Tendo City
Quiz: Are YOU an evil alien overlord? - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Ramble City (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=44)
+--- Thread: Quiz: Are YOU an evil alien overlord? (/showthread.php?tid=3173)

Quiz: Are YOU an evil alien overlord? - Dark Jaguar - 6th September 2005

Quote:From RADAR Magazine, Summer 2005, we learn this interesting data about a massive 343-question interrogation that Scientology victims are asked while clutching the terminals of the famous e-meter – more fully, the “Hubbard electro-psychometer.” This was invented by a chiropractor named Volney Mathison, but was adopted by Scientology. It is simply a Wheatstone Bridge, a circuit that measures changes in electrical resistance between the two hands of the subject holding the terminals. It is, in effect a very crude lie detector which measures “galvanic skin response.” Scientology “auditors” use it to purportedly examine a person's mental state. The reading given on the meter varies according to the pressure of the hands on the terminals, the moisture on the skin, the ambient temperature, and the area of skin contact. When asked sensitive questions, those being “audited” tend to react by tightening up on the terminals, by sweating, or by shifting their grip – all of which cause the meter reading to fluctuate, thus creating the illusion that something important is happening.

Now, since Scientology teaches that billions of years ago octopus-like aliens dumped masses of major intergalactic criminals here on Earth, and that we’ve inherited the souls that were released when the blue squid vaporized these miscreants, it’s obviously wise for the “auditors” to investigate the hidden secrets of their victims to see if they’re inhabited by the bad guys. Here, taken from the internal Church of Scientology document labeled "HCO WW Sec Form 4", are a few of those 343 questions, designed to cause squeezing and sweating and thus give away those secrets. Honestly, dear reader, can you say that you can answer “no” to all of these penetrating inquiries?

http://www.randi.org/jr/200509/090205alley.html#3

1. Have you ever enslaved a population?
2. Have you ever debased a nation's currency?
3. Have you ever killed the wrong person?
4. Have you ever torn out someone's tongue?
5. Have you ever been a professional critic?
6. Have you ever wiped out a family?
7. Have you ever tried to give sanity a bad name?
8. Have you consistently practiced sex in some unnatural fashion?
9. Have you ever made a planet, or nation, radioactive?
10. Have you ever made love to a dead body?
11. Have you ever engaged in piracy?
12. Have you ever been a pimp?
13. Have you ever eaten a human body?
14. Have you ever given grits to a juvenile to eat?
15. Have you ever disfigured a beautiful thing?
16. Have you ever exterminated a species?
17. Have you ever been a professional executioner?
18. Have you given robots a bad name?
19. Have you ever set a booby trap?
20. Have you ever failed to rescue your leader?

Quiz: Are YOU an evil alien overlord? - CoconutCommander - 6th September 2005

I wonder who the first person/idiot to either try and answer these questions on the post or say yes to one of them is going to be.

You realize of course you forgot to use a question mark.

Besides, aren't you in the military? Are there any of those questions you can say yes to? What, you've never debased a nation's currency by, say, dropping boxes of it into highly populated areas?

I can surely say I've mocked sanity very severely on many an occasion.

ok ok DJ, here I go.

1. Have you ever enslaved a population?no
2. Have you ever debased a nation's currency?yes, but not through the military, i can never take personal credit for anything the miliatry does. This way i cant take credit/blame for humanitarian aid or for bombing raids, and am absolved of all moral conflictions. I know someone who had a breakdown, because they couldn't dissassociate themselves from their job. Anyways, I burned a few dollars in my day, for various reasons.
3. Have you ever killed the wrong person?no
4. Have you ever torn out someone's tongue? ive bit someones tongue hard enough that i actually bit a little itty bitty part off.
5. Have you ever been a professional critic? professional, no. amatuer...
6. Have you ever wiped out a family? of humans no.
7. Have you ever tried to give sanity a bad name? sanity already has a bad name.
8. Have you consistently practiced sex in some unnatural fashion? yes
9. Have you ever made a planet, or nation, radioactive? wtf, no
10. Have you ever made love to a dead body? Mung v. The act of ingesting freshly decomposed stomach/intestinal fluids through the anus vagina. You typically accomplish this by making a seal around the deceased person's anus while a partner stomps on the deceased's stomach forcing the mung into your mouth. You then swallow.
11. Have you ever engaged in piracy? yes
12. Have you ever been a pimp?no
13. Have you ever eaten a human body?parts yes, whole no
14. Have you ever given grits to a juvenile to eat?no
15. Have you ever disfigured a beautiful thing?yes
16. Have you ever exterminated a species?no
17. Have you ever been a professional executioner?no
18. Have you given robots a bad name?they already have a bad name
19. Have you ever set a booby trap?yes
20. Have you ever failed to rescue your leader?no

You can't seperate yourself from your job. Don't even try. :D

You can't say that. That statement is so absurd and unfounded, I would be SHOCKED if anyone here agrees with you on that one. Example: If you don't care about your job, you are separated.

That is not to say I don't care about the airforce.

And a sentence that begins with "I wonder" isn't a question.

Quiz: Are YOU an evil alien overlord? - lazyfatbum - 7th September 2005

You need to add a question mark in that particular phrase because while you begin with an inderect question you embedded a direct one within it. You're also using snap-grammar.

I wonder who the first person/idiot to either try and answer these questions on the post or say yes to one of them is going to be.

"I wonder who will reply to that post." Does not need a question mark

However, you are speaking directly to DJ and asking him directly "I wonder who the first idiot is going to post (to your thread)." Now, as far as I know, a question mark is only available in grammar when you pose a direct question. An indirect question, like "I wonder how many hairs I have on my leg." is a hypothetical and has no real answer, it's a statement declaring the person's mind-set of an individual. You declared your mind set rhetoricaly in the form of a question directly at someone else.

I do it all the time though, I have my own internet way of talking and mixing grammar styles, playing with punctuation, I love throwing out old fashioned interrobangs even when I know they're horrible grammar.

Quiz: Are YOU an evil alien overlord? - CoconutCommander - 7th September 2005

That makes no sense? I dont give a shit about spelling or sinxat. Also, "I wonder" is not a question indirect or not rhetorical or not. "I wonder" is demonstrative statement. Example: "I wonder what time it is." true I used the word what. but i didnt ask anybody anything. the sentance only stated that I wonder. it was not an imperative senatnce so we are not going to use made up punchuatoin. Now if I had said "I wonder, what toime is it?" (notice the comma) you would all be right. But everyone is so eager to get a leg up on ole' CocoaCommander here, we'll all jump into a arguement blind so long as its against him...

How easily you all detracted from the topic of this thread to attack lowly ole me. It's because you all are extreme leftists, and assume because I am in the military that automatically am an avid Bush supporter. You liberal radicals will burn in hell for what you are doing to our youth!! God voted for Bush!!

Quiz: Are YOU an evil alien overlord? - Dark Jaguar - 7th September 2005

Yeah, you're probably right.

But not about the job seperation thing. It doesn't matter how much you care about it, you have to take responsibility for your own actions. If you took a job with the mafia doing something illegal, how sympathetic would the government be to your claim that it was "just a job and I really don't take credit for that, I seperate myself from it". The legal system may well not make such a seperation.

Quiz: Are YOU an evil alien overlord? - lazyfatbum - 7th September 2005

You are using a segmented structure.

You asked a direct question.

You can be seperated from your job, but not your career.

Your mama so fat her blood type is Heinz 57.

Aren't job and career synonemous? Or, perhaps you mean that career refers more to a long term series of jobs a person might have in the same field? Anyway, I can say that while you can mentally seperate yourself, the fact is that you chose to take that job and do as such of your own free will. As such, you are responsible for whatever you did. I'm not saying anything you did was wrong, I'm merely saying that's how it is. However, if you don't care about the logic and are using this as a mental defense, then I won't interfere further. Mainly, because you are a killing machine and it's best not to get on the bad side of one of those...

Anyway, as far as the grammar, I'm leaning towards cap being right namely because I'm not sure where I see the direct question embedded within the mind set statement, but I'm willing to be proven wrong/right.

Quiz: Are YOU an evil alien overlord? - Great Rumbler - 7th September 2005

A job is flipping burgers at McDonalds, a career is Senior VP in Charge of Marketing at IBM.

Im not trying to argue with anyone here, so let me see if I can put this another way. The hand does not feel guilty for stealing. I do not make the decisions about who lives or dies, I just follow orders. This is very tough for me to explain, I guess because I have never really thought about it. I did join the military voluntarily, and I did know there was a war effort going on. I can't say I am totally detached from what I do because I do have some pride, especially when something I was a part of makes CNN. I guess I could beat myself up for all the lives lost as a result of my participation, but there is no point, it needed to be done, better me do it than someone who would beat themsleves up. I do not believe what I am doing is wrong and I don't believe I should be held accountable for doing what I'm ordered. I guess you could look at it like this, I am not taking lives, I am saving lives. Too many people don't look at the bigger picture.

You got yourself a job at a supermarket, can you control the price of deli sandwiches? Darunia?

the mafia = US military = me laughing

You sure did come up with a lot of straw men there...

Allow me to explain. I am not arguing what you did was wrong. I am not arguing you should beat yourself up or feel guilt. I am not arguing that the mafia and the military are equivilant. I also never once stated any of those things.

What I stated is that one must accept responsibility for one's own actions. You can decide for yourself if what you did was right, but you aren't a "hand", you are the rest of the human too. I myself do not find you guilty. The analogy with the mafia was in comparing your argument, not the military, to the argument made by those in the mafia for what they do, that they can't be held responsible because it is merely a job and they were following orders.

Now, there are a billion points of seperation between the two, but the fact of the matter is, even if you were ordered, you weren't being mind controlled, so you are responsible. The main logical reason for not arresting a soldier who's orders were otherwise against the law is simply that it would be very illogical to give an order and then punish for obeying it. It's all about the logic of the system itself more than some way to avoid the soldier feeling "guilt" or anything. The only logical way for a system like that to actually punish one for obeying an order is if that order contradicted some higher order, I imagine, like the Geneva conventions.

Anyway, I'm not saying you should feel guilt, nor am I suggesting you feel pride, but don't pretend you were just some tool they were using. Seperate yourself emotionally, from what you have stated that seems to be for the best. Bury the logic if you must, but don't outright argue against it. It's more or less futile.

Quiz: Are YOU an evil alien overlord? - CoconutCommander - 9th September 2005

I'm not arguing with you for once. You were just able to say it better than I could.