Tendo City
DIRECT CROPPED N READY REVOLUTION SCREENS. - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Thread: DIRECT CROPPED N READY REVOLUTION SCREENS. (/showthread.php?tid=3654)

DIRECT CROPPED N READY REVOLUTION SCREENS. - Chronic Victim - 7th April 2006

Here you are.

EDIT: Sorry about the huge files, i didnt want to make the quality worse then it already was.

DIRECT CROPPED N READY REVOLUTION SCREENS. - lazyfatbum - 7th April 2006

A very heart felt thank you to our newest member Chronic Victim for cropping and uploading the pics for us after taking printscreens of each individual picture :D

THANK YOU CHRRONIC VICTIM YOU LITTLE EMO PERSON YOU!

DIRECT CROPPED N READY REVOLUTION SCREENS. - Smoke - 7th April 2006

Thank you and uh where did you come from?

I think I know which magazine we're all going to be running out and buying! :D So are these like *real* screens? I mean, is this our first look at what the Revolution can do? Because if so... I said wow.

I rushed to post here as soon as I saw this.

Quote:Update: A few of you have sent us word that Game Informer is touting its latest issue online. According to the page (again, we unfortunately do not have a copy of the magazine just yet), the game is from Ubisoft Paris, who are known for Prince of Persia, Ghost Recon, Far Cry Instincts, and Splinter Cell. The page implies that these are actual screenshots, and confirms that more information will be found via Game Informer's online page as of April 20th.

Colin Kirby has transcribed the following from the article -- thanks Colin!

"not to assign any personality to the main character. You are the hero in Red Steel and this is your adventure. The only backstory to the protagonist is that he is an american male who is engaged to a Japanese American woman name Myu. On the night that you are supposed to meet Myu's father for the first time, she is kidnapped from the psh Los Angeleles restaurant you're dining in. You quickly learn that her father is a Yakuza boss named Sato, who is in possesion of an important ceremonial katana. A younger, more ruthless Yakuza faction led by a man called Tokal attempted to steal the sword from Sato to shift the balance of power within the organization. Sato thwarted the attempt to steal the sword, but was mortally wounded in the attack. Tokal's men kidnap Myu in response, hoping to trade her life for the sword. But Sato refuses to hand over the sword to Toakl, instead giving it to you, with the instructions to use it to find his daughter. Sato dies soon after diving you the sword, leaving you all alone and untrained against Tokal's men. Armed with the katana and a selection of firearms, you myst follow Myu to Japan and defeat Tokal, but first you must gain the skills necessary to confront him. According to --- the first third of the game will be more brutal by necessity. When you are first learning to use the Revolution controller, you will be less precise and --- (blurry and cuts off)

"a series of headshots, it is often more beneficial to take a non-lethal shot, such as shooting a gun out of an enemy's hands. I mnay situtations, there wil be a higher-ranking enemy who commands the others in the area. By defeating him and sparing his life, he will offer you his respect and help. The enemies he commands will surrender their guns and the boss may offer you a new weapon, a special path through the level, or other reward. Any time you spare an enemy, you will be rewarded. as it always takes more skill to spare a life than to take it. Freeze shot adds a lot of dpeth to the gunplay and is a natural fit for the Revolution controller, but isn't the only way that Red Steel adds spice to the combat. After all, why would you carry a sword through a game if you couldn't use it? Although the majority of Red Steel's gameplay will stress ranged combat, there will be times you need to get up close and personal. You can switch to the sword at any time, and if you can get close enougn to an enemy, you can use it for on-hit stealth kills. In other moments, you'll find yourself locked into intense one-on-one sword duels. Any time you take on an enemy with a sword of his own, you'll need to take yours out right away, or his blade will make short work of you. Swinging the Revolution controller in front of you, you will see the sword onscreen (cut off)"
Joystiq

Holy shit. WTF. The Revolution actually has good graphics?! I had already accepted the fact that it would be a fun machine with shitty graphics. Wow.

DIRECT CROPPED N READY REVOLUTION SCREENS. - Chronic Victim - 7th April 2006

Smoke Wrote:Thank you and uh where did you come from?
Ryans womb.

DIRECT CROPPED N READY REVOLUTION SCREENS. - A Black Falcon - 7th April 2006

Bah, that text is almost too small to read (and some really isn't readable)... we need bigger scans... :)

Seriously awesome though. It's just frusterating to have part of the story there, but not all of it, and with only a few screenshots that are really clear... I don't know how well you can compare its graphics based on those shots... ie how it compares to other next-gen games vs. current-gen ones.

As for gameplay, the details are nice (the ones that are legible anyway) and it's nice to get more confirmation that the Rev will be as good for FPSes as most people thought it would... (need... better... scans...)

DIRECT CROPPED N READY REVOLUTION SCREENS. - Great Rumbler - 7th April 2006

SPANUUUUUND!!!

DIRECT CROPPED N READY REVOLUTION SCREENS. - lazyfatbum - 7th April 2006

i'm gonna have to start keeping count of how many times i've been right about Revolution speculation, which more than makes up for all the times I was wrong about .....oh wait i've never been wrong*.

*the level to which this lie exists is imeasurable.

does anyone here subscribe to Gameinformer? Oh and word on the street, dawgs, is that alot of April magazines have exclusive Rev screenshots, so this is just the begining until the main event of E3!

DIRECT CROPPED N READY REVOLUTION SCREENS. - Great Rumbler - 7th April 2006

I have a subscription. I'll post what it says when I get it.

Game Informer is not a very good magazine, really, but this one issue...

DIRECT CROPPED N READY REVOLUTION SCREENS. - The Former DMiller - 7th April 2006

It's a horrible magazine for the most part, but I get it too because I have a free subscription.

Here's something somebody from GAF thought of:

Quote:Katana: Red Steel

= Nintendo RS?

Sorry, I had to speculate =)

Maybe.

That's a question... why have all the "let's make a fake UI for the Revolution" people lached on to this "RS" name? Where did it come from, and why is it so popular? I can't recall Nintendo ever using the term...

Nintendo DS = Nintendo Dual Screen
Nintendo RS = Nintendo Revolution System

It's just a guess.

Oh here's some info I found on GAF. It's transcribed from the GI article.

Quote:it is highly unusual for a company like nintendo to allow the axclusive first look at one of its consoles through a 3rd party game like red steel.but as it turns out , nintendo has been closely involved in the development of this game, and has great confidence that it is a perfect way to introduce the world to revolution . developed by ubisoft paris , one of the publishers oldest and most experienced teams , red steel is a mixture of old and new: a fps that that uses the revolutions controller for aiming - and much more. while nintendo obviously has several games in development for the revolution launch , the company simply doesnt make games like red steel , so letting a respected publisher like ubisoft introduce the revolution through an easy -to - understand game type allows both companies to demonstrate what they do best .."

Quote:the team at ubisoft knew that they wanted to make games for the revolution after the ds released.impressed with how nintendo had created a handheld that offered new twists on familiar gameplay , as well as all-new game concpts that everyone can play ,they knew that the publisher would pursue a similair goal with its next console.after learning that the revolution's remote style controller would be based on motion sensing technology that translates the players movements into the game , the team immediatly began conceptualizing by playing with the remotes laying around there offices, trying to pinpoint what movements were the most fun to do . the engineers on staff spent countless hours waving television remotes around, emulating the motions for digging, throwing , swinging and more.once their antics began to coalesce into the actual game concepts, they brought their ideas to nintnedo's president satoru iwata and the companys cheif creative officer, shigeru miyamoto . "we got tons of ideas of interactions , and these are what we brought to japan when we went to see mr. iwata and mr. miyamoto" said damien moret , the teams marketing game manager.

DIRECT CROPPED N READY REVOLUTION SCREENS. - Paco - 8th April 2006

impressive, especially the environment. The characters look good, but not mind blowing. I'd like to see it in motion.

Again, what concerns me is holding up that remote to aim for any length of time.

DIRECT CROPPED N READY REVOLUTION SCREENS. - Great Rumbler - 8th April 2006

People play lights gun games a lot and holding the gun never seems to be a big problem. And I imagine that the Revolution controller will be much easier to use than a light gun, especially if you're sitting down.

DIRECT CROPPED N READY REVOLUTION SCREENS. - A Black Falcon - 8th April 2006

And you're not aiming... this isn't a lightgun... it's sensing the position and angle of the controller, not just 'where on the screen is it pointing'...

DIRECT CROPPED N READY REVOLUTION SCREENS. - lazyfatbum - 8th April 2006

yeah you could litteraly hold the controller in the opposite view of the screen and it will register your movements, like if you get lazy like me and play upside down or while laying on your side, you dont have to actually point at the screen. Liike, if your aiming at the bottom left corner and you want to hit something in the upper right, you wont have to litteraly point at the upper right portion of the screen, you would just flick the controller in that direction and the faster you 'snap' the movement, the faster the reticle will get there - just like a mouse.

One of th game mechanics is the ability to turn over tables or props by flipping them with your gun or sword to use as cover. You could be laying on your back and looking at the cieling and 'push' towards the cieling, the game will register it as pushing forward. The TV screen doesn't pick up anything, it's the little sensor you put next to or under your TV that picks up the movements of the revcon so it doesnt matter what direction you're actually facing.

watch the video of Japanese people playing revolution, you can either go all nuts and dramatic with your movements or keep it in your lap and make subtle movements, it's up to the gameplayer.

it's weird, but it looks HD, it also looks better than the Unreal 3 engine (which supports HD). Those screens sure do look awfully sharp, i mean is it just me or does this look better than any of the PS3 FPS stuff that's been shown (Unreal 3) or any of the FPS's on 360? All i can think of is GRAW for 360 and Red Steel definitely looks better than that which makes me think that these pics are somehow doctored or were taken off a dev kit running at higher resolutions than 720p I mean, if rev games look like this, MS and Sony look comparatively.... dumb. Like almost sad and might have pity for them if I didn't actually hate them. :D

super-tech systems that are difficult to program for, losinng money on that cost upwards of 400 bucks, rumored to 600 (costing the actual company 900 bucks a unit), 30 million dollar development costs, 60, 70 dollar games.... and then Nintendo shows up with the cheapest, easiest to develop for little system with graphics that compare to PS3 and 360. It's like having a biggest dick contest and right before the awards are given out for bigest dick, King Kong shows up and wrecks the grading curve.

3 weeks away...... just 3 weeks......

This just in from GAF:

Quote:Game Informer's hands on:
-The two triggers on the front of the analog unit activate ducking and jumping. The analog stick controls movement, and the revmote controls aiming. No rails.
-Level consisted of shooting ranges that popped out from behind cover
"Aiming with the controller is as simple as using a laser pointer. You point your hand at a target and hit the trigger on the underside of the controller to fire
-"Unlike other FPS games, which tie the camera and aiming together, Red Steel's camera follows your aim with a slight delay. If, for example, you point to the edge of the screen, the camera will turn to re-center on your view after a second. With the sensitivity of the controller, a standard FPS control would move too much, potentially making the player feel ill
-"Thanks to the improved reaction that the controller offers, the team can create gunfight scenerios that would be extraordinarily diffilcult with a standard controller"
-Most console FPS games limit their enemies to horizontal planes to prevent player frustration, but targets on a verticle plane are just as easy to hit with the Revolution controller
-You can aim at a target as quickly as you can move your hand
-In the demo targets popped up on rooftops and in second story windows, as well as behind cover points on the ground, and all were equally easy to hit
-While you can quickly shoot enemies anywhere on screen, Red Steel never feels in a light-gun game - this is a true FPS, one that feels like it has drawn from the best of both the PC and console shooter worlds

-According to lead game designer Oriola, it takes roughly three seconds to turn completely around around in most console shooters, while it takes about one-quarter second in a PC game. In Red Stel, it takes one second

-AI characters will care for themselves. They will go for cover, attack you while you're reloading. They focus on risk management
-"They won't walk around a table to get to you. They will simply jump over the table"
-"The benchmark for their intelligence and aggressiveness, says Oriola, is the PC title F.E.A.R., which has widely been praised for it's AI"

I'm really starting to want this game badly...

Edit: And even more info:

Quote:-Destructable environments. There's a pic of a giant explosion on a carm with gang members being thrown left and right by the blast. Nice effects. The lighting on the explosion and the store signs is pretty good
-GI: we found Red Steel most enjoyable to play while standing up
-Straffing is extremely easy and effortless
-"Aiming felt similar to using a PC mouse, and it's possible to quickly explore every direction in a three-dimensional space with quick gestures"
-"In the finished game, you will be able to push forward with the controller to knock over an object to use for cover, pull it backwards to reload, and twist it to lead behind walls"
-Lob grenades with the controller, or roll them on the ground like a bowling ball
-"gangsta style" shooting is cool
-Total immersion. Feels like you are living the game

-GI: the Revolution is real
-Andy: It could change the very way all gamers are played now and forever

That's all. After reading that, Drinky and his ilk are irrelevent to me. There's no way anyone can simply dismiss this as a gimmick or a joke and be taken seriously. No true game could read that and not be impressed. Even if you don't like the graphics, there is no denying that the controls are simply mindblowing.

DIRECT CROPPED N READY REVOLUTION SCREENS. - A Black Falcon - 8th April 2006

Gimmick. :p

But yeah, the most important thing to understand is that this isn't a light gun. It's a gyroscopic 3d mouse, and the difference is important.

Quote:-According to lead game designer Oriola, it takes roughly three seconds to turn completely around around in most console shooters, while it takes about one-quarter second in a PC game. In Red Stel, it takes one second

Interesting...

DIRECT CROPPED N READY REVOLUTION SCREENS. - Paco - 8th April 2006

Great Rumbler Wrote:People play lights gun games a lot and holding the gun never seems to be a big problem. And I imagine that the Revolution controller will be much easier to use than a light gun, especially if you're sitting down.

I can play house of the dead only so much before I get tired of holding the light gun.

Well then maybe you should go back to playing your pinata game, you peon!!!

*overturns coffee table*

But I digress...it shouldn't be a problem, unless you plan on spending hours on end in front of the TV playing something. I do that sometimes, but not very often. It's important to bear in mind that the Revolution controller is very SMALL, which implies that it is also very light, likely much more so than the average light gun. Also, you can play games with the controller setting in your lap and you use small movements to move over the entire screen. You won't be waving your hand around for an hour, that's for sure. It'll take some getting used to I'm sure, but I don't think everyone will suddenly get carpal tunnel.

oh man this game keeps sounding more and more incredible, I thought it was just a cookie cutter FPS that uses the revcon but this is a fullblown must have game, as long as it plays as well as its descriptions!

I've been racking my brain thinking of Metroid Prime 3, and while i'm not completely certain I have this major gut feeling that aerial acrobatics are going to pop up in 3. the Screw attack/wall jumping of echoes was just the begining, and with the revcon anything is possible, i think Metroid Prime 3 is going to be an overhaul because if you think about it, there's no reasoon to lock on to things when using the revcon, and..... oh man..... imagine what it's going to look like with these kinds of graphics *dies*