Tendo City
IGN publically masturbates Mad Catz - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Thread: IGN publically masturbates Mad Catz (/showthread.php?tid=3463)

IGN publically masturbates Mad Catz - lazyfatbum - 18th January 2006

http://revolution.ign.com/articles/678/678646p1.html

A side from every answer starting with "As the leading..." - "Largest 3rd party peripheral company..." - "With our expertice as an industry leader" - etc it's a good read; specifically:

Nintendo has given information stating that a shell controller will be used to play mainstream games for Revolution. Any plans on supporting that play-style as well?

Mad Catz is dedicated to providing peripherals that meet the needs of the gamer. The shell controller is an excellent way to link the new system to the mainstream crowd and is thus in the launch plan for the Revolution. With that in mind, we may find the shell controller to simply be a bridging controller that pulls the mainstream gamer to the Revolution which then ultimately leads to mass adoption of the Revolution's innovative control system.

IGN publically masturbates Mad Catz - A Black Falcon - 18th January 2006

Mad Catz stuff is of questionable quality, but at least it's reasonably durable... my GC Mad Catz controller works acceptably after four years. It works about as well as it ever has, really... of course, that means that it's still got a terrible dpad, somewhat iffy buttons at times, and unprecise analog sticks that make playing some kinds of games (like F-Zero GX) hard, but... it was like that when I got it. Well, except for the buttons thing, but that's minor... :)

Of course, it's vastly inferior to a real controller, but they try to make up for that by being quite a bit cheaper... still doesn't really make it worth it, but it's something. They clearly know that they could never match Nintendo's quality, so instead they try for price... :)

IGN publically masturbates Mad Catz - Great Rumbler - 18th January 2006

I haven't bought any third party gear in a while.

IGN publically masturbates Mad Catz - EdenMaster - 18th January 2006

I make it a point NOT to if I can help it.

IGN publically masturbates Mad Catz - lazyfatbum - 18th January 2006

.......so.........................

IGN publically masturbates Mad Catz - EdenMaster - 18th January 2006

Dunno

IGN publically masturbates Mad Catz - lazyfatbum - 19th January 2006

Hello? Is this thing on? *tap tap* hello?

The shell controller is an excellent way to link the new system to the mainstream crowd and is thus >>>>>>>in the launch plan for the Revolution.<<<<<< With that in mind, we may find the shell controller to simply be a bridging controller that pulls the mainstream gamer to the Revolution which then ultimately leads to mass adoption of the Revolution's innovative control system.

In the launch plan = sold with the system?

IGN publically masturbates Mad Catz - A Black Falcon - 19th January 2006

Hopefully Nintendo will include it, for download-service compatibility at least...

IGN publically masturbates Mad Catz - Dark Jaguar - 19th January 2006

Including it with both the system and the controllers sold seperatly would mean it no longer has "add-on" status. If everyone has it, there's no worries about developers being scared to port to the system due to THAT reason.

Yes, but forcing people to buy an addon in order to be able to play 2/3rds of the download games isn't exactly a great idea either...

I agree.

I think what we'll see is a system with one revcon and a shell and possibly a demo disk. Nintendo has never sent out a system (except DS) with a demo disk and pack-in games have become a way to boost system sales after the fact. But with the Revolution it's important to get a feel for the system and its controller immeadiately (like the DS).

So I think Nintendo will give a demo of upcoming games using both the revcon by itself (Waverace, F-Zero), the two handed design (Mario, MP3), and the shell (SSBO, updated Retro games). Right out of the box, Nintendo would want to invite people in to trying all the different ways of playing.

I'm not suggesting forcing people to buy it, PER SAY :D. I'm saying it should be packed in so they don't have to go out and buy it seperatly. Now if they do this, then there's the choice. Take the extra cost as a hit to their coffers, or raise the price of the system by whatever those "shells" cost. At any rate, if they packed them with the system, and with controllers as well, then players would always have that option available, maximizing the chance it would actually be used.

IGN publically masturbates Mad Catz - Great Rumbler - 19th January 2006

The Revolution should launch with Twilight Princess packed in.

Now THAT would be a price boost, except Nintendo knows they shouldn't boost the price for that reason at launch. Also, Twilight would still be making money I believe.

It would be better to pack in a demo, from a sheer "us make the monies" perspective.

I would like that, except I am getting that game before the Revolution comes out (if it gets RELEASED before then at any rate :D). My personal greed is simple: give us a choice of free game like you did with the GCN for a bit.

Quote:Now THAT would be a price boost, except Nintendo knows they shouldn't boost the price for that reason at launch. Also, Twilight would still be making money I believe.

Twilight Princess is supposed to get an April or May release while the Revolution is set to pre-Thanksgiving, which likely means mid-October. That's a five-to-six month window right there for Twilight Princess to sell to the Cube owners. Then, Nintendo simply packs in the remaining copies with the Revolution for instant sales boost power.

You say "remaining copies" like at that point the game simply will stop selling FOREVER.

Some people will be waiting until Christmas to get the game. A lot in fact. Namely, children, who aren't known for having a lot of money.

Oh, I neglected to ask this, and I know I'll regret it, but how do you masterbate something that isn't yourself? Isn't that semantically impossible?

Quote:Some people will be waiting until Christmas to get the game. A lot in fact. Namely, children, who aren't known for having a lot of money.

And that's exactly why they should pack it in with the Revolution.

No, that will cut down on money in... pack-ins, multi-game packs, whatever, they make less money than the games sold alone, in almost any case... and anyway, if the Rev. had a packin it should be a Rev game, not a GC game... but really, all it really needs is some kind of demodisc to show the console's potential...

There's a good point. You pack in a Gamecube game on the Revolution people aren't going to be impressed by the system's graphics.

The Revolution NEEDS a very strong launch and Nintendo should pull out ALL the stops in making that happen. Mario Revolution, SSB Online, some third party games, and the biggest Zelda game ever as a packed-in bonus [with demo disc of upcoming games] would go a long way in making that possible.

I see your argument, but you ignored ours. Including TP with it would cut down on sales of that game, meaning it is unlikely. Including a Gamecube game with the system instead of a Revolution game is also not a good move. It would be like including Zelda: Link's Awakening with the Gameboy Advance. If that's what you advertise, and that's what people see when they first play it, they won't be impressed.

You need something that will actually show off the game. I know they are including Revolution controller support in the new Zelda, but it's bound to be somewhat limited compaired to a game designed AROUND the feature.

If they are to include a full game, they need to include a Revolution game. Besides, I will already OWN Twilight Princess, and so will you! Do you honestly want to have to pay for the same game twice?

IGN publically masturbates Mad Catz - etoven - 19th January 2006

Madcats controllers are the absolute crappiest controlers ever made.

I think their craped out of emues in centeral asia, given a 300% markup, and shiped to your local Walmart.

The revolution needs to donate some serious relestate for Madcats created controlers to contribute to a sucessful launch.

Madcatz aren't the worst, there are worse third party controllers out there... there is a Pelican GC controller I used once that I would particularly like to never see again... Madcatz aren't great, that's for sure, but I wouldn't say that they're the worst. They're probably quite average for a low-priced console controller maker. The problem is, none of those companies make controllers worth owning. :)

It's not like it's impossible for companies other than the console makers to make good gamepads, though... Saitek (on PC) and Logitech (PC, PS2, maybe Xbox?) make good stuff, I'd say...

A Black Falcon Wrote:Madcatz aren't the worst, there are worse third party controllers out there... there is a Pelican GC controller I used once that I would particularly like to never see again... Madcatz aren't great, that's for sure, but I wouldn't say that they're the worst. They're probably quite average for a low-priced console controller maker. The problem is, none of those companies make controllers worth owning. :)

It's not like it's impossible for companies other than the console makers to make good gamepads, though... Saitek (on PC) and Logitech (PC, PS2, maybe Xbox?) make good stuff, I'd say...

I'd agree that Logitech controlers are a smart investment, my wireless logitech controler is the best controler I have ever owned with rock solid accuracy from even 100 ft. Of course there about the same price as an offical controler for some models.

I guess the bottom line is that you get what you pay for.

DJ/ Masturbating your partner is alot of fun, it can be a delicate, loving experience or you can force them to do it, like say while restraining them or shoving a thick dildo in their mouth which can enhance the experience of releasing their guilt and shame. As they try to get away, you just force the masturbation harder, eventually they give in. At which point you can spit on them. Severe name calling, or forcing them to pee (not peeing on them) takes the forced masturbation to an entirely new level, using small shocks from a battery powered device (enough to cause pain but not permanent damage) is wonderful for both partners and allows each to power-play, but you shouldn't make them pee while you shock them - it could get deadly.

Now think about doing that while in a bathroom, or a public place where it's dirty such as a subway, and you can officialy say that you're completely European. Though if poop enters the equasion (and to a more extreme extent, anal and vaginal fisting), you've taken a wrong turn in to German territory. Hide your passport, tell them you're Jewish, do whatever you can. Just get out of German territory while you still have a healthy relationship. Germany is NOT known for their healthy relationships.

You should also try diapers. Very Irish-Catholic (But dont let it turn GERMAN!).

I'm officially scarred, but the Vulcan in me still must point out that the term "masterbation" is defined as an endevor only a single individual participates in. You can't "masterbate" another, by definition.

Somthing tells me lazy might be into a three way involving a horse, and several black and white photos.

It's might explan one of the video's I had unfortunatly stubled across one night while serfing.

All I can say is no one what's to see any more of your poo lazy, not even in sexiual settings!

Wait, what's that quotable quote from lazy? When did he say that? It is hilarious though, as it shows a complete lack of understanding of what science means.

*runs in naked*

*produces baby-oil from nostrils, and slides on it like a sealion*

(kwöt)

Quote:I'm officially scarred, but the Vulcan in me still must point out that the term "masterbation" is defined as an endevor only a single individual participates in. You can't "masterbate" another, by definition.

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=masturbation

Some definitions say just ones own, others say ones own or another's...

Quote:I'd agree that Logitech controlers are a smart investment, my wireless logitech controler is the best controler I have ever owned with rock solid accuracy from even 100 ft. Of course there about the same price as an offical controler for some models.

I guess the bottom line is that you get what you pay for.

Saitek's basic (dual analog) $20 PC pad is very good quality, actually... it just doesn't have wireless or rumble, like the more expensive models do. :) Thrustmaster is another one known for quality, but theirs hasn't always been quite as high, I think, particularly in gamepads (they used to be quite good at joysticks... but now I'd say Saitek and CH make the best flight sticks, with a few others also making decent general joysticks (Saitek, Logitech, etc)...)... Gravis also used to be a top PC gamepad/joystick maker, but they've been pretty much dead for a few years now, sadly. Too bad, their Gravis Gamepad was perhaps the first great PC gamepad...