor Kawasima is present, I apply 10 these software as the amount which divides into the friend!
10 units you apply also wii! ! Therefore because you ask, please participate Professor Kawasima!

Super Smash Bros. - Brawl Announced for Wii (2007)... with Solid Snake! - lazyfatbum - 17th May 2006

he should be a boss, a giant floating head that fires math at you.

Upconverted definition is totally possible, like 720p games on the xbox. But while you could put high def textures on the Wii disk, the hardware would be too much of a bottle neck for it, it's just too much data. hence why you need uber processors to run it. But upconverted is very doable.

when Nintendo says 'you can use a computer monitor' they're saying that the Wii has an HDMI port (that thing that's removed on the retard pack for PS3), as that is what monitors use. However, it's also what HD TV's use for the best possible signal quality and 1080 support. so things should get very interesting.

Super Smash Bros. - Brawl Announced for Wii (2007)... with Solid Snake! - EdenMaster - 17th May 2006

Quote:When you think, unintentionally the smile spills

Lol

Only the very newest moniters use HDMI (that ultra tiny port that also has audio connector pins in it). Mine doesn't, that's for sure, and even my new video cards are only that first "step up" from VGA cables (the slightly larger connector with the odd flat pin slots on one side).

Super Smash Bros. - Brawl Announced for Wii (2007)... with Solid Snake! - lazyfatbum - 18th May 2006

well i hooked up my HDTV to my PC a while ago and used it as a monitor. So perhaps HDMI inputs/outputs can be used for both.

Super Smash Bros. - Brawl Announced for Wii (2007)... with Solid Snake! - Dark Jaguar - 18th May 2006

Are you sure it was HDMI? What style of port did you use?

Here's HDMI: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HDMI

Here's DVI: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_Visual_Interface

Here's VGA: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VGA_connector

And here's the future with copywrite protection in the cable itself: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unified_Display_Interface

Super Smash Bros. - Brawl Announced for Wii (2007)... with Solid Snake! - Dark Jaguar - 18th May 2006

They should toss in very obscure things, like this!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tuvix

Super Smash Bros. - Brawl Announced for Wii (2007)... with Solid Snake! - A Black Falcon - 18th May 2006

PCs don't have HDMI in/out yet, I'm pretty sure...

Come to think of it, reading that article suggests that HDMI just isn't feasible as a PC solution. Combining video and audio is for TVs where the speakers are right there, embedded in the set. However, that future tech which allows for situations like PCs and is meant to be the ultimate cabling standard for all eternity (read, two years at the going rate) should be interesting.

Problem is, I don't know anyone that's bothered keeping up with these ridiculous outpacings. They need to "slow down". Try only upgrading cabling standards once every ten years or something, instead of every MONTH.

Super Smash Bros. - Brawl Announced for Wii (2007)... with Solid Snake! - A Black Falcon - 18th May 2006

VGA for video and miniplug for audio have lasted for a long time now on PC and I see no reason to replace them, so I'd say that that's only an issue for high-end TVs...

Digital video has some advantages, and newer moniters are in fact replacing VGA with the newer standard. I think it's the second one I listed. I know my video cards require special converters to work on my VGA moniter :D. As for audio, I'm still using the classic (miniplug? Is that what they are called?) audio jacks that have a total of two channels seperated by a little plastic "ring" around the plug. Right now, with my 5.1 setup (which I bought 3 years ago and was cheap THEN) that means 3 cables, and it's nice audio.

By the way, you should look out for cabling scams. There is such a massive amount of audiophile nonsense out there it's hard to fine the genuine stuff. As a general rule, the place you go to first to improve the quality of your sound should be the accoustics, and that's coming from someone who routinely looks for technology based solutions. Anyone offering some "massive audio improvement" with just some new sort of cable (not new standard mind you, I'm talking "Monster cable" type solutions) is probably selling you hot air. If you aren't getting static and the signal is coming through, there's really no problem with the cable.

Super Smash Bros. - Brawl Announced for Wii (2007)... with Solid Snake! - EdenMaster - 18th May 2006

Some more new pics...

[Image: 26.jpg]
[Image: 27.jpg]
[Image: 26.jpg]
[Image: 30.jpg]

Ya know, the bow sword thing is neat, but I hope that Pit is the king of projectile attacks.

Super Smash Bros. - Brawl Announced for Wii (2007)... with Solid Snake! - Dark Jaguar - 19th May 2006

The best fights are those done with a VERY LARGE THING RUSHING BENEATH YOU AT BREAKNECK SPEED. Hence, an F-Zero level is almost required.

Super Smash Bros. - Brawl Announced for Wii (2007)... with Solid Snake! - Sacred Jellybean - 23rd May 2006

Quote:The game will feature online multiplayer.

Finally, I'll get to whoop (pronounced "hwoop") me some Tendo City ass. :D Get ready for a Fox (or Falco or Luigi) rampage, bitches!

And yeah, awesome news about the game's music. Graphics look impressive. I'm glad the controls will stay conventional (you can reportedly play with the GameCube controller), I can't imagine the hassle of doing insane combos by twirling/shaking/twisting my fucking wrists all over the place like I'm having a spaz attack (but so far, Smash Bros. is the only game this applies to).

Super Smash Bros. - Brawl Announced for Wii (2007)... with Solid Snake! - Sacred Jellybean - 23rd May 2006

Bee tee double-yoo, Snake does NOT fit in there at all. He's too much of a realistic character. I'm not talking about the graphics, I'm talking about the general aesthetics. Eh, whatever. It doesn't bother me very much. And my little black charred heart lets out a small burst of pride (strangely enough... it's not as though I'm affiliated with Nintendo in any way other than the customer/fanboy relationship) that Hideo actually ASKED Nintendo to put Snake in the game. :D

Super Smash Bros. - Brawl Announced for Wii (2007)... with Solid Snake! - Dark Jaguar - 23rd May 2006

He fits pretty well all things considering. Which is to say, a LARGE number of those worlds do NOT mesh with each other in a general aesthetic sense. Mario and Link are totally different interpretations of "drawing a humanoid". Ness vs Captain Falcon? Pikachu is half as tall as Samus, which is huge considering!

But as far as managing to mesh the characters together well? It's odd but the scene wasn't jarring to me at all. It seemed to work perfectly. Then again, I didn't even flinch watching Pete talk to realistic pirates in KH2 so :D.

Super Smash Bros. - Brawl Announced for Wii (2007)... with Solid Snake! - Dark Jaguar - 23rd May 2006

Kikkoman! Kikkoman! Show me. Show you. Kikkomaaaaan! Alright!

Super Smash Bros. - Brawl Announced for Wii (2007)... with Solid Snake! - EdenMaster - 23rd May 2006

Sacred Jellybean Wrote:Bee tee double-yoo, Snake does NOT fit in there at all. He's too much of a realistic character. I'm not talking about the graphics, I'm talking about the general aesthetics. Eh, whatever. It doesn't bother me very much. And my little black charred heart lets out a small burst of pride (strangely enough... it's not as though I'm affiliated with Nintendo in any way other than the customer/fanboy relationship) that Hideo actually ASKED Nintendo to put Snake in the game. :D

More like BEGGED it seems :D.

I'm with DJ though, most of those characters don't fit. Look at the realistically proportioned Link, Ganondorf, and Capt. Falcon fighting Pikachu, Ness, and Kirby, not to mention Mr. Game and Watch.

Anyone can fit in a SSB game, you just need to further your suspension of disbelief right along with it :D.

Ness and Mario don't even share the same aesthetic style, and neither one is realistic. What's amazing is that despite all the disparate bits it all seems to work together so seamlessly. That includes what I saw of Snake in that video. Maybe he would fit better in a different LEVEL, but he fit as well as anyone else in that scene.

Besides, it is always funny to see Samus firing at shyguys in Yoshi's levels or Kirby the most adorable thing EVER running around in the Brinstar Depths with Kraid in the background.

So hey, Pikachu running around in the hellish hospital of Silent Hill will be just awesome, or more like, ahahasome.

Super Smash Bros. - Brawl Announced for Wii (2007)... with Solid Snake! - Geno - 23rd May 2006

Fuckin' A, this game has Metaknight. Hell yeah, this is the title I'm most looking forward to for Wii.

Super Smash Bros. - Brawl Announced for Wii (2007)... with Solid Snake! - A Black Falcon - 23rd May 2006

Eh, I don't have any of the Kirby games with Metaknight in them (unless he's in Air Ride somewhere?) and haven't watched the anime... but of the Kirby badguys, Waddle Dee is probably the best one. :)

Super Smash Bros. - Brawl Announced for Wii (2007)... with Solid Snake! - Geno - 23rd May 2006

Metaknight kicked ass in the anime. (Which sucked otherwise.) He also appeared as a villain in Kirby's Adventure (and its GBA remake Nightmare in Dream Land, in which he's also a hidden playable character) and Kirby Super Star. Super Star is easily my favorite Kirby game.

Super Smash Bros. - Brawl Announced for Wii (2007)... with Solid Snake! - A Black Falcon - 23rd May 2006

Well, I only have Kirby's Dream Land, Kirby's Pinball Land, Kirby's Dream Land 2, Kirby's Block Ball, Kirby Tilt 'n' Tumble, Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards, and Kirby Air Ride... :)

Kirby 2 is the best one. Kirby Pinball probably second. Tilt n Tumble and Kirby 1 are also great games; Kirby 64 is good I guess, but very dissapointing. Air Ride is just plain poor. Block Ball was decent, but I never loved it like the other GB Kirby games...

I want the SNES games though. From what I've seen all three are great...

Well ABF, in Super Star (the 8 games in one game), one of the games is a time trial type situation wherein Meta Knight decides to get his revenge on Kirby. He rides in with a crew on a massive airship (hence the airship in the video) and Kirby takes to the scene. I played it with my brother (he played the "helper" character) and we took on the entire crew. Basically Meta Knight's entire plan starts falling apart as you, QUICKLY thanks to the timer, begin destroying all manner of parts of the airship. Finally, after some of his crew have abandoned ship, Meta Knight himself decides to duel you. He tosses you a sword and doesn't start the battle until you grab it (he's an honorable knight after all) and then the battle begins with him cape teleporting about and using ultra fast sword moves. When you finally beat him, he's surprised but decides to take his leave warning Kirby that the ship is about to crash land. After Kirby escapes, Meta Knight seems to have a grudging respect for him. I guess he changes after that and becomes a good guy.

Super Smash Bros. - Brawl Announced for Wii (2007)... with Solid Snake! - Geno - 24th May 2006

Weren't there at least four Kirby games for SNES? There's Kirby's Dream Land 3 (which is also very good, might be my second favorite in the series), Kirby Super Star (the 8-games-in-one Kirby game), Kirby's Dream Course (it's like golf with a twist; very fun), and Kirby's Avalanche (it's kinda like Tetris, except... I don't really like this one; too complicated.)

Kirby's Dream Land 3 is similar to Kirby's Dream Land 2 in that there are different worlds, each with different levels, and then a level for the end boss, and you can use your animal buddies again. (Rick, Coo, and Kine return from the previous game, and new to the game are Pitch, Nago, and Chu-chu.) In addition to more animal buddies, Kirby also no has a sidekick named Gooey, who can do pretty much all the same things Kirby can do. (Fly, eat and spit, copy abilities.) It's sort of like a Sonic and Tails alliance in that Gooey can be CPU-controlled or he can be controlled by Player 2. (This is also similar to the partner system in Kirby Super Star.) In KDL2, you collected Rainbow Drops so you could fight Dark Matter after you defeated King Dedede. In KDL3, you have to collect a Heart Star from each level in order to free the bosses from the Dark Matter spell and then fight Dark Matter himself. (KDL3 Dark Matter is much easier to defeat than KDL2 Dark Matter. That was one hard muthafucka.)

But anyway, yeah, it's cool that Meta Knight is going to be a playable character in this game.