Tendo City
NiGHTS Revolution - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Thread: NiGHTS Revolution (/showthread.php?tid=3675)

NiGHTS Revolution - Smoke - 19th April 2006

GAF Thread

It's a few posts down but there's talk in Famitsu about NiGHTS for Revolution.

NiGHTS Revolution - A Black Falcon - 19th April 2006

I've never played NiGHTS, but the way Sega fans talk about it, a good sequel would probably be a good thing... though Sega's downward trend over the past few years is not a good sign.

NiGHTS Revolution - Dark Jaguar - 19th April 2006

NiGHTs was a fun experience. Check my review for it on this site. However, I must say it wasn't nearly the "game to define all games" SEGA fans make it out to be. Fun game, about 6 or 7 levels long, and not very long levels at that. While the game felt demo length, it was still pretty fun. Unfortunatly, game length does matter at a point.

NiGHTS Revolution - lazyfatbum - 19th April 2006

well the whole point to Nights is of course the flying and it was Sega's benchmark analog game that never, ever got a sequel. The flying would and gameplay styles of Nights would fit perfectly with the revcon, even if they kept it 2-D.

Yunno, i just had a flashback of hearing about a sequel for Nights for Dreamcast... it had a starfox-like portion of the game and even an 'all range mode' for boss-like battles.... its a vague memory. But i'm pretty sure all that was released was the original Nights and the Christmas Nights which was basically a costume change (Santa clause-ish) and one special Christmas-themed level, not bad for free. :D

NiGHTS Revolution - Paco - 22nd April 2006

A sequel to my favorite game of all time? Fuck yeah.

I've been wishing and praying for it since the original. NiGHTS was THE reason I put down $200 for a Saturn and the only reason I kept it for so long. It was only this past January when I finally let it go. I must have played through the whole game at least a hundred times (fyi, the game can be completed in less than 30 minutes).

I can't imagine what it would look like...I want it...now.

NiGHTS Revolution - Paco - 22nd April 2006

lazyfatbum Wrote:Yunno, i just had a flashback of hearing about a sequel for Nights for Dreamcast... it had a starfox-like portion of the game and even an 'all range mode' for boss-like battles.... its a vague memory. But i'm pretty sure all that was released was the original Nights and the Christmas Nights which was basically a costume change (Santa clause-ish) and one special Christmas-themed level, not bad for free. :D

NiGHTS 2 was in the planning stages. Naka said that he wanted to have a special controller for 3D movement. Ever since I've heard about the revcon I've been thinking that NiGHTS could be resurrected...but I don't want to get my hopes up just yet.

NiGHTS
Christmas NiGHTS
There was also a mini-game of one level in a recent Sega game. I want to say a Phantasy Star title but I'm not sure. Sega has been teasing fans for years with little ads in the Sonic Adventure games and such.

Christmas NiGHTS had the Frozen Bell level from the original game, with the flying lizard/dragon thing as a boss. It also had its own christmas story, plus loads of artwork for the game.

NiGHTS Revolution - lazyfatbum - 22nd April 2006

sweet! I'm willing to bet that Yuji Naka having just broken away from Sega (but still part of sega, figure that one out) will have NiGHTs for rev's d/l network as well, whether or not a new one will be made. If that's the case, I imagine he would update it for the revcon and maybe improve the graphics somewhat, such as cleaner filters and the like

But its pretty obvious that NiGHTs 2 has been in some kind of development since the first was released, even if it was just on paper or in Naka's mind. God damn E3 hurry up all ready

NiGHTS Revolution - A Black Falcon - 22nd April 2006

The waiting is torture as always, particularly when it's so close...

It seems like the press is finally seeing some real Revolution stuff, and there have been a few game announcements or rumors, but like I thought, there was no 'April 20th' event. ... well, maybe for Matt at IGN, but not for us... Nintendo wants us desperate for information right until E3, like usual. ... it's a good way of increasing hype, for sure...