Tendo City
Super Smash Bros. - Brawl Announced for Wii (2007)... with Solid Snake! - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Thread: Super Smash Bros. - Brawl Announced for Wii (2007)... with Solid Snake! (/showthread.php?tid=3750)

Pages: 1 2 3

Super Smash Bros. - Brawl Announced for Wii (2007)... with Solid Snake! - A Black Falcon - 10th May 2006

That's unexpected... Super Smash Brothers: Brawl announced. Many pics. With some interesting new characters...

Before the good news though, first the bad: 2007. It's not a launch title. Anyway, here we go...

http://revolution.ign.com/articles/707/707504p1.html

Quote:Smash Bros. Brawl
Playable Characters unveiled!
by IGN Staff
The Omen

May 10, 2006 - Nintendo just pulled a fast one on us. At an after-hours press briefing a mere minute ago, the company pulled another ace out of its sleeve: Smash Bros. Brawl -- the next installment in Nintendo's popular Super Smash Bros. series.

Details are just now rolling in, but we have confirmed the following playable characters:

# Pit (Kid Icarus)
# Solid Snake (Metal Gear Solid)
# Zero Suit Samus (the blue "no-suit" Samus from Metroid: Zero Mission)
# Meta-Knight (Kirby)
# Wario (Wario)

The game also features a range of new nasty toys, such as the ability to unleash a puppy from Nintendogs that will run up to the screen, put its paws up and obscure the view of the action. Mario, Kirby, Pikachu and Link have been confirmed as returning characters.

More as it breaks.

Or instead, just read this great Joystiq article, with many screenshots...

http://www.joystiq.com/2006/05/10/super-smash-bros-brawl-revealed-for-wii-featuring-solid-snake/

Quote:Live: Super Smash Bros. Brawl revealed for Wii, featuring Solid Snake!

Posted May 10th 2006 10:16PM by James Ransom-Wiley

[Image: DSC_3381.jpg]

Speaking at a special Nintendo developer event, Miyamoto has just unveiled Super Smash Bros. Brawl for Wii. Newcomers include: Pit (Kid Icarus), Zero Suit Samus, Wario, and ... Snake!

[Image: DSC_3387.jpg]

During E3 Last year, Miyamoto approached Masahiro Sakurai, the series creator and now independent developer, insisting that he make a new Smash Bros. To make it happen, Nintendo put together a team to assist Sakurai. The result is Super Smash Bros. Brawl, one of the first Wii titles to avoid motion-controlled attacks.

Super Smash Bros. Brawl will be fully compatible with the GameCube controller. Sakurai's reasoning is simple. He doesn't want to alienate gamers that prefer the traditional gamepad.

[Image: DSC_3379.jpg]

The game will feature online multiplayer. Singel-player mode will see some changes, but Sakurai has declined to elaborate. Miyamoto did say (via translator) that we can expect "a very robust" single-player mode.

Super Smash Bros. Brawl will not be a launch title. Sakurai has confirmed a 2007 release.

[Image: DSC_3378.jpg]

Wario will have a special fart attack.

[Image: DSC_3389.jpg]

Kojima had begged Sakurai to inlcude snake in the GameCube version of Smash Bros., but since it the middle of the development cycle, it was too late to add the character. When Brawl became a realirt, Sakurai contacted Kojima and the decision was made to include Snake. Solid Snake will use explosives ... and a cardboard box.

Snake is the only thrid party character confirmed for Brawl.

[Image: DSC_3367.jpg]

[Image: DSC_3368.jpg]

[Image: DSC_3382.jpg]

[Image: DSC_3386.jpg]

[Image: DSC_3385.jpg]

[Image: DSC_3365.jpg]

[Image: DSC_3370.jpg]

[Image: DSC_3375.jpg]

[Image: DSC_3377.jpg]

[Image: DSC_3374.jpg]

[Image: DSC_3369.jpg]

[Image: DSC_3388.jpg]

[Image: DSC_3373.jpg]

[Image: DSC_3372.jpg]

[Image: DSC_3383.jpg]

[Image: DSC_3357.jpg]

[Image: DSC_3380.jpg]

[Image: DSC_3376.jpg]

[Image: DSC_3390.jpg]

[Image: DSC_3361.jpg]

[Image: DSC_3371.jpg]

[Image: DSC_3360.jpg]

[Image: DSC_3366.jpg]

Super Smash Bros. - Brawl Announced for Wii (2007)... with Solid Snake! - Great Rumbler - 10th May 2006

What what what?!

Super Smash Bros. - Brawl Announced for Wii (2007)... with Solid Snake! - A Black Falcon - 10th May 2006

Added many pics!

Super Smash Bros. - Brawl Announced for Wii (2007)... with Solid Snake! - Great Rumbler - 10th May 2006

http://www.joystiq.com/2006/05/10/super-smash-bros-brawl-revealed-for-wii-featuring-solid-snake/

HOLY FLYING BANANA MONKEYS I CAN'T MAKE BACON WITH THIS POTATO GOING FASTER THAN TIME TRAVEL COCONUT BOXERS!!!!

I already posted the whole Joystiq thread, GR... :)

Solid Snake in SSB... crazy...

hweiwero;iuweriwaje;irjad;klfhsakjdfhaskjdfhsakdfhskjdhwiehr

http://media.revolution.ign.com/media/748/748545/imgs_1.html

SSB GC Link:

[Image: 928518_20060510_screen016.jpg]

SSB Wii Link:

[Image: 928518_20060510_screen017.jpg]

You will say "Wow".

Super Smash Bros. - Brawl Announced for Wii (2007)... with Solid Snake! - Dark Jaguar - 10th May 2006

Hungry GR? :D

I'll say this, wowsers. And, from the looks of it, each character seems to have an actual storyline going down.

I hope EVERY SINGLE CHARACTER from Melee is in the new game.

Well, there's only one other character I really NEED to be in it. Nintendo's one and only tournament fighter, Mac!

But, hey, go further. Toss more Konami characters in there! Zone of the Enders, and maybe Pyramid Head :D.

Triangle Man hates Person Man!

Super Smash Bros. - Brawl Announced for Wii (2007)... with Solid Snake! - Rocky Raccoon - 10th May 2006

woah! woah woah woah woah!

http://media.revolution.ign.com/media/748/748545/vids_1.html
http://www.gamespot.com/e3/e3story.html?sid=6150506&pid=928518&autoplay=6150560

Super Smash Bros. - Brawl Announced for Wii (2007)... with Solid Snake! - Dark Jaguar - 10th May 2006

CAPTAIN PICARD!

Wednesdayton!!

Iwata een bom zal droppen!!

HOLY THAT IS MADE OF NINTENDO MAGIC!

Nintendo wins E3, and that's coming from the not a fanboy! (But seriously, there are only a few non-Nintendo games that really interested me at all, meanwhile almost EVERY Nintendo game grabbed me and refused to let go.)

Did you hear that music, that MUSIC? Nobue Uematsu WROTE THAT! FLABAGASTA! That was EPIC!

And the characters now have SUPERS! SUUUUPEEEERS! As in, ridiculously overpowered moves you can use only rarely in a fighting game. Mario apparently did a kamehameWAHA attack. Link SUMMONS THE ENTIRE TRIFORCE to bind the enemy so he can have his way with them. Samus accidently put the energy core from a Gundum in her arm and fired it and broke her suit and stole a Jedi's light saber. Also, if you have any problems, there's her arse. ??? And Kirby, he is EVIL! He COOKS YOU! And did you see the expression on Mario's face as Kirby did it? NOOOOO! HORRIBLE AGONY! Mario just holds his hands out in a "WHYYYYYYY?!" way!

And since they have added the few characters I thought needed to be added to the roster, save one, I can only say "PLEASE ADD LITTLE MAC!".

Super Smash Bros. - Brawl Announced for Wii (2007)... with Solid Snake! - EdenMaster - 10th May 2006

Holy crap! I don't know which announcement makes me happier:

Quote:Super Smash Bros. Brawl will be fully compatible with the GameCube controller.

Quote:Snake is the only third party character confirmed for Brawl.

Quote:Wario will have a special fart attack.

Oh man...This is awesome! I can't wait for more info. PLEASE tell me Ganondorf is back!

Super Smash Bros. - Brawl Announced for Wii (2007)... with Solid Snake! - lazyfatbum - 10th May 2006

*strips naked* SOLID SNAKE IS IN A BOX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *runs in circles, masturbates* SAMUS ARAN HAS BUTT CHEEKS AND THEY ARE VERY WEALTHY AND PURE, I WOULD WRITE A POEM TO THEM

PIT!!!!!!!!!!!

oh.... oh you know what's coming.... :D

ME

Super Smash Bros. - Brawl Announced for Wii (2007)... with Solid Snake! - EdenMaster - 10th May 2006

You just <i>KNOW</i> that every time you knock Snake off the stage it'll be accompanied by Colonel Campbell or Otacon yelling "SNAAAAAAAAKE!"

Oh wow...it looks fantastic and that <i>music</i>. Was that really Uematsu? I can believe it, but it's an odd thing for him to compse. Dare we fathom that ALL the games original music will be done by him, Black Mages style??

Best of all, it looks like there's a new item, shaped like that ubiquitous SSB logo which unleashes an ultimate attack. Mario's appears to be a fireball frenzy, Link's to be some sort of Hylian Omnislash, and Kirby's to be...well, Mario Soup.

DSFGNIREHNREWIESAHTEQ IEWC$VCNWI%EHT#C IRABFT#QC(Y$BAHREWCTTVCBH(%#WQTVC%WQV

I can't wait! and it's not even June yet!!!

*sobs*

[Image: 928518_20060510_screen013.jpg]

You know you want this, right now...

Mario FTW.

Super Smash Bros. - Brawl Announced for Wii (2007)... with Solid Snake! - Smoke - 11th May 2006

Holy shit.

Super Smash Bros. - Brawl Announced for Wii (2007)... with Solid Snake! - The Former DMiller - 11th May 2006

Leave it to Nintendo to keep one of their most anticipated games a secret until after the pre-E3 conference. I'm okay with it not launching with Wii since there are so many good launch games already, but damnit do I want this game. I love Snake's "reconnaissance" work in the video Nintendo showed. He would seem like a strange pick for SSB, but who the hell cares?

Super Smash Bros. - Brawl Announced for Wii (2007)... with Solid Snake! - EdenMaster - 11th May 2006

I still doubt we'll see the one fighter I want to see in SSB most: Geno! I think he would be an absolute perfect fit in the game.

Looks like it may never be though. From what I understand, even though SMRPG was a collaboration between Nintendo and Square, it looks like Square retained the trademark on Geno. Thus, Nintendo CAN'T use him without permission from Squeenix, and they doesn't loan out their intellectual property very often. Then again, Geno DID make an apperance in M&L: SS to give instructions for a minigame...and hell, who'd have ever thought Snake would enter the SSB arena?

Still though...I think old Geno's going to be a no-show...

Super Smash Bros. - Brawl Announced for Wii (2007)... with Solid Snake! - EdenMaster - 11th May 2006

Wondering who else will be smashing around on the Wii? So is Nintendo.

Source: IGN
Quote:<b>E3 2006: Fans Asked to Fill Smash Bros. Roster.</b>
<i>Nintendo of Japan launches online survey.</i>

May 10, 2006 - Right along with the recently unveiled Smash Bros. Brawl trailer, a consumer survey of sorts went up on Nintendo of Japan's website. The poll is designed to give gamers a chance to help build the next chapter in one of the most anticipated franchises in Nintendo's arsenal. After clicking the bottom link on the opening page, a submission form is brought up, allowing fans to write in desired characters or music themes.

We can only imagine what kind of buzz this will cause for the gaming community overseas, as Nintendo has literally opened its mail box for suggestions. While it is only available to Japanese fans, we'll continue to hold our breath for Nintendo of America to release a similar poll here.

You can see the Japanese site by clicking right here.

Keep checking back at IGN Wii as more develops. We'll be sure to link you to the American version if and when Nintendo makes it available.

Super Smash Bros. - Brawl Announced for Wii (2007)... with Solid Snake! - lazyfatbum - 11th May 2006

WW Link and Gannondorf (costume changes for Link and Gannondorf)

super attack, WW Link: Goddesses of hyrule blow a superhurricane force wind, control Link to conduct the wind in different directions

Super attack, WW gannondorf: control the giant puppet of GANON and go on a rampage

Differences: faster, Link gains a longer spin attack and execute attacks much quicker. gannondorf is two handed katanas, losses goblin punch, gains iron cross charge and is also much faster than normal gannondorf. in both cases: characters are lighter and take more damage.

Arena: Hyrule castle - full of enemies, it starts black and white with time frozen, occasionally time unfreezes and enemies can attack you and other players as the battle commences between Hyrule knights and ganondorf's minions. destroy the statue of Link in the main hallway to cause the arena to flood taking you to the roof. Roof slowly takes damage and breaks, putting you backinside the castle where you have gone back in time slightly to before the unfreezing of time and the statue is back. while on the roof, there is water above you and to the sides, so you cant be KO'd here, you bounce back in to the arena, so when you get here you can take massive damage, or give it. While on the roof, the boat is there firing its cannon and using its grapple to steal powerups.

Music: fully orchestrated hyrule castle theme with a break beat, sampled and arranged to be faster. While on roof, choral arrangement of 'triforce theme'.

WW Items for everyone: Deku leaf, works like umbrella but allows for a wind attack that pushes opponents.

Super Smash Bros. - Brawl Announced for Wii (2007)... with Solid Snake! - Dark Jaguar - 11th May 2006

DK, the King of Swing

Super: rides Rambi the Rhino and just tears up the joint dashing in and out.

Ness's Super: PSI. ROCKIN'. OMEGA.

Little Mac's Super: He learned a trick from that Indian teleporter, and just vanishes all over the screen appearing before a character to punch them into next tuesday.

Quick! Somebody get LL in here! He knows Japanese, we could use and abuse the system Nintendo has provided!

Super Smash Bros. - Brawl Announced for Wii (2007)... with Solid Snake! - Dark Jaguar - 11th May 2006

EdenMaster Wrote:I still doubt we'll see the one fighter I want to see in SSB most: Geno! I think he would be an absolute perfect fit in the game.

Looks like it may never be though. From what I understand, even though SMRPG was a collaboration between Nintendo and Square, it looks like Square retained the trademark on Geno. Thus, Nintendo CAN'T use him without permission from Squeenix, and they doesn't loan out their intellectual property very often. Then again, Geno DID make an apperance in M&L: SS to give instructions for a minigame...and hell, who'd have ever thought Snake would enter the SSB arena?

Still though...I think old Geno's going to be a no-show...

I'm sorry to say this, but Geno just isn't that popular.

Anyway, you just disproved your own claim by mentioning that Geno appears in M&L, because Squeenix had nothing to do with that game.

True, but the credits at the end of M&L say, and I'm paraphrasing here: "Geno is a registered trademark of Square-Enix, used with permission".

Seriously? Haven't beaten it yet, but if that's the case, Squeenix really REALLY need to make a new Mario RPG! And here I thought that Nintendo had the same deal with Square that they did with Rare (that is, all character created for Donkey Kong and Star Fox are legally owned by Nintendo).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geno

Well, what do ya know. Seems to be the case after all. Shame that. I was hoping Nintendo owned EVERYTHING in that game except the Final Fantasy music used for the Culex part of the game.

Well then, the only choice is to get Square Enix involved in Smash Bros Brawl.

Maybe that silly rumor of Cloud in the game could actually come true :D. And oh, OH! SORA! Sora would be PERFECT! They just need to break the Mickey head off the keychain on his keyblade to keep Disney from getting mad, and they HAVE done that little artistic change before to make a bunch of posters of Sora.

Oh, and by the way. You would THINK they would have someone shouting "SNAAAAKE!", but keep in mind the other character already in the SSB series that also has partners shout his name. Sadly, in SSBM when Fox McCloud is sent flying, no one from his team is heard to shout "FOOOOOOOOOX" at all.

Super Smash Bros. - Brawl Announced for Wii (2007)... with Solid Snake! - UltraMarioMan - 11th May 2006

If Nintendo could some how some way get Cloud in this the Link vs Cloud fanboy dream from the PSX/N64 days could happen!! PLEASE LET IT HAPPEN!!! I mean the chances of Snake being in SSB3 had to be about the same!

Super Smash Bros. - Brawl Announced for Wii (2007)... with Solid Snake! - lazyfatbum - 11th May 2006

hahaha i never heard of a Cloud Vs Link debate, i was always in the sepherioth vs. magus debates :D

square characters would be fantastic, Cloud i could definitely see but for pure fanboy orgasm fun it would have to be Crono complete with lightning attacks and techs. plus if you have someone on your team, he could even do double or triple techs! :D but of course... if you have crono, you have to have the rest of them, it just wouldn't be right without them

but in light of the recent news of DKR for DS and Rare fully developing the game (which apparently aint just a port), i will say the obvious: Banjo~Kazooie. They would be perfect for smash bros. And if Rare is feeling really giving and Nintendo is totally on crack, Conker. Complete with bleeped out cursing, bullet-time and frying pan.

can you imagine Conker fighting Samus? or if they put in Conker related items in, like wads of cash?

Cash: Hey, i'm fucking money!

*everyone runs to grab it*

Cash: ...well I dont DO anything... twats.

I'll bet anything that Sonic and Megaman will make it in, Megaman would be a hard character to make because he has thousands of abilities. they'd have to narrow it down to the best ones.

i saw something while watching the trailer for the 17th time, (I want Dark Samus) Zero Suit Samus has the 'mark' of the metroid fusion on her back, from when she was infected with the X parasite and geneticallly fused with metroid DNA to kill it (Dark Samus please). Well anyway, parts of the suit could not be removed from her because the (Yes to Dark Samus) X had bonded it, making her look really weird (fusion suit, Dark samus is a phazon suit, see through, made of phazon), but once she recombined with the SA-X her suit was back to normal (giant shoulders). but she still had metroid DNA in her viens, causing that '3 cell' diagram on her back which is actually part of her skin now 9Yunno who doesn't have skin? Dark Samus). because she's immune to it, she can also absorb X parasites.

Just thought that was interesting. (include Dark Samus) i mean other than her new laser whip and fantastic jumping abilities, suitless Samus is a little on the weak side of things. But the fusion might give clues in to some of her abilities and her moves/super move. i have a feeling that her transformation might be handled in the same way that Zelda's was, or she could actually be a seperate character (FOR THE LOVE OF GOD INCLUDE DARK SAMUS!!!!) Or, as the trailer suggests, she loses her suit after doing a super.

Super Smash Bros. - Brawl Announced for Wii (2007)... with Solid Snake! - Dark Jaguar - 12th May 2006

And Terra!

Kefka! The LIGHT OF JUDGEMENT!

Chrono would ROCK!

Dark Samus might be an extra costume, but not sure if it would be an extra character.

Megaman would be PERFECT. Play the various Capcom fighting games with him in there and you would see he works fine, and his moves would work even better in Smash. Slide (which would be an attack this time), and the mega buster, and he can summon Rush, and a smattering of attacks like what Kirby has.

And it was pretty clearly a sword, not a whip.

You want a whip? Konami is involved so we all know of one character, ONE character that has previously starred in a cartoon with a lot of Nintendo mascots.

SIMON BELMONT, OR SOMEONE FROM THE BELMONT CLAN! THERE is you whip action!

HOLY CARP ON A STICK! DO YOU REALIZE THAT KONAMI IS REQUIRED, BY LAW, TO PUT A BELMONT INTO SSBB?!

And now for stuff that honestly has NO chance of being in the game. TRON, and NEO! TRON VS NEO! He's not any kind of program Sark, he's a User!

Super Smash Bros. - Brawl Announced for Wii (2007)... with Solid Snake! - EdenMaster - 12th May 2006

Tom Nook! I've mentioned him before but c'mon! Can't you picture it? Pulling giant pieces of furniture from his apron and chucking them at enemies?

I wonder if Mr. Game and Watch will be back...personally, I hope everyones back. I want an even bigger roster than Melee! YOU HEAR ME SAKURAI?? 50 CHARACTER MINIMUM!!

Super Smash Bros. - Brawl Announced for Wii (2007)... with Solid Snake! - lazyfatbum - 12th May 2006

hahahaha

dark samus cant be just a costume change, her abilities are totally different such as phazon-fueled attacks like that lightning storm and the bombdive, 1000 needles, invisibility, etc. if she's playable, you could charge up annd fire a phazon beam that sticks to whatever it touches and leaves a sticky mess that kills you.

Watch the trailer again, the laser 'bends' like a whip, but Simon would be very, very welcomed

Super Smash Bros. - Brawl Announced for Wii (2007)... with Solid Snake! - Dark Jaguar - 12th May 2006

lazyfatbum Wrote:hahahaha

dark samus cant be just a costume change, her abilities are totally different such as phazon-fueled attacks like that lightning storm and the bombdive, 1000 needles, invisibility, etc. if she's playable, you could charge up annd fire a phazon beam that sticks to whatever it touches and leaves a sticky mess that kills you.

Watch the trailer again, the laser 'bends' like a whip, but Simon would be very, very welcomed

She could in the same way Blood Falcon was a costume change, laziness! :D

The laser does do a "bendy" thing but it seems mostly to be a sword. I chock it up to it being Japanese, and they do that with their light sabers.

Oh, oh! One little cosmetic issue. I think the "entering the battle" animations for all the characters should be done original SSB style. In the original, Fox flew in on his Arwing, Pikachu came out of a Pokeball, Mario came out of a Warp Pipe, Ness used his teleport psi power, etc... But in Melee, they just sorta beamed in. I prefered the original style :D.

Okay, we have Pit, a at least FEASIBLE possibility of Belmont being in the game, a PIPE DREAM of Megaman in there as well...

Dare we ask for Captain N and a strange self aware Gameboy?

Super Smash Bros. - Brawl Announced for Wii (2007)... with Solid Snake! - lazyfatbum - 12th May 2006

Bubsy the Cat!

Super Smash Bros. - Brawl Announced for Wii (2007)... with Solid Snake! - A Black Falcon - 12th May 2006

Bubsy 3D destroyed that franchise for all time... :)

Super Smash Bros. - Brawl Announced for Wii (2007)... with Solid Snake! - EdenMaster - 12th May 2006

Word is that the gloomy castle area we've seen in the trailer is actually Daein Keep, from FE: Path of Radiance. My memory of the game is a bit foggy, but apparently the symbol on the back wall of the interior shot is the crest of Daein, and the flags hanging in the area do have dragons on them. If true, this would not only point to the return of Marth and Roy, but also the possibility of inlcuding some FE characters we actually KNOW. Ephraim and Eirika from SS come to mind as two good possibilities. Lyndis and Eliwood or Hector would also be nice.

Who knows...

Super Smash Bros. - Brawl Announced for Wii (2007)... with Solid Snake! - A Black Falcon - 12th May 2006

We met Roy! For about two minuites in the end of FE7, and as a five year old at most, but he was there... :)

But yeah... if it's a FE9 stage, how about Ike and Mist? :) I'd ask for a mage too, but I suspect that they're going to stick to main characters, and there are no FE mage main characters (Mist is the closest we got, and her magic is only for healing...)...

Oh my, I have been remiss in my duties, for I have forgotten an obvious Konami game character.

MYSTICAL NINJA! GOEMON! His super is EITHER him going all super sayian or summoning Impact-o.

Oh, OH OH! Eternal Darkness! Not sure what character, but at least a level! The level would have all sorts of horrible beasts and the level would apply sanity effects! Suddenly, someone's percentage rockets to 999%, or a "PLUG IN CONTROLLER 3" message appears!

A Black Falcon Wrote:But yeah... if it's a FE9 stage, how about Ike and Mist? :) I'd ask for a mage too, but I suspect that they're going to stick to main characters, and there are no FE mage main characters (Mist is the closest we got, and her magic is only for healing...)...

Soren was a pretty major character. So was Saleh. And Pent. Not storyline-wise, but they all has sizable roles. Soren being Griel's right-hand man, Saleh being a servant the Manakete, and Pent being a student of Lord Athos himself.

Back on topic though, I still want Pikmin as an item too, or at least a level where everyone is shrunk down, and has to worry about Bulborbs and such while fighting!

Hahahaha it would be even more funny now that they're wireless :D

Eternal Darkness? Could be really interesting... especially with tthe magic and the CHARTURGA, ULYOUTH, PARGON, PARGON etc and making shields, electric bursts, enchanting items to make them stronger... come to think of it, how about items from ED? like an enchanted gradius (use as a strong sword or throw it to cause the hit player to become slower with reversed controls for a bit), heart of mantorok (grab this to cause toothy tentacles to snatch players off the arena), the tome (grab this to cause a random spirit of the Roivas family to attack your opponents) uh.... what else?

A Trapper! Release a Trapper onto the arena and if someone gets too close, BOOM, off to the Trapper Dimension for a few seconds, which starts a small timing minigame for the player, which could end up as an instant KO, health refill, Star power upon return, or anything else you can imagine.

Or maybe the Trapper can be just like the Motion Sensor Bomb, only a little less powerful and mobile!

Super Smash Bros. - Brawl Announced for Wii (2007)... with Solid Snake! - lazyfatbum - 13th May 2006

lmao, the item could look like a spell wheel with the drawing of a trapper in the middle, when you grab it it does the speaking magick but you MMUST stand still, if anyone hits you or you move, the spell is over, upon a successful spell, you let loose a trapper (who can jump and has a good AI, you can move now too) who chases down the first opponent it sees and lets out the trap burst. If you're caught, you disapear and you hear a chorus of screams and chanting and the sound of your character making the KO yell, you have just lost one life. :D But you can kill the trapper with distance attacks, and whatever damage it takes, your character takes!

Super Smash Bros. - Brawl Announced for Wii (2007)... with Solid Snake! - A Black Falcon - 13th May 2006

Quote:Soren was a pretty major character. So was Saleh. And Pent. Not storyline-wise, but they all has sizable roles. Soren being Griel's right-hand man, Saleh being a servant the Manakete, and Pent being a student of Lord Athos himself.

I said main, not major. Of course by that determination Mist isn't a main character, just the top secondary character, but that still leaves her as the #2 character...

Super Smash Bros. - Brawl Announced for Wii (2007)... with Solid Snake! - Smoke - 14th May 2006

My list of dream characters for SSB:

Simon Belmont/Alucard
Sonic/Shadow/Knuckles
Megaman/Megaman X/Zero
Paper Mario
WW Link/Shadow Link
Little Mac
Eggplant Wizard
And Finally:

[Image: Capnn.jpg]

Super Smash Bros. - Brawl Announced for Wii (2007)... with Solid Snake! - EdenMaster - 14th May 2006

Ooh...Paper Mario would be a fun one. He's so light he gets knocked around easily, but he falls very slowly. He can turn into a plane and fly around the arena quickly, and roll into a tube and roll away to evade. Plus, rather than being a clone like Dr. Mario, Paper Mario has his own unique attacks. PM doesn't every really use any of normal Mario's SSB attacks, so it would be fun.

Man, now you've got him on my wishlist too.

I'd like to see Darunia or Krystal, too.

Super Smash Bros. - Brawl Announced for Wii (2007)... with Solid Snake! - Smoke - 15th May 2006

There should also be a version of Luigi with his vacuum.

Super Smash Bros. - Brawl Announced for Wii (2007)... with Solid Snake! - EdenMaster - 15th May 2006

Personally, I honestly expect to see the Poltergust 3000 and/or FLUDD as items. FLUD could work kind of like a long-range fireflower, but the Poltergust to suck enemies in, hold them for a while, and then expel them quickly. I can just see one player using the vacuum and sucking up another, walking to the edge of the stage, and just shooting them off of it. The drawback: The vacuum starts immediately after you grab the item, and only lasts a few seconds before it disappears. Kind of like the Hammer, if you see someone grab it, stay away.