Tendo City
Celda Lives! Celda Lives!!! - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Thread: Celda Lives! Celda Lives!!! (/showthread.php?tid=3622)

Celda Lives! Celda Lives!!! - Smoke - 23rd March 2006

Quote:Iwata also revealed for the first time that a new game called The Legend of Zelda®: Phantom Hourglass would be released for Nintendo DS later this year.
IGN

Quote:We are getting some reports from Joystiq staff Vladimir Cole and Christopher Grant while they attend the GDC Nintendo keynote. We'll elaborate more later, but for now here's what we've got:

* "Celda" on the Nintendo DS: Phanton Hourglass?
* Sega Genesis and Turbo Grafx titles will be available on Nintendo Revolution's Virtual console.
* Hudson games, too.
* No announcement about the game--a press release did go out during the conference (as posted in the comments) that still called the upcoming console "The Revolution"

More as it develops--this'll be one of those often-updated posts.
Joystiq

Celda Lives! Celda Lives!!! - Great Rumbler - 23rd March 2006

We need some pictures ASAP!!

Check it: http://www.nintendo-europe.com/NOE/en/GB/news/article.do?elementId=5JIzKiVx5r0Gu_uNPnTPRZMbliXeeJM1

Celda Lives! Celda Lives!!! - lazyfatbum - 23rd March 2006

It looks awesome! it's WW + Four Swords! did you see them drawing the path for the boomerang to travel on? and drawing the ship's course? that means that when you're in the now steam-powered boat, you can focus all your attention to killing enemies or mastering puzzles instead of navigating! and apparently time travel is a part of the gameplay! AAAAHHH *becomes a liqued*

Celda Lives! Celda Lives!!! - Dark Jaguar - 23rd March 2006

Has it been stated yet that it is going to be cell shaded? It would be impressive to see the DS pull it off to any decent degree.

watch the video!

There is indeed a video!

Video? Oh, there's a link hidden in that Nintendo page. Also, it seems Smoke didn't just underline words, those are hyperlinks, with pictures. That's sufficient. Okay, looks interesting.

Celda Lives! Celda Lives!!! - A Black Falcon - 23rd March 2006

http://ds.advancedmn.com/article.php?artid=3481

Looks good...

it looks beautiful, watch the video to see the fluid animation, they captured the WW style perfectly.

if you notice in the shots and video, it's being played on a DS Lite... you think Nintendo is hinting at DS Lite and Zelda: PH releasing simultaneously?

The DS Lite is already out in Japan. I'm expecting the Lite to come to our shores before PH is even complete.

that's more likely, yes. And when i took a second look, that's not a DS lite they're playing on. It's an original DS.

Celda Lives! Celda Lives!!! - Sacred Jellybean - 23rd March 2006

It looks awesome! The stylus is perfect for controlling the boomerang like that.

you could litteraly have areas where you have to aim your boomerang in to a tiny hole, enter the next room, grab something specific around obsticles, then have it return through the small hole, or a different room... that you had to run to get your boomang back because if you're not fast enough Ukiki will steal it and use it to beat Rupees out of other monkies..... giant puzzle rooms where you need to draw the boomerang's path around 30 different objects while only having 3 inches of 'drawing ability' :D .....*LIQUED*

Celda Lives! Celda Lives!!! - Sacred Jellybean - 23rd March 2006

I can't wait to trace a huge squiggly line across the screen and watch the boomerage follow the path. :D Or cross it eight times over on an enemy and watch him get bitchslapped back and forth.

*prays for a high limit on how far you can throw the boomerang*

hahaha it will probably use some kind of meter that will either be upgradable to have a longer meter (nintendogs) or the boomerang will have limited flight while the *omg* MAGICAL boomerang has an unlimited meter.

Yep, lots of puzzle options. This has been discussed many times in the past.

you're a racist.

Celda Lives! Celda Lives!!! - A Black Falcon - 23rd March 2006

Watched the movie... very interesting, it's 2d-style Zelda with 3d graphics...

Yeppers. And I'm looking forward to playing a game starring a bunch of mud people, otherwise known as hylians. I call them "pointy eared freaks". They can have their own culture though, just keep those ears out of my country! Because I'm a real American proud cultural personage! Round ear pride!

Celda Lives! Celda Lives!!! - Paco - 24th March 2006

That looks like fun. Maybe I missed it, release date?

DS is quickly becoming a must-have, imo.

Celda Lives! Celda Lives!!! - Great Rumbler - 24th March 2006

I don't know about an exact release date, but it's supposed to be sometime this year. I wouldn't be surprised if it was on or close to the release date of Twilight Princess.

Celda Lives! Celda Lives!!! - lazyfatbum - 24th March 2006

May is going to be interesting. Remember when Apple annonced at a press event that the Ipod nano is going to release.... NEXT WEEK and everyone shit a brick? releasing it like a week or so right after they officially unveiled it.... heh.....

*POINTS TO JUNE*