Tendo City
PS3 Launch game... wtf? - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Thread: PS3 Launch game... wtf? (/showthread.php?tid=3602)

PS3 Launch game... wtf? - lazyfatbum - 17th March 2006

Untold Legends: Dark Kingdom for PS3

[Image: media4.jpg]

[Image: media2.jpg]

[Image: media1.jpg]

[Image: media.jpg]

um... lol? is it just me or do these graphics look worse than 360? The game isn't done yet, but it's a launch title which means that by now most of the work is going to be bug fixes and testing. So, yeah... this is the 1080i 120 frames per second made of angel hymen behemoth of a gaming mecha? it looks like a bump-mapped PS2 game... I compare it to animal droppings.

PS3 Launch game... wtf? - Dark Jaguar - 17th March 2006

What was it you said when I criticized XBox 360 launch games as not being that impressive?

Be consistent.

PS3 Launch game... wtf? - Smoke - 17th March 2006

[Image: media.jpg]
It's Wallguy's gay bodybuilder brother Boxguy.

PS3 Launch game... wtf? - Paco - 17th March 2006

you forgot that it's in 4D.

Wow.

PS3 Launch game... wtf? - Great Rumbler - 17th March 2006

Boxguy!!

PS3 Launch game... wtf? - Weltall - 17th March 2006

Look at the second screenshot.

It boasts what is definitely the most detailed environment. Leaves, grass, all that.

Note however that Boxguy casts no shadow here. None at all. The trees certainly do, but he doesn't. And he does in the other three grabs.

Do I smell a fake?

It's a FAAAAKE!

I forgot that it's 4-D. Now it's impressive!

So far it's not fake, err "FAAAAAKE!", so far it seems to be still in "DEEEEEEEEVELOPMENT!" so apparently the real time shadows dont work on all areas yet... YEEEET! that doesn't work does it. Looks like 'Yeeeet', well, the E sound, not the Eh sound... i'll stop.

Ryan, so help me, if you defend these graphics as beautiful and detailed, I will show everyone here how you practice self-fellatio. That grass is no more than bump-mapped, I can find pictures of halo 2 with grass like that; it's a bump-mapped PS2 game.

Ryan: URGE.... TO DEFEND.... PS3........ MUST....... HOLD BACK N64 SUX WEBSITE...... MUST..... BE ADULT ABOUT SITUATION...... NEED......... CONFIRMATION ON VALIDITY OF PICTURES....... *eyes become bright eerie blue, high violins bow in coarse arrangement, some guy wearing a mask is heard off camera saying 'after we're done with him, let's kill the girl too!'*

LOU FERRIGNO!!!!!!!!!!!

[Image: louferrigno25.jpg]

"WWWWAHAHUU!11 I WILL DEFEND PS3 WITH MY INCREDIBLY DETAILED GRASS, SOMEONE HAND ME A BOX TO CARRY OVER MY HEAD!!!!!!11 AAUUGGGFFFFFFFF!1!11!!"

http://ds9itsafake.ytmnd.com/

Not that I think it's a fake, I was quoting something!

That said, yes it isn't very impressive at all. However, my point is when I first noted I wasn't impressed by early 360 games, you didn't immediatly jump in to make fun of the system. You said "give it time, they'll impress soon enough". Soon enough, they did just that. With that in mind, and considering what I've heard about the PS3's stats, it seems reasonable to predict that as soon as a company with the skill required makes proper use of the hardware, we'll see equally impressive visuals to what the 360 offered in that horrible boxing game.

http://www.1up.com/do/previewPage?cId=3148774&did=1

definitely not fake.

and when we were talking about 360's visuals, I was talking about PDZ, that it will get better... which it did not. i was disappointed, but not all that much. I was just hoping for the kind of visuals I imagined in my head for the new PD, i wanted it to shine.

As far as other titles, they did not improve, atleast not noticeably. But on an HD set they look great, on a standard not so much (some of them dont even work at all). while that boxing game looks great, it remains that the first gen 360 visuals are definitely subpar in comparison to what was promised. But this game on PS3 definitely takes the cake, i simply cant imagine how or why this game was made and developed for PS3. nothing that was shown for 360 ever looked this bad, even wallguy.

This is the official real-time graphics of the system, everything else we saw was pre-rendered, even the MGS4 video. So now, we wait and see. i assume it will get better (could it possibly get worse?) but right now, Sony is about to do some major damage control. Expect these pics to go offline soon.

PS3 Launch game... wtf? - Paco - 17th March 2006

lazyfatbum Wrote:http://www.1up.com/do/previewPage?cId=3148774&did=1

definitely not fake.

and when we were talking about 360's visuals, I was talking about PDZ, that it will get better... which it did not. i was disappointed, but not all that much. I was just hoping for the kind of visuals I imagined in my head for the new PD, i wanted it to shine.

As far as other titles, they did not improve, atleast not noticeably. But on an HD set they look great, on a standard not so much (some of them dont even work at all). while that boxing game looks great, it remains that the first gen 360 visuals are definitely subpar in comparison to what was promised. But this game on PS3 definitely takes the cake, i simply cant imagine how or why this game was made and developed for PS3. nothing that was shown for 360 ever looked this bad, even wallguy.

This is the official real-time graphics of the system, everything else we saw was pre-rendered, even the MGS4 video. So now, we wait and see. i assume it will get better (could it possibly get worse?) but right now, Sony is about to do some major damage control. Expect these pics to go offline soon.
It's being developed by Sony of Europe. They did pull the pics from their own website, but places like 1up and IGN still have them.

This does look bad, but SoE was never one to impress either. I think we'll see alot of games of this quality (hopefully a bit better) as developers come to grips with the system. We'll also see some developers (namely Insomniac and/or Level 5) who exploit the system rather well from the get go.

Someone should make a Wallguy Vs. Boxguy mock-up.

it's SOE and apparently sony's online devison, so it's going to be an online 3-D streets of rage kinda thing. And i agree that this is probably not a good example of what PS3 can do, but good god sony, get these guys some better development tools or more employees, or something. There's no reason a next gen title should look like that.