Tendo City
Ten years from now, this will be the new IGN... - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Thread: Ten years from now, this will be the new IGN... (/showthread.php?tid=3508)

Ten years from now, this will be the new IGN... - Weltall - 9th February 2006

I mean, it's funny, and I want to make fun of them, because they're just begging for it... on their knees, begging for it.

But damn it, they tried so hard.

It's a videogame review show, shot with a camcorder in someone's basement by a Batman and Robin duo of master dorks. It's 45 minutes long, and I'm still watching it, but so far it consists of kids who lack even an ounce of self-consciousness, focusing the camcorder on a DS sideways and telling you the straight, hard edge analysis... with Sonic and Mario music playing in the background.

Ten years from now, this will be the new IGN... - Geno - 9th February 2006

Wow...

Ten years from now, this will be the new IGN... - Great Rumbler - 9th February 2006

Haha.

Ten years from now, this will be the new IGN... - A Black Falcon - 9th February 2006

Is that truly worth subjecting myself to?

Ten years from now, this will be the new IGN... - Geno - 9th February 2006

Not really. Knowing you, you'd probably like it the least.

Unless your opinions are the opposite of ours in which case you'll like it.

But assuming you're just more selective than we are, you won't like it.

Ten years from now, this will be the new IGN... - A Black Falcon - 10th February 2006

*watches part of it*

They did try hard, didn't they... but it just doesn't work at all. Funny? Maybe for a little while, but for 45 minuites...

1) multiple takes, to reduce the 'ums' which work fine in normal speech but not so much on tv...

2) learning to keep the cam straight and how to film ds games in action. :)

But yeah, even with that it'd be pretty painful. :)

Ten years from now, this will be the new IGN... - Geno - 10th February 2006

They could also work on making us care. "See, what you do is... this... and... you gotta... like this..." Nice job making the game look uninteresting.

Ten years from now, this will be the new IGN... - A Black Falcon - 10th February 2006

Other than their speech though, the biggest problem is simply being able to see the screen -- for several of those DS games (Puyo Puyo, WarioWare, etc) you could see NOTHING! Ouch...

Ten years from now, this will be the new IGN... - Geno - 11th February 2006

Yeah, camera focus is a major issue with them.

Ten years from now, this will be the new IGN... - A Black Falcon - 11th February 2006

Video reviews on TV shows and Gamespot and stuff run a gameplay reel with the talking placed over it -- they aren't trying to play during the review. That's probably the better approach...

Ten years from now, this will be the new IGN... - Smoke - 11th February 2006

Recording the games whether on the TV or the DS doesn't really work too well with a video camera. Direct feed would of worked a lot better.

I was surprised by how much effort they put into it. They actually bothered with editing and such.

"Your daily dose of gaming goodness".

"the gaming lounge"

Oh and he doesn't like Super Mario Bros. 2 "or Doki Doki Panic as it was known in Japan at that time".

[Image: murder.jpg]

He totally looks like he'd fit in here.

Somebody should email them, could be good for a laugh.
GameLifeShow@gmail.com.

P.S. I want to play Shadow Ninja now.

Ten years from now, this will be the new IGN... - A Black Falcon - 12th February 2006

Quote:P.S. I want to play Shadow Ninja now.

Yeah... looked like a great classic 2d action game, of the type we just don't get much anymore... like Shadow Dancer on Genesis. That's a great game...

Quote:Recording the games whether on the TV or the DS doesn't really work too well with a video camera. Direct feed would of worked a lot better.

Direct feed... yeah, but that requires more equipment, and more money... direct feed can't just be done with a camcorder. But yeah, for a professional game review show it's the only way to go if you want to be sure that you'll have both good voiceover and good game footage.

Oh, the guy's website (linked from the video page...): http://www.myspace.com/andyapple

Ten years from now, this will be the new IGN... - Geno - 13th February 2006

Wow, they can't even get a domain name or a domain email address. Sure, it'd cost money, but it'd also show some sort of committment to professionalism. Actually, it looks like they just got bored one day and decided to make their own makeshift video game show. If I was doing it out of boredom, I wouldn't want to spend a lot of money either.