Tendo City
Linksys sucks - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Ramble City (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=44)
+--- Thread: Linksys sucks (/showthread.php?tid=3604)

Linksys sucks - Great Rumbler - 17th March 2006

Quote:To whom it may concern:

Several months ago, I purchased a Linksys Wireless-G Broadband Router, Model WRT54G, from the Best Buy in Sherman, Texas. This particular router came with a $30 rebate, $15 from Best Buy and $15 from Linksys. I took the necessary steps to receive this two rebates and eagerly awaited my promised cash return. Perhaps a month later, I receieved a check from Best Buy in the amount of $15.

Today, I received a helpful reminder from Linksys that I had forgotten to send in a UPC from the router box. Now this was an odd thing, for I had made sure to put the UPC I cut off the box into the envelope I sent to your company. I took out the router's box and, sure enough, the UPC was no longer present. In conclusion, I would be delighted to follow the instructions given by the helpful reminder, unfortunately this is impossible given the fact that I ALREADY SENT IN THE UPC TO YOUR COMPANY.

I fully realize that it is now impossible for me to receive my promised $15 and that this email will accomplish absolutely nothing. However, I am quite upset by this "ordeal" and do no simply wish to drop it and forget everything. I was promised that $15, and in fact my purchase of your product was influenced by the self-same promise, and now this promise has been broken by your company, for whatever reason.

I sincerely hope this was a legitate mistake and the UPC was simply lost somewhere along the way, however, I will, in the future, take care to avoid purchasing anymore products from your company.

~Jonathan Garrett

P.S. In the attached file you will find a picture of the original box complete with the missing UPC code, which I myself cut off and placed in the original letter to your company.

[Image: router8sj.jpg]

Linksys sucks - Dark Jaguar - 17th March 2006

Unfortunatly, that isn't compelling evidence...

Sorry that happened, but I think you sent your letter to our forums instead of Linksys.

By the way, that was a bit rash wasn't it? Some peon in the company that opens envelopes for a living screwed up and lost the bar code. To hide the mistake s/he simply noted it wasn't there. It is fairly typical behavior of the peons of a company to not care about job quality at all I'm afraid.

What I'm saying is, Best Buy has been guilty of the same thing on occasion. Boycotting quality products isn't going to accomplish anything. Rather, I'd simply NEVER look at the rebate price of an item. You DO realize the entire point of offering a "rebate" is simply that they know many people will not go through all that effort involved in getting it. When I see the price of something, I ignore the rebate since I know I simply don't have the motivation to read a paragraph of instructions and mail in about 20 things.

If you want your money back, just ask for your money back. You can't expect 100% accuracy from a company. I stopped doing that a long time ago.

(Besides, there is the chance you yourself might have misplaced the bar code :D.)

Linksys sucks - Great Rumbler - 17th March 2006

Yeah, I "misplaced it" in the envelope I sent to Linksys.

And honestly, I don't care if they respond to my email or not, I just felt the need to put everything down in print.

Quote:You DO realize the entire point of offering a "rebate" is simply that they know many people will not go through all that effort involved in getting it.

Of course it is, but it's also a promise to pay back those who take the time to fill out their silly little forms and send in some piece of cardboard they cut off the original box. I did that and got nothing for my trouble.

I hadn't intended to by anything else from Linksys anyway though...

Linksys sucks - Dark Lord Neo - 17th March 2006

I've heard bad things about them, but it was usuallybout the hardware rather than their customer service.

The d-link router I bought a while ago came with a $20CDN mail in rebate and a $15US rebate, and it only cost $30 in the first place. Getting paid to buy things is awesome.

Linksys sucks - Great Rumbler - 21st March 2006

I actually got a reply today:

Quote:Dear Mr. Garrett,

Thank you for contacting Linksys Customer Support. I have requested to have your original submission pulled for review. This takes about seven to ten business days. I will follow up once I receive it.

Sincerely,
Robert Harrison
Linksys Customer Support – Rebates

Yay!

Linksys sucks - lazyfatbum - 21st March 2006

....Garrett?

How many times have you heard this in your lifetime:

yes sir, and if you would please, go ahead and put down your sig, Garrett.

get it? Sig, Garrett? Sigarett? CIGARETTE

GREAT RUMBLER CAUSES CANCER

Linksys sucks - Great Rumbler - 21st March 2006

I've never heard that before actually...

Linksys sucks - Great Rumbler - 24th April 2006

[Image: 10003344gg.jpg]

Linksys sucks - Dark Jaguar - 24th April 2006

Congrats, a check for $15! What are your plans for this cold hard check?

Linksys sucks - Great Rumbler - 24th April 2006

Well, I already spent $6.25 getting 500 points on Live so that I can buy the Wizard's Tower for Oblivion. The rest will go into my checking account, likely to spent on lunch.

Linksys sucks - Dark Lord Neo - 24th April 2006

Getting money back is always sweet.