Tendo City
!Darunia Remembers the Classics:OCARINA OF TIME! - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Ramble City (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=44)
+--- Thread: !Darunia Remembers the Classics:OCARINA OF TIME! (/showthread.php?tid=3162)

Pages: 1 2

!Darunia Remembers the Classics:OCARINA OF TIME! - Darunia - 3rd September 2005

Easily best game ever made. Now, I'm sure that I must have done a similar thread to this before, but what the hey, twice around we go!

Favorite Dungeon: Very hard--they're all so good--but probably the Forest Temple.

Least-Favorite Dungeon: Water Temple.

Favorite Theme: Boss music.

Favorite Boss: Bongo-Bongo!

Least-Favorite Boss: Mirror Link... or Ganondorf.

Favorite Site: Hyrule Castle Town... I love hanging out there during night time.

Best Character: Me.

Favorite Memory: The first time playing it (out of 8 times), right after you beat the Dodongo's Cavern, and I appear with a few other Gorons, and give the player a big, warm Goron hug... haha, I'm swell. Cool

!Darunia Remembers the Classics:OCARINA OF TIME! - Undertow - 3rd September 2005

Great game. The dungeon zombies were evil bastards. Not because they're hard, but their hump attack is concerning.

!Darunia Remembers the Classics:OCARINA OF TIME! - Weltall - 3rd September 2005

There is little more fun than the three-heart challenge.

!Darunia Remembers the Classics:OCARINA OF TIME! - Geno - 3rd September 2005

This game rox0rz some major sox0rz. The first time I played it, I was so madly addicted to it. I was in no rush to beat the game; I just kinda sat back and chillaxed for a while. Enjoyed the sites. Especially Hyrule Castle Town, especially at night. Ohhh, the nostalgia... the game was just beautiful. Everything about it... Death Mountain, Lake Hylia, Kakariko Village and its graveyard, Lon Lon Ranch, Zora's Domain, Gerudo Valley (I love cliff diving there), Kokiri Forest... man, what an awesome environment.

On a scale from 1 to awesome, I give OoT a super great!

!Darunia Remembers the Classics:OCARINA OF TIME! - TheBiggah - 3rd September 2005

Fantastic game! Master quest was a good variation, but the orignal will always have a special place in my heart.

-TheBiggah-

!Darunia Remembers the Classics:OCARINA OF TIME! - EdenMaster - 3rd September 2005

Ahh...yes. Truly one of the great games in history, hopefully surpassed by the upcoming Twilight Princess. I remember getting the Biggorons sword...rescuing Epona, that damned Water Temple, and so many other great times I had in OoT.

Ryan, on the other hand, has made it his personal mission to make OoT his bitch, not only that, he succeeded! Beating the game with only three hearts?? Insane! I guess we all have that game we've absolutely obliterated. Case in point, me with FFX. Once you get locked into a game, sometimes you must do it all!

I don't quite have the patience nor skill to attempt something such as the three-heart challenge, so please accept my Wayne's World-esque display of respect:

I'm not worthy!
I'm not worthy!
I'm not worthy!

!Darunia Remembers the Classics:OCARINA OF TIME! - TheBiggah - 3rd September 2005

I have also beaten Ocarina of Time with only three hearts and no deaths. Thank goodness for fairies that fit in a bottle. :)

-TheBiggah-

!Darunia Remembers the Classics:OCARINA OF TIME! - The Former DMiller - 3rd September 2005

Although I don't think it's the best Zelda game ever (that distinction goes to LttP), it was one of the best games of it's generation, and one of the greatest of all time. I've never found someone who didn't like OoT, and if I do I will make sure I kill them to make sure the human race is not contaminated.

Favorite Dungeon: I always liked the Shadow Temple for some reason, but it is very tough to pick a favorite.

Least-Favorite Dungeon: The Water Temple is my least-favorite dungeon because it could be frustrating, but it was still a cool dungeon.

Favorite Theme: Forest Temple music.

Favorite Boss:
Quote:Bongo-Bongo!
Agreed, but Phantom Ganon was pretty cool too.

Least-Favorite Boss: Tough to pick because they were all cool, but I'll say the blob from the Water Temple.

Favorite Site: Lake Hylia

Best Character: Darunia

Favorite Memory: The first time meeting Ganon, right in front of the bridge to Hyrule Castle Town.

!Darunia Remembers the Classics:OCARINA OF TIME! - Geno - 3rd September 2005

Favorite Dungeon: I always liked Jabu Jabu's Belly for some odd reason. The Forest Temple is also cool. I also like the Spirit Temple. This really is a tough choice.

Least Favorite Dungeon: The Water Temple, no question.

Favorite Boss: Iron Knuckle was an awesome mini-boss. My favorite real boss, though, would have to be... yeah, Bongo Bongo sounds like a winner. Phantom Ganon is also awesome. I dunno, I kinda like Volvagia as well.

Least Favorite Boss: Probably Morpha. Gohma and King Dodongo would be better if they were harder.

Favorite Site: Lake Hylia. It's just so beautiful, it makes me wanna visit the place. (If not for the Guays and Blue Tektites.) Ironically, my favorite site houses my least favorite dungeon.

Least Favorite Site: Anywhere on Hyrule Field where I would get chased by a Peahat. I fucking hate Peahats! Oh yeah, and the Haunted Wasteland... actually, the Desert Colossus is even worse because of those damn... whatchamacallits... they pop out of the sand. Yeah, they suck. Guays are also present here.

Best Character: Darunia, definitely. The Great Deku Tree is also pretty cool. Oh, and Sheik. Can't forget Sheik.

Worst Character: King Zora. He's too damn fat. No, wait, scratch that... Navi is the worst character.

Favorite Memory: Just kinda hanging out at Hyrule Castle Town and Kakariko Village. Hell, just hanging out in Hyrule period. Seriously, I just wanna warp into the world of OoT. It'd be an awesome place to hang out.

Least Favorite Memory: The whole damn Water Temple. It's not so complicated now, but during my first two or three trips through the game, it was nervewracking. (Though nicely designed graphic-wise and with great background music.)

!Darunia Remembers the Classics:OCARINA OF TIME! - EdenMaster - 3rd September 2005

Favorite Dungeon: Hmm...I liked the Dodongo's Cavern, though it wasn't very challenging.

Least Favorite Dungeon: Same as everyone else in the freakin' world: the Water Temple

Favorite Boss: Volvagia and the Water Temple amoeba were all pretty cool, though I'd say the jellyfish thing inside Jabu-Jabu was pretty fun to fight.

Least Favorite Boss: Probably the battle with Ganondorf. I'm sure they were just trying to make a throwback to the old battles with Agahnim with the reflecting energy, but come on, it was pathetic.

Favorite Site: Death Mountain was a great tourist location, though if I were to recommend one spot to visit, it'd be Zora's Domain.

Least Favorite Site: the part where you need to follow the Poe through the desert. Either that, or the Hyrule Castle town in the future, when it's crawling with Redead!

Favorite Music: The Gerudo Hideout theme. Awesome. Or the windmill music.

Best Character: So hard to choose...any of the sages, you name it. Oh, and Talon.

Worst Character: N-A-V-I! HEY! LISTEN! IN CASE YOU DIDN'T HEAR ME THE LAST TWENTY TIMES I'VE GIVEN YOU THE SAME INFORMAT...*pulls off her wings and chucks her into Lake Hylia*

Favorite Memory: Stepping out of the future Temple of Time and catching a glimpse of the ring of fire over Death Mountain. Such a great scene!

Least Favorite Memory: Repeatedly getting the frog's eyes from the lab by the lake to King Zora mere seconds too late!!!!

!Darunia Remembers the Classics:OCARINA OF TIME! - Dark Jaguar - 3rd September 2005

Hmm, yes there is always a game a person has to completely decimate so that at no time can that game taunt you in any way.

Case in point: me and FF6.

I feel like I need to beat OOT with 3 hearts now. No, better still, 1 heart! Half a heart! I shall beat the game on NO hearts!

That's what happened to me. FFX can no longer taunt me. Oh sure, it tries to persude me to play a Tidus-only or No Sphere Grid game, but I just remind it that I've beaten everything in it, to stop complaining, and just sit on my shelf and be quiet.

Hey, I had to set an example. If I let FFX walk all over me, every game in my collection would too. Tough love, y'know.

!Darunia Remembers the Classics:OCARINA OF TIME! - A Black Falcon - 4th September 2005

Best console game ever, of course.

Favorite Dungeon: Hmm... there were so many good ones... Water Temple, for the great level? Shadow Temple because it was cool? Desert Colossus? The first dungeon? Hmm... I guess I'll say the Shadow Temple, but it's hardly a runaway victory. :)

Least-Favorite Dungeon: Jabu-Jabu's Belly and the Forest Temple are in close contention here... if you'd asked me after the first time I played the game I'd almost certainly have said 'Forest Temple' but upon replay I didn't dislike that one quite as much, but did still not like Jabu-Jabu much at all, so that's the lucky ... winner ...

Favorite Theme: There are so many good ones... perhaps the Song of Time? Or Zelda's Lullaby, maybe, but I think the other wins.

Favorite Boss: Bongo-Bongo.

Least-Favorite Boss: the water temple boss, for being so pathetically easy... or Phantom Ganon, for being so annoying until you figure out the trick to beating him.

Best Character: Too hard to choose...

Favorite Site: Hmm... Hyrule Field I guess. With Epona, preferably.

Favorite Memory: the first time I did the "avoid the guards" thing in Hyrule Castle, I guess...

!Darunia Remembers the Classics:OCARINA OF TIME! - CoconutCommander - 4th September 2005

I wasn't so excited about the 007 thread, but this...this, I like.

Favorite Dungeon: Water Temple

Least-Favorite Dungeon: Lord Jabu Jabu's belly

Favorite Theme: Gerudo Valley theme

Favorite Boss: Ganondorf (because he was such a pattern based boss it was hard to get hit) or Mirror Link (Once I decided to use the megaton hammer, he was toast)

Least-Favorite Boss: Phantom Ganon

Favorite Site: Graveyard at night with the Poes

Best Character: Saria

Favorite Memory: The first time I rocked Twinrova with a charged mirror shield blast.

!Darunia Remembers the Classics:OCARINA OF TIME! - Geno - 4th September 2005

I've mastered the entire DKC series and Chrono Trigger 100% so that they can never torment me again. I never mastered OoT since I didn't get all the Heart Pieces or Gold Skulltulas, but I found everything else.

Okay, some other categories I left out of my previous post:

Favorite Theme: The Gerudo Valley theme. So catchy. The windmill theme (the Song of Storms) was also great. As far as dramatics is concerned, Zelda's Lullaby. Ohhh, and who doesn't love Saria's Song? This game had excellent music.

Least Favorite Theme: Hard to choose since all the music in the game rules. I suppose the Hyrule Field theme simply because it wasn't the classic Zelda theme.

OoT has the most amazing environment in any video game I've ever played. I seriously want to live there. I'd like to get myself a nice, quaint cottage in Kakariko Village and settle down there. I'd get a part-time job at the Potion Shop or the Bazaar and use the money I make to buy a horse at Lon Lon Ranch so that I can explore Hyrule thoroughly. That'd be so awesome. Dammit, why does this place have to be fictional?!

!Darunia Remembers the Classics:OCARINA OF TIME! - Weltall - 4th September 2005

EdenMaster Wrote:Ahh...yes. Truly one of the great games in history, hopefully surpassed by the upcoming Twilight Princess. I remember getting the Biggorons sword...rescuing Epona, that damned Water Temple, and so many other great times I had in OoT.

Ryan, on the other hand, has made it his personal mission to make OoT his bitch, not only that, he succeeded! Beating the game with only three hearts?? Insane! I guess we all have that game we've absolutely obliterated. Case in point, me with FFX. Once you get locked into a game, sometimes you must do it all!

I don't quite have the patience nor skill to attempt something such as the three-heart challenge, so please accept my Wayne's World-esque display of respect:

I'm not worthy!
I'm not worthy!
I'm not worthy!
While I am proud of defeating this challenge, I have to say that there are people who take it to far greater extremes. One such example is the Three Heart/No Bottle Challenge (as in, no fairies or medicines), and some truly hardcore like to add on fighting Ganon with the Iron Boots. I won't be doing any of that.

And if any game is truly my bitch, it's Silent Hill 2. I've beaten it about fifty times, and I can complete the entire game in just over an hour, often without ever getting hit once.

I've never beaten OoT with only three hearts, but it's been so long since I died, I've forgotten what the Game Over screen in that game looks like.

If you're doing the three heart challenge, might I recommend exercising extreme caution against Iron Knuckle. One swing of his axe can take away six hearts. (I think that's right.)

!Darunia Remembers the Classics:OCARINA OF TIME! - Darunia - 4th September 2005

<B>OoT has the most amazing environment in any video game I've ever played. I seriously want to live there. I'd like to get myself a nice, quaint cottage in Kakariko Village and settle down there. I'd get a part-time job at the Potion Shop or the Bazaar and use the money I make to buy a horse at Lon Lon Ranch so that I can explore Hyrule thoroughly. That'd be so awesome. Dammit, why does this place have to be fictional?!</B>

Yea, that sounds about right... maybe thats why I infact do live in Hyrule. It really is nice here, and if you like, I can send you an Imperial invitation to stay with me atop Death Mountain. I'll even provide you with a tour of the sites you're so fond of!

On a more serious note, I recall there being a lot of buzz about Zelda 64, but I'd never played a Zelda game. I'd always thought of Zelda as been lame, dweeby, nerdish... BUT, my mother offered to put it on reserve for X-Mas '98, so I said ''eh, what the hell. I thought for sure that the big stars of the N64 for that X-mas would be Rogue Squadron, or South Park... after giving them a thorough going-through, I almost reluctantly popped in the Zelda cartridge... and...

... nothing's ever been the same since.

!Darunia Remembers the Classics:OCARINA OF TIME! - EdenMaster - 4th September 2005

Ryan Wrote:While I am proud of defeating this challenge, I have to say that there are people who take it to far greater extremes. One such example is the Three Heart/No Bottle Challenge (as in, no fairies or medicines), and some truly hardcore like to add on fighting Ganon with the Iron Boots. I won't be doing any of that.

Yipes

Holy crap, that's insane. Still, the three-heart challenge requires definite skill, so I still offer my Wayne's World display of respect.

Darunia Wrote:<B>OoT has the most amazing environment in any video game I've ever played. I seriously want to live there. I'd like to get myself a nice, quaint cottage in Kakariko Village and settle down there. I'd get a part-time job at the Potion Shop or the Bazaar and use the money I make to buy a horse at Lon Lon Ranch so that I can explore Hyrule thoroughly. That'd be so awesome. Dammit, why does this place have to be fictional?!</B>

Yea, that sounds about right... maybe thats why I infact do live in Hyrule. It really is nice here, and if you like, I can send you an Imperial invitation to stay with me atop Death Mountain. I'll even provide you with a tour of the sites you're so fond of!

On a more serious note, I recall there being a lot of buzz about Zelda 64, but I'd never played a Zelda game. I'd always thought of Zelda as been lame, dweeby, nerdish... BUT, my mother offered to put it on reserve for X-Mas '98, so I said ''eh, what the hell. I thought for sure that the big stars of the N64 for that X-mas would be Rogue Squadron, or South Park... after giving them a thorough going-through, I almost reluctantly popped in the Zelda cartridge... and...

... nothing's ever been the same since.

Yes, I would indeed love to climb Death Mountain and visit Goron City. The place I would most like to visit is Lake Hylia, but of course I would like to see the castle. You and the king are sworn brothers if I'm not mistaken, correct? Perhaps I could even see the interior, or would that be asking too much? You are also a sage if I do recall, so would it be possible to enter the Kokiri Forest even though I am not a Kokiri? It may be difficult to visit Gerudo Valley, but if at all possible, I would like to see their fortress, and the Spirit Temple. Hell, just take me all over Hyrule!

(/RP mode) Yeah, I played a little of LTTP, but I wasn't really into Zelda until OoT came out. Before, I was strictly obsessed with Donkey Kong. (And Sonic.) I got my N64 for Christmas in '98, so around New Year's Eve '98/New Year's Day '99, I rented OoT and instantly fell in love. I got the game for my 13th birthday in April of 1999 and have since been obsessed with it. Sure, I haven't played it much lately, but I do like to give it a good playthrough every now and then. Sometimes, I just tour Hyrule for the hell of it. Revisit all my favorite spots, play any mini games I come across. I absolutely love OoT.

!Darunia Remembers the Classics:OCARINA OF TIME! - EdenMaster - 4th September 2005

I missed out on the NES Zelda's, though LttP made me a Zelda fan instantly. I couldn't wait for OoT and when I finally got it and first watched Link ride across Hyrule field before the rising dawn...so great...

I've since passed down my N64 and it's games for another generation to enjoy (my nephew), though with OoT on GameCube, Mario64 on DS, and superior versions of just about every other game I liked or had out now for the current consoles, I don't find myself missing it much.

I should probably get my cousins into these games. The generations of the future need to know the greatness that is Ocarina of Time, Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy VII, Super Mario RPG, and every other great game you know but I don't have time to name!

!Darunia Remembers the Classics:OCARINA OF TIME! - Great Rumbler - 4th September 2005

I hate the Water Temple, everytime I load up OoT and play that one I can't find where I'm supposed to go. Then I get frustrated and turn of the system.

Yea, the Water Temple did suck... what with having to raise to level of the water inside, and then fight Mirror Link... but even now, all this talk about OoT in this thread has gotten me so excited, I think I'm going to replay it for a 9th time something this week. Man I can't wait for it!

Once I got to the part with Mirror/Dark Link, the temple was fairly easy, at least compared to what has to be endured just to get up to that point.

The Water Temple should've been awesome, but it wasn't. I mean, the idea of underwater adventuring is awesome, but they had to make the dungeon so damn frustrating, with raising and lowering the water level and just the overall next-to-impossibility of figuring out the puzzles and such. Every other dungeon is at least a little fun, but the Water Temple sucks.

Favorite Dungeon: I love the Forest Temple. It's without a doubt the most atmospheric dungeon in the whole series, and much creepier than the Shadow Temple, despite Shadow being far more overt about it... or maybe because of that. I love the haunting soundtrack, the twisted halls, and the overall surreal, dreamlike quality of the entire place.

Least-Favorite Dungeon: I just don't like the Fire Temple much.

Favorite Theme: Hyrule Field.

Favorite Boss: Bongo-Bongo is definitely the most unique. Twinrova's not far behind. Barinade gets honorable mention.

Least-Favorite Boss: Tough call. Volvagia's an absolute bitch to kill on the three-heart game.

Favorite Site: Fishing Hole. It's so neat to see it at nighttime. Lake Hylia during a storm is nice also. Ice cavern's final room, tied with the fairy fountain, takes third.

Best Character: Darunia.

Favorite Memory: Too many to list.

!Darunia Remembers the Classics:OCARINA OF TIME! - A Black Falcon - 4th September 2005

The Water Temple WAS awesome... it was the Forest Temple that was annoyingly hard to the point that it stopped being fun. :) Of course, its pathecitally easy boss hurt it, but oh well, the level was good enough that that wasn't so bad... really, I know the Water Temple was hard, but I didn't see it as SO much harder than the others, especially once you consider how easy the boss was, unlike some of the others...

Oh yeah, LttP is good too, but I wouldn't call it better than OoT for sure, as I've said before... and I'm also going to maintain my position that it's not as good as LA either. :)

I liked the Forest Temple. Ryan described it rather well. The atmosphere was nice, and it wasn't that hard.

I agree with ABF about Morpha though, it was freakishly easy for being such a difficult dungeon. None of the bosses are really that hard. Volvagia is a decent challenge, Barinade can be a bit of a pain, and Twinrova can also become aggravating, but otherwise, the bosses are pretty easy.

<b> Lake Hylia during a storm is nice</b>

Since when are there atmospheric effects in OoT...? What storm?

I agree with Weltall... the <B>Forest Temple</B> is magnificent. It's eerie, and the soundtrack goes hand-in-hand with it. It has an atmosphere all together unique... a masterly crafted dungeon if ever there was one. I love playing through it: the feel of a vast, abandoned temple, deep in a thick and mystical forest. It's the stuff Zelda is made of. I didn't, however, like Phantom Ganon. The awesome way he comes out of the paintings is very original, but... 'eh. I just feel that they should have created a more original boss than an identical ghost form of Ganon. A forest ghost of some kind.

As a Goron, I'm naturally fairly fond of the <b>Fire Temple</b>. Once again, it's a masterfully crafted piece of dungeon lore. With the eerie Islamic chanting music, and the background ambience... you can almost feel the heat from Death Mountain through your TV. Plus, there were some pretty cool rooms, (that huge, huge pillar that you have to hit with the Megaton hammer, and then it falls all the way down to the bottom in the end)... and Volvagia was a pretty cool boss too. I mean, he sucks for what he did to my people... but he's fun to fight in the game.

My thoughts on the <b>Water Temple</b> are already known. The music does go very well with the water-theme, but besides that, I just don't like it very much... it's not as much fun to explore as the others are, and the boss isn't that enthralling to fight, either.

The <b>Shadow Temple</b> is cool, and suitably creepy. Bongo Bongo is, as we've pretty much unanimously agreed, the best boss by far. The rest of the temple is fun to explore, but less so than Fire and Forest.

The Desert Colossus and the <b>Spirit Temple</b> were never my favorite dungeon, but even I have to admit that they are well-crafted. The huge main room with the giant, knelt statue is something cool all right. Killing the witch sisters is kind of a bother, though.

Quote:Since when are there atmospheric effects in OoT...? What storm?

Lake Hylia is perpetually stormy until you defeat the Water Temple.

You also get this same effect the Kakariko Graveyard. I love to listen to the storm.

I liked the Spirit Temple. Its design is indeed well-made. The fight against Iron Knuckle is fun, especially when you fight him as a kid since that makes it a lot harder. He's probably one of the most fun enemies to fight.

!Darunia Remembers the Classics:OCARINA OF TIME! - Dark Jaguar - 4th September 2005

And then there's the fun of playing the song of storms in various areas and looking at the skyline. Try it out next time you are lost in the desert. Strange pyramids off in the beyond...

Anyway, I loved the water temple because of the challenge involved. It's enjoyable, it has Shadow Link (which is a boss I love, even though that guy isn't as hard as his incarnation in Zelda 2, which is to be expected since in Zelda 2 he's the last boss), and I actually thought the last boss was pretty neat.

Darunia is a funny character, as is the entire goron race. However, I think my favorite character is Link :D.

It still seems odd calling OOT a "classic", it just doesn't seem all that old.

I consider any good game for a system no longer having games produced for it to be a classic. That includes all good N64 games such as OoT.

!Darunia Remembers the Classics:OCARINA OF TIME! - Dark Jaguar - 4th September 2005

I can see that, but for me it takes a number of years to pass before I can consider something a classic. For example, SNES games are now classics to me, though SMRPG feels kinda recent among them...

Quote:I liked the Forest Temple. Ryan described it rather well. The atmosphere was nice, and it wasn't that hard.

I agree with ABF about Morpha though, it was freakishly easy for being such a difficult dungeon. None of the bosses are really that hard. Volvagia is a decent challenge, Barinade can be a bit of a pain, and Twinrova can also become aggravating, but otherwise, the bosses are pretty easy.

Forest Temple annoyed me for some reason, and Phantom Ganon was just cruel... as for the bosses, I think I'd say that the Water Temple boss was the easiest one, since I beat it without dying... I died more than most people in that game it seems, but that was one of the (few/only?) bosses I beat without dying... and it's not like I was very close to dying either. When it died I thought "that's it?"... a neat idea for a boss, but the challenge (and fight length) just wasn't there. The same thing applies to most of the bosses in WW... even when they're pretty cool, the lack of difficulty hurts their lasting appeal.

!Darunia Remembers the Classics:OCARINA OF TIME! - Geno - 5th September 2005

I never die against any of the bosses. Volvagia's come close a few times though. I think I may've actually used a fairy when fighting him before.

!Darunia Remembers the Classics:OCARINA OF TIME! - Laser Link - 5th September 2005

I've done the 3-heart challenge too. It was actually only the second time I played through OoT. Fun stuff. I found it is most helpful to have 1 fairy and 3 bottles of milk. That way you get one insurance life if you make a stupid mistake or an enemy gets a lucky hit (like those Iron Knuckles) but you also get 6 life-refills since each bottle of milk holds 2 drinks. I'm playing through MM and WW this way as well, and got stuck at the fish boss in the Water Temple on MM. That was a couple years ago though... WW I played more recently, and am starting on the Triforce Hunt.

It really is a fun and challenging way to play though the games. I highly recommend it. I think I tried with LttP, but there was some reason that you couldn't stay at only 3 hearts, like you automatically got one after each boss. I can't remember...

But anyway, I still hold Ocarina of Time as my favorite game ever. LttP is 2nd. Some things that I recall being special:
Kakariko Village. The music, the atmosphere, and most especially that cutscreen tour of the village the first time you enter it.
Running up the steps of Gannon's Tower around and around while the creepy organ gets louder and louder, finally entering his room and seeing him playing with his back turned.
Jumping out of Lon Lon Ranch with Epona the first time.

Everything about the game was so well done. It was so new and fresh, and now so much of what was introduced in OoT is just standard. Like the day/night stuff. I spent hours watching the sun move through the sky and how the light changed and the shadows and all that. Special times.

I really think they are going to be able to top OoT with Twilight Princess. I don't know how, but I think it's gonna happen.

OoT was indeed a very innovative game. Really, the only reason I like FF7 better is because of the storyline and cast of characters. OoT pwnz it in every other aspect, namely gameplay and environment. (Though FF7 did have the Highwind. Major plus for that.)

!Darunia Remembers the Classics:OCARINA OF TIME! - TheBiggah - 5th September 2005

Laser Link Wrote:I really think they are going to be able to top OoT with Twilight Princess. I don't know how, but I think it's gonna happen.

It would be nice, but highly unlikely.

-TheBiggah-

!Darunia Remembers the Classics:OCARINA OF TIME! - EdenMaster - 5th September 2005

"Never underestimate Nintendo"

;)

I, for one, <i>hope</i> they surpass OoT. If they can manage to make a game that is better than one that we almost all consider one of the greatest games of all time, then that is truly something to celebrate.

It's hard to imagine it outdoing OoT, but here's to hoping! Even if it isn't better than OoT or even as good as it, we know one thing's for sure: it'll be damn good. Better than MM. Better than WW. It'll at least be the best game since OoT.

!Darunia Remembers the Classics:OCARINA OF TIME! - Darunia - 5th September 2005

For me, no game will ever out do OoT... it's all about the nostalgia for me. Playing OoT, even today, brings me back to simpler times, back in high school...

Yeah, the nostalgia of OoT is powerful. I don't imagine anything else will ever meet the level of nostalgia that OoT brings.

Heh heh... coincidentally, OoT is where I first saw the word "nostalgia" used.

!Darunia Remembers the Classics:OCARINA OF TIME! - Weltall - 5th September 2005

We should all play again and keep a sort of running diary of our experience.

Once I finish Chrono Trigger, I'll probably start a new file on OoT. I was going to play through FF9 next, but... eh, it can wait. OoT is shorter anyway, so I'll get to FF9 soon enough.

!Darunia Remembers the Classics:OCARINA OF TIME! - Dark Jaguar - 5th September 2005

Not if you play the speed challenge in FF9 :D. You may already be aware of this, but the Excalibur 2 sword, strongest weapon in the game, can be unlocked if you manage to get to near the last screen in the game within about 12 hours. There will be an examine point that vanishes if the timer passes that designated time. Examine it and you get that sword.

However, you can bet you need to sacrifice a very large number of other side quests to get there (or at least put them off, but sacrificing will play a part). Also, you'll need to skip FMVs to really shave off some time, and consider skipping save points, and levelling up isn't exactly your "bag" in this mode, stick with stocking up on potions whenever possible and just equipping whatever is presented to you on the main quest.

!Darunia Remembers the Classics:OCARINA OF TIME! - Geno - 6th September 2005

Yeah, I've heard of that mission, but I never even considered attempting it. If you ask me, rushing through the game would take away from its enjoyability. (I'd imagine most people who attempt this quest would do it no sooner than their second time through the game.)

!Darunia Remembers the Classics:OCARINA OF TIME! - Dark Jaguar - 6th September 2005

Well duh! It's not meant for the first time! But, the idea isn't to take away enjoyment. It's meant as a "time trial". I guess it all depends on whether or not you enjoy time trials.

!Darunia Remembers the Classics:OCARINA OF TIME! - Darunia - 6th September 2005

I agree with Weltall, we should. I for one am ready and willing... I could start a serious attempt as early as tonight. I woudn't be racing anyone, though, I'd be playing at my own pace, enjoying it, but it'd still be fascinating to be playing simultaneously with you guys.

!Darunia Remembers the Classics:OCARINA OF TIME! - Weltall - 6th September 2005

I don't quite understand why everyone still calls me Weltall, even though I stopped using the name over a year ago :D