Tendo City
!Darunia Remembers the Classics: GOLDENEYE! - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Ramble City (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=44)
+--- Thread: !Darunia Remembers the Classics: GOLDENEYE! (/showthread.php?tid=3154)

!Darunia Remembers the Classics: GOLDENEYE! - Darunia - 1st September 2005

This is my GoldenEye homage thread, because we all know that there'll never have been a game worthy to touch the ground where GoldenEye hath trodden! So, let's pull up a few chairs, sip got cocoa, and remember the good old days when GoldenEye was on every TV screen across the country, and Nintendo still had a sizable portion of the industry under its belt!

GoldenEye was the first console game I ever beat, believe it or not.

Favorite Multiplayer Character: For years, I would ONLY play as Bond... more recently, Russian Infantry.

Multiplayer Level: Complex or Stack

Weapon: Phantom

Single Player Level: The Archives!

LEAST Favorite S-Player Level: Easily, Control Center. That's the only level that I could never beat in OO-agent... thus, depriving my of the Egyptian level. All because Natalya had to go on and die one me every time.

Level music: All the music is great, but the theme to The Train Depot is the best.

!Darunia Remembers the Classics: GOLDENEYE! - Dark Jaguar - 1st September 2005

Oddjob, nothing else.

!Darunia Remembers the Classics: GOLDENEYE! - Great Rumbler - 2nd September 2005

There's a lot of weird threads lately.

It's Jaws all the way for me.

!Darunia Remembers the Classics: GOLDENEYE! - The Former DMiller - 2nd September 2005

Nothing weird about this thread because Goldeneye got me through high school and half of college. I'll post my thoughts on it after work.

!Darunia Remembers the Classics: GOLDENEYE! - Geno - 2nd September 2005

I've been thinking about Goldeneye, maybe giving it another playthrough. It was quite the game for its time. Very fun indeed.

!Darunia Remembers the Classics: GOLDENEYE! - Great Rumbler - 2nd September 2005

I've been listening to music from Goldeneye.

!Darunia Remembers the Classics: GOLDENEYE! - Darunia - 2nd September 2005

Great Rumbler, where can I get that music from? I'd love to have all the level themes...

http://gh.ffshrine.org/

You can get Goldeneye music there as well as music from many other games.

!Darunia Remembers the Classics: GOLDENEYE! - A Black Falcon - 2nd September 2005

Goldeneye's okay, but the story is incomprehensibl and the multiplayer is lacking (no bots!)... it's a game that was fun to play through but I doubt I'd want to buy.

!Darunia Remembers the Classics: GOLDENEYE! - CoconutCommander - 2nd September 2005

The story was incomprehensible because it was a companion piece for the movie, which by the way marked the decline in Bond movies.

Bond movies started sucking when they started getting away from what made a Bond movie a Bond movie. Old Bond formula (tried and true) James, here is the threat. This is your mission. Go! New Bond Formula (eh...w/e) James, uh..you can't trust who you are working for, time to take things into your own hands. Watchout. Rogue double Agents. You aren't a 00 agent anymore. Even though it's a staple of your character to escape ingenious death traps, you managed to get caught and detained in a N Korean wicker basket for six months. Let's start giving more focus to lead female characters. Let's get away from Ian Flemming's old fashioned way of thinking. Go!

I loved the grenade launchers though. And the sound clip for the rockets firing will stay with me until I'm well into my grave.

!Darunia Remembers the Classics: GOLDENEYE! - The Former DMiller - 2nd September 2005

Did ABF just say what I thought he said? Okay, GE may have been lacking compared to your PC FPSers, but the multiplayer in that game set the trend for every console FPSer to come, and it really started the era of 4-player console gaming. My friends and I played that game all through high school, and of course I dominated at it. Most of my friends were big videogame fans, but we all still loved that game. In college N64 was the system to own, and Goldeneye was the key game to own for N64. Everyday you could find someone down my dorm floor playing the game, and there even was a dorm-wide tournament one day. Goldeneye was one of the games of the N64/PSX generation that really led to gaming become more of a social hobby, and brought gaming more into the mainstream. Anyway...

Favorite Multiplayer Character: I still only play as Bond. A friend of mine in college I would play all the time was always 006, and we even wrote up a scoreboard to keep posted in my room keeping track of our battles. My friends always try to steal Bond from me, but I usually get the first controller so I can beat them to the punch.

Multiplayer Level: Facility

Weapon: Grenade Launchers

Single Player Level: The Streets level was awesome with the tank, but my favorite level was probably the Silo.

LEAST Favorite S-Player Level: Definitely the Control Center. It was the last 00-Agent level I beat. Yes, I did beat them all, but it sure wasn't easy. The Egyptian level is pretty cool in single-player, but it isn't anything special for multiplayer.

You've got to remember that ABF is the same person who doesn't like the multiplayer on SSBM, sooo. Anyway, multiplayer Goldeneye was, for me, the height of awesome. I played it for hours on end with many different people. It set the standard that just about every console FPS since used and added to.

!Darunia Remembers the Classics: GOLDENEYE! - A Black Falcon - 2nd September 2005

I played it multiplayer a couple of times like five years ago, it's fine... I'd rather play other games of course, though, and the lack of computer opponents makes it kind of dull with just two people... but I'm just not a FPS person. I haven't exactly put huge amounts of time into any multiplayer FPS, and there's a reason for that... it's not that they aren't fun, but for some reason they just don't capture my intrest as much as other games do...

For instance, I'd far rather play Metal Slug 3 or Metal Slug 4+5 than Halo or Halo 2 on X-Box. Those first two would be must-buys if I had that console... the second two would be "don't even consider"s.

I remember times when we'd have 4-player matches of Goldenye, setting proxy mines all over the place that would blow people to bits, hiding around corners, punching people, blasting the place up with rockets, hiding in the bathroom in that one level, man, such good times.

<b>Goldeneye's okay, but the story is incomprehensibl and the multiplayer is lacking (no bots!)...</b>

I'm sorry, ABF, but GoldenEye's multiplayer was not lacking in any respects. It was the definitive shooter over the era... for me, it's dominion was only ever surpassed by Perfect Dark. Bots would've made GoldenEye better for sure, but even without them, it was simply the best game out there. So many great deathmatches... and, by the way, I'm the best in the world.

Sure, whatever... it just doesn't interest me for long. :)

There are a lot of N64 multiplayer games I'd rather play... I mean, PD is fun to play multiplayer. But so incredibly awesome that nothing else should even be looked at, or that I could spend dozens of hours playing the thing? No way...

Clearly we're just two gamers with very different taste in games. At least we both know that nothing beats Ocarina of Time... <i> right</i>...?

On consoles, yes. :)

!Darunia Remembers the Classics: GOLDENEYE! - Great Rumbler - 3rd September 2005

You're so different, ABF.

!Darunia Remembers the Classics: GOLDENEYE! - A Black Falcon - 3rd September 2005

OoT is the best console game ever made... Starcraft is the best game ever made.

!Darunia Remembers the Classics: GOLDENEYE! - Great Rumbler - 3rd September 2005

Yes, Starcraft is pretty awesome.

!Darunia Remembers the Classics: GOLDENEYE! - Geno - 3rd September 2005

Four years later, I still like FF7 best. (I know, FF7 is eight years old, but I was a newbie to the game.)

OoT is my favorite Nintendo game though.

!Darunia Remembers the Classics: GOLDENEYE! - Darunia - 3rd September 2005

I'm just stuck in the N64 era, though. Even now, GoldenEye, PD, OoT and MM are my favorite games of all time... PC offers Dark Forces, Doom, King's Quest 4, Jedi Knight, and Return to Castle Wolfenstein.

!Darunia Remembers the Classics: GOLDENEYE! - Geno - 3rd September 2005

N64 did indeed have some gems: OoT, CBFD, MK64, Paper Mario, Starfox 64, so many I don't have time to name them. Those were the days... that, and the SNES days. That was the climax of video games.

!Darunia Remembers the Classics: GOLDENEYE! - A Black Falcon - 3rd September 2005

N64 has so many good games... certainly more than I've found on GC, I'd say...

!Darunia Remembers the Classics: GOLDENEYE! - Geno - 4th September 2005

Indeed.

N64 > GCN

!Darunia Remembers the Classics: GOLDENEYE! - Darunia - 4th September 2005

Here, here. The only real must-haves I've got on my GC were ReMake and Mario Kart: DD.

!Darunia Remembers the Classics: GOLDENEYE! - Weltall - 4th September 2005

N64 is gay.

Shut up, you gay-ass PSX-er! N64 loads faster! And has the best multiplayer options! And better games! :)

All you have is Zelda. Zelda Zelda Zelda!

Edit: You cocksucking assrape.

Wow, it's like we're in 1999 again! Fortress 64 forever!

Gaystation?

PSX is gay! All you have is Final Fantasy, which takes a year to load!

No wait... I mean... N64 is gay, all you have are Zelda and Goldeneye! Also, I have a friend who put his cartridges and CDs into the washer and dryer and the CDs worked just fine, but the cartridges were messed up, so CDs are better!

But then again, CDs break if you throw them at a wall and cartridges don't! Nintendo throws their cartridges off their roof to test them!

Wait, um... which side am I on again?

If you ever want to accept my offer to tour Hyrule as a guest of the Goron court, you'll be on the N64 side. Cool

Noted. *whips out cock and wizzes on the PSX logo*

Nintendo used to be Atari, but became Nintendo when they realized Atari sucked.

The old members may remember, but for the rest, that was a real, honest-to-God quote by one of the Nintendo members, no less. I had so much fun with it.

Tuesday is GayStation's sixth birthday.

!Darunia Remembers the Classics: GOLDENEYE! - A Black Falcon - 4th September 2005

N64 is better because it has more good games... :)

Ryan Wrote:Nintendo used to be Atari, but became Nintendo when they realized Atari sucked.

The old members may remember, but for the rest, that was a real, honest-to-God quote by one of the Nintendo members, no less. I had so much fun with it.

Tuesday is GayStation's sixth birthday.

Whatever happened to Mew Fucker Bullshitting Child anyhow? :D

Hahah Mew, I remember 'em. And Lynxtor, and MFBC Leader, and Boris Grishenko, and all the rest... and EdenMaster was this mythical leader who'd left one day never to return, and in his absence I was the N64 leader... and then BountHunter and I had a power struggle...

MFBC's unique personality eventually grated on everyone on both sides and he took off. He was the only one of them all that never came here.

He truly was one disturbed person.

Yeah.

I miss BH and Gris though, they were both pretty cool guys.

Yeah, whatever happened to them? I haven't talked to them in years. They were awesome.

Now Boris, THERE was a cool chap, it's a shame he disappeared... what was he, Danish? Wouldn't be be the crowning achievement of all human events if we could one day find him, and bring him back here with us to TC... swap old war stories with him about the good old days.

!Darunia Remembers the Classics: GOLDENEYE! - Geno - 5th September 2005

I love how he ended all his posts with "Greeeetz Boris." It seemed so... foreign. And interesting.