Tendo City
Mario Kart DS - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Thread: Mario Kart DS (/showthread.php?tid=3346)

Pages: 1 2

Mario Kart DS - Great Rumbler - 15th November 2005

So, anyone have this yet? I do and I'm ready to start up some online matches!! Post your friend code here and we'll hook up and play some games.

My friend code: 00005946457

Mario Kart DS - EdenMaster - 15th November 2005

I just got it literally moments ago. I haven't even powered it on yet, but I'll let you know my friend code just as soon as I know it myself :D.

Hurry up!!

Your friend code is missing a number! It should be 12 numbers and yours only has 11!

Mine is 365131704015

Fixed:

Edit: I'll be waiting.

Let's play!

Okay!

There's no lag really, but I've been booted off a number of times. I don't know if it's the network or my router, so if I get disconnected it's one of those reasons.

I'm on now, let's see if we can get this to work...

By the way, my race against you will be my first one, so don't be surprised if I lose :D

Mario Kart DS - N_A - 15th November 2005

Freaking university WiFi sucks ass, I can't even get a reliable connection to play.

NO! I got disconnected!!

Reconnect! I'm waiting in agony, here!!

It keeps disconnecting me!!!

Cruel fate taunts us!!!

Keep trying, GR! I'll stay on waiting for a while.

What does it say for you when the connection gets broken?

This is awesome!

Bowser sucks!!!!

ARGH! I lost you!

That match in Delphino Square was GREAT!!

Just when things starting getting good we get disconnected. :(

I'm getting a new friggen' router the next time I'm in town...

Mario Kart DS - Dark Jaguar - 15th November 2005

Well, this whole thing has basically informed me of connection... issues...

I may have better luck.

At any rate, we finally get to do GAME against each other!

W00T!

I really think it's Rumblers connection. I've not lost him once, nor have I had so much as the slightest lag.

Do you have it, DJ? If so, give us your friend code and join the insanity!

What happened to you on Rainbow Road, EM? You were like 15 seconds behind me! :D

I hate the Rainbow Road! In all its incarnations! I never fare well on it.

AND DON'T ALWAYS PICK THAT NOW!

Hahaha!!

Your frequent disconnections give us time to post between races :D

You should get on MSN, GR. We can talk while we race.

Alright.

Mario Kart DS - A Black Falcon - 15th November 2005

Nintendo has a router compatibility list on the nintendowifi.com site... see if yours is there with fewer than five dots? :)

It probably is, or else my router just plain sucks [which is a very distinct possibility]. Anyway, this weekend I'm going to dip into my reserves and get a good one.

Make sure that it's a five-dot router from that list if you want good results. :)

Any good router will get five dots on that list.

My routers pretty well-ranked. That's probably why I've only had like one problem in the hour or more GR and I have been playing.

My router's really cheap.

Heh, I never would have noticed ;)

There's also this...

http://www.nintendowifi.com/troubleshooting/SystemStatus.jsp

Mario Kart DS - Dark Jaguar - 16th November 2005

Nope, I don't have the game yet, but soon enough I will.

I sorely wish they included some sorta voice chat feature.... Oh well, it'll be fine. Well, at least some touch screeny chat would have been nice.

I also hope they update the firmware soon. It would be nice if DS chat, for example, was updated for online support.

But, back to the game, I've always LOVED Rainbow Road! :D Is the multiple racers per kart thing back, or is it back to single racer karts? Either way is fine by me, except that the double racer gameplay added to Double Dash was very fun indeed and I might miss that if it's gone.

My router has odd issues maintaining a connection. That is, it has actually dropped in the past, rather than stay perfect hair forever. I really have no idea why this is. Further, on some days I end up having to reset the router multiple times, then months with no problems, then it acts up again. The oddest thing is every time I think I've found someone who might actually have a decent explanation for it, some backgroundk knowledge of this sort of thing, I ask them and they just don't seem to want to answer me. I must know the cause if I am to predict a probable solution!

However, that aside, the wireless aspect seems as solid as one might expect. That is, it works most of the time for most of the time. However, every now and then the connection can't even be found. Oh, I never once messed with "protected" wifi. I'm pretty sure I don't fear hackers showing up within range of the thing to actually take advantage of my low security. That sort of thing is for professional spies rather than every day people.

Mario Kart DS - Laser Link - 21st November 2005

I didn't even know this was coming out, let alone that it was here. Someone tell me about it. I heard it has some old tracks as well as new ones. Which olds ones are there? Is the battle good (like Mario kart64) or sucky (like Double Dash)? Does the controlling use the touch screen or D-pad? What can you do in the wi-fi mode (race, battle, both)? Is it laggy? Anything else cool that I should know? Thank you for saving me the time it would take to research this myself. :)

Mario Kart DS - Great Rumbler - 21st November 2005

You're overflowing with questions!!

Yes, it does have a lot of retro levels from every other MK game. I don't remember the specifics, but there's about 12 old levels.

The battle mode is pretty good, though a bit confusing at first, and you can play all the battle modes over LAN.

It uses the D-Pad.

Wifi is race only.

It is not laggy at all.

Quote:Anything else cool that I should know?

It's worth every penny.

Mario Kart DS - Dark Jaguar - 21st November 2005

If there's lag, it's the individual's connection rather than Nintendo's servers.

Touch screen would be pretty aweful though with this sort of game.

Anyway, yeah, no online battle mode... Still, it's an addictive game.

There is a LOT more to this game than the previous ones. BOSS BATTLES! That's all I have to say so far.

Mario Kart DS - EdenMaster - 22nd November 2005

Mario Kart DS - Dark Jaguar - 22nd November 2005

They did take out some of the cool stuff from Double Dash, and it's not quite as fast, but they also brought back classic battle mode levels from MK64 as well as made some new ones, so, since you said before the battle mode levels in DD weren't very good, that should make you happy.

Oh, Baby Park is a fun level. The simplest track you can have, 5 laps, straight from DD.

Mario Kart DS - EdenMaster - 22nd November 2005

Yeah, Baby Park always was one of my favorite tracks. Especially in DD when you'd have Red Shells, Greens Shells, Bowser Shells, Fireballs, Big Banana Peels, Regular Banana Peels, and fake item boxes EVERYWHERE! It was the craziest course because you were in such close quarters that everything that was dropped or thrown was really kind of tough to avoid.

Oh yes, DD had some awesome items.

There's the thing, Mario Kart Revolution should have like, EVERY track from the entire series as well as some new ones, single and double kart modes, and every item there has ever been'd! Also, a sparky! My idea for an item that electrocutes the nearest person making the kart go in a straight line (meant for curves). And online mode, more fleshed out, and other things too! Story adventure of sillies! Basically, Nintendo taking back the title of king from Diddy Kong Racing when it comes to single player.

Mario Kart DS - Laser Link - 22nd November 2005

Wait, it is slower than DD? That was way too slow as it it, IMO. Otherwise sounds killer. Having the 64 battle levels is amazing!

SOME of them anyway, and some new ones, and a few DD ones. I haven't tested all of them, but I sort of miss the old SNES skyscraper... Double Dash was slow? On lower speeds, sure, but the 150cc seemed a lot faster than Mario 64. Felt fast and furious to me.

Anyway, DD is a bit slower, but it's still plenty fast enough.

Mario Kart DS - Laser Link - 22nd November 2005

Skyscraper was evil. As long as Double Decker is there, I'm ecstatic.

Skyscraper's "evil" nature is kinda what I loved about it :D.

Ya know, another thing they might want to bring back for MK: Revolution is those speed coins, the ones you ran over to boost your speed as you raced. Optional inclusion in multiplayer mind you :D.

And, your wish is granted, I believe Double Decker IS in there.

Mario Kart DS - Great Rumbler - 22nd November 2005

I've played Mario Kart DS for quite a bit and I've never thought it was "slow" by any means.

Yeah, it's plenty fast.

The only times I really remember the series being "slow" is when I heard about the early builds of DD, but eventually they fixed those issues and that game seems more than fast enough now.