Tendo City
Nintendo threw a party at Sundance - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Thread: Nintendo threw a party at Sundance (/showthread.php?tid=3484)

Nintendo threw a party at Sundance - lazyfatbum - 26th January 2006

And got felt up by Paris.

Geeks, nerds and squares unite... the whore of babylon says touching is good.

Nintendo threw a party at Sundance - Great Rumbler - 26th January 2006

That makes me want to go out and by a DS.

Oh wait! I already have one! LOLZ.

Nintendo threw a party at Sundance - Dark Jaguar - 26th January 2006

Um, anything actually HAPPEN there or what?

Nintendo threw a party at Sundance - lazyfatbum - 27th January 2006

It was a press event, Nintendo showed off the goods, Paris showed hers (why was she at Sundance?).

On Nintendo´s press server there is an article summing up Nintendo´s presence at the Sundance film festival. It reads:

DID YOU KNOW? NINTENDO DRAWS AN A-LIST CROWD AT SUNDANCE

Jan. 25, 2006

Celebrities from the worlds of music, film and television lined up to check out the coolest Nintendo products on display at the Sundance Film Festival. Luminaries like Paris Hilton, Good Charlotte, Rob Lowe, Jessica Biel and the Beastie Boys visited Nintendo this week in Motorola’s Moto on Main celebrity lounge in the heart of Park City, Utah.

Visitors to the lounge got to check out all the hottest new Nintendo games for the top-selling Nintendo DS™, Game Boy® Micro and Nintendo GameCube™. Celebs like Lance Bass, Shannon Elizabeth, John Malkovich, Kristen Bell, Lucy Liu, William H. Macy and Tommy Lee received hands-on demos of the Nintendogs™ puppy training program and the hot Mario Kart® DS racing game, which features wireless online play via Nintendo® Wi-Fi Connection. They also got sneak previews of the upcoming Metroid® Prime Hunters, Super Princess Peach™ and Tetris® DS games for Nintendo DS. The music-making program Electroplankton™ piqued the interest of the Beastie Boys, who will receive copies for themselves.

Other Nintendo visitors included Minnie Driver, Dennis Quaid, Chris Masterson, Joe Pantoliano, Adrian Grenier, Michael Rapaport, Nick Nolte, Daryl Hannah and Giancarlo Esposito.

Nintendo´s James Sakshaug was lucky enough to show their games and hardware to the celebrities, including Mixmaster Mike and the Beastie Boys, which suddenly combines my two main passions in life, for the first time. I just knew they´d love ´Electroplankton´.

Want to see for yourself? Head on over to WireImage, search for ´Nintendo´ within the ´Caption´ heading and you´ll see almost three pages of various celebrities playing Micro and DS. Don´t pay too much attention to the taglines, though. They believe Reggie Fils-Aime to be ´CEO Nintendo´ and list Beastie Adam Yauch´s nickname as ´MAC´. Good turnout for Nintendo, though.

http://www.wireimage.com/GalleryListing.asp?navtyp=SRH&logsrch=1

Nintendo threw a party at Sundance - Great Rumbler - 27th January 2006

If it gets casual gamers to take notice of Nintendo then I'm all for it.

Nintendo threw a party at Sundance - Dark Jaguar - 27th January 2006

I suppose... Though, to be honest I wonder if the normal attenders of Sundance weren't offended by what I would call, if I were them, a "corporate spectacle".

Nintendo threw a party at Sundance - Smoke - 27th January 2006

They let Paris Hilton in. They don't have the right to be offended by anything.

Nintendo threw a party at Sundance - Dark Jaguar - 27th January 2006

That's true.

Nintendo threw a party at Sundance - Sacred Jellybean - 27th January 2006

I'd do Paris. She's got DSL. No cable modem for this honey. Prrrowl!

Of course, it'd have to be spontaneous and I'd have to be humilating her the entire time. But I'll leave that part out (even though I just didn't, but I was originally thinking of details).

Nintendo threw a party at Sundance - lazyfatbum - 27th January 2006

That's harsh, I like it though.

DJ/ .....Sundance IS a corporate spectacle! It's a bunch of people, may of them new directors, experimental directors, actors who place the art of acting above stardom and then your general line of people who should be castrated through the head, like Paris there.

NICK NOLTE WAS THERE

Nolte: what's this

Reggie: A Nintendo DS!

Nolte: can I ENHALE it?

Reggie: ...I dont... know...

Nolte: *takes deep breaths, pressing nose against DS*

Reggie: ...

Nintendo threw a party at Sundance - EdenMaster - 27th January 2006

Inside scoop: That DS was not even on! Paris was simply using the screen's reflective surface to check herself out. Either that, or she was disoriented by being surrounded by people who are famous for a REASON and thought she had found someones makeup compact. Either way, the whole situation spells HILARITY!

Nintendo threw a party at Sundance - lazyfatbum - 28th January 2006

Are those the Metroid DS's that are rumored? I just noticed that they're a shiny red...

Nintendo threw a party at Sundance - Great Rumbler - 28th January 2006

I think they're the ones that come with Mario Kart DS.