Tendo City
No GameCube Love from Enix - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Thread: No GameCube Love from Enix (/showthread.php?tid=361)

Pages: 1 2 3

No GameCube Love from Enix - A Black Falcon - 1st March 2003

You deny saying how irrelevant it is and insulting being a SW fan, then do it again? Umm...

Quote: Wow, to have it explained to me and me forget right after says either something about my memory or something about how minor an event that must have been to me...

No GameCube Love from Enix - Dark Jaguar - 1st March 2003

Don't take it too seriously. I never meant to make you cry... I didn't "deny" it though. I just made it clear I have no beef about it at all. I just find it amusing is all. Taking yourself less seriously and being willing to totally insult and destroy your own ego is an important step in life. I'm sorry if I sounded serious, but I didn't mean a thing I said there, except that it really is pointless of course, but that's only because I think of all the stuff I'm a nerd about as pointless. Let me make it clear that it was in response to you calling me an idiot for not knowing that.

I know that you're not serious a lot of the time... but its such a blatant contradiction when you say one thing and then the opposite...

I also know you're a fan on this level of plenty of stuff so I don't see why you're sort of making fun of it.

What's to see? I make fun of MYSELF and everything I believe in. It's a healthy thing.

But its not nice... Mad

:)

Really though, all the attacks I made were against myself more than you. Whenever I do that its' to remind myself that I shouldn't take my nerdy obsessions too seriously. Since it's so obvious that I myself am exactly like you (remember that talk about maintaining LTTP to exacting specifications?), you should have realized how hilarious I was being then. Don't take it seriously because it's not a real insult. It's a joke insult. Think of it like when Homer insults someone on The Simpsons. Like when he says "Everyone is wrong but me". It's funny like that. You should in fact think of yourself and the world in 3rd person as though it's a comedy show.

You were just being very annoying... and acting like a clueless person intent on showing that its irrelevant...

Which is absurd, of course... doesn't everyone here know that "nerdy obsessions" are good and obsessing over them is perfectly normal? :)

OK, maybe not exaclty normal, but its not bad...

No GameCube Love from Enix - OB1 - 1st March 2003

:troll:

Me, or him? :)

Gah, that doesn't look anything like a troll. I don't care which game it's from, when you look at it you don't think troll, you think "medieval spear throwing guy".

Use this instead: [Image: troll.jpg]

Now that's a troll!

Quote:Originally posted by A Black Falcon
Me, or him? :)

DJ, of course.

The Warcraft III Troll Spearman is cool...

But it doesn't look like a traditional troll! When posters come here to troll and you throw out that little gif, they're not going to get it.

Well too bad. Its better... :)

Oh, and is that me or him its for?

I already told you. Look up.

Look, that WC troll doesn't look like a troll so it's useless.

Yes it does! It looks exactly like a troll should... and its throwing a spear, like trollers and their posts meant to inflame... :)

Oh, and yeah, I didn't really think you meant me, but I posted last and you didn't specify so I couldn't be certain.

It sure makes a lot more sense in this case applied to DJ.

It does not look like a troll. Remember the last time a troll came in here? Someone posted that pic and he just went "what the hell is that?". It's not very effective.

Well if all you fools had played Warcraft III it'd look like a troll to you too...

No GameCube Love from Enix - Dark Jaguar - 2nd March 2003

Well I apologize then. However, I don't actually MEAN what I actually mean! Don't you know, I make fun of the things I actually believe in. I go all out, and insult every last facet in all the ways I think others will attack it. It's a defense mechanism, so I can see for myself what exactly will be used against me and either change myself due to what I just revealed about myself or get a good argument against my own argument. Just because I mean what I say doesn't mean I believe what I mean, it's a double depth! Maybe I really am a schizo... Oh, my point is that I wasn't making fun of you, or your "lifestyle" or whatever. Why can't I just say the whole business of nerdyness is worthless without offending anyone? :D

Oh, and that does too look like a frickin' troll, you troll! Do I have to post the zoomed pic of it's face again? Maybe we should use that instead!

No GameCube Love from Enix - OB1 - 2nd March 2003

You guys must have read the wrong fairy tale books when you were kids if you honestly think that thing looks like a troll. That's doesn't look anything like a troll!

No GameCube Love from Enix - A Black Falcon - 2nd March 2003

I think poor deluded OB1 here needs to play some more Warcraft...

No GameCube Love from Enix - OB1 - 2nd March 2003

You're making the assumption that every troll who comes in here has played Warcraft. That's the only way they'd recognize that spear-throwing troll guy. But not everyone has played WC so it's not a very effective smily.

No GameCube Love from Enix - A Black Falcon - 2nd March 2003

No I'm not...

I just don't care if other people don't think its a troll. I do, and DJ does... dunno about anyone else here because I don't know of anyone else that played warcraft 3... but its a nice troll. Perfect, IMO.

No GameCube Love from Enix - Dark Jaguar - 2nd March 2003

I thought it looked like a troll the first time I saw it elsewhere... I mean, weird skin, tribal clothes, spiked tusks and pointy ears. Well, the last two are hard to see.

[Image: headhunter.gif]

When you zoom in on the model, this is what you see. How can you say that's not trollish? Besides that, there are many types of troll looks. There's the one you posted, and the LOTR trolls, and the trolls on David the Gnome.

No GameCube Love from Enix - big guy - 2nd March 2003

and the warcraft troll says "whatchu want me kill?" he's pretty rad.

No GameCube Love from Enix - A Black Falcon - 3rd March 2003

See? We're not the only ones...

Oh, plus this troll animates and that one you posted doesn't. :)

No GameCube Love from Enix - Dark Jaguar - 3rd March 2003

I suppose the best version would be an animated zoom in of the WC3 troll, but hey watchu gonna do?

No GameCube Love from Enix - OB1 - 3rd March 2003

I used to watch David the Gnome all of the time! But he's a gnome, not a troll.

No GameCube Love from Enix - WhiteFleck - 3rd March 2003

So THAT'S what that icon meant. I have to agree with OB1, because I had absolutely NO idea what was going on. I see the spear, I'm confused. But not anymore! We should change it anyways.

No, not the star of the show, I was saying trolls FROM the show David the Gnome. Remember? They kept turning to stone, but in the night they reverted?

Okay then, I guess a change would work, but it MUST be changed to an close up shot of it (like what I put up there), animated preferebly.

Thank you, Whitey. I told you guys that you were wrong about this. It just doesn't look like a troll.

No GameCube Love from Enix - Sacred Jellybean - 3rd March 2003

^ As I said in Multiconsole City, that in NO WAY resembles a troll. It looks like some kind of weird spear-wielding android with a red mohawk and brown cuordoroy pants.

Indeed!

How does that look like a robot? How I ask you? It's got blue skin, not silver "skin"! Why would a robot throw a spear anyway? There's no way a robot could be fighting anything that a spear would actually be any good against. Do you not see the tusks and pointy ears and ugly facial appearence? That is as troll as troll can get without crawling out from under a bridge, which by the way these guys DO occasoinally!

Do I need to post the zoomed in pic again? None of you are disputing the zoomed in pic it seems, so apparently it's just the overhead perspective that's gettin' ya.

(Due to the lack of any discernment on some people's part, please note that the above is "mock anger", meant to mock anger itself. This statement is also joke based, made out of Seinfeldia and a little Sinbadite. Robinwillium is still too unstable yet to form online jokes.)

The zoomed pic looks fine, but that gif isn't zoomed in now is it? And yeah he does kinda look like a robot. That shiny blue skin looks a lot like metal. Why would a robot be throwing a spear? Who knows! Why do you assume that all robots have some sort of laser weapon? What if the robot lost his blaster and had to use a spear?? And why can't he be fighting humans or animals, who could easily be killed by spears?? HUH??!!! HUH?!!

YEAH I THOUGH SO!!

No! Don't change it!

This is a island (jungle?) troll spearthrower from warcraft 3.

This is the same troll, closeup.

[Image: headhunter.gif]

Here are some new pics from http://www.war3.com .

[Image: headhunter.jpg][Image: headhunter.gif]

Here's a forest troll axethrower, circa warcraft 2.

[Image: w2troll.gif][Image: axethrowerico.gif]

[Image: w2berserker.gif][Image: berserkerico.gif]

By the way Warcraft III also has the Troll Witch Doctor.

[Image: witchdoctor.jpg][Image: witchdoctor.gif]

Oh, and the War3 expansion adds two new Troll units...

the Shadow Hunter troll hero
[Image: shadowhunter.jpg][Image: shadowhunter.gif]

and the Troll Batrider
[Image: batrider.jpg][Image: batrider.gif]

They are all trolls... and that animation is perfect. Unless someone wants to make a bigger one?

They look like trolls up-close, but not in that zoomed out gif. And it's four against one, so :shake:

Umm... where in the world do you get 3 against one??? I see 3 on our side...

Erm

Whitey is with me, Jellybean is with me, and now DJ is with me (I guess). You are the only one that stands by the troll smily. Who are the other two on your side?

Ever delusional, ever stubborn, ABF.

DJ isn't on your side...

Oh, and based on his comment it looks like big guy likes the troll.

Pfft, spears can't kill humans any more, that's why we have guns! Tell ya what, I'll give you a spear and send you into a battlefield. I don't care HOW skilled you are, this isn't anime and you WILL die if you don't use a gun. Pick and choose what parts of this were a joke.

I'm not on anyone's "side" here. That does so look like a troll, but maybe a zoomed animation would of it be better. Before it gets replaced the replacement MUST be animated. That's the rule!

ABF: Dj said this:

Quote:Okay then, I guess a change would work, but it MUST be changed to an close up shot of it (like what I put up there), animated preferebly.

I guess that means he's with me, Whitey, and beanjo. And big guy only said that the troll was cool, not that he looks like a troll.

So we're winning! BOO YAH!!

OB1, you are deluded.

Quote:I'm not on anyone's "side" here. That does so look like a troll, but maybe a zoomed animation would of it be better. Before it gets replaced the replacement MUST be animated. That's the rule!

He edited his post. Well that's still three against one.

That said that BEFORE you posted your response :D.

Anyway, fine, you guys get what you want, a smily for overly sickeningly sweet stuff!

Glurge

There, the glurge smily!

It is only 3 to 1 to your deluded self, OB1... and I'd hardly call this a scientific poll of the TC forums... :)

Please explain to me how it's not 3:1 (ABF proving a point? Never!). On my side there is clearly Whitefleck and Jellybean, and on your side there's you. And if you get big guy on your side then that's still 3:2 in my favor. So you can kiss my shiny metal ass. :shake:

Quote:That said that BEFORE you posted your response

It wasn't there before I clicked on the reply button.

Ooh, 6 members commented and half of them agree with you! Clearly that proves you're correct!

Doesn't look that shiny to me, and more to the point, once again you seem to be confusing something that clearly isn't metallic in appearence for metal.

No GameCube Love from Enix - WhiteFleck - 3rd March 2003

ABF, the issue isn't that the icon is not a troll, it's that someone UNFAMILIAR with WCIII would have NO CLUE what it is, like OB1 and I.