Tendo City
Doom Movie: Shit on a Shingle? - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Ramble City (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=44)
+--- Thread: Doom Movie: Shit on a Shingle? (/showthread.php?tid=3523)

Doom Movie: Shit on a Shingle? - Darunia - 12th February 2006

I'm sure you've all already seen it, and this is old news, but its new to me. If they wanted to make a lame action carriage for the Rock to ride, why did they have to ruin the Doom franchise? They took the most clichéd, lamest, most stereotypical action plot... man, it... just sucked, and I wanted to put in my two cents.

Rolleyes

Doom Movie: Shit on a Shingle? - Paco - 12th February 2006

I don't think it ruined the Doom franchise at all. In fact, I think it fits right in. my 2 cents.

Doom Movie: Shit on a Shingle? - Weltall - 12th February 2006

What was Doom other than a shooter with a cliche, lame, stereotypical plot?

Doom Movie: Shit on a Shingle? - Great Rumbler - 12th February 2006

They should have made it more like Aliens.

Doom Movie: Shit on a Shingle? - Smoke - 12th February 2006

Darunia Wrote:They took the most clichéd, lamest, most stereotypical action plot
Just like the game. I mean how many times has the whole one man army thing been done?

Doom Movie: Shit on a Shingle? - A Black Falcon - 12th February 2006

The biggest problem really was changing the premise from what it is -- "fight demons from hell" -- to a generic Resident Evil-style 'genetic experimentation' thing...

Doom Movie: Shit on a Shingle? - Smoke - 12th February 2006

Well think about it. Accidentaly opening a portal to hell on Mars and unleashing a horde of demons? That's just too far fetched for a brainless action movie. But genetic experimentation? That's more like it!

Has anyone else noticed how genetic experimentation has replaced nuclear accidents as the leading cause of monsterism.

Doom Movie: Shit on a Shingle? - A Black Falcon - 12th February 2006

Doom isn't about having a plausible plot! It actually hurts things... :)

Doom Movie: Shit on a Shingle? - EdenMaster - 12th February 2006

Darunia Wrote:I'm sure you've all already seen it, and this is old news, but its new to me.

I'm making it a point not to watch it, out of sheer principle. I've yet to see a videogame based movie worth watching, and I've yet to see anything including The Rock that's worth even creating. All I needed to hear was about the first-person perspective on part of the movie to add it permanently to my "Rather Die Than Watch" list.

Doom Movie: Shit on a Shingle? - Paco - 13th February 2006

EdenMaster Wrote:I'm making it a point not to watch it, out of sheer principle. I've yet to see a videogame based movie worth watching, and I've yet to see anything including The Rock that's worth even creating. All I needed to hear was about the first-person perspective on part of the movie to add it permanently to my "Rather Die Than Watch" list.

Yeah, the first-person part was lame, imo, but my friend really liked it. It acted more like House of the Dead than Doom.

Doom Movie: Shit on a Shingle? - ErichTovenisacommie - 13th February 2006

o.o Dooooooom

Doom Movie: Shit on a Shingle? - Geno - 13th February 2006

I never saw it, but you get points for using the Butters quote "Shit on a Shingle." :D

But yeah, Doom never had much of a plot anyway. The plot was mostly just there to give a reason as to why you're going around shooting stuff. Once that was out of the way, you could go trigger happy! Which means that it wouldn't make a very good movie, at least not in terms of plot. Maybe a pointless action movie, but don't we have enough of those already?

Doom Movie: Shit on a Shingle? - Darunia - 13th February 2006

All I'm saying is that it sucked, and should have been better. Yes, I feel that the original "demons from hell" was plausible--if it'd been handled correctly. That only seems stupid because there are so few people who could craft it right--so what do they do? Take another lame-ass action script out of the 'rejected' bin at Paramount, and stamp 'DOOM' over where it said "RESIDENT EVIL", and sold it for a hundred million dollars. Throw in The Rock, a hot babe--we've got another blockbuster!

Wake me up when Hollywood sinks back into the ocean. Scream

Doom Movie: Shit on a Shingle? - Undertow - 13th February 2006

The thing I don't get is the fact that people are scoffing up copies of the dvd where I work...

Doom Movie: Shit on a Shingle? - dex - 21st February 2006

yeah doom is pretty bad, but it wasnt the worst movie i have ever seen.
( i got all excited for nothing. )

Doom Movie: Shit on a Shingle? - lazyfatbum - 21st February 2006

What was the worst movie you've ever seen?

Mine has to be that War of the Worlds we watched months ago that was directed, staring, produced and writen by the same guy.

Doom Movie: Shit on a Shingle? - Dark Jaguar - 21st February 2006

Oh yes, that did in fact suck arse.

And all that was done by someone who likely had a religious message to put into that movie, a scientology based religious message.

Doom Movie: Shit on a Shingle? - Great Rumbler - 21st February 2006

Worst movie I've seen? Tie between "Manos: The Hands of Fate" and "The Man Who Saved the World AKA Turkish Star Wars". So bad on so many levels.

Doom Movie: Shit on a Shingle? - The Former DMiller - 21st February 2006

I'm sure you guys are kidding, but Tom Cruise didn't do anything except star in War of the Worlds. Steve Spielberg directed it. Anyway, War of the Worlds certainly wasn't the worst movie I've seen, but it was pretty close. The fact that Cruise's son lives just kills me. It is the typical Hollywood happy ending.

Doom Movie: Shit on a Shingle? - Great Rumbler - 21st February 2006

Quote:I'm sure you guys are kidding, but Tom Cruise didn't do anything except star in War of the Worlds. Steve Spielberg directed it. Anyway, War of the Worlds certainly wasn't the worst movie I've seen, but it was pretty close. The fact that Cruise's son lives just kills me. It is the typical Hollywood happy ending.

Three "War of the Worlds" movies came out in 2005 actually.

Doom Movie: Shit on a Shingle? - A Black Falcon - 21st February 2006

War of the Worlds (with Tom Cruise) was a visual spectacle but had absolutely no depth... kind of boring really... definitely nowhere near as good as it could have been.

Doom Movie: Shit on a Shingle? - EdenMaster - 21st February 2006

Great Rumbler Wrote:"Manos: The Hands of Fate"

If you haven't seen the MST3K version, you are not a man.

:D

Doom Movie: Shit on a Shingle? - Darunia - 21st February 2006

MST3K tried really hard to save that movie...but, it just couldn't be done. No amount of MST3K hilarity could do that, I'm sorry.

Doom Movie: Shit on a Shingle? - lazyfatbum - 22nd February 2006

http://imdb.com/title/tt0425638/?fr=c2l0ZT1kZnx0dD0xfGZiPXV8cG49MHxrdz0xfHE9d2FyIG9mIHRoZSB3b3JsZHN8ZnQ9MXxteD0yMHxsbT01MDB8Y289MXxodG1sPTF8bm09MQ__;fc=5;ft=20;fm=1

This is the movie i was talking about. Why would i say 'That war of the worlds that was directed, staring, writen etc by the same guy' if i was talking about the Spielberg film?

DJ/ There is no 'scientology message' in Spielberg's War of the Worlds. It is more a message of the useless aspects of war and terrorism and how we deal with them through panic and immoral behavior mostly out of pride or spitefulness. In Scientology there are mention of aliens that helped in seeding Earth with life, but these aliens are considerd benevolent and peaceful.

Miller/ The son surived because in the story when we meet him, he's a trouble causing teen who cares about nothing, then is confronted with war and death, and wants to exact his revenge on the aliens by joining the war effort to stop them - a lost cause. In the ideal of the story, God knew we would have to learn the lesson of facing an invincible enemy, that war is useless in any way, and so he formulated a microbial defense to protect us and Earth. In that same way, God teaches Tom to fight for what really matters, the protection of his children either litteraly (protection from death) or protection from being sucked in to a dead end, like when the son despertaley tried to sign up for the army, the son had no direction or guidance from his father, so he was going to throw his life away. Cruise learns this valuable lesson to late and loses his son, but God redeems him and gives him a second chance to make good. The entire war of the worlds was basically a lesson from God to show us the error of our ways. That overtone among others can be found in the original book as well.

Doom Movie: Shit on a Shingle? - Great Rumbler - 22nd February 2006

Quote:If you haven't seen the MST3K version, you are not a man.

If have seen it!

Doom Movie: Shit on a Shingle? - Geno - 1st March 2006

Worst movie I've ever seen? Well, the Mario movie sucked balls, but I'm sure there's worse out there. I just can't think of it.

Doom Movie: Shit on a Shingle? - EdenMaster - 1st March 2006

Geno Wrote:Worst movie I've ever seen? Well, the Mario movie sucked balls, but I'm sure there's worse out there. I just can't think of it.

Mitchell!

Doom Movie: Shit on a Shingle? - Great Rumbler - 2nd March 2006

Space Mutiny!

Doom Movie: Shit on a Shingle? - EdenMaster - 2nd March 2006

Eegah!

Doom Movie: Shit on a Shingle? - Sacred Jellybean - 2nd March 2006

Hobgoblins!

Daphne (or is it Debbie?): "Nick just got home from the army! And you know what every man wants when he comes home to see his girl!"

Nick (outside): *thrusts pelvis and pumps fists* "Wooo-ooo-ooo-oooooooo!!"

No, but the best one is Mr. B Natural, the short. Dear god, tell me everyone else here has seen it, or I might have to force you all to download it in the interest of general MST3K culture (and it's a proven fact that such subject matter is more important than Geometry in most life situations).

Doom Movie: Shit on a Shingle? - lazyfatbum - 2nd March 2006

you guys suck, the worst movie ever was the Wild World of Batwoman. "the soundtrack is horrible but atleast it's drowning out the dialog".

Space Mutiny is good though, I love the 're-dead' girl with the armidillo down her trousers. No excuse in th world could possibly redeem the fact that the editor used a shot tht has a character we just saw killed a few scenes ago.

Doom Movie: Shit on a Shingle? - Great Rumbler - 2nd March 2006

Mr. B Natural! That segment was hilarious! And disturbing. It's clearly a woman but her name is Mr. B Natural...I'm confused...

Doom Movie: Shit on a Shingle? - Sacred Jellybean - 2nd March 2006

*Mr. B stretches out her legs and talks about her life as a musical note*

Joel: ...Mr. B, you're hot!

:D

Doom Movie: Shit on a Shingle? - dex - 2nd April 2006

well the worst movie i have ever seen is the one i made!!

Doom Movie: Shit on a Shingle? - EdenMaster - 2nd April 2006

Confused

This thread is old...

Doom Movie: Shit on a Shingle? - A Black Falcon - 2nd April 2006

Restoring old threads to life is a time-honored TC tradition... :)

Doom Movie: Shit on a Shingle? - dex - 2nd April 2006

yeah, its one of the last post's i made.
so to me its not old.
(and i only have about 60 posts)

Doom Movie: Shit on a Shingle? - Dietrying - 12th April 2006

Darunia Wrote:I'm sure you've all already seen it, and this is old news, but its new to me. If they wanted to make a lame action carriage for the Rock to ride, why did they have to ruin the Doom franchise? They took the most clichéd, lamest, most stereotypical action plot... man, it... just sucked, and I wanted to put in my two cents.

Rolleyes

Well I am sorry if you didnt enjoy yourself Darunia, But I did! Simpily put nothing beats macho egotistic trigger addicted marines crawling into a spooky man eating monster infested poorly lit fecility ,Have them brag and complain about how easy its gonna be then later on have them mostly all get slaughterd throughout. Toss lots of dead bodies , tits *dvd* , lots of explosions , Aliens type setup.

Some new original stuff like the FPS sequience , Thats a first.

They made a surprising enjoyable film, Given that the doom franchise essential had almost no real story to base on, The games are just more or less shooting demons zombies and not much else. They did vastly better then the folks who did boob raider or Resident evil all things concidering.

Even I assumed at first that the film could suck untill I saw it.

My only complaint is that the hole plot about a advance human race prexisting on mars before modern man, Was a bit of a stretch somewhat mentaly insulting, A culture that saphesticated would leave one can assume visible traces of itself on the planet surface,Building monuments cities.

Why does the extra chromosome cause the inhuman alienish transformation into fiendish monsters with those with a soppose mythical phycho gene.

Doom Movie: Shit on a Shingle? - Dark Jaguar - 12th April 2006

Well it's not realistic at all, but oh well. Yeah it would be nice if they are more scientifically accurate, and I for one don't think scientific accuracy equals boring action sequences. To be honest, if they weren't going to go all the way, why not just totally ignore spending time scientifically explaning things? They should have gone ahead and just opened a portal to hell. If they aren't going to be believable, go ALL OUT, like Lord of the Rings.

Doom Movie: Shit on a Shingle? - Great Rumbler - 12th April 2006

I'd rather watch Aliens.

Doom Movie: Shit on a Shingle? - lazyfatbum - 13th April 2006

Watch Aliens and crank the volume real high on a surround sound system, then get your MP3 player and play hardcore black metal as loud as you can stand it, then chase the dog.