Tendo City
Chibi Robo - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Thread: Chibi Robo (/showthread.php?tid=3518)

Chibi Robo - Great Rumbler - 11th February 2006

Got this game yesterday and, although I figured that Game Informer didn't have a clue what it was talking about, I was a little worried that it was going to be a bit tedious. Well, 3 hours later I'm completely hooked on this little game.

The basics of Chibi Robo is that you play a little robot that was purchased for a little girls birthday. As Chibi Robo you must go around that house cleaning things up. More than that though, you also have to help out the family and deal with living toys that come out at night. All of this makes the game a very fun and quirky experience. It's kind of like a cross between Animal Crossing, Pikmin, and Katamari Damacy.

So, go out and buy it, it's great.

Chibi Robo - Smoke - 11th February 2006

So basically it's a slavery simulator with you playing the part of the slave. Sounds like fun.

That also just made me wonder why nobody has come out with "Cotton Plantation Tycoon".

Chibi Robo - Great Rumbler - 12th February 2006

Chibi Robo - Weltall - 12th February 2006

It sounds like the result of a bad trip...

Chibi Robo - Great Rumbler - 12th February 2006

It's fun.

Chibi Robo - Geno - 13th February 2006

I guess there's no reason to pass judgment on a game we haven't played, but I have to agree that it doesn't sound interesting. I might check it out... probably not, but if I hear more positive feedback about it, I might.

Chibi Robo - A Black Falcon - 13th February 2006

It sounds like maybe it could be slightly fun, but it's definitely the kind of thing I would not buy before playing, which goes right into one of Nintendo's biggest mistakes this generation: their neglect of their duty to provide people with demos... Nintendo overcharges for their games for too long (is this really a $50 game?), I don't want to spend money on something I haven't played unless I'm pretty sure I'm going to like it... and on the other consoles there are demos. But GC? Nope... people don't need these "demo" things, what a stupid idea!

Chibi Robo - Great Rumbler - 13th February 2006

You guys are really missing out. I'm not even kidding.

http://www.gamerevolution.com/review/gamecube/chibi_robo

Sounds like it's got a time system that rivals Majora's Mask in annoyingness... someone on Gamefaqs made that comparison in a good way, but my thoughts on MM's time system are obviously much more in the 'it tries hard and is unique but is also inherently deeply flawed' category... okay, so it doesn't have the 3-day cycles, but it has the resets and stuff... sure it may be fun, but I certainly would want to play it first.

And if this was a Xbox, PS2, PC, or X360 title, I'd have a reasonable expectation that I would be able to, either in the next demodisc that would come with the official magazine or as a download from the internet... stupid Nintendo. (I know, not everything has a demo, even on PC, but lots of games do, and they are very helpful)

Anyway, it looks a bit too much like a game that I just wouldn't be that interested in for me to want to go out of my way to play it... even if I did play a demo and like it, I very much doubt that I'd want to spend $50 for the thing.

It does NOT have resets. It has a day and night cycle, with different things to do in each. At not point in the game does it reset and make you start back at the beginning. The game progresses as you accomplish each new task or solve each new problem. Also, by buying one of three different watches you can make each day/night last 5, 10, or 15 minutes.

It still sounds like a $20 or $30 game at best. :)

Chibi Robo - lazyfatbum - 13th February 2006

Your mom sounds like a $20 or $30 game at best. Snap, bargain bin, I said it. Fool.

This game sounds like alot of fun, i'll see if I can find it.

Well, at least there's one person here who enjoys good games!

Chibi Robo - lazyfatbum - 13th February 2006

yeah, now someone get Battalion Wars!

i finally got an S on everthing, no thanks to you dildos. However i am now working on getting 100% on everything because i'm more anal than a ...catholic.... priest.... who has, yunno... sex with... young boys. Anally... with boys.

Hmm, it seems to lose its luster since it was proven as fact.