Tendo City
Portable Gamecube?? - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Thread: Portable Gamecube?? (/showthread.php?tid=33)

Portable Gamecube?? - OB1 - 2nd January 2003

I don't believe it for a second, but here's the scoop from Nintendojo:

Quote:Portable GameCube In 2003? Yes Please!

Yahoo! News has reported various speculation regarding what may be coming for 2003 as early as May during the E3 in Los Angeles, California.

While some believe that Microsoft may unveil plans for "Xbox Next" and Sony may unveil some information on the long awaited PlayStation 3, Envisioneering analyst Richard Doherty predicts a portable version of Nintendo's next generation console, the GameCube.

"A portable GameCube device would bring next-generation graphics to the portable market -- a market dominated by Nintendo with no competition from Sony or Microsoft," Doherty said.

While none of this has been confirmed, it does show the many possibilities for Nintendo fans in the extremely near future. We'll have more details once they become available. (als)

Source: Yahoo! News

Speculate.

Portable Gamecube?? - WhiteFleck - 2nd January 2003

What about screen size?

I could see them maybe widening a WaveBird-sized controller and adding a screen, but could/would the screen be worthy of the processing power of the GC? And would that mean Nintendo is pulling out of the console market?

I think Nintendo should, and is, focus on its Gameboy monopoly, popularity, and portability. But not everything is good portable, or is feasable.

...what am I trying to say? I don't think it's possible.

Neither do I.

Portable Gamecube?? - The Former DMiller - 2nd January 2003

Gah! I posted that news yesterday. Do you guys purposely avoid the sites I work at? Anyway, this will most likely have something to do with the LCD screen Nintendo showed at E3 last year.

http://www.n-philes.com/php/epueuylkyzeflzfzeufy.php

Sorry, I couldn't get on internet yesterday so that's why I'm posting the news today.

And I didn't know that you write for N-Philes now. I only knew about nintensity.

That's a pretty interesting theory, though.

Portable Gamecube?? - Laser Link - 2nd January 2003

Yes, you know those mainstream "analysts". Why would Nintendo launch a new portable machine and presumably take a huge loss on it when it would only compete with the GBA and make the GameCube look inferior? This would be about the stupidest thing they could do, aside from releasing all future GameCubes in pink and pacincluding Mary Kate and Ashley games. And that's just the business side. I bet it is just the LCD screen as well.

Portable Gamecube?? - A Black Falcon - 2nd January 2003

Not to mention the battery life of a NGC-Portable... it'd be a matter of a couple of hours... it just isn't practical. No, while a LCD is possible, and MAYBE a car adapter or something, a new portable Cube? Not likely. Portability-enhancing addons are relatively likely, but a real portable Cube Boy or something? I doubt it.

Portable Gamecube?? - Dark Lord Neo - 2nd January 2003

What you don't like Mary-Kate and Ashly

Portable Gamecube?? - Great Rumbler - 18th April 2006

I wonder if Nintendo will show this at E3?

Portable Gamecube?? - Smoke - 18th April 2006

The answer is no.

Portable Gamecube?? - A Black Falcon - 18th April 2006

The rumor came back again, didn't it... but no, no way is it real. Same as last time. :)

Portable Gamecube?? - lazyfatbum - 19th April 2006

Well (OLD THREAD!!!!!) with the small GC disks it's plausible but highly unlikely that thy would release a Game Cube Boy. I could see Nintend releasing a streamlined GC, brand new 80 bucks with a pack-in game. Then either from first or third party, release a screen attachment (which is already available). The GC is already portable with that attachment and I believe the batteries give it a 5 hour life. So if Nintendo released a streamlined GC like they did with NES and SNES and made the thing the size of the revolution or smaller, it would totally be portable for an extra 100 bucks or so.

But Nintendo never released a streamlined N64 and the GC is already tiny (for a console).

Portable Gamecube?? - Dark Jaguar - 19th April 2006

Also, it wouldn't be a cube any more :D. (Of course, it never really was until I attached my Gameboy Player.)

Oh yeah! well... They could put an EMBOSSED CUBE SHAPE ON IT! *nods frantically*

Portable Gamecube?? - A Black Falcon - 19th April 2006

... right, technically there IS a portable Gamecube. There are LCD screens, and I'm sure there is a battery pack and/or car adapter out there... PSOne also... but that's not quite what is meant here, now is it. :)

actually... yes, yes it was. ie: portable Gamecube, which has been portable for quite sometime.... so.....

*smacks you with penis*

TAG!

*run away and fall down*

*dramatic death scene*

*carried off by little people*

*opens small boutique in Wisconsin*

*the little people were wearing tuxedos*

*come by on the weekend I give out free home made turkey jerky if you buy a Pine Cone Bird Feeder*

*I hide my sexual desires in my art*

*the tuxedos were neatly pressed*