Tendo City
A rare find... - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Ramble City (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=44)
+--- Thread: A rare find... (/showthread.php?tid=3148)

A rare find... - Great Rumbler - 28th August 2005

The other day I went to a local pawn shop and found this:

Dragon Warrior 4
Final Fantasy 2
Final Fantasy 3
Chrono Trigger

$2 each.

A rare find... - Weltall - 28th August 2005

................................fuck :(

I feel kind of sorry for the poor sap who accepted EZ Pawn's peanuts for these priceless gems.

A rare find... - Dark Jaguar - 28th August 2005

"EZ Pawn"? Ahahaha! When your life is a wreck and the only hope you have left is to sell all your posessions just to get the 50 bucks you need to pay for rent this month, EZ Pawn! We take all the work out of being a failure!

A rare find... - Darunia - 28th August 2005

That's a severe case of someone not knowing what they had in their hands.

Indeed.

A rare find... - Weltall - 28th August 2005

You didn't specify as to whether you bought these items.

I didn't, I thought I'd leave them for someone else to find.

Yes, I bought them! Are you crazy?!

A rare find... - A Black Falcon - 28th August 2005

... wow... I wish I had a pawnshop like THAT around... :)

I mean, I now have 14 SNES games (10 from the local gamestore, 4 from the flea market (saturday, got Killer Instinct, NBA Jam TE, and some lesser stuff)... don't have any RPGs, though. Haven't seen any for sale... they're rare. And I don't want to spend like $40-50 for Chrono Trigger (ebay)...

A rare find... - Dark Jaguar - 28th August 2005

Hey GR, did you already have CT? What I'm basically doing here is asking what ABF would have to pay to get you to send that to him in the mail. If you didn't have it until now, never mind :D.

A rare find... - Weltall - 29th August 2005

The hell with ABF! What do *I* have to pay you for it?

C'mon, you know I'd appreciate it far more, and he's too much of a wuss to give you his mailing address anyway :D

A rare find... - Great Rumbler - 29th August 2005

Sorry, but CT isn't going anywhere. :)

A rare find... - A Black Falcon - 29th August 2005

Quote:C'mon, you know I'd appreciate it far more, and he's too much of a wuss to give you his mailing address anyway

I gave LL my address when I won that E3 stuff... :)

Quote:Sorry, but CT isn't going anywhere.

Well yeah, when something that fortunate happens of course you're going to keep it... I just wish I could find it too... FF2 and FF3 would be nice too of course, but CT has precidence.

A rare find... - Great Rumbler - 29th August 2005

It all comes down to luck really. You just have to keep looking around.

A rare find... - Laser Link - 29th August 2005

Quote:I gave LL my address when I won that E3 stuff...

And what he doesn't know is that I added him to the National Republicans Club mailing list! j/k

A rare find... - A Black Falcon - 29th August 2005

If that were true I'd probably have noticed by now. :)

A rare find... - Geno - 1st September 2005

$2 for Chrono Trigger? You suck. I bought it for $77 on eBay back in 2001... months before it was rereleased for the PSX. :S

I've never played Dragon Warrior 4, and as for the FF games, I've downloaded ROMs and beaten them in the past.

A rare find... - EdenMaster - 2nd September 2005

I found FF2 and FF3 at a garage sale a few years back for about 5 bucks each. I stiil have them.

A rare find... - Great Rumbler - 3rd September 2005

They were all in the original box too.

A rare find... - Geno - 3rd September 2005

Damn... the cheapest copy of Chrono Trigger I could find on eBay was the cartridge alone. I got ripped off! :cuss:

A rare find... - A Black Falcon - 3rd September 2005

Nah, you paid EBay Prices ™ -- defined as "prices far higher than anyone would pay for the same object if they were buying or selling it in a physical location as opposed to the internet"... :)

No, I think a lot of those people WOULD pay that price if they saw it in a store. I probably wouldn't though.

I got DKC3 for about $18 there because it's not that popular. No one tried to outbid me. Chrono Trigger was all the rage though. The cheapest auction I could find that was ending soon was for $56. I had a bid race with the other guy, and when it ended (three seconds to spare), I had to pay $73, plus $4 shipping, for a total of $77. I should've waited for the Playstation version to come out. (I would've still bought the SNES version, but I'd imagine the demand for it would have gone down at least a little bit.)

It still goes for about $50 with the box, more if it's complete.

A rare find... - A Black Falcon - 3rd September 2005

Yeah, but not $73 very often anymore...

Yeah, especially if it's incomplete and doesn't contain the box and instructions.