Tendo City
E3 Predictions - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Thread: E3 Predictions (/showthread.php?tid=3726)

E3 Predictions - lazyfatbum - 6th May 2006

let's see how far off we could possibly get! :D I'll post my 3 favorite predictions:

1.) Kid Icarus, whether it's playable, in video, or just mentioned, I say it's coming. And it will be made by a joint venture with Capcom. Glorious, sex crazed antics to follow.

2.) Wii launches earlier than November worldwide. (nintendo will either give out a statement like 'it will be cheaper than PS3 and 360' again, or completely dodge the price... unless sony announces theres which probably wont happen) And will ship in a box with a demo disk of mini games, demos and trailers (or this content will be d/l for free) with two Wiimotes (and attachments), standard RCA AND component video cables. Shell will be sold seperately, but released as a pack in with a certain title that takes advantage of the Wii/GC control hybrid somewhere around late launch or shortly after. This method of getting attachments to consumers will follow with other attachments as well (ie: fishing by Sega comes with fishing attachment). Also in the box is a code that gives you the ability to buy a few games off the network of your choice, this will only apply to retro titles and not new games on the network. (pretty specific huh? :D)

3.) Zelda: Twlight Princess is indeed a GC title that can be played on Wii with wiimote functionality, and may even see early release. But a seperate Wii version will make the launch window (first 6 months anyway). This version will have updated graphics and exclusive Wii gameplay mechanics, etc. Essentially, an updated special edition of the GC version.

E3 Predictions - Smoke - 7th May 2006

We will say wow.

E3 Predictions - Smoke - 7th May 2006

Matt Casamassina’s E3 predictions:
Quote: Specific E3 2006 Predictions
For me, E3 2006 begins this weekend. That's because I've already got a few things to write about prior to the show and I'll have a lot more in a couple of days. If I don't tackle this stuff now, I'll run out of time next week. So I figured I should use this Saturday morning (er, afternoon) to post a quickie blog before I'm neck-deep in coverage.

I'm going to make some predictions. I don't think they'll all come true. In fact, I'm expecting to be wrong on at least a couple of them, but what fun are predictions if you don't shoot for the moon? This is a blog, so of course I welcome your input on these, good or bad. And before you start posting "Matt confirms..." threads, I refer you to the beginning of this paragraph again -- you know, the bit about these being predictions, and possibly wrong ones.

1. Nintendo and Sony Keep Wii and PlayStation 3 price points a secret
2. Microsoft unveils a massive lineup of downloadable Xbox Live Arcade games to combat Nintendo's virtual console
3. Metroid Prime 3 confirmed as Wii launch title
4. New Wii Mario shown on video, but not playable
5. At least thee new Wii IPs from Nintendo and its teams, one of them a "sandbox" style game
6. Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Wii shown, but not playable, and void of online functionality
7. Most, if not all Wii games shown exclusively at Nintendo's E3 booth
8. Zelda: Twilight Princess demoed for Wii
9. A number of Wi surprise titles that nobody could have predicted
10. Metroid Dread for DS returns? Well, a man can dream...
http://blogs.ign.com/matt-IGN

E3 Predictions - The Former DMiller - 7th May 2006

1. It will be announced that Twilight Princess will be playable on Wii with the Wiimote, but there will not be a separate version made.

2. A mid-November launch will be confirmed.

3. Some sort of connectivity between the DS and Wii will be announced, including the ability to download DS demoes using the Wii Network.

4. The big surprise will be a new Mario game that will be confirmed as a Wii launch title.

E3 Predictions - lazyfatbum - 7th May 2006

Quote:1. It will be announced that Twilight Princess will be playable on Wii with the Wiimote, but there will not be a separate version made.

2. A mid-November launch will be confirmed.

Well, WHY DONT YOU JUST KILL ME NOW MILLER

1.) nunchuku attachment not only uses an accelerometer to detect movement, but the gyro itself creates a Powerball like feeling of weight displacement. The Wiimote itself uses normal rumble.

2.) Square announces that they will support the download network on Wii, as well as other companies including the now Beuna Vista owned Acclaim.

3.) Nintendo shows that playing a GC game, and playing retro games on Wii, look sharper and run faster, allowing 16 and 64 bit games to look better than ever and 8 bit having almost no slowdown at all.

Sorry, lazy, but I don't think they can make a launch earlier than November. I'd love it, but I don't think it's going to happen.

Friday, May 05, 2006

Early Release for Wii?

Here is the exact quote taken from a recent IGN post from their message board.

Alright, normally, I'd post this on the General Board, but seeing as my Insider has run out, and I can't renew until Friday, I'll post it here for you guys. And btw, I've already sent a letter to Matt and Bozon, asking what they think about this.

So, I work for Best Buy, in the media department. I see the Nintendo rep a couple times a month, and today was no different to begin with. She came strolling in and we chatted for a few minutes before the real info started coming out. As we talked about general Wii stuff, she let something big slip. My partner asked if the hardware was complete yet, and she said, "Yeah, it's been complete for a while. They're stockpiling them in the warehouse." This shocked me, and I thought that I simply heard her wrong, so I asked, "Oh, you mean that you guys are shipping final dev kits out to everyone now?" To which she responded, "No, I mean the retail units are being boxed and warehoused as we speak!"

About this time, my jaw dropped. My rep has never led me astray in the past, and there have been quite a few times that she's given info in advance(she told me that we were getting the Pearl Pink GBAs a month or two before Nintendo even announced the color). So, this has me thinking two different things.

1. Nintendo is going for a worldwide release. If they're stockpiling retail units now, that means that come launch, they should have enough to suply all 3 regions.

2. The rumors about an early launch could be true.

Now, I can't stop you guys from flaming me for posting this and calling me a liar. However, anyone who knows me from the General boards knows that I tell the truth and don't just spam and troll.

Did the Nintendo rep say too much? Could be, there have been numerous rumors flying around the internet that Nintendo could pull a surprise launch. My bet is still in October but this is very interesting to say the least. More as it develops.

If that is true I tend to think it is lending credibility to a worldwide release more than a pre-November launch. Nintendo saw the mistakes MS made with their attempted worldwide launch so stockpiling units now would make sense for a worldwide launch.

E3 Predictions - Weltall - 7th May 2006

My Nintendo rep said nothing about that.

E3 Predictions - Great Rumbler - 7th May 2006

-Spore will be announced for the Wii.

-Ubisoft will have a surprise title.

-Super Smash Brothers Wii will be playable.

That's all for now.

I'm also inclined to say that it's a stockpiling for demand, but it could be both. A stockpiling and an early release. There was a headline a little whil ago that the Nintendo World Store will be broadcasting the keynote speech live. I'm willing to bet that Nintendo is going to pull a major, major stunt. It could be anything from releasing info about a special pre-order package, where you pre-order a Wii and get a game for free, or even something as incredible as announcing that either Wii/DS Lite/Zelda: TP or NSMB is being shipped that day/week to stores. I feel it in my gut, but we'll see. There's gotta be a reason for showing the keynote speech in the nintendo store.

1.) *truckload of salt* Nintendo will show off new technology that will involve 3-D glasses used with special games, metroid prime 3 (launch title) might be the flagship title to use such a peripheral. the glasses will not work with every game. Nintendo mentions that it works with IMAX 3-D movies and future releases as well.

2.) Wii is 5.1 surround right out of the box.

3.) Nintendo announces a hard disk drive and/or larger internal cache.

4.) Lucas Arts shows off a game that uses the wiimote as a lightsabre.

#4 has got to happen somewhere along the way. It's just too obvious a choice for it not to happen.

it's a no brainer, but with factor 5 gone, nintendo NEEDS a supply of Starwars games.

- It will be revealed that the Wiimote has a microphone. the recieving voice will come out of the television's (or surround) speakers but also as a text on the screen as well. Similar to IM, the font and color is chosen by the player. the player also has the option not to send the voice and just voice-to-text. finally, the voice-to-text will be sensitive to certain inflections in the person's voice. Ie; if you yell a word, that word will be writen out in bold, or with an animated font. smilies can be used through voice commands or through a drop menu. It may use an f-bomb bleeper for atleast the text that is sent, possibly for other curse words as well. MS showed off a newheadset that has a chip which filters words, the same could be applied to Nintendo's technology.

This will be used primarily for chatting during gameplay or in general, but will also see game-uses as seen on DS.

This prediction comes directly from a patent for Nintendo's own voice-to-text system they have not used yet, i have a feeling it's for Wii.

E3 Predictions - A Black Falcon - 7th May 2006

Hmm... Nintendo's efforts to make the name 'Wii' anything more than a sophomoric joke hated by most will fall flat on their face?

Also, the flood of PS3/X360 games will continue -- "Next Generation Platforms" will not include Revolution in most cases, just like Gamecube. Even if the console is successful this will not change -- for as Nintendo platform most of the games people buy will be first party. Notice how the DS is blowing away the PSP in Japan, yet the PSP's Japanese third party support seems to be just as good (if more heavily into upgraded ports, they're GOOD upgraded ports...)?

... what, you wanted positive predictions? Oh... :D Um... games we haven't heard of yet will be announced, and they will be good. There. :)

Seriously, Nintendo will do well, but they've got a long way to go, and a lot of hurdles to overcome, both longtime ones and self-imposed ones, and I can't say that they'll succeed. Oh, the Revolution's goal of doing better than Gamecube should be attainable, but beating Sony or MS? That'll be harder... and Nintendo is not exactly impressing me with its efforts to try to win. 'Google' may be an odd name (that I honestly don't like all that much... I still prefer Yahoo, darnit... :)), but this is so much worse...

I know that the console is far more than the name, but looking strictly at a sales and marketing (and marketshare) approach, itseems like it's emblematic of an approach that will be a LOT harder to have succeed for a home console than for a portable. Adults are quite simply more likely to want to play the kinds of casual games Nintendo is pushing on handhelds than on major consoles, I think... and that's not even getting in to how most of their 'age-group-expanding' titles are Japan-only, making it pretty darn hard for them to have any chance of winning here too...

Now, the competition's hardly in perfect shape either, with Sony set to lose massive amounts on PS3 hardware sales, seemingly having trouble finishing the hardware so they can do a decent launch, and pushing Blu-Ray at a time that the market doesn't seem to care, but while Nintendo's strategy might do really well in Japan, it'll be a whole lot harder for it to have any impact here.

E3 Predictions - Paco - 8th May 2006

Maybe that supposed June release will come true. I really can't imagine them making Wii consoles seven months in advance. Usually production on the retail units starts a couple or three months before launch. (Unless they are trying to avoid shortages with a worldwide launch)

OMG...

My prediction for the E3: Nintendo steals the show. Mario, Zelda, Metroid, Smash Bros, Animal Crossing, and new IPs. All their most popular franchises to showcase a new innovative console, and I'm assuming the DS will get its time in the spotlight as the portable continues to garner success.

I think the only let down will be Nintendo's online component.

E3 Predictions - A Black Falcon - 8th May 2006

Quote:I think the only let down will be Nintendo's online component.

But for it to be a letdown, you'd actually have to have expectations... as far as Nintendo and online goes, you shouldn't, I'd say... oh, I'd like to hope that it will be good, but I don't actually really expect that...

E3 Predictions - Great Rumbler - 8th May 2006

Despite the fact that they've SAID that some of their launch games will be online and that the Wii has Wifi capabilities built in.

Haven't we discussed this, many times before? Nothing has changed since then... I still see not much to convince me that this will actually be a real online service, like Live (okay not like Live, even my wildest dreams of Nintendo's online service don't come close to THAT level), or a sham of a random matchmaking only service, like their DS games? I know which one I expect... polls on Nintendo.com suggesting improvements notwithstanding.

According to the latest issue of EGM, the Wii will be online ALL THE TIME. No idea what the implies however...

Quote:According to the latest issue of EGM, the Wii will be online ALL THE TIME. No idea what the implies however...

That like the X360 you'll have quick access available to the online service, I assume... I would certainly hope that that's how it'll be, it's the only reasonable way to do things with console online...

At least that implies that there'll be a unified service, unlike the divided DS one... a good sign I guess, if a limited one...

The Xbox360 isn't online all the time. It logs in your username when you turn on the system.

Also, that same issue said that Twilight Princess will have some sort of online element.

'All the time' as in 'not when it's off' of course...

The Wii will be online ALL THE TIME. Even when the system itself is OFF.