Tendo City
Metal Gear Solid to GameCube.... confirmed by Konami - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Thread: Metal Gear Solid to GameCube.... confirmed by Konami (/showthread.php?tid=360)

Metal Gear Solid to GameCube.... confirmed by Konami - Private Hudson - 28th February 2003

Link to the Konami forums.

Quote: posted February 28, 2003 04:28 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I might as be the first to tell you all. I can tell you that YES, just as Mr. Miyamoto stated, a metal gear game for the GC is in development, but honestly, that is all the info that is available. But this is what I was talking about when I said I can't wait for E3 (I dont know what info we will have there but there should be some more by then I would guess), and believe me, you guys can't wait either! So i know its not all of our hit franchises coming to cube, but it is one of our best and hottest ones and a deserving one at that. And who knows, if this game sells what it should, you may get your Castlevania and Contra yet!

Whoo! Whoo! I can't wait to see this game in action. But I do hope they add extras, and it should definately include the extra VR missions.

Metal Gear Solid to GameCube.... confirmed by Konami - OB1 - 28th February 2003

In the words of Mapel, welcome to yesterday.

:D

Metal Gear Solid to GameCube.... confirmed by Konami - Private Hudson - 28th February 2003

Pfft

I was actually trying to post a picture of it as well, but I couldn't find it.

Latest rumors suggest that it's just MGS2: Substance. :(

Metal Gear Solid to GameCube.... confirmed by Konami - Dark Jaguar - 28th February 2003

It's a game I'd rather play using the PS2 controller anyway.

If it's Substance I'll be seriously dissapointed.

Metal Gear Solid to GameCube.... confirmed by Konami - Sacred Jellybean - 28th February 2003

Someone's going to have bleach rubbed in their eyes if it's fucking Substance.

Then again, that would make perfect sense, which is why I'm so disturbed.

Metal Gear Solid to GameCube.... confirmed by Konami - Darunia - 28th February 2003

What do you mean, "Substance" ?

You've never heard of MGS2: Substance?

Metal Gear Solid to GameCube.... confirmed by Konami - Dark Jaguar - 28th February 2003

I don't think he ever payed much attention to the "other guys".

"Substance" is the second release of MGS2. The first had the subtitle "Sons of Liberty", which of course was a refference to those fellows who didn't like tea and dressed like native Americans so long ago. This new version is subtitled "substance". Anyway, it's got all sorts of extras like Snake skateboarding, and... Snake skateboarding, and more! However, OB1 and the other one seem to have expected something more. When I heard about MGS stuff regarding the 'cube, even back when it was just a rumor (I haven't read much here, am I to take it that it's official now?), I just assumed it was a port. What's there that would suggest this is anything more, and why would you be so upset that it's just a port anyway? Sure original content is fine, but to be honest with all the complaining you did about them not even porting the game before, and the joke about MGS Jr, I can't believe you would get upset at the port being released. Can't small improvements make you happy? Why must you get upset because it's not EVERYTHING you wanted? You need to live a happier life, a life where small things are enough to make you happy. I mean, you should be like me and find joy in JUST finding out you have correct change. You seem like you would actually be UPSET at having correct change because none of the pennies happened to be a collector's penny worth millions.

Metal Gear Solid to GameCube.... confirmed by Konami - OB1 - 1st March 2003

Look, the people that are old enough to buy MGS2 are also the ones that usually have at least one other console. So why would they want to buy the Gamecube port when they could just get it for the X-Box or PS2? Especially since the GC port probably won't come out until this fall, which is a year after the X-Box version. Poeple buy Nintendo systems for exclusives, which are usually Nintendo games and the occasional third-party exclusive (like Resident Evil). Just look at the Gamecube's piss-poor non-exclusive third-party software sales. If Konami thinks that a year-old Substance port is going to sell like crazy on the 'cube then they're going to get quite the surprise. But what if they released an enhanced port of MGS1? Every MGS fan out there would buy a Gamecube.

Metal Gear Solid to GameCube.... confirmed by Konami - A Black Falcon - 1st March 2003

A Substance port would sell... but you're right, it wouldn't sell nearly as well as a new game or a remake of MGS1, given how by the time a Substance port came out the game would be on the PC as well as the X-Box and PS2... and as you said most people intrested would have at least one of those three...

Right, and Konami is using it to "test the waters", to see if their mature games can sell well enough on the Gamecube. But come on, this won't sell nearly as well as they would hope if it's just a port already available on every other console on the planet.

Metal Gear Solid to GameCube.... confirmed by Konami - A Black Falcon - 1st March 2003

I just hope that it doesn't get Konami to quit the Cube right after they start... that would be very bad.

Indeed.