Tendo City
Now this is interesting... - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Ramble City (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=44)
+--- Thread: Now this is interesting... (/showthread.php?tid=3252)

Now this is interesting... - Dark Jaguar - 2nd October 2005

Quote:DID HE REALLY SAY THAT?

Quoted from a Department of Defense News Briefing: at an April 1997 Conference on Terrorism, Weapons of Mass Destruction, and U.S. Strategy, at the University of Georgia, sponsored by former Senator Sam Nunn, U.S. Secretary of Defense William S. Cohen said:

Quote:[Other terrorists] are engaging even in an eco-type of terrorism whereby they can alter the climate, set off earthquakes, volcanoes, remotely through the use of electromagnetic waves. So there are plenty of ingenious minds out there that are at work finding ways in which they can wreak terror upon other nations. It's real, and that's the reason why we have to intensify our efforts, and that's why this is so important.

A brief pause, to recover

So let me get this straight, the people in charge of defending us from actual threats are engaged in pursuing threats with NO scientific basis (electromagnetic waves would cause this... how?) and further, are methods that are only plausible in the mind of a James Bond super villian.

Somehow, I'm not surprised. Don't worry folks, they are on the case forming a squad of people who will defend us from terrorists killing their own and sending their spirits to do us harm. These so called "ghost busters" will make sure to deal with THAT possible threat as well. We can never be too careful, after all, we have infinite resources to spend on stuff like that!

Now this is interesting... - Weltall - 2nd October 2005

This is what Clinton's administration was doing while Al-Qaeda was busy planning to knock over a tower or two.

Very disturbing. Anyway, it shows that no political party has the monopoly on sense.

Now this is interesting... - Great Rumbler - 2nd October 2005

Quote:[Other terrorists] are engaging even in an eco-type of terrorism whereby they can alter the climate, set off earthquakes, volcanoes, remotely through the use of electromagnetic waves. So there are plenty of ingenious minds out there that are at work finding ways in which they can wreak terror upon other nations. It's real, and that's the reason why we have to intensify our efforts, and that's why this is so important.

Isn't that the plot of several James Bond movies?

Now this is interesting... - N-Man - 2nd October 2005

DJ would probably have a heart attack if he knew how many heads of state have relied on unproved-at-best practices (like astrology) to decide the fates of millions.

I do know :D. And not just in this country... Apparently for some time Canada was under the rule of a man who often saught out the advice of a clairvoyant, a medium, someone who never bothered to prove her claims. Basically, he asked her to channel the spirit of his dead mother, and listened to her. So in other words, this psychic was in reality the major ruling force of Canada for a while...

It's all right here in this pamphlet.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Lyon_Mackenzie_King#Personal_life

Now this is interesting... - A Black Falcon - 2nd October 2005

Quote:This is what Clinton's administration was doing while Al-Qaeda was busy planning to knock over a tower or two.

William Cohen is a Republican, you know. :)

Quote:I do know . And not just in this country... Apparently for some time Canada was under the rule of a man who often saught out the advice of a clairvoyant, a medium, someone who never bothered to prove her claims. Basically, he asked her to channel the spirit of his dead mother, and listened to her. So in other words, this psychic was in reality the major ruling force of Canada for a while...

Rarer in modern times... but if you go back into history, that was the norm. :(

Now this is interesting... - geoboy - 2nd October 2005

This reminds me of a website I saw claiming hurricanes Katrina and Rita were caused by terrorists using some electro-whatsit device and heat rays and other BS.

*adjusts tinfoil hat*

Now this is interesting... - Great Rumbler - 2nd October 2005

*covers house in tinfoil*

Tinfoil makes for great potato cooking.

Now this is interesting... - Great Rumbler - 3rd October 2005

Especially in the microwave!

Now this is interesting... - Geno - 3rd October 2005

geoboy Wrote:This reminds me of a website I saw claiming hurricanes Katrina and Rita were caused by terrorists using some electro-whatsit device and heat rays and other BS.

*adjusts tinfoil hat*

If they can afford to make such a device, why is the Middle East still in poverty? :D

The Middle East: the asshole of planet Earth.