Tendo City
No GameCube Love from Enix - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Thread: No GameCube Love from Enix (/showthread.php?tid=361)

Pages: 1 2 3

No GameCube Love from Enix - Weltall - 28th February 2003

Enix: Games Only For PS2 and GameBoy Advance

Enix has stated that they will not develop any GameCube or Xbox games.

According to a recent issue of Quiter Magazine, Enix will not develop for the GameCube or the Xbox. Enix has stated that all of the games in development and currently planned in the future are for the PS2 and Game Boy Advance. They claim most of those titles will be for the PS2.

It will be interesting to see how this "pans" out now that the company is SquareEnix.

We'll keep you posted

Source: GamerFeed

No GameCube Love from Enix - OB1 - 28th February 2003

Not surprising considering how they've always stated that they're only going to support the leading consoles. Good to know that they plan on supporting the GBA!

No GameCube Love from Enix - Dark Jaguar - 28th February 2003

The deal hasn't been fully worked out, but it does seem that this could mean some thing regarding Square. Eh, we'll see. Still, I can understand why they would only want to bother making games for the systems that are most popular.

What are you suggesting that Square mght cancel their Gamecube games? That's not possible considering the fact that Nintendo is funding the development of Crystal Chronicle and any other GC games Square is working on.

No GameCube Love from Enix - A Black Falcon - 28th February 2003

Um, this is new news? Enix never had any plans of any Cube or X-Box games, and there's no new info on how or if that'll change Square's after they merge...

It's not new news, but it is news.

Oh come on, if it's not new info, it's not news. That's why it's called news! Otherwise, it's just info.

It's news because Enix confirmed it. Kinda like how everyone is getting all worked up about George Lusa saying that he's not going to put the original versions of the SW trilogy on DVD, even though he announced it a couple fo years ago.

I'm sure he'll change his mind though.

Big deal, the new ones are superior aren't they?

I think so, at least. But many people still want to see the original ones for various reasons (mainly because they want Han to shoot Greedo first, but mostly to preserve the original versions of the films). However, Lucas changes his mind on these things all of the time so I'm sure we'll get the original versions someday.

I thought the original series DVDs were going to come out after Ep.3 "when he has time to make them really good" or something like that...

Yes but right now he says that they're not going to be the original 70's and 80's versions. Some people think that they're going to be the special editions but they're actually going to be the special special editions, or the Archive Editions as they're being called. Lucas is going to add some new scenes and fix a lot of the special effects so that the movies tie together with the prequels better.

That probably would be alright... as long as he doesn't mess up the story any more. I never thought the DVDs would contain the original version anyway... I remember that the last VHS version of the originals was called the last release of the standard movie... while it would be great to see both versions (or even all three, if he makes them 'Super Special Editions' like it looks likely) on the DVDs, I doubt it'll happen. Oh well... it would still be great to have them on DVD... and there's always the VHS tapes (well I have the original version tapes anyway...) for that version.

There are a few story elements that need to be added to the OT in order for them to be more closely connected to the prequels. Remember, all six movies are supposed to be seperate chapters of a single book, so to speak. Here are some of the things that have been rumored or confirmed to be in the Archive Editions:

-Vader's Theme/Imperial March added into Episode IV (confirmed)
-A Senate Scene showing the complete overtaking of the Republic by Palpatine (rumor, and most likely a flash-back scene)
-Replacement of the guy who played as The Emperor in ESB with Ian McDiarmid (rumor)
-Re-doing Vader's lines in ANH to make him sound more like Vader from ESB and RotJ (rumor)
-A Padme flashback scene from Leia's POV (rumor)

And a few others. Go to the theforce.net boards for more info.

Haha, Han shooting enemies in different order, wha?

I think the entire enemy fleet should be stalfos, everybody stalfos!

Quote: Haha, Han shooting enemies in different order, wha?

Are you truly that ignorant about Star Wars?

Oh, and most of those could be good, if done well... but I don't know. There is something to be said about leaving it alone... while some of the improvements in the Special Edition were nice, others weren't so great... and if he does it again and even more dramatically, I don't know which way it'll go.

Still, it would be good for the special effects and stuff to be boosted somewhat... to make it less obvious that the movies are so much older if you watch them all...

These are George's movies, his vision. If he feels that the OT is incomplete then there should be no problem with him fine-tuning it to fit in with the prequels more smoothly.

Yeah... but the Special Edition was supposed to be that way too... and while I did like them overall, a few things like Greedo shooting first were just wrong...

What? Some alternate shooting order in the newer versions is actually some blatently obvious info to SW fans?

If that's the case, then yes I freely admit I'm SO ignorant about Star Wars that I don't know the minor nitpicks regarding version changes :D. I just watched the movies, I didn't make a religion out of it and ask the Australian government to recognize it!

You truly are that ignorant... Eek

I thought everyone knew about Han shooting first...

Oh, and its not minor, fool! Mad

:)

I have no problem with Han shooting first. I think it's ridiculous how so many fans cry about it. "It shows his growth!" Oh bullshit! Why does he have to be a bad guy? The problem I do have however, is how fake it looked.

And the OT is going to have to look a hellovalot better in order to make it look like the sequels to the PT. After Lucas is all done with the movies the proper viewing order will be the way the movies are numbered, and it would look out of place it the OT still looks the way it does today.

Just be happy that Lucas is still alive to do all of this. We'll still have the original versions, but for those of us that want all of the movies to be as one whole, this is a very good thing. Tolkien wanted to add some stuff to the 'Rings books but never had a chance to. Apparently one of those changes was giving Arwen a larger role.

Yeah, I don't understand why some SW fans hated the Special Editions so much... most of the things that it changed were improvements for sure. Probably the biggest problem is that they don't go far enough... some stuff is upgraded, but so much isn't that it only helps a small amount. If he does another remake I would like to actually see a extensive revamping of the effects... it would take quite a while I bet, but it'd be worth it. Unlike some SW 'fans', I still think that Lucas makes great movies...

But Han shooting first was just dumb. And yes, it did look really, really lame effectswise, which sure didn't help... I can't think of any other real issues with the special edition, though, and I liked the special effects and CG improvements they did... I hope now they can improve on that... like redoing the lightsabers in the battle between Obi-Wan and Vader...

It looked dumb because of the crappy special effects, but why was it dumb, plot-wise? I never thought that Han shooting first added to the character.

If it was the first time I was watching the movie, maybe it wouldn't seem dumb plotwise... but it actually changed a major plot point... the other changes modified stuff of course but I can't think of anything else that actually changed what happened... it just added stuff, like Jabba in ANH...

As for the characters, it makes Greedo look even stupider and Han less of a scoundrel/smuggler/whatever... not by a lot, but by a little... but it was enough to be annoying.

The SE actuallly compliments the Han Solo trilogy books since he wasn't a bad person in them. You of all people should know that.

I do believe ONLY Star Wars fans know about that. Not once in talking with a few casual movie goers did anyone ever mention it back when these first came out. They talked about how stepping on young Pizza the Hut's tail was hilarious is all. Han didn't even look like he cared.

Anyway, what the HECK are you talking about? Who shot first WHERE? When did whatever you are talking about even happen? Also, the name Greedo sounds familiar (and cheesy), but you will have to explain who that was.

No GameCube Love from Enix - A Black Falcon - 1st March 2003

Quote: The SE actuallly compliments the Han Solo trilogy books since he wasn't a bad person in them. You of all people should know that.

Yeah, I know, Han was a good guy in the books... but shooting someone who might shoot you in a second isn't exactly evil... I don't know. It was just a big change I wish they hadn't done.

No GameCube Love from Enix - OB1 - 1st March 2003

But as you said, it changes him from a scoundrel to a slightly better person.

Since he's a smuggler, he's already a scoundrel at best... he's certainly not a bad person, but still he is a smuggler so its not that ridiculous that even a good smuggler would shoot first...

I'd agree that its not as big an issue as some people make it out to be, but it IS an issue.

He's not a scoundrel because he's a smuggler. It's after the Empire has taken over the galaxy, so it's not exactly a rosy situation. I think him shooting first is better. I just wish they'd make it look more realistic. They just moved Han's image and it looks really fake.

It certainly would help fan acceptance if it looked plausible and not like the lame addition that it does... but it still changes Han's character -- which at the time, IMO, should have been like it originally was.

Its like how in the ET rerelease they removed the guns from the police near the end...

I think it changes his character for the better.

Well, yeah, but at that point he's supposed to be a little bit bad...

Not anymore!

AHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

Oh, great reasoning there... :)

Oh, and if you agree that it shouldn't have been changed, why say it should have?

No I think the change is fine, I just think the way they changed it looks extremely fake.

No GameCube Love from Enix - Dark Jaguar - 1st March 2003

Oh yeah, I did hear about the ET change. That's the stupidest thing I ever heard of right there. They are trying to stop ALIENS! They know nothing about his desire to phone home, so why would they have walkie talkies?

Well I don't like the change... but as I admitted, that's probably mostly nostalgia talking. The affect to Han's character, while there, isn't a big issue and there's a good case about it for both ways...

Please just explain what on Earth you are talking about... Han shot people in like a million different scenes in the trilogy so I have no idea where this is at all.

Umm... I thought that saying 'Han and Greedo' would have been enough...

Does 'Sorry about the mess' help?

Oh, and Han shot many people, but this was the first one...

Not enough... I don't know exactly who Greedo is. Is he anything like Wario?

I know the names of the main characters, like Jaba the Hut, and Han Solo, and Leia (the yodel of life), and Luke, and Darth, and Emporer, and Chewy, and I know OF that cloud fortress guy though the name escapes me.

Greedo? Pathetic green bounty hunter who tries to capture Han for Jabba and gets blasted? In the original one Han shot him... but in the SE they made it so Greedo shot first and missed -- so Han shot second...

And the addition doesn't help storywise and looks incredibly dumb.

Hmm, I guess it was a minor enough moment that I just plain forgot it happened, and indeed wouldn't even notice they changed the order of the scene. It's like other minor things that don't even matter I guess. It's like remember who everyone is when they do shots of all those minor characters shooting down the enemy during that final attack. No one cares about them because they were never given enough of a personality to distinguish themselves.

*sigh*

I give up... you clearly just don't get it...

Give up? You didn't even try to explain where that scene was and where it happened. How do you tell people directions to get places? Do you say "What, you don't know how to get to the mall? It's on the street where the mall is! You don't know that street? It's across from the PC Lan Party Club! You don't know where THAT is? I give up!".

I mean your post there...

Quote:Hmm, I guess it was a minor enough moment that I just plain forgot it happened, and indeed wouldn't even notice they changed the order of the scene. It's like other minor things that don't even matter I guess. It's like remember who everyone is when they do shots of all those minor characters shooting down the enemy during that final attack. No one cares about them because they were never given enough of a personality to distinguish themselves.

Umm... if you don't understand how a "fan" of something cares about all the details of it, then I give up...

Star Wars fans care about what happens to all the minor characters and the details. Non-fans don't... you don't, so I see no point in saying anything more...

You seemed to miss the point. I actually was only refering to those outside the fan circles. For instance, you are what we call "nobodies" :D. Don't take it personally though, as I am fully aware that I'm a total nerd about games and their every detail.

Now then, could you PLEASE tell me what on Earth happened there?

What do you mean? I've already explained the change, if that's it...

Quote:Greedo? Pathetic green bounty hunter who tries to capture Han for Jabba and gets blasted? In the original one Han shot him... but in the SE they made it so Greedo shot first and missed -- so Han shot second...

Quote:Oh, and Han shot many people, but this was the first one...

Oh... and if you're outside the fan circle, you could just say so and not make it sound like you think there's some problem with being in it... (calling the details of minor characters "irrelevant"?).

It looks stupid, sfx-wise, but I like the change. Makes Han less of a scumbag.

I thought I made that clear earlier...

Oh yeah, you DID explain it. Wow, to have it explained to me and me forget right after says either something about my memory or something about how minor an event that must have been to me...