Tendo City
That's a lot of posts... - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Ramble City (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=44)
+--- Thread: That's a lot of posts... (/showthread.php?tid=3186)

That's a lot of posts... - Weltall - 10th September 2005

http://rankings.big-boards.com/

The most frequently-visited forums on the internet.

#1 is an anime board called Gaia... 380 MILLION posts. Holy shit.

For the statistically-curious, at our current rate of posting (roughly 33,333 posts per year assuming we reach 100,000 by January 1, which we might), we will reach that mark in approximately 11,400 years.

Also at our current rate of posting, we will have enough posts to qualify being listed on this site in the year 2018.

Get crackin', people.

That's a lot of posts... - A Black Falcon - 10th September 2005

Does that factor in the fact that losing OB1 probably cut our rate in half?

... oh, and I posted a new review. :) Finished Riviera earlier today, so I decided to review it... it's long, I hope people actually read the thing.

I saw it. I noticed that you started writing it on October 10th, 2005.

Yay time travel!

Our posting rate has finally gone back up quite a bit. Not to OB1 levels, but after he left, it seems like the board kinda slowed down altogether for awhile. Now, we're about as active as I would expect us being if he had never been here.

That's a lot of posts... - A Black Falcon - 10th September 2005

Umm... September, yeah... :) (but hey, I just noticed that I had a spelling error in the name of 'Kirby Tilt n Tumble' in the thread title for my review that had been there for since I posted it, so oh well...) I started the review at ten or so and was done by eleven, I think... good game. Long post to describe all I could about it.

Quote:Our posting rate has finally gone back up quite a bit. Not to OB1 levels, but after he left, it seems like the board kinda slowed down altogether for awhile. Now, we're about as active as I would expect us being if he had never been here.

I'm not sure if it's that or if we're just getting used to the significantly slower pace of posting... I'm probably more inclined to say the latter, but perhaps it's sped up a bit since he left (relative to how it was immediately afterwards). Not hugely, though, I think.

That's a lot of posts... - Great Rumbler - 10th September 2005

We have 335 registered members, Gaia has 2,506,724. That makes a difference, I think.

Gaia has more registered members than many states and several small nations.

That's a lot of posts... - Geno - 11th September 2005

Hey, I didn't even notice OB1 wasn't posting anymore. I don't know how I missed that!

That's a lot of posts... - N-Man - 11th September 2005

2018ton!!

That's a lot of posts... - Great Rumbler - 11th September 2005

Quote:Hey, I didn't even notice OB1 wasn't posting anymore. I don't know how I missed that!

He's been gone since May!

That's a lot of posts... - Darunia - 11th September 2005

I've brought Illusion, Colonel Cocoapuffs and Undertow here... they're not our #1 posters, but they've been sticking around. If everyone else here brought in 3 friends to stay, we'd easily have a better Tendo City.

Well, what's y'all excuses?

I don't know three people that would want to come to a Nintendo forum.

That's a lot of posts... - CoconutCommander - 11th September 2005

This is a Nintendo forum?

That's a lot of posts... - Weltall - 11th September 2005

Surprise!

That's a lot of posts... - Darunia - 11th September 2005

There's little more Nintendo here than in the name. This is more of a cyber chatroom, that has a casual videogame theme.

NOW whats your excuse?!

That's a lot of posts... - CoconutCommander - 11th September 2005

I just thought this was an elitist closeminded assholes forum ...thats why I joined

Well, that too. Sometimes Nintendo.

That's a lot of posts... - Weltall - 11th September 2005

Quote:I just thought this was an elitist closeminded assholes forum

Well, I don't like to brag, but...

That's a lot of posts... - A Black Falcon - 11th September 2005

Quote:I don't know three people that would want to come to a Nintendo forum.

You mean it's not a mental institution? Huh... sure seems like it is sometimes!

That's a lot of posts... - Geno - 15th September 2005

Great Rumbler Wrote:He's been gone since May!

I've been gone since April and I just recently came back.

That's a lot of posts... - EdenMaster - 16th September 2005

Still, haven't you noticed the distinct lack of Bo Jackson, Semnat, pointless arguments, posts with just smileys, and huge annoying pictures? Dead giveaways!

I wonder if OB1 will give us another chance once Revolution comes out...probably not :D

That's a lot of posts... - A Black Falcon - 16th September 2005

Quote:Still, haven't you noticed the distinct lack of Bo Jackson, Semnat, pointless arguments, posts with just smileys, and huge annoying pictures? Dead giveaways!

You miss that stuff? :)

I miss the 'real' posts, not that stuff. And yeah, it doesn't look likely at all that he's going to come back... which is more bad than good, even if I really like how much less angry TC is without him. It gets boring here now... (he was in MSN last night, though. With Lazy and Ryan and me and Smoke and Mapel.)

That's a lot of posts... - Undertow - 17th September 2005

Quote:#1 is an anime board called Gaia... 380 MILLION posts. Holy shit.

Only anime fans would waste that much time posting on forums and drool over images of cartoon women with obscenely large breasts.

That's a lot of posts... - Great Rumbler - 17th September 2005

Gaia - 380,000,000 posts and 2,500,000 members, average of 152 posts.

Tendocity - 90,000 posts and 350 members, average of 257 posts.

Dunno

That's a lot of posts... - Dark Jaguar - 17th September 2005

Nuh-uh, we average more like 257.14285714285714285714285714286!

That's a lot of posts... - Great Rumbler - 17th September 2005

Thank you, DJ. We would surely be lost without your disgustingly precise numbers.

That's a lot of posts... - Geno - 18th September 2005

Undertow Wrote:Only anime fans would waste that much time posting on forums and drool over images of cartoon women with obscenely large breasts.

Indeed. What fun it must be to have no job, no money, and altogether just no life. Their only way of getting those expensive anime DVDs is by making a wish list of them on Amazon.com and becoming a webcam whore so that others can pity them and buy stuff for them, whereas the rest of us go to jobs to earn what we want. (And I'd rather have DVDs of great American cartoons such as The Simpsons, Futurama, South Park, and Family Guy. I turn to Japan for video games though.)

That's a lot of posts... - Great Rumbler - 18th September 2005

I'm an anime fan [actually freak is probably closer than fan, but anyway] and I actually work for the money I use to buy anime...and videogames...and scifi/fantasy books...and music CDs...

Yeah, it's no problem if you like anime so long as you actually have a life on the side. I just don't like those webcam whores who spend all their time posting links to eBay auctions in AIM chat rooms or their LiveJournals/Xangas/Blogs for UFO dolls of their favorite bishonen/bishoujo and then whine because they don't have any money and they don't stop whining until somebody gets fed up and says "All right, I'll buy it for you!"

That's a lot of posts... - Dark Jaguar - 18th September 2005

What sort of pages do you GO to?! I don't even know what half of that means!

That's a lot of posts... - Weltall - 18th September 2005

I don't spend any money. I save it all, because I'm moving in six months.

That's a lot of posts... - Great Rumbler - 18th September 2005

If I had to go six months without buying stuff, I'd probably collapse in on myself like a neutron star.

Quote:I don't even know what half of that means!

I understood it.

That's a lot of posts... - A Black Falcon - 18th September 2005

I only don't know what a 'Xanga' is, but by context I guessed that its some kind of livejournal...

Yeah... LiveJournal, Xanga, Blog, they're all the same thing. There are probably several other names for those things too, but the users are still either anime whores as described above or 14-year-old emo freaks who write dark poetry and think they're philosophers. I try to stay away from these sites, but every popular board has these types of people.

Tendo City > every popular board

That's a lot of posts... - CoconutCommander - 19th September 2005

Hey! I am not gonna buy any anime when I know I can get a middle aged american who thinks he has a shot at laying my sweet 14 year old ass to buy it for me. Just flare the lighting a little bit and apply some heavy makeup and you can be just like me, an 14 year old asain internet cam whore. *Sian San* (=

Just because I complain about money on the internet doesn't mean Im really broke, it is just part of my internet ploy for free anime paraphenelia. *Choi Cum Bluk* (=

That's a lot of posts... - Great Rumbler - 19th September 2005

:shiggy2:

That's a lot of posts... - Geno - 19th September 2005

CoconutCommander Wrote:Hey! I am not gonna buy any anime when I know I can get a middle aged american who thinks he has a shot at laying my sweet 14 year old ass to buy it for me. Just flare the lighting a little bit and apply some heavy makeup and you can be just like me, an 14 year old asain internet cam whore. *Sian San* (=

Just because I complain about money on the internet doesn't mean Im really broke, it is just part of my internet ploy for free anime paraphenelia. *Choi Cum Bluk* (=

Good point. I oughta try that sometime. Maybe I could get a wig and try and pass myself off as a girl.

http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=cam_whore

That's a lot of posts... - A Black Falcon - 27th April 2006

I think I was just about right that losing OB1 cut our posting in half. Note how we're not at 100,000 yet, yet at the old rate Ryan states we should have reached that number four months ago...

That's a lot of posts... - Great Rumbler - 27th April 2006

That anime website has over 600 million posts.

That's a lot of posts... - A Black Falcon - 27th April 2006

So in the last eight months they've had 240 million posts, and we've had something like 10,000. 15,000 maybe? :)

That's a lot of posts... - Great Rumbler - 27th April 2006

More or less.

That's a lot of posts... - N-Man - 27th April 2006

We need a forum about Madonna or bling blang or something.