Tendo City
farewell Scotty R.I.P - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Ramble City (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=44)
+--- Thread: farewell Scotty R.I.P (/showthread.php?tid=3064)

farewell Scotty R.I.P - alien space marine - 21st July 2005

[Image: scottyhomage.JPG]

1920-2005

farewell Scotty R.I.P - Great Rumbler - 21st July 2005

Scotty: Beam me up, God!

farewell Scotty R.I.P - me - 21st July 2005

Farewell scotty!

[Image: stuss_enterprise_a01.jpg]

That makes Bones and scotty who is now next to come to man the heavenly enterprise?

farewell Scotty R.I.P - EdenMaster - 21st July 2005

Aw, that's a shame. What got him? Klingons?

His epitaph:

"I gave it all I've got, captain! I canna take any more!"

In all seriousness, this is very sad. Scotty was my favorite :(

farewell Scotty R.I.P - A Black Falcon - 21st July 2005

Sad... :(

farewell Scotty R.I.P - Weltall - 21st July 2005

I think Scotty had the best scene ever in Star Trek.

It was this one episode from the original series, where some aliens from somewhere take over the Enterprise and try to pilot it back to their universe somewhere... whatever. Anyway, Scotty and one of the aliens start drinking, and he's fucking hilarious.

Alien: "What is this stuff?"
Scotty: *thinks* "...it's green!"

That would be the "kelvins" who hijacked the enterprise to travel to the "andromeda galaxy".

Scotty needed to take out the alien guy but was to afraid cause of his "morphing belt" that would turn people into sugar cubes ,So he got the alien drunk untill he passed out instead by challenging him to a drinking match and scotty staggerd around the ship drunken himself trying to help the others.

farewell Scotty R.I.P - Darunia - 22nd July 2005

I can't believe that he was missing his right middle finger all the while, since D-Day, and they managed to never show it once on the show or in any of the movies...

farewell Scotty R.I.P - Great Rumbler - 22nd July 2005

I heard about that too, pretty weird.

farewell Scotty R.I.P - Weltall - 22nd July 2005

From the days when Hollywood actors put their lives on the line to defend their country, instead of the days when they complain about how rotten it is.

farewell Scotty R.I.P - alien space marine - 23rd July 2005

Ryan Wrote:From the days when Hollywood actors put their lives on the line to defend their country, instead of the days when they complain about how rotten it is.

He lossed his finger working in artilery .boom! Apparently some of his health problems came from a enemy chemical exposure in WW2.
But Jim waisnt a pussie even missing a finger he could still pilot a airplane as a pilot even the WW1 double winged types my great grandfather flew in for the Uk royal air core.

Actually Jimmy waisnt a hollywood actor or even a actor till after the war when they gave out all those nice post service packages and he got involved in theatre.

Its true hollywood actors dont actually enlist do they? Umless they are some low barrel unestablished actors who can only get minor parts.

I think Doohans heroism on D day like all of those veterans should be one of the things he should be remebered most for then a whiskie drinking scottsman who can make a ship go warp 7! Juno beach at dieppe france was one of the bloodiest of the d day landings since the element of surprise was gone as the americans and brits already had made landing at their sites giving the germans at Juno a tip off to rear up, But they were all mostly volunteers unlike most of the other deployed landing forces.

I dont know to my knowledge what Doohan thought of 9/11, Although he was begining to slide into Alseimers.

Even Elvis I gather is a better patriot then some folks in hollywood today in their scientology and Kabalah cults.

The bombings in London have alterd my position on things as of late,Reading the quran has showed me that islam is anything but peaceful or "kind at heart" especially to us disbelieving infidels.

The speech of Prime ministry John Howard of australia after the bombings , Pretty well said it with good clarity , he stated the terrorism didnt start over iraq as people think and forget their history , He said 88 australian were masacred in 2002 in bali way before Iraq even came into discussion globally much less accured, What did Bali do to threaten Islam that they need to do this atroscity ? Nothing.The terrorist made threats on austrlia for years before 9/11, Over east timor, Even the first gulf war, Afghanistan.

Personally I think mr Howard is better at articulating Bush position then Bush himself.

farewell Scotty R.I.P - Great Rumbler - 23rd July 2005

Islamic terrorists have been fighting us long before we invaded Afghanistan or Iraq.

farewell Scotty R.I.P - A Black Falcon - 23rd July 2005

Yes, and our invading Iraq gave them the perfect opportunity to ramp it up to a level many times higher.

I'm sure they would have done it anyway.

farewell Scotty R.I.P - Darunia - 23rd July 2005

From the days when Hollywood actors put their lives on the line to defend their country, instead of the days when they complain about how rotten it is.

Ah-fucking-men.

Rest in peace, James.

Quote:I'm sure they would have done it anyway.

Done what, exactly? Attacked Iraq? They're there because of Bush's stupidity. Not for any other reason. As for Britain... well, why were they attacked? Yeah, because they have troops in Iraq, probably... and whose lead was Britain following on Iraq? Yeah.

Terrorists don't need logical reasons to blow themselves and others up, but they do like to use hot-button issues as cloaks for their deeds.

You're ignoring virtually all of the facts and you know it.

So you don't think terrorists would be trying their hardest to kill Americans even if we hadn't invaded Iraq?

farewell Scotty R.I.P - thedudenextdoor - 23rd July 2005

Rest in Peace James
*sigh
when i read he died in news, i wanted to cry..

farewell Scotty R.I.P - alien space marine - 23rd July 2005

The thing is some go so far off they think all the terrorist attacks on the west is our fault and we desserve it, Some fuck to that effect.

The average person is unaware or incapable of doing anything , So having angry venegeful pricks blow themselves up murdering your people in the bulk terrorising you doesnt make you very sympathetic to them.

Osama Bin ladin follows the ultra radical wahabist islamic cult, That sees gods plan for muslims is to "take over the world" and establish a islamic world empire rid of all disbelievers *infidels* wipe out all the vile "heathen" things and make the world muslim to prostrate to Allah. Osama Bin ladin makes excusses trying to say he is doing it for some "retaliation" but given al qeada activities supporting militant forces in which attempt uprisings to overthrow local authorities establish islamic sharia laws forcibly imposing islam on the masses.Thats what happend in east timor australia a neighboring country respounded by protecting the democractic goverment the majority of its citizens from islamic militant radical revolutionaries linked with al qeada beat them out , So down the road al qeada targeted the bali night to club to whack some australians in revenge for their defeat in that war for some payback.

"9:5 Then, when the sacred months have passed, slay the idolaters wherever ye find them, and take them (captive), and besiege them, and prepare for them each ambush. But if they repent and establish worship and pay the poor-due, then leave their way free. Lo! Allah is Forgiving, Merciful."

This is one of many passages in the quran ,In Islam Idolatry is defined as "polytheism" in the quran christian trinity belief is viewed as a idolatry !

Bassically this is go homicidal cut them to pieces make them beg for mercy, If they ask for it.

"9:14 Fight them! Allah will chastise them at your hands, and He will lay them low and give you victory over them, and He will heal the breasts of folk who are believers."

In christianity ,Jeudaism, many other faiths or philosophies greed ,lust,selfishness is defined as evil.

In Islam "disbelief" is defined as vile in evil, your evil you dont believe in allah or doubt him more or less and are like "satan" Ibliss the "Jinni".

"9:29 Fight against such of those who have been given the Scripture as believe not in Allah nor the Last Day, and forbid not that which Allah hath forbidden by His messenger, and follow not the Religion of Truth, until they pay the tribute readily, being brought low."

"9:30 And the Jews say: Ezra is the son of Allah, and the Christians say: The Messiah is the son of Allah. That is their saying with their mouths. They imitate the saying of those who disbelieved of old. Allah (Himself) fighteth against them. How perverse are they!"

two more anti christian and anti jew decrees in the quran.
Need more the hole flipin thing is there.
http://www.skepticsannotatedbible.com/quran/9/index.html

If you think Islam is the religon of peace, or is just some B9 arab off shoot of christianity,Jeudaism and a few other things you are a naive idiot,Its far from it.Muslim hate "atheist" the most of anything.

farewell Scotty R.I.P - A Black Falcon - 24th July 2005

Quote:So you don't think terrorists would be trying their hardest to kill Americans even if we hadn't invaded Iraq?

Ummm... where DO you get such a simplistic world view? Oh yeah, you're a conservative... you see, in the real world in order for terrorists to do things they need "opportunities". In the past they've had to work pretty hard to find those opportunities -- attacking a US navy ship on a rare stop to a port in Yemen, forming elaborate plots to bomb US embassies (or of course the 9/11 hijackings), etc... it wasn't easy! But can you guess what putting 125,000 American troops as an occupying force in a Middle Eastern nation did?

You guessed it, gave them the perfect opportunity! Just like Afghanistan in the '80s against the Soviets, terrorists from all over the region have the perfect place to train and get better at what they do (remember how Bin Laden was a product of the Afghanistan anti-Soviet war?). Not to mention more funding from sympathetic figures in the area, of course... yes, Bush has been good to the terrorists, that much is pretty clear.

Oh yeah, and the fact that here in the US the threat of terrorism (which is real but hyped up) is being used to destroy our entire legal system (see: the Patriot Act and its systematic destruction of the Bill of Rights) is probably even more despicable than the terrorist acts themselves... at least the terrorists convinced THEMSELVES that they were fighting evil and doing the right thing (quite deluded of course, but they clearly do). People like Bush... "cynical liars" would be too kind.

As for what we can do now... well, the base of support for the terrorists is in Islam of course, and Muslim nations. Muslim nations need to speak out against terrorism and Islamic religious groups have to denounce (fatwas, for instance) terrorism. They aren't doing that. Until we can get rid of the support system, and the perception in Muslims that the US is in some way evil (that surely feeds that lack of strong opposition to terrorist groups), we won't get anywhere.

Iraq? We're stuck. We can't leave without allowing it to decend into even greater chaos and destruction, but on the other hand our presence there is causing some of that chaos and destruction... I don't see a good path here, but I guess all we can do now is what we've been doing... well that and realize how stupid Bush was to charge in there.

Quote:If you think Islam is the religon of peace, or is just some B9 arab off shoot of christianity,Jeudaism and a few other things you are a naive idiot,Its far from it.Muslim hate "atheist" the most of anything.

Pulling out bad quotes from a religious text proves absolutely nothing. Do you have any idea how many things you could drag out of the Bible that are pretty horrible? It's all about the interpretation and which parts the religious group in question decides to selectively read...

farewell Scotty R.I.P - Great Rumbler - 24th July 2005

Iraq is a means to an end, that end being the destruction of the US or driving us unto seclusion from the rest of the world. That's pretty much want they want. They could care less about Saddam or the people of Iraq. It's a nice cop-out to say "We're fighting because the infidels invaded Muslim soil". They only reason they care about Iraq is because if we win there it's a major blow to thier organization and could cause major changes in the Middle-east, but if THEY win Iraq would become huge safe-haven for them and a base of opperations. UBL and his cohorts attacked Brittian and Spain because they want to isolate us in Iraq, making it easier for them to fight us.

I would even go as far as to say that the terrorists don't even really care about religion, the top leaders anyway, except as far as that it allows them to more easily convert people to their way of thinking and to then use them to kill Americans. Terrorists don't like us, our society, or our form of government and they'll use anything they can to get rid of us or drive us into hiding. They don't really seem to care about Iraq or religion or anything really except that it allows them to more easily accomplish their goals. If they did, they wouldn't be slaughtering innocent children.

farewell Scotty R.I.P - Darunia - 24th July 2005

I think that its in the general best interest of the world when tyrants are toppled in favor of free democracies, and since that's been done twice thanks to the Bush Whitehouse, I feel he has in fact made the world a better place. His no-bullshit approach to dealing with Terrorism is the only realistic one. The Democrats' loving notions of "if we ignore them, they'll ignore us" are... well, just gay,

farewell Scotty R.I.P - alien space marine - 24th July 2005

Quote:Pulling out bad quotes from a religious text proves absolutely nothing. Do you have any idea how many things you could drag out of the Bible that are pretty horrible? It's all about the interpretation and which parts the religious group in question decides to selectively read...

Yes! I do know ABF ! The same site I posted "skeptics anonted" does a lashing of the bible as well , Yah I know Deuteronomy and leviticus are shit and especially that "yahweh" is not the loving merciful "just" father he claims to be all the time , But guest what the quran was plagairised taken straight from those torah books! Allah is a knock off 10x of the biblical angry Yahweh of the Torah of the bible mixed with the pagan and "Talmud" crap which is even worse then the Torah since the Talmud permits pediphilia and wife rape & beatings murdering of gentile non jews unbelievers.

How much research and knowledge of Islam do you know? Have you met former Muslims? Read the quran, Studied Islamic and arab history?Been to those damn pro islamic websites even american ones?Been shafted and treated like shit by muslims and read the quran and find out they are following its commandment to "chastise and shun the disbelievers" they are losers?

Ive read non jeudeo christian holy books, Like the aviesta and the gathas of the Zoroastrains, Read about Buddism, Studied alternate gospels like the Gnoistic, Read even the mandeist text sopposedly written by the famous "john the baptiser" were like gnoistic believed the creator "yahweh"was a blind imperfect twin to the perfect god they worship and receieve his secret knowledge, As the arguement imperfection cannot come from perfection, As if Adam was a sinner and flawed so must his maker?

Of all religons besides say the X rated polytheistic "caanism" the faith of pheocians and carthargians, Ancient isrealites , Islam shocks the hell out of me the most as a depraved piece of crap as part of its origins come from those.

Christians can undo the garbage in the old testament because of the Gospel in the new testament, So they are not commanded to wage and slay those disbelievers and hathens were you find them, As they are now all commanded to try save the sinners and "love your enemy like you love yourself".

Quote:It's all about the interpretation and which parts the religious group in question decides to selectively read...

Unfortunately islamic radicals and fundiementalist interpret things this way as do the majority of most real faithful muslims! The liberal muslims are ones traped in the cage, because there is escape by conversion to another faith as that would mean death , They are hoping to alter their cage to make it more pleasant of a prison.

The moderates or the Liberal Muslims are the ones who are the most absurde making huge stretches trying to "modernise" the crazy cult.

8:12 When thy Lord inspired the angels, (saying): I am with you. So make those who believe stand firm. I will throw fear into the hearts of those who disbelieve. Then smite the necks and smite of them each finger. Allah will throw fear into the hearts of the disbelievers, and smite their necks and fingers because they oppose Allah and Muhammad.
8:13 That is because they opposed Allah and His messenger. Whoso opposeth Allah and His messenger, (for him) lo! Allah is severe in punishment.
8:14 That (is the award), so taste it, and (know) that for disbelievers is the torment of the Fire. Disbelievers will be tormented in the Fire.
8:15 O ye who believe! When ye meet those who disbelieve in battle, turn not your backs to them. When you fight with disbelievers, do not retreat. Those who do will go to hell.
8:16 Whoso on that day turneth his back to them, unless manoeuvring for battle or intent to join a company, he truly hath incurred wrath from Allah, and his habitation will be hell, a hapless journey's end.
8:17 Ye (Muslims) slew them not, but Allah slew them. And thou (Muhammad) threwest not when thou didst throw, but Allah threw, that He might test the believers by a fair test from Him. Lo! Allah is Hearer, Knower. Those that the Muslims killed were not really killed by them. It was Allah who did the killing.
8:18 That (is the case); and (know) that Allah (it is) Who maketh weak the plan of disbelievers.

8:35 And their worship at the (holy) House is naught but whistling and hand- clapping. Therefore (it is said unto them): Taste of the doom because ye disbelieve. Taste of the doom because ye disbelieve.
8:36 Lo! those who disbelieve spend their wealth in order that they may debar (men) from the way of Allah. They will spend it, then it will become an anguish for them, then they will be conquered. And those who disbelieve will be gathered unto hell, Those who disbelieve will be gathered into hell.
8:37 That Allah may separate the wicked from the good, The wicked will He place piece upon piece, and heap them all together, and consign them unto hell. Such verily are the losers.
8:38 Tell those who disbelieve that if they cease (from persecution of believers) that which is past will be forgiven them; but if they return (thereto) then the example of the men of old hath already gone (before them, for a warning).
8:39 And fight them until persecution is no more, and religion is all for Allah. But if they cease, then lo! Allah is Seer of what they do.

8:50 If thou couldst see how the angels receive those who disbelieve, smiting faces and their backs and (saying): Taste the punishment of burning!

8:55 Lo! the worst of beasts in Allah's sight are the ungrateful who will not believe.

8:59 And let not those who disbelieve suppose that they can outstrip (Allah's Purpose). Lo! they cannot escape. Don't let the disbelievers think they can escape. They are your enemy and the enemy of Allah.
8:60 Make ready for them all thou canst of (armed) force and of horses tethered, that thereby ye may dismay the enemy of Allah and your enemy, and others beside them whom ye know not. Allah knoweth them. Whatsoever ye spend in the way of Allah it will be repaid to you in full, and ye will not be wronged.

8:65 O Prophet! Exhort the believers to fight. If there be of you twenty steadfast they shall overcome two hundred, and if there be of you a hundred (steadfast) they shall overcome a thousand of those who disbelieve, because they (the disbelievers) are a folk without intelligence. Exhort the believers to fight. They will win easily, because disbelievers are without intelligence.
8:66 Now hath Allah lightened your burden, for He knoweth that there is weakness in you. So if there be of you a steadfast hundred they shall overcome two hundred, and if there be of you a thousand (steadfast) they shall overcome two thousand by permission of Allah. Allah is with the steadfast.
8:67 It is not for any prophet to have captives until he hath made slaughter in the land. Ye desire the lure of this world and Allah desireth (for you) the Hereafter, and Allah is Mighty, Wise.

7:4 How many a township have We destroyed! As a raid by night, or while they slept at noon, Our terror came unto them. How many a township have We destroyed! As a raid by night, or while they slept at noon, Our terror came unto them.
7:5 No plea had they, when Our terror came unto them, save that they said: Lo! We were wrong-doers.

7:9 And as for those whose scale is light: those are they who lose their souls because they disbelieved Our revelations.

7:11 And We created you then fashioned you, then told the angels: Fall ye prostrate before Adam! And they fell prostrate, all save Iblis, who was not of those who make prostration.

7:18 He said: Go forth from hence, degraded, banished. As for such of them as follow thee, surely I will fill hell with all of you.

7:30 A party hath He led aright, while error hath just hold over (another) party, for lo! they choose the devils for protecting supporters instead of Allah and deem that they are rightly guided. Disbelievers choose devils as protecting friends and believe they are rightly guided.
Who chooses devils to be friends of disbelievers?
7:31 O Children of Adam! Look to your adornment at every place of worship, and eat and drink, but be not prodigal. Lo! He loveth not the prodigals.
7:32 Say: Who hath forbidden the adornment of Allah which He hath brought forth for His bondmen, and the good things of His providing ? Say: Such, on the Day of Resurrection, will be only for those who believed during the life of the world. Thus do we detail Our revelations for people who have knowledge.

7:36 But they who deny Our revelations and scorn them - each are rightful owners of the Fire; they will abide therein.

7:38 He saith: Enter into the Fire among nations of the jinn and humankind who passed away before you. Every time a nation entereth, it curseth its sister (nation) till, when they have all been made to follow one another thither, the last of them saith unto the first of them: Our Lord! These led us astray, so give them double torment of the Fire. He saith: For each one there is double (torment), but ye know not. Entire nations of the jinn (evil spirits made from fire) have been tormented with fire.
Entire nations have entered the Fire. Some get a double torment.
7:39 And the first of them saith unto the last of them: Ye were no whit better than us, so taste the doom for what ye used to earn.
7:40 Lo! they who deny Our revelations and scorn them, for them the gates of heaven will nor be opened nor will they enter the Garden until the camel goeth through the needle's eye. Thus do We requite the guilty. Disbelievers will be excluded from heaven. Theirs will be a bed of hell.
7:41 Theirs will be a bed of hell, and over them coverings (of hell). Thus do We requite wrong-doers.

7:50 And the dwellers of the Fire cry out unto the dwellers of the Garden: Pour on us some water or some wherewith Allah hath provided you. They say: Lo! Allah hath forbidden both to disbelievers (in His guidance),

7:80 And Lot! (Remember) when he said unto his folk: Will ye commit abomination such as no creature ever did before you? Homosexual acts are condemned as unnatural. (Will ye commit abomination such as no creature ever did before you?) But, in fact, such acts are common in many other species.
7:81 Lo! ye come with lust unto men instead of women. Nay, but ye are wanton folk.

7:101 Such were the townships. We relate some tidings of them unto thee (Muhammad). Their messengers verily came unto them with clear proofs (of Allah's Sovereignty), but they could not believe because they had before denied. Thus doth Allah print upon the hearts of disbelievers (that they hear not).

farewell Scotty R.I.P - Darunia - 25th July 2005

Really---sometime I'd like to have a good debate with you kind folks, but I don't want to read books and books off a computer screen... :bummed:

farewell Scotty R.I.P - Weltall - 25th July 2005

I'm so amazed how one line of text I wrote turned a memorial to Mr. Scott into an intense religious debate.

I'm also amazed at ASM's extensive knowledge of the matter at hand. :o

farewell Scotty R.I.P - Dark Jaguar - 25th July 2005

asm may not contribute sometimes, but it's clear here that when it comes to religion, he's pretty well versed. Get it, VERSED? Eh you'll laugh later on the elevator...

farewell Scotty R.I.P - alien space marine - 25th July 2005

Chuckle I am sorry my wierd preachy speeches make you feel uncomfortable!

I think a intense philosophical "religous" discussion is apropriate especially given the fact Mr Scott just died, Normaly people tend to do that at funerals?

I guess for some people Mr Scotty or Doohan is just some goof, But he was one of my childhood heroes on tv and in film, So it kind feels like a piece of my childhood died with him. I also think possibly I may have posted some of this unrelated above stuff in the wrong thread? :o

My sudden ability to be "knowledgeable" on the issue of "religion" and its philosophies, Is a byproduct of sitting in the "infidelguy" forum and website everyday it tends to make your greymatter go "tingly" bloated with info even more then yee need know.

The "yee" lingo is due to reading so many countless likely fruitless hours of archaic english religious translated texts.

Bounce

Scotty: O thou lord beam me up!

Gman:Locketh ye coordinates