Tendo City
THE BIOLOGICAL WASTE BYPRODUCT HAS COLLIDED WITH AIR DIRECTIONAL ROTATIONAL DEVICE - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Thread: THE BIOLOGICAL WASTE BYPRODUCT HAS COLLIDED WITH AIR DIRECTIONAL ROTATIONAL DEVICE (/showthread.php?tid=3652)

Pages: 1 2

THE BIOLOGICAL WASTE BYPRODUCT HAS COLLIDED WITH AIR DIRECTIONAL ROTATIONAL DEVICE - lazyfatbum - 7th April 2006

UUUMMMMMMMM........

http://www.flickr.com/photos/elmoco/

Gameinformer's APRIL issue, APRIL, meaning it COULD BE fake, however; this would be alot of work for a fake. Prerendered? not entirely sure yet, but, but it's.......

THE BIOLOGICAL WASTE BYPRODUCT HAS COLLIDED WITH AIR DIRECTIONAL ROTATIONAL DEVICE - lazyfatbum - 7th April 2006

shit, it wont let me download the picttures, just go to that website!

direct pics coming soon within the next 20 minutes for your enlarging fun, and I dont mean the picture editor!

THE BIOLOGICAL WASTE BYPRODUCT HAS COLLIDED WITH AIR DIRECTIONAL ROTATIONAL DEVICE - Weltall - 7th April 2006

FAT BUMPY COCK

http://tcforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3774

THE BIOLOGICAL WASTE BYPRODUCT HAS COLLIDED WITH AIR DIRECTIONAL ROTATIONAL DEVICE - lazyfatbum - 8th April 2006

Nintendo speaks on Horsepower, Price & Bundle
April 8th, 2006
In the Game Informer Magazine May Issue interview with George Harrison a few interesting points were made. According for the source below the following is what is mentioned:

“On the topic of horsepower, Harrison said a souped-up GameCube would have most likely performed as poorly as the original. Hence why Nintendo chose a different route. He did assure, though, that Revolution will be a multiple of GameCube’s technical capacities.”

“As for price of the console, Harrison said, “our goal is to come in at a slightly more mass market price”, speaking in comparison to the Xbox 360.”

“Harrison said Nintendo is still deciding; one free-hand unit and nunchucku will be available, but a second controller is being considered.”

1.) rumored price of 150-200 in comparison to 360 core's 300 for core.

2.) two controllers sounds more to me like a revcon, nunchuck, and shell.

3.) i'm starting to think that originally, the rev was going to be a souped up GC, but was modified beyond that goal probably from second parties complaining (the entire reason the nunchuck was added was after Retro complained about not having an anologe stick). This could also be pretty recent too, the comment of 'lower price point than 360' could mean a 250 price point, or even 300 (comparing the rev's price to the premium package). My vote is still on the 200 line.

Revolution to launch with 20 titles?

Posted Apr 8th 2006 12:34PM by Ludwig Kietzmann
Filed under: Rumors, Virtual Console
Gamefront.de is reporting that Nintendo's Senior Vice President of Marketing and Elaborate Pie Charts, George Harrison, has stated (via an upcoming issue of Game Informer) that the Revolution will launch later this year with 20 games, a third of which will be Nintendo first-party titles. While that doesn't seem like an unlikely number, there are several reasons to be cautious about this somewhat vacuous information.

Nintendo, much like Microsoft, has made a distinction in the past between launch day and launch window, a sneaky marketing move which often renders gamers unsure as to whether or not a game will be available on the day of the console launch or within the first few weeks of the new machine hitting stores. The difference between getting 20 games on launch day and getting 20 within the launch window (however long that is) is a fairly large one.

The other point of interest revolves around the Virtual Console. If one considers a selection of Nintendo classics to be launch games (and why shouldn't you when the Xbox 360 launched with a bunch of current-gen ports?), surely the launch tally would be much, much higher than 20. A likely explanation is that Harrison was only referring to brand new Revolution titles (excluding Twilight Princess, of course), in which case 20 is more than enough to make us forget the Gamecube's meager launch selection.

And no, Luigi's Mansion 2: Even More Sucking has not been confirmed as a Revolution launch title.

20 titles, 7 of them Nintendo first party titles, the others second and third party, with a mini-launch of Virtual Console games, updated or just available for d/l as well probably bringing the total to around 40 games at launch.

FUCK

THE BIOLOGICAL WASTE BYPRODUCT HAS COLLIDED WITH AIR DIRECTIONAL ROTATIONAL DEVICE - Paco - 9th April 2006

20 titles?! That would be the biggest Nintendo launch ever. I hope it's true.

THE BIOLOGICAL WASTE BYPRODUCT HAS COLLIDED WITH AIR DIRECTIONAL ROTATIONAL DEVICE - Smoke - 9th April 2006

Well let's see...

New Mario game
New Pilotwings game - rumored in EGM
New Mario Paint - rumored in EGM
Metroid Prime 3
Super Smash Bros 3
Nintendogs RS
Marioparty 67

THE BIOLOGICAL WASTE BYPRODUCT HAS COLLIDED WITH AIR DIRECTIONAL ROTATIONAL DEVICE - A Black Falcon - 9th April 2006

Haven't they said something about new IP too?

THE BIOLOGICAL WASTE BYPRODUCT HAS COLLIDED WITH AIR DIRECTIONAL ROTATIONAL DEVICE - Paco - 9th April 2006

A Black Falcon Wrote:Haven't they said something about new IP too?

new IPs. They haven't revealed anything.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Do you think a new Animal Crossing will be at launch?!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

THE BIOLOGICAL WASTE BYPRODUCT HAS COLLIDED WITH AIR DIRECTIONAL ROTATIONAL DEVICE - Great Rumbler - 9th April 2006

It would sell 3 million copies in Japan if they did.

THE BIOLOGICAL WASTE BYPRODUCT HAS COLLIDED WITH AIR DIRECTIONAL ROTATIONAL DEVICE - lazyfatbum - 9th April 2006

*adds to smoke's list*

New Mario game
New Pilotwings game - rumored in EGM
New Mario Paint - rumored in EGM
Metroid Prime 3
Super Smash Bros 3
Animal Crossing Wild World 2
Pikmin 3
Battalion Wars: Revolution
Zelda TP (with rumored 'extra functionality beyond revcon')
Mario Kart R
Donkey Kong Music game (I'm thinking it will be called Diddy's Drum Solo and will use two revcons as drum sticks for a virtual drum kit)
Geist 2
camelot RPG - Mario RPG
F-Zero
'Cooking game'
Spiderman 3 (a completey different type of Spidey game, rumored from IGN)
Tony Hawk: Downhill Jam
Red Steel
Tomb Raider: Legend
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicals
Killer 7 two (or 'Killer 8')
another capcom title that has nothing to do with Resident Evil, i'm thinking Kid Icarus using the Dead Pheonix engine or their Blaster-master robot-killing game Lost Planet)
Sega's projects
Spore
"namco fighting game"
Joy of Painting

I just remember something, does anyone here remember waaaaay back when the GameCube had no name Nintendo showed a clip of a tree-like being walking around a forest? It sported some incredible graphics and thinking back on it, it looked like Pikmin. But the character you played as in the video was a funky looking tree... I remember hearing that it was a Miyamoto project, but it completely dropped off the face of the earth. All I remember was seeing this beautiful tree getting struck by lightening, causing it to give birth to the tree-being who then went about the forest exploring his home... i wonder if he might be one of those new IPs for revolution...

THE BIOLOGICAL WASTE BYPRODUCT HAS COLLIDED WITH AIR DIRECTIONAL ROTATIONAL DEVICE - A Black Falcon - 9th April 2006

Quote:I just remember something, does anyone here remember waaaaay back when the GameCube had no name Nintendo showed a clip of a tree-like being walking around a forest? It sported some incredible graphics and thinking back on it, it looked like Pikmin. But the character you played as in the video was a funky looking tree... I remember hearing that it was a Miyamoto project, but it completely dropped off the face of the earth. All I remember was seeing this beautiful tree getting struck by lightening, causing it to give birth to the tree-being who then went about the forest exploring his home... i wonder if he might be one of those new IPs for revolution...

It was called Rebirth I think, and I recall it being confirmed to be a techdemo, not a game. As for the rest of your list, well... 1/3 confirmed, 1/3 speculation, 1/3 wishful thinking... :)

THE BIOLOGICAL WASTE BYPRODUCT HAS COLLIDED WITH AIR DIRECTIONAL ROTATIONAL DEVICE - lazyfatbum - 10th April 2006

rebirth, that was it. It definitely wasn't a tech demo, it actually showed gameplay and a story/ So it was something in the making.

as far as my list of games, all of those games have been announced for Revolution except Mario kart R (which is a no brainer and should see a launch window release. though conservatively i'll say within a year) and Spore, another no brainer, it will be on every console, handheld, cellphone, etc. Tomb Raider legend is semi announced at this point, but again it's being released on every console, handheld and cellphone.

in cases such as '2 unnanounced capcom titles' one of them we already know is being worked on by grasshopper studios (makers of killer7) and the other game is 'something that's not resident evil', so i speculate it's going to be Kid Icarus after Capcom cancelled Dead Pheonix and Miyamoto said to IGN 'if we released Kid icarus, would you buy it?" - "Yes? Then as a company we simply cant ignore that."

the 'untitled cooking game' has been speculated to be a rev version of the DS cooking game, and also Ace Attorney has been announed for Rev as well.

there's also a bunch of companies seeking people for current Rev projects, but they wont be at launch.

THE BIOLOGICAL WASTE BYPRODUCT HAS COLLIDED WITH AIR DIRECTIONAL ROTATIONAL DEVICE - Great Rumbler - 10th April 2006

I'm sure we'll have a much better idea about launch games after E3.

THE BIOLOGICAL WASTE BYPRODUCT HAS COLLIDED WITH AIR DIRECTIONAL ROTATIONAL DEVICE - A Black Falcon - 10th April 2006

No, Rebirth was never going to be a game, and wasn't ever being developed as one, exactly as I remembered.

http://cube.ign.com/articles/086/086749p1.html

Quote:I'm sure we'll have a much better idea about launch games after E3.

Yes, agreed.

THE BIOLOGICAL WASTE BYPRODUCT HAS COLLIDED WITH AIR DIRECTIONAL ROTATIONAL DEVICE - lazyfatbum - 10th April 2006

guys except for the TBAs I mentioned (and the rumored Mario Paint and Pilotwings) all of those games are confirmed, and will launch within the first 3 to 6 months of revs launch.

And wow, i cant believe they went to that level for a tech demo

THE BIOLOGICAL WASTE BYPRODUCT HAS COLLIDED WITH AIR DIRECTIONAL ROTATIONAL DEVICE - Paco - 10th April 2006

Lost Planet is a 360 exclusive, says Capcom

otherwise a very exciting list.

so that does it for Lost Planet

I'm gonna have to put my bets on icarus, you take Capcom's quotes - "I think it would be better to employ a different kind of game for Revolution than another Resident Evil at first, it should be something that can really show off the innovative controler" - 'dead Pheonix is not cancelled completely, we could see it again someday." and then Miyamoto's comments to IGN and all the recent buzz around an icarus game, it makes the most sense. Nintendo saw dead Pheonix, asked capcom if EAD could mess with it, worked jointly to create an Icarus game.

Lots of rumors about NDA's going flat by April 20th got a little solidified, EGM claims to have a massive revolution blow out that will go on sale ...april 20th. So it looks like, that for third party games atleast, we can expect more pics and movies of revoluution titles.

9 days away (it's midnight :D) which puts the Revolution blow-out on a thursday. this all makes sense, with Nintendo showcasing their first and second party stuff at E3 while giving their third parties their own party in the weeks prior to E3.

Info on Spiderman 3 for Revolution is that it will be 'on rails' and will give players the most cinematic experience ever seen with a spidey game. The graphical detail was said to be mind blowing (alot of developers seem to like that term) and 'looks exactly like the effects used in the movie'. You can alter your path, take shortcuts and the like while alot of the missions are central to the idea of chasing down baddies in city-wide chases. this has started a love or hate relationship with the new spidey game with some gamers happy about the idea of a spidey game being 'Less like GTA and more like the films' while others complain that the free-roaming GTA gameplay should not be removed. My personal opinion is that all the recent super hero games, spidey, Hulk, X-Men and the new superman, all feel like GTA with super powers. So i'm all for a reinvention of the gameplay.

Talking about revolution's cooking game, a group of fans have come up with the idea of turning it in to an iron Chef game. if you're fammiliar with the television show, then you'll instantly see how well it would work in a video game.

Could Iron Chef come to Revolution?
April 10th, 2006
It has been reported that Nintendo is creating a “Revolution Cooking Game” for its upcoming Nintendo Revolution. According to an IGN.com article (Source) it speaks about the game:

In an interview with Wired, EAD producer Hideki Konno confirmed that Nintendo had developed a Revolution title that revolved around the art of cooking. “We have this game with a big wok that you use to cook Chinese food, and it’s really interesting to have the meat and vegetables frying in there, and use the controller to flip the food around without it spilling out of the pan.” The official teaser trailer for the Revolution’s controller also showcased a sequence in which players appeared to be playing a cooking title. It is highly likely that the console will feature a wide assortment of new gameplay experiences, this being one of the very first.

What other way to tap into the “non-gamers” market then licensing this game with Food Network’s Iron Chef series (including Iron Chef America)? The popular television series has millions of Americans enjoy as they see the top chefs from around the world compete for the Iron Chef championship.

Food Network’s decription of the series is as follows:

Get ready for the seaweed and giant eels to start flying as Ultimate Fighting Champion meets Jacques Pepin in this Japanese-language hit. Each week, after the surprise ingredient is revealed, the challenger and the Iron Chef face off in a frenetic culinary battle. The guest panel judges the menus to determine who is victorious and who is vanquished. No matter whether the Iron Chef defends his title–you, the viewer, always win.

Nintendo could very well captilizing this title by advertising on daily soaps, talk shows and of course on the Food Network in the United States and Canada. At the same time not only would it have non-gamers interested, a WIFI compatible version of the game would even suit the casual gamer very well.

Although not much is known about the game at this time it would be suitable for Nintendo to release this game at launch so that while gamers speed for their favorite franchises, hardcore gamers buying their Red Steel’s, new gamers could be born.

I hope I get to play as Iron Chef French SAKAI, "it's like two swans embracing, on a lake, tucked in a light fog"

Currectly there is a major rumor that the constantly shifted release date for New Super Mario Bros is in its state of flux because Nintendo is trying to launch it along side the DS Lite. Expect Nintendo to pull an Apple from it's hat and release the DS Lite a week after E3 with the Opera Browser and Brain Training not far behind.

And finally, Odama releases this week, the real time war strategy pinball hybrid with voice recognition comes with the Game cube microphone, and hits stores... yesterday. :D

And finally, Microsoft bears its corporate, heartless dark-soul in a symbiotic relationship that is best described as sad, or evil, and probably both (also reminds of the McDonald's NES games back in the day).

from kotaku.com

Burger King To Sell Xbox 360 Games?

Hamburger flipper Burger King is considering a promotion that offers 3 exclusive BK-branded games. Each would feature their own characters (in this case, the actual Burger King) in “popular” genres (fighting, action and racing). The action game is apparently similar to Halo, while the fighter combines Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat. Just tack on a “with hamburgers,” and you get the drift.

Marketing research company Greenfield Online sent around a survey regarding the plan apparently and leaked some mock-up and concept images for the proposed campaign. Still in the conceptual stage apparently, the titles would go for US $4 and be compatible with both the original Xbox and the 360. This all makes sense as BK has already jumped into in-game advertising feet first.

But, four bucks for a 360 game? With the Angus Cheesy Bacon Steak Burger going for US $3.69 and Oblivion asking US $59.99, one of them is overpriced.

[Image: burgerking2.jpg]

*theme to the Omen*

THE BIOLOGICAL WASTE BYPRODUCT HAS COLLIDED WITH AIR DIRECTIONAL ROTATIONAL DEVICE - The Former DMiller - 11th April 2006

Are you sure EGM's new issue comes out the 20th? I just got my new subscription today that mentioned the Revolution info in the next issue and I thought the subscriptions come out before the store versions.

THE BIOLOGICAL WASTE BYPRODUCT HAS COLLIDED WITH AIR DIRECTIONAL ROTATIONAL DEVICE - lazyfatbum - 11th April 2006

DMiller!

'end of the month (april)' is the official date for the next issue of EGM, with NDA's ending on the 20th it's sure bet that they mean the 20th. As far as you getting it earlier through the mail, i have no clue.

This is too funny :D

Peter Molynuex of Lionhead asked for a Revolution in 2004?
April 10th, 2006
Joystiq.com has reported an interesting quote with a video from the maker of Fable who spoke about controllers at DICE 2004:

“I reckon, and this is a real personal point of view, the greatest innovation in hardware won’t come from the next graphics processor, or the next processor, or the next console, or even the next PC. Someone, somewhere will come up with an input device that enables us to do games that we haven’t even imagines before … somewhere, someone is going to come up with a second-generation controller because, I would argue, the controllers we have now were designed to actually move around 2D worlds, and they’ve been hybrided for 3D worlds, and they’re still not good enough, and the number of times you have to go through and re-jig your game because of the controllers.”

Although Lionhead was recently purchased by Microsoft, its interesting to note that a developer was asking for a Revolution in the way you play the game.

snap!

THE BIOLOGICAL WASTE BYPRODUCT HAS COLLIDED WITH AIR DIRECTIONAL ROTATIONAL DEVICE - A Black Falcon - 11th April 2006

Molyneux's style + Revolution would definitely be perfect... eh, oh well, his games haven't been that great since he left Bullfrog anyway. :) Now Dungeon Keeper, Syndicate, Populous yes, (though Populous has aged a bit) but Black & White, The Movies, and Fable? Good, but I think that the general perception that he isn't the same as he once was is mostly accurate...

Even so, given his originality and how he's shown a liking to stuff like gestures for commands (how you cast spells in Black & White, etc), it's too bad that he decided to get bought up by Microsoft. Let's just hope that Lionhead+MS goes better than Bullfrog+EA did...

THE BIOLOGICAL WASTE BYPRODUCT HAS COLLIDED WITH AIR DIRECTIONAL ROTATIONAL DEVICE - lazyfatbum - 12th April 2006

This is awesome, everyone knows that IGN is under NDA and effectively proved that they were when they failed to showcase any of the Red Steel shots on the Revolution channel. everyone also knows that many NDA's will be going kaput the 20th which is the exact date EGM, Nintendo Power (both claiming to have revolution games) and the Gameinformer website to have videos of Red Steel in action. But matt decided to put his two cents in; this is why I dont go to IGN anymore (and found this on a european blog :D):

---------------------------------
April 20: Get Ready
Yes. Get ready. Prepare yourself. Buckle up. Because ladies and gents, this is the day that 50 NDAs expire.

And that is, by the way, a load of crap.

Where did this rumor come from? Seriously. Stop e-mailing me about it. I have not signed any NDA that expires on April 20 and unless Nintendo is planning to spoil its E3 presence three weeks early, I seriously doubt anybody else has, either.

I am in talks with publishers about posting some of their Revolution stuff prior to E3. I like to think I'm fairly in-the-know where these titles are concerned. And I can't recall any company that is planning to reveal its Revolution game on April 20.

Red Steel has been the exception to the rule.

Nintendo has a stranglehold on all Revolution games -- to the point, in fact, where titles are very likely to be exclusively shown at Nintendo's E3 booth. Meaning, third parties won't be featuring any Revolution game at their respective booths, if hearsay is to be believed.

By the way, I'm pretty sure I know what the other secret feature is. Just thought I'd throw that out there.

Please murder April 20.

April 23, meanwhile, daaaaaammn...

Yeah, that's a joke. Do not start an April 23 rumor.

--------------------

Let's read that in slow motion:

1.) There will not be any Revolution games revealed april 20th

2.) IGN will reveal Revolution games april 20th

gufaw

Oh and this was in the comments where he posted this in his blog:

4/11 10:37pm, lego_maniac posted:
Matt-IGN posted:
And that is, by the way, a load of crap.

Where did this rumor come from? Seriously.

The rumor started on these boards, from your very own VIP, Paladin69, in this thread. He seemed pretty matter-of-fact about it:
Paladin69 posted:
I don't care about the secrecy anymore so I'll just say it.

You'll see a lot more of these 3rd party exclusives April 20th. Not sure if it will be from IGN or elsewhere, but that is the -TON day to look out for. Red Steel videos and more game screens/info of other titles.

The NDA's end for most 3rd party titles.

So go ask him what he's talking about, because that's where all this hoopla started.

----------

Okay, slow motion mode on:

1.) IGN starts a rumor on its own message boards claiming that april 20th there will be Revolution games revealed

2,) IGN says that IGN will reveal revolution games on april 20th

3.) Insider subscriptions UP

4.) quality and oveerall dignity of IGN DOWN

gufaw 2!

THE BIOLOGICAL WASTE BYPRODUCT HAS COLLIDED WITH AIR DIRECTIONAL ROTATIONAL DEVICE - Great Rumbler - 12th April 2006

I almost never go to IGN anymore. If they post anything worthwhile, it'll be up on GAF fairly quickly.

THE BIOLOGICAL WASTE BYPRODUCT HAS COLLIDED WITH AIR DIRECTIONAL ROTATIONAL DEVICE - A Black Falcon - 12th April 2006

Everyone knows that all good E3 news is released before the show starts, and often before the keynote addresses, so March 20 is possible... Nintendo being Nintendo, though, I doubt that it'll be as widespread in the scope of the release) as you suggest.

As for IGN, yeah, other places get news first... I've found blogs often do a pretty good job. That and looking at Gamespot/IGN for when they actually do get news first... well, and several other sites too. :) GameFAQs forums as well sometimes. IGN's videogaming forums are insufferable though... but it is true that more often updated, more populated places are more likely to get news sooner... because there are more people looking at the news sites. :) (that is, it's not that GAF gets the news first... it's that they have more people on news sites all the time to post it sooner.)

THE BIOLOGICAL WASTE BYPRODUCT HAS COLLIDED WITH AIR DIRECTIONAL ROTATIONAL DEVICE - lazyfatbum - 13th April 2006

yup, but as of right now, IGN, EGM, Nintendo Power and gameinformer's website, promise Revolution content on or 'around' April 20th. Whether it has anything to do with NDA's (it does) is irrelevent, thems picciesn'movies is comin.

THE BIOLOGICAL WASTE BYPRODUCT HAS COLLIDED WITH AIR DIRECTIONAL ROTATIONAL DEVICE - lazyfatbum - 14th April 2006

oh hey, whoever gets the next EGM, Nintendo Power or an account to gameinformer Online, be sure to make a thread for the respective catagory even if you cant scan the pictures to tell us what's up.

right now we're officially 5 and a half days from these mags going hot so some of you may get them early.

THE BIOLOGICAL WASTE BYPRODUCT HAS COLLIDED WITH AIR DIRECTIONAL ROTATIONAL DEVICE - lazyfatbum - 17th April 2006

Okay, so you heard about Nintendo pulling an Apple and releasing the DS Lite alonngside New Super Mario bros a week after E3, right? Well the official Nintendo mag UK says that the Revolution might be released october 27th. guess what was released around that time 20 years ago? :D If PS3 managed to hit its november release date (which is looking doubtful) this would give Nintendo a few weeks to get people excited with the rev.

the magazine scans for ONM are all over the place so i assume you've seen them, but here's a linky: http://gexnintendo.blogspot.com/2006/04/onm-revelations.html#links

Oh, and in other news, Nintendo and Sony have pruchased almost all of the E3 floor space. it's going to be a riot in there, especially if the PS3 is a no show or has huge lines to play a few working systems. But hell, even if both companies had 30 systems up and running they'll still have lines around the block. i guess MS will be on the second floor, they're a no-show on this map.

http://www.e3expo.com/_assets/pdfs/west_floor.pdf

THE BIOLOGICAL WASTE BYPRODUCT HAS COLLIDED WITH AIR DIRECTIONAL ROTATIONAL DEVICE - Great Rumbler - 17th April 2006

The next month or so is going to be insane...

THE BIOLOGICAL WASTE BYPRODUCT HAS COLLIDED WITH AIR DIRECTIONAL ROTATIONAL DEVICE - A Black Falcon - 17th April 2006

Nintendo's booth is large. :)

THE BIOLOGICAL WASTE BYPRODUCT HAS COLLIDED WITH AIR DIRECTIONAL ROTATIONAL DEVICE - lazyfatbum - 18th April 2006

Gamestop says:

Mario, Zelda, and Super Smash bros Online for Revolution - 59.99, ships october first.

hmmmm

THE BIOLOGICAL WASTE BYPRODUCT HAS COLLIDED WITH AIR DIRECTIONAL ROTATIONAL DEVICE - lazyfatbum - 18th April 2006

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ue4Bca8DbAQ&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fkotaku%2Ecom%2F

Mr. Belvedere reveals his evil ambitions on a unsuspecting Mushroom Kingdom... on ice!

...with Alyssa Milano! ...............?

The 80's were bad.... really, really bad.

THE BIOLOGICAL WASTE BYPRODUCT HAS COLLIDED WITH AIR DIRECTIONAL ROTATIONAL DEVICE - A Black Falcon - 18th April 2006

That was awful, wasn't it...

It's easily the number one reason to love/hate the 80's.

All that was missing was color changing t-shirts and a 3 foot mohawk with some Twisted Sister/Oingo Boingo playing in the background while someone watches Gremlins. Then i would have recalled every memory of my child hood in graphic detail.

From the guy who made the Nintendo On video (remember that?). It's weird, it counts down to E3 but it says to get a piece of paper, a pen and scissors ready. Any ideas?

http://www.psyco3ler.com/

THE BIOLOGICAL WASTE BYPRODUCT HAS COLLIDED WITH AIR DIRECTIONAL ROTATIONAL DEVICE - A Black Falcon - 18th April 2006

E3 countdown timer... nice...

... need to close it before I stare at it for hours...

THE BIOLOGICAL WASTE BYPRODUCT HAS COLLIDED WITH AIR DIRECTIONAL ROTATIONAL DEVICE - Dark Jaguar - 18th April 2006

Simple! The latest Nintendo system is going to be distributed via software! It'll tell you the rules of games and you'll use the power of your IMAGINATION to generate new and innovative game worlds at your leisure!

THE BIOLOGICAL WASTE BYPRODUCT HAS COLLIDED WITH AIR DIRECTIONAL ROTATIONAL DEVICE - cppcrusader - 18th April 2006

Oh Lazy, don't tell me you fell for that trash piece of news that isn't news.

Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft have the same booth space they've had for the last few years.

It kind of irks me that sites have been putting headlines of OMG NINTENDO AND SONY ACROSS FROM EACH OTHER WITH HUGE BOOTHS!!!!11!!1

the fact that it's sony and Nintendo isn't news, the fact that they're taking up almost the entire first floor is, with MS having a dinky showing on the second floor. The last time Nintendo's booth was this big, was back in the N64 unveiling.

What you have to realize is that alot of people are starting to get in to Nintendo again with all the hype of E3, so people like to see a 'competitor' to Sony. Alot of casual gameplayers dont even know that Nintendo is making a new system, so the hype machine is bridging it all together when people hear that Nintendo has a larger booth than Sony's.

I think someone's angry that they're not going to E3 :D

THE BIOLOGICAL WASTE BYPRODUCT HAS COLLIDED WITH AIR DIRECTIONAL ROTATIONAL DEVICE - The Former DMiller - 18th April 2006

Nintendo and Sony have always been in the same hall and Microsoft has always been in the other hall. It's pretty much because there isn't enough room in the first hall for three big booths, and Sony and Nintendo needed the big booths before MS so they have priority. I don't think things are any different than they have been in previous years.

Nintendo always has a huge booth, it's just a matter of degrees... but even so, it is impressive how big it is.

THE BIOLOGICAL WASTE BYPRODUCT HAS COLLIDED WITH AIR DIRECTIONAL ROTATIONAL DEVICE - lazyfatbum - 19th April 2006

file this under OBVIOUS

*RUMOR* Sega to release Nights sequel for Revo?
April 20th, 2006
Nights fans have been waiting a very long time for a juicy rumor like this. The latest issue of rumor section in Famitsu magazine contains a blurb about a possible Nights sequel popping up on the Revolultion. While this is in the rumor section of Famitsu, they are usually right on the money with their guesses. They are a very well informed and highly respected Japanese gaming publication, so I would take this story with a bigger grain of salt then usual!

Also worth noting is the fact that Famitsu claims their next issue will have the scoop on some upcoming Revolution games expected to show up at E3. Now I have to ask, is anyone here able to get a copy of Famitsu?!

---

Revolution's first original Virtual Console game?

Breaking: Hudson Flight Game to be Shown at E3
by Rob Galbreath (04/18/06)

According to an E3 Expo press release recently sent to Revolution Report staff, a flight game from Hudson has been confirmed to appear at the event.

The press release had the following written on the document:

"Flight Game" - Nintendo Revolution - Take to the skies in a way never before experienced on any home console. Using the Revolution's "Gesture System" built into their innovative controller, Hudson's new "Flight Game" allows total plane control as players pilot their planes through various acrobatic flight maneuvers ranging from sky artistry to bomb drops.

No other details about the game were disclosed.

As Nintendo President Satoru Iwata announced during this GDC 2006 keynote speech, Hudson is one of the hardware manufacturers who will be providing software titles from its TurboGrafx/PC-Engine and CD-ROM^2 machines for the Revolution's Virtual Console service. In addition, a Nintendo press release following Iwata's speech indicated that the Virtual Console feature had the potential to play host to original software. Whether this Flight Game is an original downloadable title or a fully-realized Revolution game has yet to be determined.

Revolution Report contacted Hudson, but they were unable to comment at the time of publish.

THE BIOLOGICAL WASTE BYPRODUCT HAS COLLIDED WITH AIR DIRECTIONAL ROTATIONAL DEVICE - cppcrusader - 19th April 2006

lazyfatbum Wrote:the fact that it's sony and Nintendo isn't news, the fact that they're taking up almost the entire first floor is, with MS having a dinky showing on the second floor. The last time Nintendo's booth was this big, was back in the N64 unveiling.

What you have to realize is that alot of people are starting to get in to Nintendo again with all the hype of E3, so people like to see a 'competitor' to Sony. Alot of casual gameplayers dont even know that Nintendo is making a new system, so the hype machine is bridging it all together when people hear that Nintendo has a larger booth than Sony's.

I think someone's angry that they're not going to E3 :D

None of that is news. MS isn't even the same hall, they're in the South Hall, just like they always have been. The size of all three booths are exactly the same as they have been the last few years.

The fact of the matter is that it was a slow news day and GameIndustry.biz, whom I used to think was a good site, got bored and tried to make some sensationalist news out of nothing.

As far as going to E3 goes, well, I've got a ton of work to do anyway. Of course, if the boss were to decide to send me anyway I wouldn't refuse.

THE BIOLOGICAL WASTE BYPRODUCT HAS COLLIDED WITH AIR DIRECTIONAL ROTATIONAL DEVICE - lazyfatbum - 19th April 2006

As I said if you would have read my post (especially after quoting it) is that interest in Nintendo is picking up from casual players, so seeing Nintendo with a larger booth next to sony is sparking alot of interest. the other side to it is that this is the largest Nintendo booth since the unveiling of the 64 and it's even bigger than that. Why you want to argue it's newsworthiness is beyond me, but it's just a blurb and nothing more.

THE BIOLOGICAL WASTE BYPRODUCT HAS COLLIDED WITH AIR DIRECTIONAL ROTATIONAL DEVICE - cppcrusader - 19th April 2006

Why do I want to argue it?

Frankly, I'm bored.

well why didn't you say so!?

*strips*

RIDE ME

I even brought a saddle! *makes dolphin sounds*

Katamari Creator -- Nintendo Revolution: Not Interested

By Rob Gordon

Prediction: Satoru Iwata does not invite Keita Takahashi to his birthday party.

When I was a wee boy, my mother always taught me never to burn bridges in life. After all, you never know if you'll ever have to cross 'em again, right? Needless to say, my mother did not raise Keita Takahashi, whose flame was on when talking about the Nintendo Revolution in upcoming interview with Game Developer.
Takahasi, creator of Katamari Damacy, said of the Revolution and its unique controller, "I'm not really interested in it. I don't think a controller should have that much influence on the enjoyment of games."

Not feeling particularly shy, he went on to say: "I see what [Nintendo is] trying to do, but they're putting such emphasis on the controller; 'Woah, this controller lets you do this!' and I'm thinking - are you messing with us?"

And finally, just to make sure that nobody could possibly misinterpret his feelings about the Revolution: "So, there's nothing I really want to do with it right now."

Say what you will about Keita, but he's certainly not shy about expressing his opinions in an honest and forthcoming way.

Hey, since he's not going to be working on any Nintendo Revolution games soon, perhaps he'd be interested in taking over Scott McLellan's newly-available gig.

-----

Too funny, a sony exclusive developer says he's not interested in Revolution. Even more bizarre is that the creator of Katamari is known for being open and free thinking, almost pop-idol-ish, and yet he wants it to be known that he dislikes Nintendo Revolution...I wonder if sony paid him to say it or if they just threatened him with another bad haircut.

DEAR GOD MAKE IT STOP

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDv85viSdpk&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Egonintendo%2Ecom%2F

I absolutely love two player bubble bobble, and the theme is one that every gameplayer knows, except now its orchestrated and arranged with samples, it's like a high quality audio seizure in your brain.

E3: The Drinking Game

Aim: not to die.

19th Apr 2006

Related Links Companies Microsoft
Sony
Nintendo
Link to This Article http://news.spong.com/article/9900

With the release of the final E3 floorplans yesterday, the Internet is alight with over-excited fanboys planning their 2006 E3 attack. SPOnG staff, it has to be said, are actually pretty pumped about what we are going to see and experience at the show this year.

We will (hopefully - finally) get our mitts on some playable PS3 demos, we will get to play some wonderful Revolution games and be blown away (we hope) by the controller, and we will hear a lot about how Microsoft aren’t really bothered about not being big in Japan.

However, what concerns us, perhaps more than anything else, is the 'even-for-us' Herculean task of managing to deal with all the free lager on offer. If we were to take every drink offered, we would die. Believe us, we have tried it in the past. The key to a successful E3, we have found through extensive research and years of physical and emotional pain, our secret that we are willing to share with you now is this – only drink one of three alcoholic beverages offered to you. Take the rest if offence might be caused, but just leave them and drink water instead. And don’t drink Red Bull. Ever.

So, with all this in mind we were happy to see that the guys over on Gamedaily have devised a clever E3 drinking game – in which you take a drink every time Sony, Microsoft or Nintendo come out with one of their well known by now ‘E3-isms’.
\ advertisement /

If you aren't lucky enough to be making it out to the E3 free-drinkathon this year, you might want to drown your sorrows whilst you try this fun game as you follow SPOnG’s up-to-the-minute coverage of each of the three main E3 conferences from our team on the ground - who, it should be made clear, have all taken a vow of sobriety. Well, they've all vowed to stay sober until 6pm of each day of the show at least. What you choose as your poison for this fun E3 drinking game is your business. Although if you die of acute alcohol poisoning, we cannot be held responsible.

Microsoft

Last year's Microsoft press con was a mixture of good and bad. On one hand, the company gave out 5,000 limited edition Xbox 360 face plates and thousands of people made 100% profits off eBay, but on the other, the registration tent really sucked, the audience was littered with actors that cheered whenever anything was shown/said, Perfect Dark Zero was nowhere to be found, and the games didn't look all that impressive. Actually, come to think of it, Microsoft's press con was pretty bad, but this year could be really sweet, what with second generation games, Halo 3 rumors, and possible Xbox Live Arcade announcements (to trump Nintendo's Virtual Console).

Take a sip when/if:

The planted actors cheer.

J Allard lightly jogs onto the stage.

It's Peter Moore's turn to speak.

Microsoft plays a cut-scene in which Bill Gates/Steve Ballmer pretend to be kids.

Microsoft discusses Viva Pinata (take another sip if five minutes pass and Microsoft is still discussing Viva Pinata).

Microsoft says that Viva Pinata is its biggest game of 2006.

Microsoft shows off a Rare title that isn't Viva Pinata.

Someone bashes Sony.

Peter Moore flaunts his latest tat.

Halo 3/Forerunner is shown.

Microsoft discusses the battle in Japan and how it's not giving up the fight.

They drag out someone from Square Enix, who then proceeds to announce a PS2 game that's being 'enhanced' for Xbox 360.

Microsoft knocks Blu-Ray and/or discusses the Xbox 360's HD-DVD add on.

Someone from EA demos a game or is involved in a segment starring a pro athlete/group of pro athletes.

Nintendo

Microsoft and Sony do a decent job, but there's no hotter ticket than Nintendo's pre E3 press con. In the past, Nintendo's presentations (more like house parties) are riotous affairs where every closet Nintendo fan elects to act like a teenage schoolgirl that's just caught a glimpse of her favorite boy band.

This year is going to be off the chain because Nintendo will not only discuss Revolution in great detail, but it'll also show off some games and possibly announce a launch date (we suppose). We're very curious how the company plans to demo these titles, simply because it's going to be interesting to see if they can effectively demonstrate the controller to such a large audience. But regardless of what happens, expect all of the attendees (except us) to scream their heads off and then run back to their hotels and bash Nintendo in forums so they remain 'cool'.

Take a sip when/if:

Reggie is introduced.

Reggie pulls a portable system from his breast pocket (we're betting on it being a DS Lite).

Reggie mentions "kicking ass."

Reggie discusses how Nintendo's learned from its mistakes.

The audience thunderously applauds (this will happen quite a bit).

Someone mentions anything about 'pillars'.

Someone mentions how huge DS is, particularly in Japan.

Someone discusses Nintendo's Blue Ocean strategy.

DS Lite is shown.

New Super Mario Bros. is shown.

Someone discusses market disruption.

Someone doesn't mention Microsoft or Sony by name.

Nintendo shoves random videogame celebrities on stage and forces them to battle Bill Trinnen.

Iwata tells jokes.

Iwata says "Nintendo Difference."

The Revolution console is shown.

Nintendo finally unveils the Revolution's official name.

Nintendo reveals a Revolution launch date.

A Revolution game is shown.

Nintendo says anything about the Game Boy Micro.

The classic gaming download service is shown/discussed.

Miyamoto hits the stage (take two more sips if he comes out with props and/or is dressed like a videogame character).

Sony

Up until last year, Sony's press conferences were quite drab and uninteresting. Rather than break out the games and dazzle its audience, Kaz Hirai and company would lull us to sleep with nonsensical graphs and crazed psychobabble where they overhype their technology. But in 2005, Sony wowed the crowd by showing off several PS3 'demos' which turned out to be nothing more than slick looking FMVs, so there was still a lot of BS, except the BS was at the time easily digestible.

This year, we expect Sony to let it all hang out. There should be plenty of PS3 goodies on stage, though we're not so sure if we'll be seeing gameplay or not. There's bound to be a couple graphs tossed into the presentation for good measure as well as plenty of talk about how Sony's been head butting its competition for more than a decade, but we also think that the company's on the right track to producing a kick ass pre E3 press con, and with that being said, we expect some fireworks...and lies.

Take a sip when/if:

Kaz Hirai comes on stage.

Kaz takes any shots at Nintendo (take another sip if he says the words "gaming ghetto").

Kaz criticizes Microsoft's Xbox 360 worldwide launch.

Sony displays a graph/chart of any kind.

Said charts show how much more powerful the PS3 is to any electronics device on the planet and possibly the universe.

Kaz refers to units shipped (take two sips if he actually mentions units sold...this won't actually happen).

Kutaragi takes the stage.

Kaz/Kutaragi make some asinine claim about how the PS3 is going to be like/transport us to [insert impossible claim here].

Sony trashes Microsoft or Nintendo.

Epic shows off an Unreal demo.

David Jaffe comes out to discuss God of War 2.

David Jaffe is wearing a Jaws t-shirt.

Sony shows a PS3 demo (take two sips for every demo that doesn't look real time).

Phil Harrison takes the stage.

Sony mentions micro transactions.

Sony shows Warhawk.

Sony shows MotorStorm.

Sony shows Killzone (perform a toast if last year's footage was in fact real time).

Sony shows a demo with rubber ducks.

Anything about the PS3's price is revealed (finish your cup/bottle if it's $500 or more).

The PS3's controller is shown (take ten sips if it's still the boomerang).

Someone from EA demos a game or is involved in a segment where a pro athlete/group of pro athletes take the stage.

Sony announces new features for its PSP.

A new PSP title is announced/shown.

A representative from Insomniac or Naughty Dog demonstrate a PS3 title.

Sony actually has a sound online strategy. Hell, drink if Sony actually has an online strategy.

-----

knee SLAP!