Tendo City
Super Bowl XL - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Ramble City (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=44)
+--- Thread: Super Bowl XL (/showthread.php?tid=3468)

Super Bowl XL - Weltall - 22nd January 2006

I AM ABSOLUTELY FUCKING INSANE BECAUSE THE STEELERS ARE IN THE FUCKING SUPER BOWL AHAHAHAA OH SHIT CAPS

Ahhhhh, I can't believe it. I've been a fan for so many god damn years and I've never felt as good about them as I do right now...

GO STEELERS!!!!

Super Bowl XL - Great Rumbler - 22nd January 2006

I watched some of this game [just because it was on], but missed the ending because I had to go to church. It was quite exciting.

Super Bowl XL - The Former DMiller - 22nd January 2006

The Steelers seemed to have control the entire game. Plummer just never seemed comfortable. I wish I could say my Bears were fighting for a chance at the Super Bowl, but they got Steve Smith-ed last week.

Super Bowl XL - EdenMaster - 22nd January 2006

Last weeks game was a lot more exciting. Well, one quarter of it was. Indianapolis nearly pulled it out in the end of that game, but then the kicker decided to give the football to the fans in the stands rather than go into overtime. I can't think of any other way to explain how one of the NFL's most accurate kickers missed so terribly. Before that they had Bettis, of all people, fumble the ball and Rothlisberger, again of all people, making the tackle to prevent the touchdown. Without Ben's tackle, the Steelers would have lost that game. Before THAT they had the totally nonsensical call that a pass that was clearly intercepted was an incomplete pass. The NFL even came otu later to set the record straight.

That was a good game. This week, it was just another pounding with Steel fists.

Well, Pittsburgh versus Seattle. Pittsburgh has, of course, a nearly unstoppable offense, but Seattle has a sturdy defense. Should be a good Super Bowl this year. Guess I'll be rooting for the Steelers too, always good to see a (somewhat) local team in the Super Bowl.

Super Bowl XL - Weltall - 22nd January 2006

The TROY POLAMALU SONG

We're so going to win the Super Bowl now.

Super Bowl XL - EdenMaster - 22nd January 2006

Pittsburgh does seem to have it's fair share of unusal names. Roethlisberger, Polamalu, Randle El, etc. All great players, and easy to remember :D. Especially Polamalu. You can't read the back of his jersey, but you see him a mile away with that hair.

Super Bowl XL - Weltall - 3rd February 2006

I'm trying to find a Polamalu jersey, but right now, there are no Steelers jerseys to be found anywhere.

Except for this new monochrome Roethlisberger that I saw today for $100, but it looks too much like a Raiders jersey, so fuck that.

Super Bowl XL - Ethos - 4th February 2006

I might watch it because I'm totally bored.

:weird: Does this smiley have a cum stain on it?

Super Bowl XL - Great Rumbler - 4th February 2006

Quote:Does this smiley have a cum stain on it?

What?

Super Bowl XL - EdenMaster - 4th February 2006

Ryan Wrote:I'm trying to find a Polamalu jersey, but right now, there are no Steelers jerseys to be found anywhere.

Yeah, well, try finding one when you live only about 100 miles away :D.

Super Bowl XL - Weltall - 4th February 2006

You're closer to Buffalo, foo!

Super Bowl XL - Weltall - 4th February 2006

Ladies and gentlemen, Ben Roethlisberger, Super Bowl Quarterback, Miami of Ohio alum, and fucking hardcore party boy:

[Image: firstbenpicture.jpg]

DRINK FOR JESUS

Super Bowl XL - EdenMaster - 4th February 2006

Yeah, but we're definitely a Steelers town. By a large margin. The NFL official declared us a Bills market, but there has been a BIG outcry about that. Local TV and Radio stations have sent petitions with hundreds of signatures to the NFL asking to change us to a Steelers market. It's almost a tradition here to watch the Steelers-Browns showdown every season, but this year we missed it because every station was contracted to play the Bills game. That sat poorly here, too.

Regardless, I never see many bills fans here, but you can't swing your arms on an Erie street without hitting a Steelers fan. I wouldn't recommend it though, Steelers fans will hit back :D.

Super Bowl XL - Great Rumbler - 5th February 2006

I bet Ryan is really happy right now.

Super Bowl XL - Weltall - 5th February 2006

I am a god damn fucking mental and physical hurricane right now. We're up but the Stillers need to stop fucking around with that fucking Bill Cowher fucking turtleball fucking bullshit and the fucking prevent defense cocksuckery and attack those fucking monochrome shitlicking fingerpaint abortions from Seattle.

Thank God I have beer, otherwise I'd have died of a heart attack an hour ago. =/

Super Bowl XL - Great Rumbler - 5th February 2006

I bet Ryan is EXTREMELY happy right now.

Super Bowl XL - The Former DMiller - 5th February 2006

Hope that heart attack didn't get him.

Super Bowl XL - EdenMaster - 5th February 2006

I'm thinking his head actually exploded.

Explode
*re-enactment*

Well, it was good game. Seattle would have don a lot better, had all of their best plays not had penelties tacked on to them. They'd have had the two touchdowns they needed to win it. And what was with that kicker? Missed twice? In a domed stadium? Sorry, that don't fly in the Super Bowl.

Good game, close until the 4th. Had the Seahawks been more careful with those big plays, the outcome would undoubtedly have been different, or at least closer.

Had Ben not thrown those two bonehead INTs, it could have been a 35-3 game.

Anyway, I'm happy as fuck.

[Image: steelerswc.jpg]

Super Bowl XL - EdenMaster - 5th February 2006

Ryan Wrote:Had Ben not thrown those two bonehead INTs, it could have been a 35-3 game.

Possibly, but not likely. You are a Steelers fan, so you give the Seahawks far too little credit. You must admit, they played quite well, both offensively and defensively. The Steelers may have edged them out in both categories, true, but they had their fair share of slip-ups and bad calls as well. What we saw tonight was a showdown of two very strong, very capable teams. How many Super Bowls have there been where the game could go either way going into the 4th?

Man, Randel El sure took one hell of a hit in the frst quarter, huh? Couldn't believe it when I saw him back out there in the 3rd. I thought for sure he was out for good.

El was the fucking MVP.
Not to take anything away from Hines, he was great too. That clutch 3rd and 28 catch for 37 and the TD pass.

But El... holy shit, he was a beast the whole damn game. GREAT clutch 3rd Down conversions, wicked block on the bootleg, great hustle on the Roth INT tackle, and of course, the fantastic TD pass to Ward.

Then of course, Fast Willie Parker and his 76 yard record-breaking rumble.

Fuck, there were so many stars tonight.

I guess I can admit it would have been closer if Darrell Jackson weren't such a fucking idiot. Offensive PI and can't you even see where your feet are going? He cost the Shehawks two TDs, no question. We still win by 18 anyway.

Super Bowl XL - Darunia - 6th February 2006

THIS IS A NARRATION OF WHAT DARUNIA THOUGHT OF THE SUPERBOWL:

*On Sunday night, Darunia flips the remote, to see that the Superbowl is on.*

DARUNIA: Oh. The Superbowl is on.

*Darunia changes the channel.*

'fin

Super Bowl XL - Weltall - 6th February 2006

Thus cementing Darunia's status as a second-tier human being.

Super Bowl XL - Great Rumbler - 6th February 2006

I watched some of it, but not too closesly since there weren't a whole lot of big plays.

Super Bowl XL - The Former DMiller - 6th February 2006

Yeah, if you didn't have anything invested in the game it wasn't really that interesting of a Super Bowl. The 3rd quarter was kind of exciting, but other than that it seemed like a game that the Steelers ran away with because the Seahawks kept shooting themselves in the foot.

Super Bowl XL - Dark Jaguar - 6th February 2006

Maybe if they engaged turbo thrusters and the ground was literally torn in twain by the sheer shockwave of footballery, I'd find it cool. Unfortunatly, that's just how they advertise the games (because apparently advertising it using a realistic scenario isn't enough to draw crowds).

Super Bowl XL - Great Rumbler - 6th February 2006

Stuff like that happened in Shaolin Soccer...

Super Bowl XL - Dark Jaguar - 6th February 2006

And it was AWESOME, and hilarious parody of the gross feats of exxageration present in Asialand.

If you aren't seeing something that shatters the heavens itself, I ask you, why would you watch it?

Super Bowl XL - Weltall - 6th February 2006

"Boomer: So what happens when guys drop balls like that? Jerry, you saw that in Seattle this year.

Jerry: As a receiver, you get in a slump sometimes, you drop some balls maybe.

Michael Irvin: Well, I don't remember that ever happening to me! Maybe it happens, but not to me!

-Silence for a couple seconds-

Steve Young (completely serious): I can remember a couple times."