Tendo City
People need to start PAYING ATTENTION when advertisers LIE to them! - Printable Version

+- Tendo City (https://www.tendocity.net)
+-- Forum: Tendo City: Metropolitan District (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Ramble City (https://www.tendocity.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=44)
+--- Thread: People need to start PAYING ATTENTION when advertisers LIE to them! (/showthread.php?tid=3005)

People need to start PAYING ATTENTION when advertisers LIE to them! - Dark Jaguar - 15th June 2005

http://www.referenceaudiomods.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=RAM&Category_Code=C37

People are actually BUYING this stuff!

For those too lazy or afraid to read it, in summery it's a lacquer (which isn't so bad if you just want a cosmetic upgrade), BUT the claim is that by properly applying this, not even to the electronics but to the OUTSIDE of your karp, you'll notice a significant increase in audio quality. And, since people believe outright lies, you can bet that not only will people buy it, they will convince themselves it works.

I think that those that actually trust the obvious lies of advertisers need to be removed from the gene pool, or at least subjected to the classical conditioning I am about to propose...

A NEW HEALTHY, NATURAL, ALTERNATIVE, cereal! Wheat, Bran, and Shards of *$&king Glass! Buy it today! It has over 800% the daily recommended allowance of... I dunno, silicates and... fibers.... People need calcium, just add milk to this and this has it! Also, vitamin c, um, d, some other stuff. People need that too! *forgoes bothering to mention if this cereal even has any of that*

*Note, this WILL KILL YOU!

Sadly, at this point just a LITTLE bit more convincing advertising and I think this cereal would sell... Good advertising can turn ANY negative into a positive (provided you are a moron who has been deprived of any instruction on critical thinking methods), and outright LIES seem to be just fine too.

People need to start PAYING ATTENTION when advertisers LIE to them! - Great Rumbler - 15th June 2005

Can't you just go to a hardware store and get a big bucket of lacquer for about $20?

People need to start PAYING ATTENTION when advertisers LIE to them! - Dark Jaguar - 15th June 2005

But THAT doesn't improve sound quality :D.

Okay this doesn't either of course but they say it does, and that's the whoever they are difference!

People need to start PAYING ATTENTION when advertisers LIE to them! - Great Rumbler - 15th June 2005

I think I'll pass anyway.

People need to start PAYING ATTENTION when advertisers LIE to them! - geoboy - 15th June 2005

This reminds me of the time I bought Volcano Insurance. The saleman said the Midwest is about due for one. How could I say no!

[/family guy reference]

Well, you did buy all that handsome cream...

People need to start PAYING ATTENTION when advertisers LIE to them! - Moiraine - 15th June 2005

Look at them up there, plottin.... plannin their attack..

We attack, tomorrow.

Yes tomorrow.

I mean it this time!

I do too!

That's Lois's rainy day fund!

Oh, um... I'm not here right now... Please leave a message! Beep.

People need to start PAYING ATTENTION when advertisers LIE to them! - Moiraine - 15th June 2005

oh man... I hate these damn machines... uh yes hello, my name is Peter Griffen... (I don't remember the rest of the convo... and I call myself a family guy fan...) Bounce

People need to start PAYING ATTENTION when advertisers LIE to them! - Great Rumbler - 16th June 2005

After that the Weinstein guy gives Peter a yoyo.

People need to start PAYING ATTENTION when advertisers LIE to them! - Dark Jaguar - 16th June 2005

But what about my cereal? It's the cereal for those who don't like sugery cereal but still want the pleasure of defiling their bodies!