Tendo City
Rumor: Mother 3 on the GC - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Thread: Rumor: Mother 3 on the GC (/showthread.php?tid=369)

Rumor: Mother 3 on the GC - Great Rumbler - 1st March 2003

Quote:Mother 1 + 2 on GBA, Mother 3 on GC!
We've been following the story of Earthbound on the Game Boy Advance for a long time, and it looks like our hunch was right. Word has leaked out of Nintendo that two new Mother games are in the works, one for the GBA and the other for the GameCube.

Mother 1 + 2 is a remake of the original Famicom Mother game, plus the Super Nintendo installment (called Earthbound in North America). It will have completely rehauled graphics, and should release around the same time as the Game Boy Player.

Mother 3 was originally in development for the Nintendo 64, but was cancelled because of lengthy development and poor results. The game is being remade for the GameCube, and should hit Japanese retailers this August!

Finally, there's a report that Enix is working on a Dragon Quest V remake. No console has been specified, but word has it that the game will be a straight port; GBA comes immediately to mind.

This information all comes courtesy of Japanese website QUITER, and although it HASN'T BEEN COFIRMED, we believe you could be hearing something from Nintendo within the next month or so.

Source: Mother Nippon/QUITER

Just remember guys, it's only a rumor...

Games Are Fun

Rumor: Mother 3 on the GC - A Black Falcon - 1st March 2003

That would be really cool... but I still doubt that they'll resurrect Earthbound 64, I guess its theoretically possible...

The GBA port of Earthbound 0 and 1 seems a lot more possible.

Rumor: Mother 3 on the GC - WhiteFleck - 1st March 2003

And fun!

Rumor: Mother 3 on the GC - OB1 - 1st March 2003

GAF is usually pretty reliable. They broke the MGS on Gamecube rumor several months ago.

Rumor: Mother 3 on the GC - Dark Jaguar - 1st March 2003

If that's your logic, then GameFAQs is reliable. They broke it even before that :D.

Erm
GAF reported on a rumor pretty much confirming the development of a GC MGS long before anyone else did.

But those early reports are usually very unreliable...

Rumor: Mother 3 on the GC - Dark Jaguar - 1st March 2003

Just because they were right doesn't mean their source was accurate. It could be a hit or miss thing, purely on luck that they got it right.

All we can do is hope they're right... but I have some pretty strong doubts...

Quote:Originally posted by Dark Jaguar
Just because they were right doesn't mean their source was accurate. It could be a hit or miss thing, purely on luck that they got it right.

That might be true with anyone else, but these guys are almost always on the mark.

Really? I've heard of the site before, but not of it as particularly trustworthy with its rumors or anything...

Rumor: Mother 3 on the GC - Nintendarse - 2nd March 2003

The site (QUITER) is quite reliable from what I've heard, but they disclaim it with a "RUMOR" remark. I'm putting it on the backburner of my head. If it falls off, so be it. If it comes true, more happy for me!

By the way, it would be silly to credit the first report of the MGS rumor. I mean, I heard of MGS connections with GBA years ago on Magic Box, which led people to believe that MGS would show up on Gamecube. Honestly, I doubt at that time that the rumor was correct.

Rumor: Mother 3 on the GC - OB1 - 2nd March 2003

Well there have been MGS on GC rumors since the beginning of time, but GAF reported it almost as fact and that it was definitely going to happen next year (this year).

ABF, I quote GAF in my news posts all of the time. They're a good, reliable site.