Tendo City
Saw was a terrible movie... - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Ramble City (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=44)
+--- Thread: Saw was a terrible movie... (/showthread.php?tid=3677)

Saw was a terrible movie... - Dark Jaguar - 20th April 2006

I'm embarressed to say, I saw that movie. Worthless as something to watch, but I can't help but think it would make a great game, using the Rev controller.

Saw was a terrible movie... - lazyfatbum - 20th April 2006

hahaha which part? the actual SAWING? :D The word saw is really a double meaning; the cutting tool, and because the killer likes to watch people suffer, he "saw" them suffer. I thought it was an excellent movie especially for a genre littered with half naked teenagers running from a insert scary thing here, it had real depth and the characters are memorable and then ending made me gulp scooby doo style

I havent seen the sequel yet but the first one is a good example of a horror movie with mystery and suspense that would make Hitchcock say "not bad.... and what's up with my name? lol"

Saw was a terrible movie... - N-Man - 20th April 2006

The second one was a let-down. It was like the director thought... crap, I don't have any good ideas left - let's put blood everywhere and people swimming in dirty needles. It was cringe-inducing, but didn't have nearly as much suspense as the first one.

I was thinking the part where they solve puzzles to live. As far as self mutilation, that may not be needed to the degree they went in the movie.

But anyway, all I got from it was the lesson "killing is wrong". Thing is, I already knew that.

Saw was a terrible movie... - lazyfatbum - 20th April 2006

funny, when i watched it I got the lesson of killing can be a learning experience if you make it a Zelda-esque puzzle.

but you're absolutely right, the puzzles would be great in a survival horror kinda setup where it's more about surviving a problem rather than surviving a group of monster zombie people. especially the being covered in gasoline, in the dark, and using a lighter to see the messages on the wall which will give you clues to open a safe oh and the floor is covered in glass... and we took your shoes. the revcon would be great for flashlights/lighters and the like and seriously add a pitch of realism that's never been done before.

swimming through needles sounds like ......well it sounds like swimming through needles, which sounds like this: *tetnis*

Lockjaw'd?

And yes, that's exactly it! Playing the game as some stranger waking up in the middle of a strange room, being told about the conditions for survival, and wandering around with nothing but two hands (two controllers) for company. A button press can change control between a hand and movement, or Nintendo could stick an analog stick on the controllers for that purpose, or you get control of ONE hand (at a time) while using the analog stick add-on for movement. The ones in the movie were tailor made as movie puzzles we weren't meant to solve for them, and really couldn't. The game could be it's own seperate storyline with a huge maze of puzzles. Imagine perhaps some really rich psychopath kidnapping people and sticking them in a massive dungeon, where every deadly puzzle solved just leads to more dank broken down unflushed toilet rooms with other puzzles, and chosing what way to go is itself a puzzle that can have dire consequences. I think that, as a game, it could be much better than it was as a movie, and honestly that's probably what it should have been from the start.

Saw was a terrible movie... - Darunia - 22nd April 2006

SAW was good in as much as that it was original, creepy, and just really scary. Such a terrifying idea as being trapped in that well-built set is quite... terrifying. SAW ranks as one of the best-produced horror films I've ever seen; along with The Exorcist... they didn't just throw buckets of blood over screaming, huge-breasted, stereotypical teenagers in order to get big sales.

SAW II was quite the opposite.

Stereotypical father-son plot. A bunch of dumb people get killed whom you don't really care about. The traps are obvious and predictable. And the ending sucked more than anything that has ever sucked before.

Saw was a terrible movie... - Dark Jaguar - 24th April 2006

You and another person who woke up somewhere else are trying to get through this game. There are many paths, you take one which occasionally meets up with that second person. Somewhere midway through the game, you stop getting clues and have to solve the puzzles without a madman as your guide, and the puzzles seem to be breaking down. By the last room, the puzzle doesn't even seem to activate, and your job is just to make it to the exit without setting it off. Then, the secret, the killer is DEAD. Somehow, something killed him some time ago while you were going through the dungeon. Then, after the credits, "Reverse Rebirth", the second storyline involving the other character, with tougher puzzles and at the end, they actually have to solve that last room puzzle. They get through last, and that is the person who reveals how the killer managed to die. The second guy's secret, he's the original killer, while the guy running this is just a copycat, and he is the one who kills the killer running the place.

DUN DUN DUN!