Tendo City
Our childhoods have been raped. - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Ramble City (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=44)
+--- Thread: Our childhoods have been raped. (/showthread.php?tid=3511)

Our childhoods have been raped. - Geno - 9th February 2006

http://www.canada.com/topics/entertainment/story.html?id=d1c9b2a9-7ba6-4c44-bf6a-cdef8fbebbc0&k=29135

Quote:2 men charged in killing of 'Curious George' collaborator, Florida police say

BOYNTON BEACH, Fla. (AP) - Two men have been arrested and charged with murdering Alan Shalleck, who collaborated with the co-creator of Curious George on a series of books and TV episodes about the mischievous monkey.

Rex Spears Ditto, 29, and Vincent Puglisi, 54, were jailed after turning themselves in to police on Wednesday. Investigators said the two men knew Shalleck, and were tracked down using the victim's telephone records.

"They came in . . . and confessed to robbing and murdering this guy," Sgt. Gladys Cannon said.

A maintenance worker Tuesday found Shalleck's body covered in garbage bags in the driveway of his home. The 76-year-old man had been stabbed.

Authorities said the killers stole jewelry from Shalleck and money from his chequing account.

Shalleck was the writer and director of more than 100 short episodes of Curious George, which aired on the Disney Channel, and co-wrote more than two dozen Curious George books with Margret Rey, who created the character with her husband, H.A. Rey, in 1939.

Wow... just... wow.

Our childhoods have been raped. - Geno - 9th February 2006

According to another article which I apparently lost (I thought that was the same one), he met these men (his murderers) on an online gay sex chat thing... and invited them over. Then they murdered and robbed him. That's where the "wow" really comes from.

Our childhoods have been raped. - Dark Jaguar - 9th February 2006

Edit: Is there a way you could find a source to that?

At any rate, this is pretty aweful... Did they actually think the evidence of him in the driveway would be overlooked? Then again, logic is clearly not a tool they use to make decisions in their lives...

Our childhoods have been raped. - Weltall - 10th February 2006

And just as the movie is ready to release.

Our childhoods have been raped. - lazyfatbum - 10th February 2006

It wont hurt the movie, if anything it'll boost the movie. But ...online gay sex chat? I want to tie in the 'Curious George theme' and 'Homo-erectus' and 'what George was really curious about' but god dammit, it makes me feel guilty.

Our childhoods have been raped. - Great Rumbler - 10th February 2006

Man, that's...that's just wrong. :(

Our childhoods have been raped. - Sacred Jellybean - 10th February 2006

Didn't everyone already know that Curious George is just a metaphor to gay pedophila? Man, try to keep up, guys.

Seriously, though, that's a little shocking. How does everyone feel about the movie coming out? I didn't see a trailer, but it reminds me of when they made Garfield into a movie. It looked like ass.

Is it animated or not? I'd go check IMDb, but it's banned here at work. :(

Our childhoods have been raped. - Dark Jaguar - 10th February 2006

I might point out this. This may just be a myth, but I heard from this guy who heard from some guy on the radio that George was originally going to be named "Fifi", but American executives pointed out a male monkey named "Fifi" just wasn't going to fly over here.

Quote:Is it animated or not? I'd go check IMDb, but it's banned here at work.

It's 2D animation.

Wait, what? What happened to that live action Curious George movie I kept seeing previews for?

I have no idea what you saw previews for, but the Curious George movie that's about to come out is completely animated.

I saw a preview for the man in the yellow hat in actual live actor form several months back and an actual frickin' monkey. About 3 seconds of live action, but it was thaaaare!

Our childhoods have been raped. - The Former DMiller - 10th February 2006

That was King Kong.

Hilarious as that comment was (and it was), it still leaves the question. Did they at one time consider making a live action Curious George movie and go the animated route instead? I am highly confident I did in fact see what my memories say I did.

This would have been several months ago, a live action preview in a theater, and then I later saw an announcement for a Curious George video game. I recall making fun of how once again a cartoon was being made live action "for no good reason".

Our childhoods have been raped. - Weltall - 10th February 2006

I don't know.

The trailer I saw actually looked interesting. Curious George is the shit.

Our childhoods have been raped. - Geno - 10th February 2006

http://www.dailyindia.com/show/2201.php Here's one source from India that talks about the gay dating service. I was quick to assume that it was an online thing, but it sounds more like a local thing.

Weird... I know I saw another source that said something about the gay dating service, but I can't find it. At least I found a source that has the information.

As for the movie, yeah, it's animated according to the previews I've seen. I don't know about any plans there may've been for a live action one though. That comment about King Kong was funny though. :D

Our childhoods have been raped. - lazyfatbum - 11th February 2006

From what i understannd Imagine started with a live action CG and I think it got passed to another project (probably infinite hold) while the animated CG got the green light. One of the smaller studios here in Orlando actually edited the trailers and I remember the editor saying something about 'could be live action' but that was back in 04.

Curious George is definitely the shit, i dont care if Hitler invented him, he's a MONKEY that DISOBEYS out of BOREDOM. My personal hero.

Our childhoods have been raped. - Geno - 11th February 2006

He's a true role model for kids. :D

Our childhoods have been raped. - Ethos - 11th February 2006

Ugh, that's awful. I used to read Curious George when I was a child. Poor guy..