Tendo City
Serenity - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Ramble City (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=44)
+--- Thread: Serenity (/showthread.php?tid=3279)

Serenity - A Black Falcon - 13th October 2005

Why the heck isn't there a thread about this here yet... go watch it now, it's fantastic...

Now!

(though it definitely helps quite a bit if you've seen the show... saw it with my dad (during break last weekend), and he hadn't seen the show while I had, and he said that it made less sense since you don't know the characters that well if you haven't seen the show... but it's good either way. :))

Serenity - Dark Jaguar - 13th October 2005

Show? All I've seen are a bunch of commercials for what looks like 5th Element 2, cheesy and actionpact-tiony as any other action movie. Were those commercials misleading?

Firefly. Scifi show on Fox a few years ago. Cancelled after 13 episodes were made. Surely you remember it...

Serenity - Great Rumbler - 13th October 2005

I'll watch it when it comes out on DVD.

It's great though... very good sci-fi film. I think anyone who remotely enjoys science fiction would love it... funny, serious, sad, happy, interesting revelations, major character deaths... Firefly was great, and died sadly far too soon, but this is a fantastic way to make up for losing the show. :)

...and it's always better to see films like this in the theater, the bigscreen is great...

Though I say this after getting someone else to pay for the ticket for me. :D

Serenity - alien space marine - 13th October 2005

great movie!

reccomend!

Even though I never watched the tv show.

Serenity - Dark Jaguar - 13th October 2005

Firefly? No, not really. I almost never even watch Fox. I've only tuned in recently for Family Guy and American Dad. That's about all it's good for.

I have seen a bit of it, enough to never want to watch it again. That's the episode where everyone is infected with "the horny" or something. I really didn't care to give it a second chance after an abysmal "storyline" like that.

Don't judge a sci-fi show by its bad episodes... even the best sci-fi has weak episodes. Doesn't make the shows as a whole bad... that is only true if there is consistency in the lack of quality.

For instance, Babylon 5 has the occasional bad episode... like the awful one in season 1 with the fighting tournament... but it's also one of the great space shows.

And every Star Trek show has episodes like the one you describe. :) Enterprise has several ... oh wait, Enterprise was ... not so good? Yeah, that fits in the 'too many bad episodes' category for sure... and the 'too many really stupid storylines' category... but not Firefly, and definitely not Serenity. It's got a good plot with a thoughtful and introspective idealist assassin trying to kill one of the crew members (of the goodguy ship of lovable rogues)... conspiracies, etc... not the most original story ever for sure, but very well done and very entertaining. I, and, from what I've heard around the net, most other sci-fi fans out there loved it.

(Oh yeah, and I never really watched much Buffy, and never watched Angel, so I can't say that I followed it because I'm a Joss Whedon fan...)