Tendo City
PS3 - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Thread: PS3 (/showthread.php?tid=3521)

PS3 - A Black Falcon - 11th February 2006

Good article...

http://games.kikizo.com/news/200602/065_p5.asp

PS3 - Paco - 12th February 2006

So the PS3 isn't 2x more powerful than the 360. Surprise, surprise.

A few interesting things; I wonder how big the final console is going to be, and what the developer was referring to when he said something like "the current model is not big enough for all the stuff they want to put in there." It seems as though he basically confirmed that it will have an internal harddrive, and there have been rumblings about it being a DVR device as well.

It's also curious that Blu-Ray isn't implemented yet.

I'm kind of disappointed they didn't talk at all about Sony's online service.

PS3 - A Black Falcon - 12th February 2006

I thought it said that they wanted to leave room inside FOR a harddrive, but it wouldn't necessarially have one inside it at purchase... but yeah, no 2xX360, that looks to be pretty sure. Not that anyone thought it actually would be, with Sony's track record for massive overstatements about its consoles power...

Quote:I'm kind of disappointed they didn't talk at all about Sony's online service.

We'll see, but I'm far from convinced that it'll be anything remotely comparable to Live...

PS3 - lazyfatbum - 12th February 2006

With PS3 or 360, the only time i said wow was when they showed a Gears of War image taken from high end PC's. Everything else just does not look next gen. RE5 looks like it could be on the GC as does the pics i've seen on MGS4 (or is it 5 now?)

That Capcom game with the robots looks next gen. the HD is only reason to get either of them, but I think Sony is going hit a hard wall when they realize that they aren't going to be selling PS3's based on graphical quality. People will look at it and think X360 and buy the cheaper system (lmao, cheaper). Once all the systems comes out its going to be a battle of games, and more specifically games with online multiplayer. It could even come down to who has the best online services.

Unless the rev is noticeably weaker in graphics in comparison to 360 or PS3 (which I dont believe it will be a side from HD) I see this coming war to be fought over wireless routers. Who has the best online multiplayer like i said, who has the best d/l services (such as d/l games or patches) etc. Long gone are the days where one game would make a system dominate a market. If Goldeneye or PD didnt exist and you released it on one of the next gen systems it would not repeat the effect it had on N64 back in the day where Goldeneye gave the N64 a lead over PSX, there are so many games now, 3 console companies and twice as many gamers (or more) and one 'It' game or 'exclusive' franchises is just not going to cut it anymore.

PS3 - Paco - 12th February 2006

lazyfatbum Wrote:With PS3 or 360, the only time i said wow was when they showed a Gears of War image taken from high end PC's.
Reins said that the 360 version looks better than those since they started working with all three cores, and there are still months to improve. :D

Quote:the HD is only reason to get either of them, but I think Sony is going hit a hard wall when they realize that they aren't going to be selling PS3's based on graphical quality. People will look at it and think X360 and buy the cheaper system (lmao, cheaper). Once all the systems comes out its going to be a battle of games, and more specifically games with online multiplayer. It could even come down to who has the best online services.
If Sony releases it for far more, and there aren't any price drops as Kutaragi said, then I think Sony will lose some of their casual fanbase to the cheaper 360 as Microsoft will no doubt drop the price of their console as their costs reduce.

I still think it's going to come down to the amount of games and how great they are. I think we're still a generation away from online really making a difference. We'll see though.

Quote:I still think it's going to come down to the amount of games and how great they are. I think we're still a generation away from online really making a difference. We'll see though.

As a PC gamer, I'd say that a "multiplayer" game which calls itsself that without online play has been a joke for... oh, eight years or so? Nine? Okay, I know for consoles that's different (and playing with other people in the same place is great, online isn't quite the same), but still...

Of course, I don't expect my console games to be online, because they aren't... but there sure are some of those games where I'd love to play them online, and just because I don't expect them to be doesn't mean that they shouldn't have been for years now.

PS3 - Weltall - 12th February 2006

You know, I have never once played a game online in my entire life, aside from the checkers and such built-in to MSN?

And I have been playing them online since at least 1997. Maybe 1996, I'm not sure exactly when I played one first... but it's one of those two years.

PS3 - Geno - 13th February 2006

Ryan Wrote:You know, I have never once played a game online in my entire life, aside from the checkers and such built-in to MSN?

Same here. That's why I didn't bother with Final Fantasy XI, although I look forward to Final Fantasy XII... not a lot, but at least a little bit.

I haven't looked too much into it, so... is FF12 going to be for PS2 or PS3? I know the tradition has been to release three main FF games on each system, although many consider FFX-2 to be a main FF game. (Despite how much it sucked.)

PS3 - A Black Falcon - 13th February 2006

PS2...

Quote:Same here. That's why I didn't bother with Final Fantasy XI,

Oh, monthly fee games just aren't worth it, if that what was what you meant I'd agree... but it wasn't was it? It was just 'i don't like online despite the fact that I've never tried it', like Ryan said... kind of silly, obviously. Online gaming is so much fun... really, once console games finally all get online (or all multiplayer games, anyway) and people see what they have been missing... (okay, services like Nintendo's DS online won't do it, not with all of the absurd restrictions it's got, but real online services would... and even DS online shows off ONE aspect of online, at least: that real people are not predictable like computers are...)