Tendo City
Pikmin 2 and Kirby's Air Ride pics - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Thread: Pikmin 2 and Kirby's Air Ride pics (/showthread.php?tid=344)

Pages: 1 2

Pikmin 2 and Kirby's Air Ride pics - A Black Falcon - 26th February 2003

Quote:*sigh*

It's a never-ending line of repetition with you, ABF. I used to have the game, and I'm well aware of those things that you have stated. But I still consider DK GB to be a an extended port of the original DK game. And as I said before, you can think differently if you want to.

You really do have a problem with people thinking differently than you, don't you? You poor, petty boy.

But the game has so little in common with DK-arcade that I just can't see how you can possibly call it any kind of an add-on... or even a sequel, since usually sequels have gameplay like the original game in a series...

Quote:You also said that MMX was a HUGE change in the series. I started playing them when MM1 came out, which was when I was four. I still like the games, but I hate it how Capcom just recycles them over and over.

Considering how little Mega Man games change, it certainly was a major change.

Quote:Legends was crap, but it doesn't mean that change has to be bad. Look at the Castlevania series as an example. Konami always changed things with the series (the second game was quite different from the first one, for example), even if it was just a simple matter of stealing ideas from other games (like Super Metroid). But if there's any game worth stealing ideas from, Super Metroid is it. There have been three Super Metroid-like Castlevania games so far (soon to be four), and Konami plans on changing the series again with the upcoming PS2 installment. I am positive that Capcom could change Mega Man for the better. They just have to try harder. Hell just copy Jet Force Gemini and I'll be happy. I'm sick of the repetition.

Mega Man Zero on GBC made some pretty big changes... more than any Mega Man game in a REALLY long time. No choice of bosses, no Mega Man, those 'cyber elf' powerups, having both a gun and sword, etc... have you played that one?

And I know I'm repeating myself, but I like it the way it is too... :)

Quote:That doesn't make any sense. It has nothing to do with what I was talking about. First you say that I have bad taste in games, then I say that you have bad taste in games, then you say that it's all subjective, then I say that I know that and was trying to get you to admit it, then you say that you knew that and were also playing along, and then you say that I have bad taste in games again.

Nice sentence, huh? You're a never-ending contradiction, ABF.

None of that would have happened if you'd just understood what I meant in the beginning... but like usual you didn't...

It would be subjective if you disliked certain games. But disliking pretty much everything goes beyond that. Simple enough?

Pikmin 2 and Kirby's Air Ride pics - OB1 - 26th February 2003

Quote:But the game has so little in common with DK-arcade that I just can't see how you can possibly call it any kind of an add-on... or even a sequel, since usually sequels have gameplay like the original game in a series...

It was close enough to the original game for me to consider it as an expansion.

Quote:Considering how little Mega Man games change, it certainly was a major change.

Oh so now you say that. Hah. That's not saying very much at all.

Quote:Mega Man Zero on GBC made some pretty big changes... more than any Mega Man game in a REALLY long time. No choice of bosses, no Mega Man, those 'cyber elf' powerups, having both a gun and sword, etc... have you played that one?

And I know I'm repeating myself, but I like it the way it is too...

Actually I never played the Extreme games.

Quote:None of that would have happened if you'd just understood what I meant in the beginning... but like usual you didn't...

Well perhaps you should start making sense from now on.

Quote:It would be subjective if you disliked certain games. But disliking pretty much everything goes beyond that. Simple enough?

That's actually wrong, but it's also not the case. There's a difference between disliking and not loving. Look 'em up.

For example, I dislike artichokes, but I don't mind avacados. I don't love them, however.

There ya go! Isn't that simple?

Quote:It was close enough to the original game for me to consider it as an expansion.

Go live in your own deluded little world where new games are expansions to almost completely unrelated games...

Quote:Oh so now you say that. Hah. That's not saying very much at all.

Not a lot... but enough to really change the game. Like in X5. All they add is the ability to duck and all they remove is the ability to shoot through walls... yet those two changes change the game quite a bit, considering how used to them being the other way you got over two dozen games...

Quote:Actually I never played the Extreme games.

Umm... MM Zero isn't an Extreme game... Those two games were GBC games much like MM 1-4 on GB, except with bosses and levels from X1 through X3...

MM Zero, as I said, is a GBA game that is completely new and revamps a lot of fundamentals of the MM style of gameplay... try it! It truly does make dramatic changes... and not just in the context of how small normal MM series changes are. These are big. You might like it, I don't know...

Quote:Well perhaps you should start making sense from now on.

I try, but you just don't seem to get it sometimes...

Quote:That's actually wrong, but it's also not the case. There's a difference between disliking and not loving. Look 'em up.

For example, I dislike artichokes, but I don't mind avacados. I don't love them, however.

There ya go! Isn't that simple?

It'd be more like saying 'I like avadados, but I don't like fruits' -- you generalize all GB games into what sure sounds like 'barely above mediocre at best'. That is just completely absurd.

Quote:Go live in your own deluded little world where new games are expansions to almost completely unrelated games...

Rolleyes

Quote:Not a lot... but enough to really change the game. Like in X5. All they add is the ability to duck and all they remove is the ability to shoot through walls... yet those two changes change the game quite a bit, considering how used to them being the other way you got over two dozen games...

Such low standards. It's sad, really.

Quote:Umm... MM Zero isn't an Extreme game... Those two games were GBC games much like MM 1-4 on GB, except with bosses and levels from X1 through X3...

MM Zero, as I said, is a GBA game that is completely new and revamps a lot of fundamentals of the MM style of gameplay... try it! It truly does make dramatic changes... and not just in the context of how small normal MM series changes are. These are big. You might like it, I don't know...

You said that it was a GBC game, so I thought you were talking about the Extreme series. And yeah I know how they changed things in MM Zero. I'm glad they did, and I hope they continue to make changes. Although the side-scrolling portion of MM for the GC is pretty much the same old, same old, unfortunately. At least from what I hear it is.

Quote:I try, but you just don't seem to get it sometimes...

I'll allow you your delusions. ;)

Quote:It'd be more like saying 'I like avacados, but I don't like fruits' -- you generalize all GB games into what sure sounds like 'barely above mediocre at best'. That is just completely absurd.

*fixed spelling errors*

What? What the hell is wrong with you? When did I ever say that I hated all GB games? I've already mentioned some games that I loved, and others like I liked. I just don't like the majority of GB games. And just so that I don't have to repeat myself again, here's a definition of the word for ya:

Quote:ma·jor·i·ty ( P ) (m-jôr-t, -jr-)
n. pl. ma·jor·i·ties
The greater number or part; a number more than half of the total.

Does that make things easier for you to understand?

Quote: Rolleyes

Whatever.

Quote:Such low standards. It's sad, really.

Hardly... I love the series, so small changes really do affect the gameplay a lot...

I will admit, though, that they should have introduced ducking two dozen games ago when they put in sliding...

Quote:You said that it was a GBC game, so I thought you were talking about the Extreme series. And yeah I know how they changed things in MM Zero. I'm glad they did, and I hope they continue to make changes. Although the side-scrolling portion of MM for the GC is pretty much the same old, same old, unfortunately. At least from what I hear it is.

Similar, but not exactly the same... the weapons system is different, and there are those cyber-elves... and all the other changes really give the game a different feel... its getting a sequel (MM Zero 2) on GBA, but I bet that one will stay similar to the first Zero game.

Quote:I'll allow you your delusions. ;)

Ha Ha. Very funny.

Quote:What? What the hell is wrong with you? When did I ever say that I hated all GB games? I've already mentioned some games that I loved, and others like I liked. I just don't like the majority of GB games. And just so that I don't have to repeat myself again, here's a definition of the word for ya:

You said that a WHOLE LOT of really, really good GB and GBC games are just 'decent'. I don't think so.

Quote:Whatever.

Pfsshhh

Quote:Hardly... I love the series, so small changes really do affect the gameplay a lot...

I will admit, though, that they should have introduced ducking two dozen games ago when they put in sliding...

And the ability to aim up and down.

Quote:Similar, but not exactly the same... the weapons system is different, and there are those cyber-elves... and all the other changes really give the game a different feel... its getting a sequel (MM Zero 2) on GBA, but I bet that one will stay similar to the first Zero game.
[quote]

I heard Zero was pretty tough. That true?

[quote]You said that a WHOLE LOT of really, really good GB and GBC games are just 'decent'. I don't think so.

Well good for you! You consider Mario Land to be a great game and I don't really like it that much. But I thought the other games you mentioned were more than decent. Not great, but good.

Enough with the semantics already!

This is even more pointless than other arguments we've had. And that's because of your inability to accept the fact that some things are subjective.

Pikmin 2 and Kirby's Air Ride pics - Dark Jaguar - 26th February 2003

The ironing is delicious....

By the by, I claim diplomat position for TC! I'm actually surprised no one claimed the job before.

"ducking"? What is this, an amusement park? It stays same! Like communism!

Quote:Pfsshhh

Ooh, great reply! Bounce

Quote:And the ability to aim up and down.

Only if they gave a reason to need it... you haven't in any of the games so far...

Quote:Well good for you! You consider Mario Land to be a great game and I don't really like it that much. But I thought the other games you mentioned were more than decent. Not great, but good.

Enough with the semantics already!

This is even more pointless than other arguments we've had. And that's because of your inability to accept the fact that some things are subjective.

Pointless? Never! :)

I just don't see how you call so many great games not that good... I can't understand it at all... why? What is it about all those games that doesn't let them be great when by any standard I use (read: comparing to the GB game collection... which is the only standard that really matters -- that system's own games...)... Not liking some? Fine... but you dismiss so many...

Kirby 2, Wario Land 1, Final Fantasy Adventure, Mario Land 1 and 2, Gradius - The Interstellar Assualt, Mega Man 4 and 5, Micro Machines (hey, I at least loved it... :) ), Mole Mania (did you play that one?), Donkey Kong, and so many others...

How about the GBC? Mario Bros. Deluxe, Metal Gear Solid, Zelda Oracles, Bionic Commando Elite Forces, Warlocked (the GB's only RTS), and some others are all great games...

This list is just off the top of my head so I'm sure I'm missing some great games...

Quote:Ooh, great reply!

No you're a great reply!

Quote:Only if they gave a reason to need it... you haven't in any of the games so far...

Being able to aim up and down shouldn't be some sort of unataibable, magical ability in games. It's been pretty standard since the late 80's.

Quote:Pointless? Never!

I just don't see how you call so many great games not that good... I can't understand it at all... why? What is it about all those games that doesn't let them be great when by any standard I use (read: comparing to the GB game collection... which is the only standard that really matters -- that system's own games...)... Not liking some? Fine... but you dismiss so many...

Kirby 2, Wario Land 1, Final Fantasy Adventure, Mario Land 1 and 2, Gradius - The Interstellar Assualt, Mega Man 4 and 5, Micro Machines (hey, I at least loved it... ), Mole Mania (did you play that one?), Donkey Kong, and so many others...

I really don't understand how you can consider Mario Land to be a great game. It was very bad by Mario standards. I have FF Adventure and it's pretty fun. But as with all of those other games you mentioned (except for DK), I don't consider it to be great.

Quote:How about the GBC? Mario Bros. Deluxe, Metal Gear Solid, Zelda Oracles, Bionic Commando Elite Forces, Warlocked (the GB's only RTS), and some others are all great games...

This list is just off the top of my head so I'm sure I'm missing some great games...

The GBC is a different matter. There are quite a few more great games on that system. And since you can't play GBC games on a regular Gameboy, I consider it to be a different system.

You just have a different value of the word "great" than I do. I don't just throw around that adjective like you do. I put games in four basic categories: crap, good, great, and fantastic.

And I definitely think that as far as software goes, the original Gameboy was by far the weakest for Nintendo.

Pikmin 2 and Kirby's Air Ride pics - A Black Falcon - 27th February 2003

Quote:Being able to aim up and down shouldn't be some sort of unataibable, magical ability in games. It's been pretty standard since the late 80's.

You know, I'd never really noticed that you couldn't aim up and down in those games... because it doesn't really matter...

Quote:I really don't understand how you can consider Mario Land to be a great game. It was very bad by Mario standards. I have FF Adventure and it's pretty fun. But as with all of those other games you mentioned (except for DK), I don't consider it to be great.

SML is bad in no sense of the word. Is it a really great game? No. However, its a good platformer... and not 'bad' in any way I'd use the word. I'd say its good, but admittedly not great. Its short length and lack of saving do hurt.

FF Adventure I liked a lot too... not as good as Zelda, but still a great game.

As for those other games... we obviously have a very different standard for a game being good... how can you not like Kirby 2 or Wario Land a lot? And how about Mole Mania? There are plenty more too, I just can't think of them offhand... and some require liking the genre -- I love Micro Machines because I love racing games, and Gradius because I really like sidescrolling shooters...
Quote:The GBC is a different matter. There are quite a few more great games on that system. And since you can't play GBC games on a regular Gameboy, I consider it to be a different system.

You just have a different value of the word "great" than I do. I don't just throw around that adjective like you do. I put games in four basic categories: crap, good, great, and fantastic.

And I definitely think that as far as software goes, the original Gameboy was by far the weakest for Nintendo.

The GBC was by far a much weaker system than the GB... I can't see how you could possibly prefer it to the GB. I mean, there are so few truly great GBC games, and so many for GB... unless you count all the GB games as GBC games too, but that just isn't sane. No, the GB is a MUCH, MUCH stronger system as far as games go than the GBC... and a lot of GBC games (the dual-mode ones) work on a GB too... I can't see how you could prefer the GBC unless color means that much to you, which you said it doesn't. Confused

Pikmin 2 and Kirby's Air Ride pics - OB1 - 27th February 2003

Quote:You know, I'd never really noticed that you couldn't aim up and down in those games... because it doesn't really matter...

Ookay. Rolleyes

Quote:SML is bad in no sense of the word. Is it a really great game? No. However, its a good platformer... and not 'bad' in any way I'd use the word. I'd say its good, but admittedly not great. Its short length and lack of saving do hurt.

It's bad by Mario standards, which doesn't mean that it's a bad game. It's just much worse than any other Mario game.

Quote:FF Adventure I liked a lot too... not as good as Zelda, but still a great game.

As for those other games... we obviously have a very different standard for a game being good... how can you not like Kirby 2 or Wario Land a lot? And how about Mole Mania? There are plenty more too, I just can't think of them offhand... and some require liking the genre -- I love Micro Machines because I love racing games, and Gradius because I really like sidescrolling shooters...

I liked Micro Machines on the PC, but never played the GB game. Same goes for Mole Mania. I don't love Kirby 2 and Wario Land. Fun games, but not amazing.

Quote:The GBC was by far a much weaker system than the GB... I can't see how you could possibly prefer it to the GB. I mean, there are so few truly great GBC games, and so many for GB... unless you count all the GB games as GBC games too, but that just isn't sane. No, the GB is a MUCH, MUCH stronger system as far as games go than the GBC... and a lot of GBC games (the dual-mode ones) work on a GB too... I can't see how you could prefer the GBC unless color means that much to you, which you said it doesn't.

There are only a few GB games that I consider to be great, while there a few more on the GBC that I consider to be great. You have the Oracle games, LA DX, SMB DX, Metal Gear, Harvest Moon, Dragon Warrior III, and a couple of others.

Quote:Ookay.

Well it doesn't... adding it could be nice, but it would also mean they'd add a lot more enemies and stuff... keeping 2-direction firing makes it simpler, which isn't a bad thing unless the game really badly needs more firing directions... they have never been designed for them before...

Quote:It's bad by Mario standards, which doesn't mean that it's a bad game. It's just much worse than any other Mario game.

It wasn't bad by Mario standards... all Mario platformers are good games. Its just not as great as most of the rest...

Quote:I liked Micro Machines on the PC, but never played the GB game. Same goes for Mole Mania. I don't love Kirby 2 and Wario Land. Fun games, but not amazing.

I own Micro Machines 1 for GB, MM 1&2 for GBC, and MMV3 for GBC... as well as MM2: Turbo Tournament for PC. All of them are fun games... but yeah it is better on PC, if just because you can see more of the track at once... considering the GB's screensize though they are very good games...

Oh, and you must be thinking of a different game... Mole Mania is a 1st party Nintendo (puzzle game, reminiscent of Lolo) game and isn't on the PC... unless you meant emulation?

And IMO, those two platformers are both REALLY good...

Quote:There are only a few GB games that I consider to be great, while there a few more on the GBC that I consider to be great. You have the Oracle games, LA DX, SMB DX, Metal Gear, Harvest Moon, Dragon Warrior III, and a couple of others.

For some strange reason, I have a funny feeling that in 9 years (1989 - 1998) the GB had more good games than the GBC did in 2 1/2 (late 1998 - summer 2000)? Nah, silly me... who cares about which one had WAY more games (and, IMO, a similar ratio of good to bad games -- almost all Nintendo ones are good and a very small number of 3rd party ones are...)? Not you, that's for sure... and it defies sanity and logic...

Was it a great system? Yes, absolutely... and if you include the whole GB lineup in its game selection its even maybe the better one. But you shouldn't... only GB-only (and dual-mode) games should count for GB and vice versa... and when you look at those good game lists, the GB's is so much longer...

Pikmin 2 and Kirby's Air Ride pics - Dark Jaguar - 27th February 2003

Alright you two break it up! Now then, dance for your diplomat!

Never!! Join us... give in to your anger and use it against him/us... :D

Pikmin 2 and Kirby's Air Ride pics - lazyfatbum - 27th February 2003

You guys will be pleasantly surprised with Kirby's Air Ride. When it was coming out for N64 people that played it called it addictive and like nothing you've played before. Just imagine Super Mario Bros and put Mario on a skateboard that can reach light speeds. Now make all the levels ginornous with huge mountains and valleys and polish it off with a sense of speed and locomotion that even F-Zero would blush at. The game screams innovation but it's also Kirby... which means some people will avoid it simply because of him and his art style.

Little do they know of Kirby's anger-management classes and his horrible addiction to S&M porn and laced crack cocain which he buys directly from Cuban sources named Poki-Poki and Doo-Doo.

Quote:Well it doesn't... adding it could be nice, but it would also mean they'd add a lot more enemies and stuff... keeping 2-direction firing makes it simpler, which isn't a bad thing unless the game really badly needs more firing directions... they have never been designed for them before...

What the hell? What are you replying to? I just said "ookay".

Quote:It wasn't bad by Mario standards... all Mario platformers are good games. Its just not as great as most of the rest...

It was very bad by Mario standards. It's the slow little cousin that never gets invited to family dinners.

Quote:I own Micro Machines 1 for GB, MM 1&2 for GBC, and MMV3 for GBC... as well as MM2: Turbo Tournament for PC. All of them are fun games... but yeah it is better on PC, if just because you can see more of the track at once... considering the GB's screensize though they are very good games...

Oh, and you must be thinking of a different game... Mole Mania is a 1st party Nintendo (puzzle game, reminiscent of Lolo) game and isn't on the PC... unless you meant emulation?

And IMO, those two platformers are both REALLY good...

Hooray for your opinion. *clap clap clap clap*

Quote:For some strange reason, I have a funny feeling that in 9 years (1989 - 1998) the GB had more good games than the GBC did in 2 1/2 (late 1998 - summer 2000)? Nah, silly me... who cares about which one had WAY more games (and, IMO, a similar ratio of good to bad games -- almost all Nintendo ones are good and a very small number of 3rd party ones are...)? Not you, that's for sure... and it defies sanity and logic...

The Gameboy was Nintendo's little money maker that they didn't need to put many recources into because it would sell like crack no matter what. That's why in nine years we only got one Zelda game, one Metroid game, and one good Mario game (Mario Land 2). Third-party games were complete shit for the most part. It's lineup was filled with more stinkers than the PSX could have ever dreamed of. When the GBC came out Nintendo and third-parties were able to port over some very good NES games, and Nintendo let Capcom make two Zelda games. Hoo-ah! That's what I'm talking about! And while the GBC may not have as many good games as the Gameboy, it certainly does have more great games.

Quote:Was it a great system? Yes, absolutely... and if you include the whole GB lineup in its game selection its even maybe the better one. But you shouldn't... only GB-only (and dual-mode) games should count for GB and vice versa... and when you look at those good game lists, the GB's is so much longer...

Dude, just admit that the Gameboy was Nintendo's weakest system even though it lived the longest.

Quote:What the hell? What are you replying to? I just said "ookay".

Your comments about the game needing more firing directions of course... what else?

Quote:It was very bad by Mario standards. It's the slow little cousin that never gets invited to family dinners.

No Mario game remotely deserves being called "very bad". Not even close.

Quote:The Gameboy was Nintendo's little money maker that they didn't need to put many recources into because it would sell like crack no matter what. That's why in nine years we only got one Zelda game, one Metroid game, and one good Mario game (Mario Land 2). Third-party games were complete shit for the most part. It's lineup was filled with more stinkers than the PSX could have ever dreamed of. When the GBC came out Nintendo and third-parties were able to port over some very good NES games, and Nintendo let Capcom make two Zelda games. Hoo-ah! That's what I'm talking about! And while the GBC may not have as many good games as the Gameboy, it certainly does have more great games.

Not as badly as Nintendo is abusing the GBA... I mean, at least on the GB their games were ORIGINAL! Almost all their GBA games are SNES ports... good SNES ports, but SNES ports all the same. Same with GBC and the NES ports... true, it didn't have as many good (or great) games as a console around for 9 years should have... but it did have a lot of them, and far more than the GBC. The GBC had fewer games period... so fewer good ones and fewer great ones.

Oh, and if you want to know Nintendo's weakest system, only a insane person wouldn't say the Virtual Boy.

Quote:Your comments about the game needing more firing directions of course... what else?

I don't even know what we're talking about anymore. Talk about beating a dead horse.

Quote:No Mario game remotely deserves being called "very bad". Not even close.

*sigh*

I said that it's very bad by Mario standards. By itself it's not a bad game, it's just not Mario-quality.

Quote:Not as badly as Nintendo is abusing the GBA... I mean, at least on the GB their games were ORIGINAL! Almost all their GBA games are SNES ports... good SNES ports, but SNES ports all the same. Same with GBC and the NES ports... true, it didn't have as many good (or great) games as a console around for 9 years should have... but it did have a lot of them, and far more than the GBC. The GBC had fewer games period... so fewer good ones and fewer great ones.

The GBC NES ports were better than most of the other original GB games. And I really don't mind the GBA SNES ports. There are dozens of great SNES and Genesis games that I want to be able to play anywhere. Sure it would be nice if they gave us some original Mario games, but I think we'll have to wait until they're done porting all of the other good Mario games first. The GBA is only two years old and it already has more good and great games than the original Gameboy had. And we've also got some really fantastic original games as well, such as Advance Wars, the Castlevanias, Metroid Fusion, Four Swords, Golden Sun, etc. Nintendo and several third-parties are doing so much better this time around.

Quote:Oh, and if you want to know Nintendo's weakest system, only a insane person wouldn't say the Virtual Boy.

Well duh, but I don't talk about that system.

Quote:I don't even know what we're talking about anymore. Talk about beating a dead horse.

You're the one who said they wished Mega Man could fire up and down...

Quote:*sigh*

I said that it's very bad by Mario standards. By itself it's not a bad game, it's just not Mario-quality.

And I said that there is no such thing as a bad Mario game, even by Mario standards.

Quote:The GBC NES ports were better than most of the other original GB games. And I really don't mind the GBA SNES ports. There are dozens of great SNES and Genesis games that I want to be able to play anywhere. Sure it would be nice if they gave us some original Mario games, but I think we'll have to wait until they're done porting all of the other good Mario games first. The GBA is only two years old and it already has more good and great games than the original Gameboy had. And we've also got some really fantastic original games as well, such as Advance Wars, the Castlevanias, Metroid Fusion, Four Swords, Golden Sun, etc. Nintendo and several third-parties are doing so much better this time around.

Well, we disagree... I certainly agree that the GBC NES ports and GBA SNES ports are mostly grood to great games... but they aren't new. At least the GB games were... and I'd put them at a higher level of quality than you do.

Quote:You're the one who said they wished Mega Man could fire up and down...

And diagonally.

Quote:And I said that there is no such thing as a bad Mario game, even by Mario standards.

What? Sure there is! Mario Land is bad for a Mario game.

Quote:Well, we disagree... I certainly agree that the GBC NES ports and GBA SNES ports are mostly grood to great games... but they aren't new. At least the GB games were... and I'd put them at a higher level of quality than you do.

Well then that's settled.

*clap clap clap clap*

Thank you, thank you! I just wanted to come here today to tell everyone how happy I am that this argument has ended. Mr. Falcon here was able to drag it over 70 post, but it's finally come to an end. I'd like to thank my family, my friends, and Dark Jaguar for stepping in from time to time to try and stop this big mess. I'd like to thank my dear old friend Mr. Freelancer demo for letting me have some fun in between these stupid posts. I'd also like to give Mr. Quote bars a big kick in the ass for existing. You have made my life miserable. Thank you everybody, and good night!

Quote:What? Sure there is! Mario Land is bad for a Mario game.

No, its not. Its a good game... simple? Yes. Not exactly graphically beautiful, even for a GB game? Absolutely. Short? Yup. Only 12 levels... 10 platformer levels and 2 scrolling shooter ones...

But is it a lot of fun? Yes. And really thats all that matters -- its a lot of fun... and its a very good game. Not as good as the rest of the Mario games... but hardly "bad" when compared to them. It might be the 'worst' Mario game, but its not "really bad" when compared to the rest of them. Its just not quite as great.

Hey... you insult SML again, and then act like its all over? I don't think so... :)

Quote:Originally posted by A Black Falcon
No, its not. Its a good game... simple? Yes. Not exactly graphically beautiful, even for a GB game? Absolutely. Short? Yup. Only 12 levels... 10 platformer levels and 2 scrolling shooter ones...

But is it a lot of fun? Yes. And really thats all that matters -- its a lot of fun... and its a very good game. Not as good as the rest of the Mario games... but hardly "bad" when compared to them. It might be the 'worst' Mario game, but its not "really bad" when compared to the rest of them. Its just not quite as great.

Well there you have it, folks. We disagree again.

Just remember that these things are subjective, ABF. I don't tell you that you're wrong for liking those Cruisin' games or Gauntlet Legends.

Pikmin 2 and Kirby's Air Ride pics - Great Rumbler - 27th February 2003

I've come up with a new slogan for Tendocity!!

Tendocity: Where arguements are plentiful, but sense isn't.

Amen to that.

Poor OB1 *wispers* I don't think he's aware we are also talking about him...

:shake:

Hey I got pulled into this mess. Damn you, ABF! Damn you to hell!!

Teehee! *skampers off into the woods to play with pixies and unicorns and other mythical creatures* *sells mythical creatures to a local carnival*

:stupid:

Guilt by association! There's that and the fact that almost the whole board, including OB1, is above that sign...

And THAT'S what happened to the fantastipotomus! I shall free it from the carnival!

*gets shot*

Nuts... Wait a second, I'm almost positive being shot is a threat to my existance... Oh well...

Okay, the creature is freed, and thus nature is returned to it's splender!

*looks behind self and notices giant gaping hole in planet, which seems to be in physical pain from the wound*

When did THAT happen?

Check the attachement, OB1.

Haha, you're calling DJ an idiot?

Yeah I probably am... Gee, I NEVER would have thought I was making fun of myself there, thanks for pointing that out, arse!

*keep staring at hole*

There's a clown down there!

Ha! Now there's no mistaking who the message is for!!

*sheds a single tear*

Eh, big deal. For all we know you could be vomitting from your eyes!

Here's a question. Who else has made death himself cry? I'll tell you this, forcing them to look into the mirror of truth isn't the best thing in the world, especially when the mirror shatters from the strain of it all and you cut yourself.

Kittens kick ass.

But you make me argue with you by defending all kinds of stupid positions, OB1... :)

Oh, and where arguments are concerned, sense is often one of the first things to go...

Whatever helps you sleep at night.

If it makes you feel better, I'll let you believe that... :p

You're just repeating what I'm saying. Try to be more original, boyee!