Tendo City
Fundamentally Boring - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Ramble City (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=44)
+--- Thread: Fundamentally Boring (/showthread.php?tid=3470)

Pages: 1 2

Fundamentally Boring - Darunia - 22nd January 2006

Did I just grow up all of a sudden or has this place become insepidly boring/stupid over the past half-year? I mean I still come here and browse, but theres nothing at all worth posting anymore... that Doritos thread was the last thing I even bothered pretending to care about.

Fundamentally Boring - Great Rumbler - 22nd January 2006

Hardly anyone posts and there aren't many good threads.

Fundamentally Boring - A Black Falcon - 22nd January 2006

Quote:Did I just grow up all of a sudden or has this place become insepidly boring/stupid over the past half-year? I mean I still come here and browse, but theres nothing at all worth posting anymore...

No, you're pretty much right. Half of the reason I still come here this often is just because I have for this long... we need to do something, or the place will continue to dissolve. I know we've said this before, but the problem sure isn't going away, to say the least! It was much less noticable before OB1 left because his massive postcount propped up the whole forum, but without him things have gone just about as badly as I could have expected, and we have done almost nothing to try to fix the problem...

Fundamentally Boring - N-Man - 22nd January 2006

No I'm pretty sure it's always been like this.

Fundamentally Boring - EdenMaster - 22nd January 2006

It really hasn't. Only in the last year or so has it degraded so much. I remember when we had, like, 20 members!

Fundamentally Boring - A Black Falcon - 22nd January 2006

I do too... :(

Fundamentally Boring - Dark Jaguar - 23rd January 2006

What's the problem? Actually, recently I've become a lot more interested in this place. There's a lot of interesting threads showing up recently, namely around video games and some odd debates.

Fundamentally Boring - A Black Falcon - 23rd January 2006

That we have like five members who post? That the total number of posts per day is so low? That there are so few threads worth posting in? While TC has had problems for years with member-count, it's definitely gotten less (and thus worse) over the past year, as I said. I can't see any reason people shouldn't be able to see that...

Fundamentally Boring - lazyfatbum - 23rd January 2006

Okay, bullshit flag, so hard. Darunia you dont suddenly lose interest in something because of your age you have to make a conscious effort to look at it negatively enough NOT to warrant an interest.

1.) Less than 15 members for several years (which slowly lost members)

2.) Serious lack of current-gen or next-gen news about Nintendo

3.) Most of the people here dont even play video games that much or want to talk about it

You can blame Ryan, you can blame the fact that OB1 was asked to leave, blame whatever you like, but the truth is that people simply lost interest in this forum from the moment Tendo City was shut down by ice-9 and no one here save or a few members even tried to keep the spirit alive.

OB1 didn't help anything with his post-o-matic one-liners or copy/paste threads. If anything his constant arguing turned off many members and probably stopped new ones from signing up. Ryan tried to get TC set-up as a forum for some websites but it didn't work out and after that he basically gave up as far as getting a sponsor goes. He 'just' pays the bills and wonders why the forum activity is becoming less and less. If there's any particular blame on anything it's us.

But more importantly, instead of complaining why not introduce more friends to the boards? Post the link on other forums? Has anyone here save for Ryan and I actually made an effort in to getting more members?

Fundamentally Boring - Great Rumbler - 23rd January 2006

For a time we had about a dozen of people who posted regularly, about half old members and half somewhat new members, but most of the newer members have left and it's just the old members talking about the same thing...

So DO something about it.

No one is going to solve anything by sitting on the side-lines and complaining.

I cant believe that after everything this forum and its members went through to keep it going that people have this 'Oh Well' mentality as they watch it slip away. We're like the Eloi watching Weena drown and we're waiting for H.G. Wells to show up and show us why we cant let something die.

I'm not familiar with that story.

As for me, I'm not complaining. The core members are still here, and lazy is posting a lot more often than usual.

I've been trying to start up interesting topics, and also posting random nonsense as punctuation to posts that are actually on topic. Also, I've posted some silly threads outright...

Quote:No one is going to solve anything by sitting on the side-lines and complaining.

I haven't been complaining actually, just stating a few facts. Other than that I haven't even mentioned our situation before in quite some time.

Quote:So DO something about it.

We like this forum because we've all been here for years and have grown used to it and the other people who post here. To an outsider we simply have nothing to offer, nothing to differentiate us from any other gaming forum on the internet, aside from that fact that we have less than 10 regular members. :/

I hang out here because I consider everyone here friends. I like talking to you guys freely about pretty much whatever, and I'm pretty sure if we all decided to migrate to a busier message board, well, idiots may hamper our fun, and also stricter rules would apply.

Just to make things clear: OB1 left on his own terms. Weltall for one didn't actually tell him to leave or ban him, he just asked him to start acting a little more mature about a rather stupid situation. OB1 is the one who decided to leave because things became too totalitarian for his liking (though to be honest I didn't see it that way).

I for one enjoy the various subjects that are still brought up here. I would like it if former common folk such as LL and Lord Shockwave would post here a lot more often. That would help things a bit.

Quote:Just to make things clear: OB1 left on his own terms. Weltall for one didn't actually tell him to leave or ban him, he just asked him to start acting a little more mature about a rather stupid situation. OB1 is the one who decided to leave because things became too totalitarian for his liking (though to be honest I didn't see it that way).

Once he started going after Weltall and Lazy Weltall de-adminned him, which everyone knew would get him to leave, so that's not quite true... yes, it was OB1's fault because he's the one who started such a big argument over something so silly, but it's not like the response was blameless either!

Quote:I for one enjoy the various subjects that are still brought up here. I would like it if former common folk such as LL and Lord Shockwave would post here a lot more often. That would help things a bit.

Really, the problem is not enough regulars... we only have a very few people who post much at all. ... well really, either we need a much larger userbase, or more regulars; in many ways those are the same -- get more users, you will get more regulars. I do like the community here, definitely, but there just isn't enough posting, and I'm not sure if just getting a few more people will help that... none of the new members we've gotten in the past few years have really become regulars, after all (I don't think), so I'm somewhat doubtful that that'll suddenly change.

Quote:We like this forum because we've all been here for years and have grown used to it and the other people who post here. To an outsider we simply have nothing to offer, nothing to differentiate us from any other gaming forum on the internet, aside from that fact that we have less than 10 regular members. :/

Yes, that is definitely part of the problem...

I'll pester some people to stick around a bit more.

I for one didn't actually think OB1 would really leave just because his admin privilages were revoked. I did think it was needed but I didn't really forsee that sort of response. I did forsee some ranting from that though, that's for sure.

I'm pretty sure he WANTED to leave. Maybe not though...

Quote:I for one didn't actually think OB1 would really leave just because his admin privilages were revoked. I did think it was needed but I didn't really forsee that sort of response. I did forsee some ranting from that though, that's for sure.

After his reaction that time that he just THOUGHT that his admin privilidges had been restricted, I certainly expected it...

Fundamentally Boring - N-Man - 23rd January 2006

So, you dudes wanna do something? Clearly because we've been nerds talking about video games for the past, oh, seven years, we are pretty knowledgeable about the topic. Maybe we can produce our own content? We'd have to be serious about it. Or, we could attach ourselves to an existing video game site - but this is more complicated than it sounds like.

Expansion is the only way to survive in this crazy world. IMO, as long as we don't provide anything - any service - there will be as much interest in joining this community as there would be for any random Nintendo EZboard. And this one is costing a fair bit more.

The only service we can offer is akin to hiring a prostitute just to talk.

We can trade intellect, but that's about it. Still, it's enough to keep some forums alive.

Expand eh? I tend to think we could offer something... Perhaps symbiosis is exactly what we need to pursue? If not that, parasitism may be the way to go :D. I really do not think we are capable of actually standing on our own as a "go to" for news or anything. I'm really not all for looking at an overcrowded market and saying "me too". Rather, I see a flawed market we could offer our services to on a part-part-part-very-part time basis. We could drift like some sort of crazy sea creature from review site to review site offering to review a game FOR them, and then move on. Outside contracting? And, the forums would be where peoples show up and talks to us.

Thing is, we'd need an "in". How about one of our very old members who left to work for IGN?

DJ/ You never seen the original 'The Time Machine'?

I'd love to see more members. I'm limited to posting the url on message boards which are either deleted or ignored and most emails I send out to fan sites are ignored about integrating our forums to their site... probably because the Nintendo fansites have all but gone extinct. Save for the trillions of blogs out there which obviously dont need or want a message board for the most part.

On the other hand, look at GAF. It's like a giant train wreck (which can be fun in its own right) but definitely not want I want for TC. I think something in the 200 range would be perfect.

Grumbler says we have nothing to offer. i dont know what this means, what did Nurb.com have to offer? Or the dorks? Not a damn thing, just a big empty forum that you have to find by either navigating the main site or looking through google. I'll tell you what we dont have though, a way to get the word out or any means to get people here.

I know we have a forum to discuss those things but I think we need a chat so we can have a real-time discussion on the future of TC and what are options are plus get togethers are fun and someone always ends up blowing me. I say tomorrow because i'm busy with sexual lifestyles and cool, hip things (self-loathing).

We cant let this forum die.

Time Machine? Wha? I read the original book, it was nice.

Fundamentally Boring - EdenMaster - 23rd January 2006

A Black Falcon Wrote:Once he started going after Weltall and Lazy Weltall de-adminned him, which everyone knew would get him to leave, so that's not quite true... yes, it was OB1's fault because he's the one who started such a big argument over something so silly, but it's not like the response was blameless either!

OB1 was a loose cannon and the desicion to revoke his admin powers was warranted, I believe. He's threatened to delete my account before ovr arguments. He was no longer able to be trusted with his powers and he lost them. I don't even think that had anything to do with his departure, it was all about us not wanting to bend to his rules merely because he was the "most active poster". Good riddance.

I have tried to get members here, lazy. Really. I've invited some of my friends, (Nick Burns and buckey lasek, to name a couple) and they have signed up, though none of them seem to stay, regrettably. I've also tried contacting former active posters to try and get them to return. Just last week I tried contacting Nintendarse, to no avail. A fe wmonths back, I even happened upon an old website of Pikachelsea's and tried to contact her, again, with no results. So I have attempted to try and get other members. I want this place to survive just as much as you and Ryan do.

GR is right though. We're a close-knit group with little to offer, and it's tough for newbies to integrate, or at leats they see it that way. Even deanna stayed for a while but eventually left because she never did feel like she fit in here. I think that's why she left, even after being so regular.

Quote:OB1 was a loose cannon and the desicion to revoke his admin powers was warranted, I believe. He's threatened to delete my account before ovr arguments. He was no longer able to be trusted with his powers and he lost them. I don't even think that had anything to do with his departure, it was all about us not wanting to bend to his rules merely because he was the "most active poster". Good riddance.

The deletion threats were definitely far out of line, but like I've always said, I just think that the benefit of having him here outweighed the problems it brought with it... I've really, really noticed the immediate, dramatic, and seemingly permanant drop in posting by at least half (and no, that whole half was not those many stupid one-line posts, it was many longer ones as well.), and it's quite unfortunate. If predictable. :(

As for finding new members, I haven't tried that hard, because I can't think of a good reason really that I'd recommend the place above others, and because I don't know that many people well, and because I don't see how one or two more members would change much of anything...

Quote:GR is right though. We're a close-knit group with little to offer, and it's tough for newbies to integrate, or at leats they see it that way. Even deanna stayed for a while but eventually left because she never did feel like she fit in here. I think that's why she left, even after being so regular.

This I do agree with, though.

A Black Falcon Wrote:The deletion threats were definitely far out of line, but like I've always said, I just think that the benefit of having him here outweighed the problems it brought with it... I've really, really noticed the immediate, dramatic, and seemingly permanant drop in posting by at least half (and no, that whole half was not those many stupid one-line posts, it was many longer ones as well.), and it's quite unfortunate. If predictable. :(

The vast majority of his posts consisted of one line, one word, a smiley, or a picture. Longer threads were almost always debates. He did occassionly unearth a nugget of news or information, but more often than not, he was just being irritating because he had nothing better do to at work all day :D.

Quote:The vast majority of his posts consisted of one line, one word, a smiley, or a picture.

A bit annoying, but you can ignore them.

Quote:Longer threads were almost always debates.

And I miss this greatly, despite his lack of ever giving in. This is actually maybe the main reason I wish he were still around...

Quote:He did occassionly unearth a nugget of news or information, but more often than not, he was just being irritating because he had nothing better do to at work all day

He posted news far more often than anyone else, actually.

You miss his endless, childish arguments?

Fundamentally Boring - Sacred Jellybean - 23rd January 2006

Quote:And I miss this greatly, despite his lack of ever giving in. This is actually maybe the main reason I wish he were still around...

I'm surprised how damn stubborn you are. You're so stubborn, you want to argue about pointless things? You guys might have had a couple interesting debates ("What is a video game, what is a computer game?"), but towards the end, a lot of it was childish, antagonistic crap. You two were so alike that you got along well (although he seemed more antagonistic).

I'm pretty comfortable with this place. There's another video games forum that I'm going to that has equal-to-more active members than us. I'm working on establishing myself so I can plug this place is my signature or something. I'd suggest a merger, but I'm too proud of the Tendo City name!

What is a video vs computer game was one of the classic dumb ones. That was nothing but an argument on semantics, truly the worst of debates. And by the way, I took part making a single argument, in the form of posting the definition OB1 did NOT post but surely saw when he went to Dictionary.com, and when he refused to even acknowledge my post, well, I knew then it wasn't really a debate. It just seemed to me it would have been a lot easier to just define the terms simply and cleanly the way they are normally used, which is ALMOST interchangebly and getting closer to that all the time.

*shrug* I actually wasn't being sarcastic with that. It seemed dumb at first, but it ended well. It ENDED. Not just plugging the fingers into the ears and saying "LALALALA".

I sort of just abandoned it. How did it end?

I noticed the thread eventually dropped away, and thought it just ended as I might have expected, you know, "well I'm sick of this" style.

I miss having someone here who spent more time talking about games, yes... sure, he was really annoying to debate, but that's better than the almost nothing we've had since he left! Yes, the lack of games debate is something I miss (and it seems strangely absent at other games forums too... what's so odd about wanting to discuss games in depth, anyway?). Yes, that still does happen here some, but not as much...

Fundamentally Boring - Weltall - 23rd January 2006

I want to clear a few things up.

First, about OB1:

I made no attempt whatsoever to remove his powers or priveleges until after everything had already come to a head and he decided to leave. It did not happen in the middle of our vast argument, because I held out hope that he'd come to his senses stay. Punishing him then would have been completely anathemic to that goal. He left for many reasons, but my removing his administrative abilities is not one of them. He left because he couldn't find it in his heart to acquiesce to me regarding the reviews board, even though I had given him the benefit of the doubt in similar matters for far longer than most did.

I'm not free of guilt over the situation either. OB1 started the argument, and not for any good reason at all, but I was equally to blame for losing my temper and making a fight out of it. Yet, I know deep down that what transpired that day was very likely inevitable.

That out of the way,

I've been at a crossroads in regards to Tendo City for a long time. Most of it has to do with my lack of dedication. Some of it is purely a lack of ideas: We have a problem, what do we do about it? The answer is that there's no easy answer. There doesn't even seem to be many likely solutions.

My personal life is quite twisted at the present. I know I don't have the time to dedicate to TC as I did in the past. But it's not just that. Videogames in general don't excite me the way they once did. I also have nowhere near the time I used to have to devote to them. Buying a game, even a used game for $20, is a pretty rare thing for me. I have other interests, such as writing, that take more of my time now.

Then, there are you guys, the main reason for years now that I have continued to keep the place going. I promised I would and I have no intention of backing down on that promise. I've kept the bills paid even when my money was tight at times. I did this because I like you guys, dammit. I also did it because I like to feel like I'm making a little difference, that I have a hand in something that others enjoy. And running TC is a cakewalk. It practically governs itself.

Next month it will have been five years since Tendo City became mine. That's a pretty impressive number, even though we've been in a decline ever since. I wish I could say I did more to prevent that, but I didn't. Rumble City flourished in a time when such forums were rare. That's not the case six, seven years later. I don't have the money to give away free games every month, either.

In some ways I wish things were like they were five years ago, when we were fresh and full of cinnamon and coffee, and I had all the time in the world to devote to Tendo City. They were some damn good times. In other ways, almost totally personal, I'm not sad to see those days gone. Back then I was an unhappy guy who escaped into this little community because I made a difference and I fit in. Now, I can't escape anymore. I've changed as a person too much. I've had some highs and some lows. Right now is one of the lows. I'm not a happy man these days, though I'm not here to air my laundry. It has to do with my future and how uncertain it is, for the first time in my life. And, in the midst of trying to figure myself out, TC has definitely taken a back seat.

I do pay for this place and I won't stop until people leave. I very much do not want that to happen. I think we can all do things to help, little things. I don't know of any major, earth-shattering lifesavers, though. It hurts, in a way. TC dying would constitute a failure on my part, and I obviously wouldn't like that, but it's about more than me.

In these last five years, we've all grown up a lot. Many of us were still legally children when it all started, now we're moving through our 20s and into our lives. I know that I can't function in the capacity as a real leader or controller here anymore. I'm content to simply fund the place and enjoy it, and help out in my own small ways. I wonder if there is anyone who is actually interested and capable of actually taking an active role in the operation and advancement of TC?

Very true, Ryan. I find myself in around the same boat as you (though I'm at one of the highs rather than lows). I wish I had enough time and drive to talk about video games and discuss how cool Revolution will be, but I have other interests now. I'm trying to get back into video games, but unless it's a classic game, it's difficult for me (hopefully, Revolution will change this for me). I've tried to post more since the OB1 incident, but that isn't enough in a forum as small as ours.

Falcon: You did debate him more than any of us... I understand your frustration, but it's for the better. OB1 is a smart guy, and can be entertaining, but he got to be too much stress on the other members.

I could take the helm, provided it means I wouldn't have to contribute to the cost (aside from maybe here or there). But if anyone else really wants it, say so.

Quote:I made no attempt whatsoever to remove his powers or priveleges until after everything had already come to a head and he decided to leave. It did not happen in the middle of our vast argument, because I held out hope that he'd come to his senses stay. Punishing him then would have been completely anathemic to that goal. He left for many reasons, but my removing his administrative abilities is not one of them. He left because he couldn't find it in his heart to acquiesce to me regarding the reviews board, even though I had given him the benefit of the doubt in similar matters for far longer than most did.

I'm not free of guilt over the situation either. OB1 started the argument, and not for any good reason at all, but I was equally to blame for losing my temper and making a fight out of it. Yet, I know deep down that what transpired that day was very likely inevitable.

The problem wasn't really the scope of his reaction, he did that kind of thing all the time (or close to it)... the problem was that he went after people who weren't used to it, I think... and it spiralled from there. (that is, since I was more used to him attacking everything I said, I didn't take it quite as seriously...) But yes, it had been obvious for a long time that the situation could explode given OB1's temprament... I'd just been hoping that it wouldn't happen.

Quote:Then, there are you guys, the main reason for years now that I have continued to keep the place going. I promised I would and I have no intention of backing down on that promise. I've kept the bills paid even when my money was tight at times. I did this because I like you guys, dammit. I also did it because I like to feel like I'm making a little difference, that I have a hand in something that others enjoy. And running TC is a cakewalk. It practically governs itself.

Thanks? :)

Quote:In these last five years, we've all grown up a lot. Many of us were still legally children when it all started, now we're moving through our 20s and into our lives. I know that I can't function in the capacity as a real leader or controller here anymore. I'm content to simply fund the place and enjoy it, and help out in my own small ways. I wonder if there is anyone who is actually interested and capable of actually taking an active role in the operation and advancement of TC?

The problems are large though, as everyone points out... the problem is that we need a source of members. But how do we get one, now that forums are so common? That's not exactly an easy problem to solve, to say the least... getting linked from places? Why us? And most sites of note don't do links, really... I'm not sure what the answer is. And besides, as is obvious, I'm lazy and don't do nearly as much as I could if I tried, I bet... even so, I'm not sure what the solution is. I do think (as I have for quite some time) that we need to find SOMETHING, though. Just keeping it like this... well it's not just going to die out in a day, but sadly it has been a slow decline over the past five years, as you and GR say. Really, it started as soon as we got unlinked from Nintendojo and Tendobox... (incidentally, Nintendojo killed its forum sometime last year (or rather they delisted whatever forum they were listing), and haven't replaced it... odd... why not just set up a forum on their servers? I guess they don't want one... too much hassle? And Tendobox of course died.) but yes, the free games contest helped too I'm sure. :) But those people would never have been here in the first place if they hadn't been linked, probably from one of those two sites. But no fansite really wants to use an external forum, using their own is better, so... yeah, I'm pretty much stuck here... I doubt that just putting a link to TC in my sig in other forums will make any kind of an impact.

DJ: As I recall, OB1 got ABF to admit that he considered moving text-based software a la an interactive book to be a video game. It was a long and drawn out debate, but that was an interesting twist.

I'm still a gamer, but that's truthfully not why I come here anymore. Sure, I talk about games and might race a few rounds of Mario Kart with like minded individuals like you guys, but the bottom line is, I come here because all of you guys are my friends. We've all grown and matured and, for many of our older posters, that meant leaving this place behind. Sad, but true. Honestly, I love this place too much to leave. TendoCity and all of yo uhave been a part of my daily routine for years and I would really miss this place were it to disappear. That's why I hate this decline we're on and try to bring people here, I don't want this place to die. I'll stay until I'm the last one left.

Quote:I'm still a gamer, but that's truthfully not why I come here anymore. Sure, I talk about games and might race a few rounds of Mario Kart with like minded individuals like you guys, but the bottom line is, I come here because all of you guys are my friends. We've all grown and matured and, for many of our older posters, that meant leaving this place behind. Sad, but true. Honestly, I love this place too much to leave. TendoCity and all of yo uhave been a part of my daily routine for years and I would really miss this place were it to disappear. That's why I hate this decline we're on and try to bring people here, I don't want this place to die. I'll stay until I'm the last one left.

Ditto.

Well said, Beanjo, well said :D

Quote:Well said, Beanjo, well said :D

Quoted again for truth.

So this is basically it, we decide now.

Let TC run its course and eventually vanish, or take the appropriate steps to breathe more life back in to her.

Now the hard part is... what are those steps?

DJ/ you retard you read the book and didn't see the film? That goes against every single one of my principals if I had them.

Fundamentally Boring - A Black Falcon - 24th January 2006

Quote:Now the hard part is... what are those steps?

The twin problems of figuring out those steps and laziness have ensured that we've done nothing about this so far... I would like to see that change, but what can we do?

Fundamentally Boring - Dark Jaguar - 24th January 2006

Didn't see it when it was on film, or when it came to DVD. Sorry, but from what I saw as far as previews for that movie go, it seemed like it wouldn't really be very good. I don't see EVERY movie incarnation of a book, in fact as a general rule I tend to avoid such things (Lord of the Rings is a grand exception that I hope makes a trend to follow). As it turns out, my friends inform me my fears were justified. I simply see no reason to go see that movie.

As far as that old silly argument ol' bean, I thought ABF was the one arguing that text based adventure games WERE in fact computer/video games and OB1 was the one saying they weren't.

So what do we do? Well, here's the suggestion. We've just been telling two people. The problem is, it's supposed to be "and then they tell two people". We haven't reached that second step yet.

Fundamentally Boring - lazyfatbum - 24th January 2006

1.) The Lord of the Rings Trilogy is perhaps some of the best films i've seen this decade and shouldn't be missed by anyone.

2.) I'm talking about the 1961 The Time Machine. Not the recent flacid remake where they incorporated the odd love story.

Fundamentally Boring - A Black Falcon - 24th January 2006

The subject is Blade Runner, Lazy... and yes, it is a very good movie...

Quote:As far as that old silly argument ol' bean, I thought ABF was the one arguing that text based adventure games WERE in fact computer/video games and OB1 was the one saying they weren't.

No, the argument was about what the definition of video game is... that is, I believe everyone agreed text adventures could be computer games (if I remember right), but OB1 said that they could never be videogames because they had no graphics, while I disagreed...

Quote:So what do we do? Well, here's the suggestion. We've just been telling two people. The problem is, it's supposed to be "and then they tell two people". We haven't reached that second step yet.

But how, exactly, would we do THAT?

Fundamentally Boring - Dark Jaguar - 24th January 2006

Make the place interesting enough that new comers would want to tell other people.

Fundamentally Boring - EdenMaster - 24th January 2006

How do you get more interesting than this??

Fundamentally Boring - Great Rumbler - 24th January 2006

Quite frankly, I don't think you can!

Fundamentally Boring - The Former DMiller - 24th January 2006

Dark Jaguar Wrote:Thing is, we'd need an "in". How about one of our very old members who left to work for IGN?

I used to talk to Fran a lot when he was at Dolphin Cove, but when he went to IGN he seemed to become too big for us. I think OB1 sent an email to IGN referring to Fran as FM3, but it still didn't get much of a response out of him. I don't think he would be much of a help to us.

It is very difficult to figure out how to help this place. I will certainly never leave as long as it is here since I do consider everyone here my friends. I went through college playing videogames and visiting Tendo City, among other more normal college activities, but it is really tough for me to find time for this place since I have a full-time job for the first time in my life. I will always try to visit TC once a day even if I don't post, though. I really don't know if there is anything we can do to get new members, but as long as we have the regulars posting here it doesn't really bother me that we have few regular posters.

Fundamentally Boring - Dark Jaguar - 25th January 2006

I am still open to starting up a web comic that might pull in an actual fan base, small though it may be relative to others, it would likely be enough for us to survive as a memetic organism. Evolution is more aptly described as "survival of the just fit enough" after all.

For example, we could first start a strip about "the lurker", portraying said individual as some sort of evil overlord looking out over the activities of "the heroes" and saying "good, gooooood" while cackling and widdling gnarled fingers. I also submit that the style of the comic should be portraying the online personas in a sort of digital space rather than portraying the actual human beings at their computers (most of the time).

We need some drawing done though. Does anyone here know how to do that?