Tendo City
Kojima to unwrap Wii project at E3? - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Thread: Kojima to unwrap Wii project at E3? (/showthread.php?tid=3703)

Kojima to unwrap Wii project at E3? - Smoke - 29th April 2006

Quote:Source: A postcard sent out to press to promote Konami's E3 press conference.

The official story: "No comment on the postcard."--Konami rep.

What we heard: Late last year, Metal Gear Solid creator Hideo Kojima sat down with Famitsu, Japan's leading game magazine. In it, he revealed he was developing an upcoming title for the Nintendo Revolution. He explained to the publication that he wanted the game to be drastically different from the stealth-action series which made him famous. He also hinted that he might be targeting female gamers specifically.

While it caused a bit of a stir at the time, Kojima's Revolution revelation faded into the background, thanks to a drought of new information about the project. But that will likely end in two weeks, if the hints on the Konami E3 press conference invitation are to be taken at face value.

The invitation, which arrived in GameSpot editors' mailboxes today, had a grey front with the Kojima Productions logo in the background. In the foreground are six words in all-caps: "RETURN," "REARM," "REGALE," "REBIRTH," "RESPECT," "REFINE." In each of the words, the letters "RE" were conspicuously offset in red. On the back, and even less subtle hint was dropped. "The REVOLT begins, Tuesday, May 9. It's the battle for E3," reads the card before giving the details of the event.

Plainly, Konami is hinting that there will be a major announcement at its press conference that has to do with something starting in "Re." But while the Revolution references may have been fine last week, this week everything changed when Nintendo revealed its console's new name, "Wii." Why would Konami send out a teaser postcard for a Revolution game when they knew a name change was in the works?

The answer is on the postcard, which bears a postmark of Wednesday, April 26--one day before the Wii name was revealed. Given that it was sent before the Wii announcement--which many diehard Nintendans are now claiming is a massive hoax--Konami must've stuck with the Revolution name just to not blow Nintendo's cover. That and it would be wii-ly hard to make a cool-sounding teaser with the console's new moniker. (Painful, we know.)

Bogus or not bogus?: Looking not bogus--expect official confirmation at E3.
[Image: mgs_screen001.jpg]

Kojima to unwrap Wii project at E3? - lazyfatbum - 29th April 2006

Oh yeah that's something to attract female gamers. Especially how its all dirty and evil looking.

Kojima to unwrap Wii project at E3? - Great Rumbler - 29th April 2006

Please be a REmake of Snatcher...

Kojima to unwrap Wii project at E3? - A Black Falcon - 29th April 2006

No, just include Snatcher in the Download Service...

Kojima to unwrap Wii project at E3? - Great Rumbler - 29th April 2006

NO, MAKE A REMAKE OF SNATCHER.

Kojima to unwrap Wii project at E3? - A Black Falcon - 29th April 2006

Do both! Snatcher is indeed awesome...

Kojima to unwrap Wii project at E3? - Dark Jaguar - 29th April 2006

Snatcher doesn't SOUND like an awesome game, the name sounds silly, dilly dally filly fally.

For girls? Raiden Adventures! (I watched that video discussing the Japanese Teenage Girl Panel of the Damned which Hideo interviewed to decide what way to go with MGS2.)

Kojima to unwrap Wii project at E3? - Great Rumbler - 30th April 2006

Quote:Snatcher doesn't SOUND like an awesome game, the name sounds silly, dilly dally filly fally.

[Image: snatcher-front.jpg]

Kojima to unwrap Wii project at E3? - A Black Falcon - 30th April 2006

Snatcher is a seriously awesome cyberpunk adventure game by Kojima...

Kojima to unwrap Wii project at E3? - lazyfatbum - 30th April 2006

Snatcher looks awesome, it being a lighgun game would also mean it would make a beautiful FPS conversion to Wii.

Kojima to unwrap Wii project at E3? - A Black Falcon - 30th April 2006

No, most of the game is played through menus. The lightgun parts are rare and not that long... it's mostly a graphic adventure where instead of clicking on things on the screen you select options from menus.

I guess you could make a more action-oriented sequel, but I like adventure games... though I will admit that the action parts could be improved. It creates a great atmosphere and makes you tense, but then kind of ruins it when you realize how simple the combat actually is (basically target shooting, there's a 9-block grid on the screen and you choose/shoot the proper square when an enemy enters it)... oh well. Still a great game.

Kojima to unwrap Wii project at E3? - Smoke - 1st May 2006

It's not going to be Snatcher. An interviewer asked Kojima about a Snatcher remake before and he got pissed off. He doesn't want to ever do another Snatcher or Policenauts game. Move on.

Kojima to unwrap Wii project at E3? - A Black Falcon - 1st May 2006

I'd be perfectly happy with a re-release of Snatcher (on the Download Service or something similar)... and I'm sure that there are a lot of people out there who would want an English version of Policenauts...

Kojima to unwrap Wii project at E3? - lazyfatbum - 1st May 2006

For those of you wondering:

re·gale P Pronunciation Key (r-gl)
v. re·galed, re·gal·ing, re·gales
v. tr.
To provide with great enjoyment; entertain. See Synonyms at amuse.
To entertain sumptuously with food and drink; provide a feast for.

v. intr.
To feast.

n.
A great feast.
A choice food; a delicacy.
Refreshment.

[French régaler, from Old French regal, feast, from gale(influenced by se rigoler, to amuse oneself), from galer, to make merry.]

all of those words start with 'RE' in red, what is the one word that starts in RE that would fit with all of those? let's take it as more than a hint of a revoluution title, and that the Re is a hint of the title for the actual game. Revenge. Snake's Revenge Redux? I dunno, I think i'll put my money on a 100% original game, though i could imagine, Nintendo would love to have a metal gear surprise.

Kojima to unwrap Wii project at E3? - Dark Jaguar - 1st May 2006

Snatcher is still a silly name. Fuddy duddy silly name.

Kojima to unwrap Wii project at E3? - Great Rumbler - 2nd May 2006

Why?