Tendo City
Revolution Game Download Info - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Thread: Revolution Game Download Info (/showthread.php?tid=3447)

Revolution Game Download Info - EdenMaster - 11th January 2006

This may have been posted but...I haven't seen it ;)

Source: <a href="http://www.planetgamecube.com/news.cfm?action=item&id=6721">Planet GameCube</a>

Quote:<b>A survey reveals proposed plans for Revolution's retro gaming features. Preliminary games list inside!<b>

Nintendo (through a third party) is conducting a closed survey on its Virtual Console feature for the Revolution—more specifically, proposed pricing and menu schemes. <a href="http://joystiq.com/2006/01/10/nintendo-conducts-virtual-console-service-survey/">Joystiq </a>reports details and screen captures of the survey.

Although reported content merely shows what Nintendo is considering, it is still worth noting. Three pricing schemes are proposed: purchase, rental and subscription. Gamers may pay a one-time price and download and own the game forever. Alternatively, they may rent a single game for a specified period. Finally, a monthly subscription would allow players to download a specified number of games each month—games downloaded prior months will continue to be playable (as long as Nintendo continues to get its monthly money). The images themselves are mock-ups for the survey and do not reflect the service's actual look.

Specific pricing apparently was not mentioned, but Joystiq has listed titles the survey listed as likely to be available at launch.

# NES Balloon Fight
# Baseball
# Donkey Kong
# Donkey Kong Jr.
# Dr. Mario
# Duck Hunt
# Excitebike
# Hogan's Alley
# Ice Climber
# Ice Hockey
# Kid Icarus
# Kirby
# Kung Fu
# Mario Bros.
# Mario Open Golf
# Metroid
# Pinball
# Pro Wrestling
# Punch Out
# RC Pro AM
# Soccer
# Super Mario Bros.
# Super Mario Bros. 2
# Super Mario Bros. 3
# Tennis
# Tetris
# Urban Champion
# Volleyball
# Wario's Woods
# Yoshi's Cookies
# Zelda
# Zelda (Adventure of Link)

SNES
# Battle Clash
# Donkey Kong Country
# Donkey Kong Country 2
# Earthbound
# F-Zero
# Illusion of Gaia
# Killer Instinct
# Kirby's Avalanche
# Kirby Dream Course
# Kirby Super Star
# Kirby 3
# Pilot Wings
# Sim City
# Star Fox
# Stunt Race FX
# Super Mario Kart
# Super Mario RPG
# Super Mario World
# Super Metroid
# Super Play Action Football
# Super Scope 6
# Super Soccer
# Super Tennis
# Tetris Attack
# Tetris 2
# Uniracers
# Vegas Stakes
# Wario's Woods
# Yoshi's Hunting
# Yoshi's Island
# Zelda

N64
# 1080
# Blast Corps
# Bomberman 64
# Cruisin' USA
# Goldeneye
# Mario Golf 64
# Mario Party 3
# Mario Tennis 64
# Ogre Battle 64
# Paper Mario
# Pilot Wings 64
# Pokemon Snap
# Sin & Punishment
# Star Fox 64
# Super Mario 64
# Wave Race
# Yoshi's Story
# Zelda

Once again, keep in mind that this is not confirmation of Nintendo's Virtual Console strategy or its games—Nintendo will almost certainly alter the proposed strategy above in response to the survey and internal feedback, and the game list could easily change.

Interesting...

Revolution Game Download Info - lazyfatbum - 11th January 2006

GOLDENEYE????????????????????????????

WHERE'S PD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Revolution Game Download Info - Great Rumbler - 11th January 2006

Quote:WHERE'S PD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's a preliminary list, bare that in mind, but:

Perfect Dark = Rare = Microsoft

Revolution Game Download Info - Dark Jaguar - 11th January 2006

And Goldeneye = Rare + whatever film company makes the James Bond movies!

You LOSE! Good day sir!

You know, there are a large number of "Not Nintendo" games on that list. I suspect Nintendo would need to talk with a lot of companies asking for permissionations.

Sounds good though, even if I already own most of those games "for reals". Huh, I say that like this seems somehow fake...

Nintendo should put ALL games on it, always!

Revolution Game Download Info - Great Rumbler - 11th January 2006

I imagine they haven't been sitting on their hands since E3.

Revolution Game Download Info - EdenMaster - 11th January 2006

The list isn't set in stone. It's almost certain to change. Besides, you never know. Perhaps Nintendo has already obtained the rights from the various third parties to use these games in their download system. I'm sure if the developers recieve a cut from the money Nintendo gets from people buying/renting the titles, there should be no problem.

Revolution Game Download Info - lazyfatbum - 11th January 2006

When Nintendo asks people what games they want on the network, they're going to hear Goldeneye more than Perfect Dark because more people have played Goldeneye. But hopefully someone will be the wiser, although, and this might be the kicker, the PD liscense might be totally hands-off for Nintendo. While Goldeneye could be acquired by simply getting the rights for that particular game. It would make sense.

Perhaps Rare and MS offered too-high a price for the original PD rights, I dunno. But if Nintendo can do it, for the love of God, we want PD more than Ge!

But seeing Sin and Punishment on there raises an eyebrow, Treasure recently said that Sin and Punishment will be released in the United States but did not specify for what platform or if the game will be updated, me being a dumbass imeadiately thought of DS... looks like I could have been way off.

Check out the Super Scope and Zapper games as well, in order for those to function the revcon has to be involved, now if Nintendo is willing to go in to the old games and add the code to allow for the Revcon to function in a myriad of game types, i'm pretty sure that adding wifi multiplayer would also be an add-on to consider as well. Especially since all you would be doing is allowing the game to connect to a network, no real coding involved. That said, it would be an easy add-on to include new types of play or allow for more than 2-4 players for the game, we're talking a few weeks to test for bugs (depending on the size of the team testing) and that's it.

Now combine that with Goldeneye, Mario Kart SNES, 64, Mario Party titles etc etc and you have a system that will hit the ground running. Litteraly as soon as you hook it up you have access to dozens of AAA games to play online, some you never got a chance to play and some you've always dreamed of being online and some with newly added multiplayer features... Download Mario 64 and it comes with the multiplayer aspects of Mario 64 DS... a 4 player online game of co-op Starfox 64 or a co-op game of Blast Corps... this is going to be huge.

Cheap to produce, AAA games with added features, on a world-wide network right out of the box... you dont have to buy a game at the store, just buy the game at home and d/l it and you have it forever, and it will always work. :D

I wonder what the fees are going to be? I can buy a working NES game for a dollar, so if its an NES game with rumble, uses the wireless controller and is online for its multiplayer, I can see paying up to 10 bucks.

I why isn't Rad Racer on that list? Or Spy Hunter? or Double Dragon? or Battletoads? or Battletoads Vs. Double Dragon? Get on it Nintendo, make it happen.

Revolution Game Download Info - A Black Falcon - 12th January 2006

Because they don't need to have EVERY game available right away? I don't see anything wrong with saving some, as long as we get them in a reasonable timeframe (excepting games with liscencing issues that prevent their re-release; in those cases, all we can do is hope that they somehow get around the problem...)... nice list, though. Yes, more could be added, but it's a great start...

Revolution Game Download Info - Paco - 12th January 2006

Where the hell is Tetrisphere? Killer Instinct Gold? Diddy Kong Racing? Donkey Kong Country 3? I really, really want those games. I can wait for them but it would be nice to know whether or not they're coming at all.

Ohhh...Ogre Battle 64:D

Revolution Game Download Info - Dark Jaguar - 12th January 2006

Fortunatly lazy, they don't need to actually recode the games, they just need to code the emulator to translate the controller's stuff into zapper language.

It won't be easy though. The zapper doesn't just point, it sees the screen. So, this sort of feedback would need to more or less be rendered internally.

It's been done before though. I've read about emulators that accurately simulate zappers with the mouse. Seems like it would be too easy to me, but this controller could easily use a similar method.

Revolution Game Download Info - A Black Falcon - 12th January 2006

The games that don't come out on this service... that's why old consoles still exist. :) But more than are on that list will, certainly.

Revolution Game Download Info - lazyfatbum - 13th January 2006

If Nintendo can get RC Pro-Am and Goldeneye then they should be able to get DKR. I hope. :D

DJ/ I didn't think of that, you're right. But there are games on that list that would benefit from the 3-D aspect of the controller which would require special coding I think. However it could be avoided such as Starfox 64, you control your ship with the stick and aim (2-D movement) with the revcon. Normally you cant aim in one direction while moving in another unless you're locked on but with that setup you could. I would much rather see Starfox 64 with with Arwing movement on the revcon so that boosting, braking, yaw, pitch, banking, etc are all done through its movement which would allow for the single revcon instead of the dual handed design.

Goldeneye would benefit more from the dual handed with movement on the stick and aiming/shooting on the Revcon. However, the example from E3 with the Revcon being pushed forward to zoom in would be great for scoped weapons.

Revolution Game Download Info - A Black Falcon - 13th January 2006

Yeah, the Revolution controller is perfect for lightgun games... better than the Super Scope, probably...

As for DKR, doesn't Nintendo hold full rights to DKR and DK64, since they are games that use Nintendo characters? But DKR has Banjo and Conker and those went on to be seperate serieses, so maybe that is a bit murky... its DK name, though, should give it to Nintendo. They just aren't releasing everything at once... which is quite reasonable; doesn't it make a lot more marketing sense to spread it out and build interest in each new batch of titles?

Really, the only problem is that you can't use your old savegames with the thing... I don't want to start Ogre Battle 64 over. :)