Tendo City
No GameCube Love from Enix - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Thread: No GameCube Love from Enix (/showthread.php?tid=361)

Pages: 1 2 3

No GameCube Love from Enix - A Black Falcon - 3rd March 2003

So?

No GameCube Love from Enix - Dark Jaguar - 3rd March 2003

Yeah, we need to make sure that stuff is easily understandable to the target audience.

:lovelycow:

We have newbies? Where? When? Confused Confused Confused

:D

Seriously, I like it... and if you don't, then all I can say is that I don't care because you are warcraft-deprived and all I can do is pity you... :)

No GameCube Love from Enix - Dark Jaguar - 3rd March 2003

Just to make it clear (your grin smily might mean you already get it but...), I was pointing out how the smilies don't need to be something EVERYONE can understand.

Isn't that right shiggy? Eek

Nah, I think the newbie greeter was a better example...

:bang:

No one ever seems to be able to tell when I'm joking...

Though it is true we don't get newbies.

Oh, and do I need to say again that the only way you could dislike that troll is if you'd never played War3, in which case you should have done that months ago?

Its true...

Though if someone really wanted to I wouldn't mind if it was bigger... I just wouldn't want anything else as the troll other than the one from War3... :)

And the spearthrowing animation is great and critical to the pic, imo...

:troll:

Isn't it cool?

No GameCube Love from Enix - Dark Jaguar - 4th March 2003

*Human Paladin dies*

Oh thanks a lot!

No GameCube Love from Enix - OB1 - 4th March 2003

Quote:ABF, the issue isn't that the icon is not a troll, it's that someone UNFAMILIAR with WCIII would have NO CLUE what it is, like OB1 and I.

Quote:Yeah, we need to make sure that stuff is easily understandable to the target audience.

Right, and since the only times we'll have trolls will be if new people come here. If we show them the Warcraft troll they'll be like "What? What's that robot for?".

No GameCube Love from Enix - A Black Falcon - 4th March 2003

Ummm... why are you so insistent on misquoting DJ? I don't get it... I'd think you weren't that stupid...

Quote:Just to make it clear (your grin smily might mean you already get it but...), I was pointing out how the smilies don't need to be something EVERYONE can understand.

Hey stupid-face, I don't read all of his posts. It gives me a headache.

But even I could tell based just on that post that he wasn't serious!

Just read my reply to it...

It's impossible to tell when DJ is serious.

But whatever the case is, that's wrong. If you want it to be a little inside joke for a few people, then keep the troll. But if you want real forum trolls to know what the hell is it, you'll have to use something else.

:D

Oh, and I don't think that in that case it was hard at all to tell DJ was joking once you consider what he'd said before in the thread about the subject... if that's the only post of his in the thread you might believe it, but otherwise... umm, it obviously disagreed with what he had stated his opinion was... and was pretty clearly a joke...

If even I could tell that... wow, you really have no sense of whats humor or not at all, do you...

I assumed it was obvious based on the pic in that very post...

Oh well, no matter, but yes I suspected you did get it ABF, I just wasn't completely sure. Typing just isn't complete communication, as voice tone (and my hilarious gestures, they are frickin' hilarious, like the dancing crab man in the Jesus flash animation, just trust me....MEEEEEEEE) The only answer is more smilies, and of course, PROPRIETARY usage of them to indicate mood at all times.

Dude, there was no smiling smily at the end of that sentence that would indicate that DJ was joking. Here's what he wrote:

Quote:Yeah, we need to make sure that stuff is easily understandable to the target audience.

Where's the joke in that? I don't get it.

Uh... the picture right after it... :hammer:

You didn't see the irony in my posting of a massive picture of what we greet newbies with right after claiming our smilies should be easily understandable?

I don't see the connection. The welcome cow is perfectly understandable, while the troll is not.

No GameCube Love from Enix - Sacred Jellybean - 4th March 2003

The cow picture is an inside joke to ALL Tendo City members, and initiates newbies to become <strike>mindless drones</strike> members to Tendo <strike>Cult</strike> City, while the troll picture is just a lame character taken from a game that only a few of us have and can appreciate.

THERE'S A DIFFERENCE, GOD DAMMIT! :love:

The lovely cow is from a game only ONE of us has and can fully appreciate. None of you truly know it's beauty except me, Thidney, some spiders, and a guy named Jack! Therein lies the beauty...

I am jeleous of thou...

Yeah... why should we pander to the lowest common denominator? It would result with nothing good...

Oh, and a Rolleyes for anyone who says anything bad about warcraft III. A Mad , too. :)

You can never admit when you're wrong, can you? Just admit that the WC3 troll is confusing for people that haven't played WC3 and therefor isn't very useful as a troll smily.

Quote: the WC3 troll is confusing for people that haven't played WC3

Maybe true. Probably not, but maybe.. it is pretty small. But as I've said 5 times now in that thread, I don't care... :)

Tsk tsk. Can't even admit defeat when you're so blatantly wrong.

Umm... I already said I might be wrong... but it doesn't matter because how a newbie would see it isn't the point...

No GameCube Love from Enix - WhiteFleck - 4th March 2003

Simple! If a newbie came to troll they are probably 1) Stupid, and B) stupid. So there'd really be no hope for them knowing we won't stand for their trolls.

You know, the idea that trolls would be confused by what we mean by the icon is actually amusing to me anyway. When all else fails, confuse them!

No GameCube Love from Enix - A Black Falcon - 6th March 2003

I don't get why we'd care whether newbie trolls would know if its a troll or not... as said, its not like they'd listen either way...