Tendo City
family guy vs. futerama - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Ramble City (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=44)
+--- Thread: family guy vs. futerama (/showthread.php?tid=3038)

Pages: 1 2 3

family guy vs. futerama - dex - 5th July 2005

anyone know of family guy or futerama games
i wonder if there are any on the revolution

family guy vs. futerama - A Black Falcon - 6th July 2005

Futurama was a fantastic show...

family guy vs. futerama - lazyfatbum - 6th July 2005

How about a Futurama show where they travel back in time and meet Family Guy!? It's like the Jetsons meet the Flinstons but with nudity!

family guy vs. futerama - Great Rumbler - 6th July 2005

They're both really great examples of American animation.

Quote: i wonder if there are any on the revolution

Well, there was a Futurama game on the PS2, but I heard it wasn't very good.

family guy vs. futerama - Darunia - 6th July 2005

I prefer Futurama over Family Guy. Quite ofen, I find it downright hilarious, even if the vast majority of people prefer Family Guy. Family Guy gets its chuckles from 'stupid humor' and randomness (classic example: chicken fight!). Futurama gets it from slightly higher-strung smarter humor, i.e. jokes that you might have to think about for a moment, as well as randomness and stupidity. That aside, though, I simply love Futurama for its sci-fi theme, and I beleive that Groening made a truly great cast of original characters for it. Family Guy's characters are more real-life, and less exciting.

Futurama > Family Guy

I agree with Darunia... yeah, I know... :D

You guys and your wacko "High-class humor that makes me think about life and humanity is much preferable *drinks tea with pinky sticking out*" philosophy.

Family Guy is still hilarious even though I've been watching it every night for about a year and a half. I still laugh out loud when the old lady falls down in that episode where Brian had problems with frequent urination.

Smart humor is better than stupid humor.

Stupid humor is better than your face.

And there are a lot of jokes in Family Guy that aren't really that apparent unless you know what's being referenced, like in Futurama. And if you think Futurama doesn't have a lot of stupid humor too, like Family Guy, then you're simply fooling yourself.

Oh, it does... but sci fi is good. :) The setting gives it additional points.

Of course scifi is cool, but that still doesn't change the fact that Family Guy is hilarious.

Sure it's funny, but the point is, not AS funny... and Darunia was absolutely right that the setting just isn't as interesting.

... what can I say, I love scifi and fantasy...

Yeah, I do too.

I still watch Family Guy more than I do Futurama.

family guy vs. futerama - Weltall - 6th July 2005

ABF has a sense of humor? Where did you buy it at?

family guy vs. futerama - Dark Jaguar - 7th July 2005

He bought it at your FACE!

Look ABF's an okay guy just give him *gets attacked by giant chicken*

family guy vs. futerama - A Black Falcon - 7th July 2005

During the last school year, I watched both, but definitely more Futurama.

family guy vs. futerama - Dark Lord Neo - 7th July 2005

I liked Futureama more, but lately I've found taht I prefer watching episodes of Family Guy over again over watching Futurama episodes again

Ya know, I have to say that there is a certain subtext to Family Guy that has a lot of social commentary right in there.

Also, see what dex did there? (I'll keep pointing this out.) Seems the tactic dex feels is needed is to put a game related comment in the post to defend any topic dex may come up with.

Not needed, it's TC, just post random crap without any pretentions that it's somehow game related.

Why not mention potential games too, though?

family guy vs. futerama - Darunia - 7th July 2005

Futurama also has a slew more side-characters, and they're all so much better than Family Guy's. My very favorite ones are Zap Branagan, Dr. Zoidberg and Scruffy. Futurama's cast is vast and unique... no two characters are similar. Family Guy's characters are all small-town folk, à la the Simpsons. Therein lies a major difference.

family guy vs. futerama - dex - 7th July 2005

DARK JAGUAR I GET THE POINT STOP SAYING THAT FOR EVERYTHING I POST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Proper grammar actually requires TRIPLE the number of exclamation points, but understood.

Note that I have only responded to three of your topics, and in each one I thought it was an accurate assessment of it.

Well anyway, welcome to the board, and note that I like both of those shows.

You win again gravity...

Quote:and note that I like both of those shows.

And note that you dodge the question of which you like better. :)

Dodge? Not really. I just didn't make a point of answering it because I wanted to say something else at the time.

Now if you actually want to know my opinion, I prefer Family Guy most of the time, but there are some "joke archetypes" that Futurama does a LOT better. For example, Futurama has done the greatest "that person I've been badmouthing is right behind me?" joke I've ever heard.

You know the one.

Bender: She's right behind me isn't she?

Woman: No, I'm in front of you.

Bender: *screams*

Anyway, Futurama got a lot funnier in later episodes. At first they seemed to be developing their sea legs on the oceans of space related comedy.

But on the other hand... TO THE HINDENPETER!

family guy vs. futerama - Great Rumbler - 7th July 2005

The part in the episode of Family Guy that just finished airing where Peter loses control of his helicopter and it crashes into Joe's front yart and and spins around on the ground while the roter it still going was hilarious.

I loved it because Joe actually reacted like a normal person would to a frickin HELICOPTER crashing in his lawn.

Then the Hindenpeter crashed...

"HOW CAN YOU AFFORD THESE THINGS?!"

family guy vs. futerama - Darunia - 8th July 2005

That was absolutely one of the funniest Family Guy moments ever!!

*!!Crash!!*

Oh the humanity!

PETER: Oh my God Joe--I am so, so sorry...

JOE: How can you afford this stuff!?

family guy vs. futerama - Great Rumbler - 8th July 2005

"Joe get back inside! The roter's still going going!!"

family guy vs. futerama - Dark Jaguar - 8th July 2005

OH MY GOD WHAT IS THAT?!

family guy vs. futerama - Darunia - 8th July 2005

Those two scenes with the Petercoptor and the Hindenpeter are definitely the funniest thing of the new season... a distant second may be the Firetruck/Ambulance documentary... lol. Chuckle

family guy vs. futerama - Dark Jaguar - 8th July 2005

Well what about THIS?

John Edwards: Your name starts with an... A?

Peter: No..

Edwards: B? C? D? E, F G HIJKLMNOP-

Peter: P! Peter! My name is Peter!

Edwards: Is your name... Peter?

Peter: Yes! Wow you are some kind of sorcerer!

family guy vs. futerama - lazyfatbum - 9th July 2005

Peter Griffin: Brian... there's a message in my Alpha Bits.... *looks at bowl*

Brian: ....

Peter: It says "OOOOOOO"....

Brian: Peter, those are Cheerios.

---

Stewie: So, what do you think of this "Music Television"?

---

Meg: You could kill all the girls who are prettier than me.

Death: Well that would just leave England...

---

Chris: I don't have to listen to you! You're a dog! You don't have a soul!

Brian: ...ouch.

---

Peter Griffin: Everybody, I got bad news. We've been canceled.

Lois: Oh, no! Peter, how could they do that?

Peter: Well, unfortunately, Lois, there's just no more room on the schedule. We've just got to accept the fact that Fox has to make room for terrific shows, like "Dark Angel", "Titus", "Undeclared", "Action", "That '80s Show", "Wonder Falls", "Fastlane", "Andy Richter Controls the Universe", "Skin", "Girls Club", "Cracking Up", "The Pitts", "Firefly", "Get Real", "Freaky Links", "Wanda at Large", "Costello", "The Lone Gunmen", "A Minute with Stan Hooper", "Normal, Ohio", "Pasadena", "Harsh Realm", "Keen Eddie", "The Street", "American Embassy", "Cedric the Entertainer", "The Tick", "Louie", and "Greg the Bunny".

Lois: Is there no hope?

Peter: Well, I suppose if all those shows go down the tubes, we might have a shot.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

family guy vs. futerama - Smoke - 10th July 2005

Not a one of those shows are still on are they?

:D

family guy vs. futerama - Great Rumbler - 10th July 2005

Peter Griffin: You know those Germans; if you don't join the party, they come get you.

family guy vs. futerama - EdenMaster - 10th July 2005

Smoke-X Wrote:Not a one of those shows are still on are they?

No, and that's the joke, though some of those shows were actually good and never got a chance to take off. Well actually, only Titus and Andy Richter Controls the Universe were worth keeping.

And Firefly.

family guy vs. futerama - Darunia - 10th July 2005

Remember The Mantis? And then there was the new Get Smart, and House of Bugging? Those were on for about a month, about ten years ago.... they billed it as 'Fo Fu Su', which was FOx FUnny SUnday.

family guy vs. futerama - Dark Jaguar - 10th July 2005

I didn't like a single one, and hey, their failure in the end is proof of poor quality.

You think only TV series that are poor quality get cancelled? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA!!!

Ah, okay I'm done now. But, seriously TV series are not cancelled because they are poor in quality. If that were the case we wouldn't have tons of reality TV shows that run FOREVER. TV shows get cancelled because they don't get good enough ratings, and don't appear as if they will do anything to change that quickly, for the network to continue putting money into making more episodes. Titus and Firefly were both pretty good, albeit very different, series but Fox so fit to cut them down and the only reason Family Guy is getting another season is because it did so well in DVD sales. I guess you also think Futurama is poor quality because Fox cut it down before it could end properly as well.

You seem to lack a concept of irony.

family guy vs. futerama - A Black Falcon - 10th July 2005

Firefly is too good a show to belong on that list... :) (though Titus was somewhat decent, Firefly was great...)

Quote:You seem to lack a concept of irony.

You're so weird, DJ.

I never CLAIMED to be otherwise!

family guy vs. futerama - Darunia - 11th July 2005

I miss TV--you know, before every new season was nothing but horrible, scripted, choreographed, repetitive reality shows. Rolleyes

family guy vs. futerama - Great Rumbler - 11th July 2005

There are still some good series going at there. Not very many though.

Some shows to watch out for:
Monk
Arrested Development

That's about it really.

family guy vs. futerama - A Black Falcon - 11th July 2005

I've barely watched TV in a month... okay, yeah, part of that is not having cable, but the main reason is I've been playing Guild Wars instead of wasting time on the internet or watching TV... my GC and N64 haven't seen a lot of use in the last week either. :) ... I have been playing Fire Emblem: TSS though... great game.

As for TV... oh, we did rent some stuff, and I watched the first two disks of season 1 of Babylon 5. I'd seen some of the episodes before, but that doesn't make them any less great...

family guy vs. futerama - Smoke - 11th July 2005

I miss Dark Angel. I've had a thing for Jessica Alba since she was on the new Flipper. I used to watch that awful show just to look at her. I even watched an episode of the New Love Boat because she was on it. Jessica Alba + Bikini = Joystick

[Image: gm_l6.jpg]

family guy vs. futerama - Dark Jaguar - 11th July 2005

I saw one episode of Dark Angel, ONE, and that was enough to convince me it was a direct attack against all sentience. It consisted of the main character suddenly going into "heat" and struggling not to "shag" anything that moves, the WHOLE FRICKIN' THING.

Sorry, any series capable of producing THAT is not worth giving a second chance.

family guy vs. futerama - A Black Falcon - 11th July 2005

Star Trek had one or two of those per series you know, and Star Trek is still (mostly) good... but yeah, Dark Angel was cool, and it's definitely too bad that it died after two seasons (stupid Fox! Dark Angel and Firefly... why do they even bother with sci-fi?), though.

As for Jessica Alba, she is in the new Fantastic Four movie you know.

family guy vs. futerama - Great Rumbler - 12th July 2005

Yeah, she is. I didn't really like her character in it though.